301 Rope Rider Drive
Cle Elum, WA 98922Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Hoist House Restaurant at Swiftwater Cellars
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.swiftwatercellars.com/
- Phone: 5096746555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:00 Am - 2:30 Pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 12:00 Pm - 2:30 Pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 Pm - 9:00 Pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Paul Cotta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our facility will service small, medium and large groups.
Our private dining room ‘s elegant setting overlooking the brand new Rope Rider golf course.
Crush Pad: this area is used for the first step in wine making.
Our “Crush” area will service 30 - 75 guests. This area comes with your own private patio and fire pit!
Our processing area Is memorable venue among the winery equipment, barrel aging rooms and the aroma of wine and food. This area will service up to 250 for large banquets, rehearsal dinners and corporate functions
- Private Party Contact: Jami Parks 5096746555
- Entertainment: Swiftwater Cellars offers live music every Friday and Saturday night. Also check us out at www.swiftwatercellars.com for upcoming events at the winery.
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- NewfiegirlDined on 10/10/2014Food was good but service was slow. Our waitress spent a lot of time at the tables of "regulars" gabbing and paying little attention to other customers she did not know personally. We were waiting over an hour at the table from time we sat until our appetizer showed and another 45 min until dinner arrived. Our meal for 3 with 2 glasses of wine was almost 200.00 without tip. We really expected better service. The bus staff did an excellent job. Our water glasses were never empty. My husband had to ask for coffee refills as they were never offered. Next time I might think of taking him elsewhere for his Birthday Celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCDgolfDined on 10/4/2014What a great setting for a wonderful dinner after a great day of golf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXQUISITEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The food is exquisite! Presentation is beautiful. Our dinners looked like pieces of artwork. Even more importantly, the flavors are magnificent. Our dinners were as delightful to look at as they were to eat. We drove from Yakima to celebrate my husband's birthday and were completely happy with our experience as we love Hoist House Restaurant. Our only disappointment was to not be able to have the outstanding clam chowder. One Saturday last fall, I continued to think about its rich taste, so I hopped in the car and drove to Cle Elum to enjoy a bowl. Extraordinary! The foyer and bar with the majestic fireplace, inviting chairs, and scenic view is the best ever! We could sit there for hours. Thank you for a divine place with everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodJosephDined on 9/22/2014Had a good meal at hoist. The name of the restaurant almost made us not go but there aren't many options in the area. We are glad we did. Steak was great, flatbreads were excellent. The service was very forced and not particularly good but given the location and size of the community I'm not surprised. The prices were absurd even for a destination resort restaurant. I'm not a local but if I were, I wouldn't dine there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Love this place for all the notable reasons above. Service seems to always be the problem. On this last occasion, we had a very nice young lady who was (in my humble opinion) overworked. She was constantly running. As a result when she came to our table I felt rushed. Each time she arrived we didn't get a chance to request exactly what we wanted. Even though we arrived at 7:15, we were the last ones in the Restaurant. Long dinners are ok/enjoyable, if you're not always trying to figure out where the waitress is. My frustration was reflected in the gratuity I left. It's a few days later that I'm filing this form, & I can tell you I feel bad & guilty where this young lady is concerned. She tried. Maybe poor mgmt. is responsible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysRestaurantVIPDined on 8/29/2014We keep coming back because the food is fabulous. Would highly recommend. The kids love it as well. You can't go wrong with any dish there.Special Features:
- Casual environment, food marginalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Casual environment, should have asked for a window table or outside. Food was marginal, had salmon and steak. Desserts were amazing and made up for main entree. Support staff was great, always filling water glasses. Would try again next time we visit. Lisa the manager was very pleasant and kind.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!!!LynnVVIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is simply amazing. Stunning views from inside the restaurant or outside on the expansive patio with fireside tables. Staff is friendly and efficient. We had everything we needed but were not pestered while visiting. The food was creative and cooked to perfection! Everyone had something different and with 6 people dining not one was disappointed. Worth a repeat visit!Special Features:
- Just greatNotSoTough2PleaseDined on 8/12/2014Fine wine, great food in a family friendly yet sophisticated atmosphere. The service was friendly and efficient. Nice views and a great room too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun DinnermmdinerDined on 8/8/2014We always have a great time when we come here. "The place to be" in Suncadia. Everyone is welcome and everyone can find something they like.Special Features:
- Great food and wineRattlhedDined on 8/1/2014Had dinner here 2 nights in a row while staying the weekend at suncadia. Menu had a lot of variety. Could spend $35-$45 per meal and eat really fancy or go modest for $15-$20 and still get a great meal. Wine is outstanding and service both nights was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for families...MiramereDined on 7/4/2014We have enjoyed Hoist House on many occasions. Sitting outside and eating great food is wonderful. Except when we recently had dinner for my 15 YOs birthday, we were faced with a few drunk customers - - one who inappropriately approached and touched one of my daughters friends (also 15 YO). I so did enjoy visiting Hoist House for many years; not sure if I can, in good conscious, return. Seemed as if staff wanted to 'do the right thing' and remove the drunken party, but wasn't sure how to do so. Didn't really address the touching issue, except to agree it wasn't ok.Special Features:
- Sitting at the barBobTDined on 6/28/2014We made a reservation on line and only when we arrived were we told that reservations done on line did not guarantee a table. We had to sit at the bar which was fine but somewhat stilted conversation. If can't guarantee a table this should be made clear before we arrive. There were at least two tables open during the time we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BroadmoorFarmsIncDined on 6/27/2014We have been to the Hoist House many times and will definately be back! Great food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Hoist House Restaurant at Swiftwater Cellars reviews archive.
