Hofbrauhaus - Chicago
5500 Park Place
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: $30 and under
Hofbrauhaus - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hofbrauhauschicago.com/
- Phone: (847) 671-2739
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German
- Executive Chef: Klaus Lotter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have an extensive catering menu
- Private Party Facilities: The famous Beer Hall (Schwemme) is the "historical heart" and main attraction of Hofbräuhaus Chicago. With its traditional beer hall design and live music nightly it is sure to be one of your favorite attractions in Chicago. The King Ludwig Room with its unique design and cozy athmosphere can accommodate up to 200 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Laurel Clark 847-671-2739x
- Entertainment: Hofbräuhaus Chicago offers exceptional, traditional Bavarian music nightly. Each month a new band from the Bavarian/Austrian European region performs. Hofbräuhaus Chicago diners can party, sing and participate with traditional beer hall music.
A word from Hofbrauhaus - Chicago
Hofbräuhaus Chicago is the first and only German micro brewery, beer hall, restaurant and beer garden to call Chicago home. Modeled after the legendary Hofbräuhaus in Munich, Germany, it takes pride giving you an experience as authentic and unforgettable as the 400-year-old original. Guests can savor schnitzels, sausages, Sauerbraten and pretzels, and some ingredients are even imported from abroad. The freshly brewed beer follows the purity law from 1516 using original recipes handed down by the Duke of Bavaria over 400 years ago. With its beer hall (Schwemme), King Ludwig Room, and Biergarten in summer, it's Oktoberfest every day. Hofbräuhaus Chicago also features live music nightly with bands from Germany and Austria. In addition, you can take a piece of Bavaria home from the gift shop stocked with authentic and unique Bavarian gifts & collectibles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Hofbrauhaus - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
Hofbrauhaus - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (71)vibrant bar scene (33)special occasion (29)kid-friendly (28)hot spot (23)fit for foodies (17)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (11)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Not very good at allSherrydVIPDined on 11/15/2014My boyfriend & I looked forward to coming here for a long time; it was definitely a disappointment. Our server was fantastic, the music was great but the food....oh my. Chicken Cordon Bleu was completely dried out and I never detected the cheese or ham inside. The german potato salad was served cold (since when?) and was too vinegary to even eat. The prices are VERY high too. We had 2 dinners, 2 beers and a pretzel appetizer -- our bill was $75.00. Oh and parking is a nitemare! Nope, we'll never go back.Special Features:
- great german beer hallBillDined on 11/15/2014outstanding german food set in a munich beer hall. Beer was very tasty. Entertainment was very good. Went with a party of 6, the noise level was quite high making conversations difficult. definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Octoberfest4youDined on 11/12/2014Felt like I was in a Bier garden in Germany! Good was great, the band was from Germany so it made it very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okKazy68Dined on 11/4/2014We went for lunch and it was just ok. The food was not that special and without the band playing it seemed pretty empty. We will go back again with a big group when the scene is more lively though. Service was pretty slow for as empty it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite LIVELY and LOUDluvgoodfoodDined on 10/30/2014This is a GREAT place to go if you want loud. It is not a romantic spot to sit quietly and talk. The food was very yummy and the GIANT PRETZEL with the cheese spread is a MUST!Special Features:
- Alles GutCosmo7VIPDined on 10/28/2014A great place to feel like you are in the city of Munich, with great food, excellent spirits and American girls to serve you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HofbrauhausmockyVIPDined on 10/27/2014Good authentic German food and great for groups. Do go here if you want a quiet dinner--or to hear what anyone at your table might be saying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014Notwithstanding the fact that we had a reservation, we were placed in the "annex" to the main dining room after having passed several empty tables. The manager told me they were "reserved". He clearly had no intention of trying to find us a better table. The food in general was poor (my schnitzel was like breaded cardboard) although the beer was good. The waitress was very pleasant but she had too many tables to serve so we waited quite a bit. If you think this is like the Hofbrauhaus in Munich, forget about it don't waste your time.
- Good, not greatEaterDined on 10/25/2014The ambiance is cute and it's just like the one in Germany except for a few things. I would assume the one in Germany is a little cheaper, with the average dinner plate costing around $19 for not that much food. It's somewhere to go once to experience, but I doubt I'd go back for little food for a lot of money.Special Features:
- good memoriesdizzylizzyDined on 10/24/2014Have been to original Hofbrau Haus in Munich and have German relatives...many great memories were stirred and happy moments relived....good German food and beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic authentic German foodJCinPAVIPDined on 10/23/2014I lived in Germany for two years when I was in the Air Force, and I can tell you this food is authentic and it is very good indeed! Set up like a traditional Bavarian Beer Hall, long tables for 8-10, waitresses in Dirndls, big steins of beer (and smaller ones). The beer is also very, very good. If you are a German food fan, you will not be disappointed. They also have entertainment and plenty of kids so bring the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisyabbalineDined on 10/22/2014It was to loud to carry on a conversation with someone at your tableSpecial Features:
- Too loud, pushy waiterakeatsDined on 10/22/2014Met an out of town cousin and wanted a kid friendly restaurant. This was not the spot... You could hardly hear the person next/across from you. The music was so loud my daughter asked me to put tissue in her ears and my son was screaming most of the time because he was so agitated. The food seemed to be as fine as encased meat can be. Our waiter was pretty pushy especially when it came to ordering alcohol. I'm sure a group of friends would enjoy this atmosphere but it's not kid friendly and way too loud.
- A fun thing to do with a group!ChicagoKVIPDined on 10/18/2014We met friends for dinner on Saturday at Hofbrauhaus and were thoroughly entertained. This place is immense and was mobbed due to the Oktoberfest season (d'oh!), so we were glad we had reservations. The food was yummy, the German('ish) band was energetic, the servers were attentive and the communal seating contributed to the beer hall ambiance. The noise level was off the charts but singing along with the band was part of the experience. They brew their own beers and the menu has a good range of German mainstays. Not a "fine dining" experience nor an authentic German restaurant but a fun thing to do with a group. After dinner, we checked out some of the other places in the complex -- it's a hoot. Great people watching.Special Features:
- Hofbrauhaus is awesomeKByumVIPDined on 10/18/2014Having been to the real Hofbrauhaus in Munich, I wasn't sure what to expect. Well, we had a great time. Great beer, amazing band (Das Junger Th... something), great service (Tess) and awesome ambiance. Fun, vibrant, and amazing. Can't wait to bring family back.Special Features:
- OctoberfestCiaoDined on 10/11/2014Great food - fun atmosphere! Very energetic crowd. Live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!MiamiparentDined on 10/4/2014What a crazy, fun,place. Had a great time with large group. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun in the Haus!LuluDined on 10/4/2014My boyfriend & I had a blast at H Haus! Lively crowd, good food, great band, and of course great beer! An energetic restaurant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/1/2014my wife and i went there for dinner. we had a great time! i got the "BIG BEER" Dunkel! the dinner food was very good. i got the 3 sausage with the mashed potatos, and sauerkraut. it was like eating a home cooked meal. there was a live band...a mix between traditional German folk and today's rock. Great food! Good BEER! Good live music! we will be back! Very affordable!Special Features:
- Loud and funCaribmanDined on 9/30/2014Just like a beer haus in Munich. Loud German music. Lots of beer good beer. Expensive beer. $15 a liter. food was good everyone was having a great time singing drinking