- Great SaladsFoodieJJDined on 5/23/2014My husband and I very much enjoyed it here. We had dinner one night and then went back for lunch the next day. The salads were wonderful. We weren't as impressed with the soup, roasted cauliflower, or the desert, chocolate ganache cake. It can get pretty noisy when it fills up but it's a comfortable atmosphere. The staff were friendly but a tad slow when it got busier. We're not wine drinkers but it looked like they had a nice sampler available.Special Features:
- Really fantastic.UnforgettableDined on 4/26/2014When we arrived for our reservation, our table was not quite ready and they asked if we would like to pick out a complimentary cocktail while we waited. SO nice! Who cares to wait a minute with a free first drink? Great service right at the start. The food was over-the-top fantastic. Ambience was rustic/ski challet lodge like. The only thing I would have changed is...they happened to have a live band that night out by the main fireplace in the adjacent room that was a bit too lound, and carried into the dining room too much. Not too bad though. Overall a truly fantastic birthday dinner. Crab cakes were some of the best around (with a little spice). Thai sea bass was out of this world. And, warm peanut butter cake was to die for.Special Features:
- At the Chef's TablemmdinerDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I had a great dinner sitting at the Chef's Table - watching them work while being part of the dining experience. We enjoyed the show and dinner. The restaurant and winery were both very busy and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The use of of flavored buttersIronmonarchDined on 3/30/2014The use of of flavored butters is a new experience. The special of crusted halibut on a bed of pea greens and heirloom tomatoes was fantastic.Special Features:
- Had a great time!skarnDined on 3/30/2014Food was great, wine was delicious and the view was amazing. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love going there always friendlyluvmywineDined on 3/28/2014Love going there always friendly staff and good food. never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedlindaDined on 3/28/2014We were celebrating our 20th anniversary. We ordered the filet or tenderloin. It was overpriced for the qualiry! Not melt in your mouth tender. The waiter was from New York and was very stuffy, not friendly at all! Wonderful setting and building!Special Features:
- Cheap ScateBirthdayboyDined on 3/16/2014Great food--on the expensive side particularly for the area. Fantastic view that would be better in the summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014There were 4 in our group and 3 of us had never been to Hoist House before. The one person who had been there before was having the birthday. It was great to start in the bar and not cash out, it went forward to our server. (very convenient) The group could feel comfortable and not pressured to hurry and leave or get to the next food stage. Our birthday girl had a great time and the 3 new customers will be back. Thanks so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing LambswedeDined on 2/8/2014I went for the tenderloin, which was prepared absolutley perfect as per my request, my husband choose the lamb chops. As we often do, test the ohters meal. Oh my gosh, the lamb was AMAZING. Tasty, tender, and totally outstading. Our server Sarah, pleasent and knowledgeable, added to our satisfaction. We broughth my husbands parents (my in-laws) and they wer equally pleased. We were a bit bhtered by the noice. We were looking for a time to visit, but that was hindered by the noice level of the band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant indmar62Dined on 2/8/2014My favorite restaurant in the Suncadia area. Love the location, food, and wine. During this visit we enjoyed the food but were surprised by the increase in prices from our last visit. $67.00 Ribeye seems a little steep. OpenTable should change price to $$$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealEatingoutisspecialVIPDined on 2/7/2014A great Caesar salad. One of the best anywhere. Combined with a tenderloin that Was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Excellent mealEatingoutisspecialVIPDined on 1/17/2014This restaurant continues to improve. By far this was our best experience yet. A cozy resort-next-door feel. The Proprietary Red 2008...excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!RestaurantVIPDined on 12/24/2013We had a great time, great food and great staff. Highly recommend. The portions were generous. The kids really like the pizza. Will for sure go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeighborsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/29/2013We just love this place. Food is excellent service is outstanding We bring every relative visiting here at least once They too reaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and plenty of it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2013We had to wait about five minutes to be acknowledged at the entrance to the restaurant area, there wasn't anyone posted at the desk on the way in. We sat in a booth that must have been under a vent, a bit of a breeze. I didn't remove my coat. The food choices were numerous, very generous servings and delicious. I had the scallops and the peanut butter cake for dessert. I'm not sure if bread was part of our meal, but the server brought it when we asked for it. I have lived in Ellensburg for almost 20 years, and had yet to find a nice place for special dinners. We went this time to celebrate two birthdays in our group of four. This restaurant will become our first choice for the next special occasion. Thank you.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectations!DTMB85Dined on 11/10/2013Excellent food and service...the attention to detail was noticed and appreciated. They accomadated our group and made sure the kids were taken good care of, too. I had the steak and my wife had the flatbread pizza and salad. We always look forward to dining here when we visit Suncadia. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Surprising RestaurantTUTZ103VIPDined on 10/20/2013It was my husbands birthday and we thought this would be a more intimate setting but when it was all said it done it did not matter. Our experience was unbelieveable. The service was superb and the food was FANTASTIC.Special Features:
- Sumcadia dining optionMABJVIPDined on 10/17/2013My wife and I dined at the Hoist House which represents the only other Suncadia dinner option to the Portals restaurant at the Suncadia Lodge. The dining room is large with an open kitchen offering bar seating as well as booths along one wall. The service as is the case throughout Suncadia was uneven ranging from disinterested to professional. There were several large groups and the atmosphere is upscale sports bar. Food and drink preparation was generally good. We were puzzled by the portion size when my wife was presented with her steelhead order on a slab bearing what appeared to be about a 32 ounce side of fish. A peach cobbler desert appeared to have been thrown together from canned fruit . Overall a work in progress.Special Features:
- I have been to Hoist HouseAlfredDined on 9/1/2013I have been to Hoist House Restaurant many times before. This time took some newbies. They had a very good band in the bar next door and it was very difficult to talk with our friends over dinner because of it. But the food, wine and friends trumped the music and we enjoyed ourselves. The other nights we have been there did not have such loud music and we had a more personal experience. None-the-less, I truly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snowberrysnowberryDined on 9/1/2013Food was excellent- extremely tasty and portions huge. Service quick and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too loudlovetoshopVIPDined on 8/24/2013Entrees are at a minimum of $30 but the quality and quantity of food was great. The issue we had was that there is live music (with a plugged in amp:) making it impossible to carry on any sort of conversation during dinner. Even the busboy apologized a dozen times for how loud the dining room was. The atmosphere is more of sports bar kinda vibe-large screen tv etc...
- Anniversary Dinner CelebrationDodieDined on 8/11/2013The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Our food was fresh, beautifully prepared and presented, and it was superb! When the staff realized we were celebrating a wedding anniversary, many came to the table to wish us well and the chef provided a great dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too ExpensivenononononDined on 7/30/2013food was good, though way too expensive....owner seems to be taking advantage of the high-end clientele who live nearby...for those of us on moderate incomes traveling from other locations, a $78.00 lunch for three is too much money. So, if cost is not an issue, this is the place for you! Service was the best I have ever experienced in all my dining out, which is quite a statement I know; kind, sincere, helpful, attentive without being overbearing, generous thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerDkolbasDined on 7/20/2013We had a pleasant experience! The food was delicious! The place was beautiful! My mom ordered the blanco flatbread, I ordered the wagyu burger which was outstanding!!! The No. 9 Riesling was the best wine! My mom enjoyed her experience so much that she will be returning to Hoist this Friday with her spouse! She's coming all the way from Olympia :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/4/2013We were visiting the Ronald, WA area and went to Hoist House for dinner. We loved the Gorgonzola cheese appetizer, which was coated in macadamia crust and came with roasted garlic and a fruit compote. I enjoyed my barbecued chicken and my husband had a flatbread with artichokes and chicken which was very large and tasty. The only thing we weren't crazy about was the somewhat expensive Pinot noir we ordered. It wasn't fruity, just kind of bitter. We thought it would get better with time, but just didn't feel it was worth the price. The restaurant is in a lovely setting and there were many families enjoying the patio in the nice weather. Service was very friendly and quick.Special Features: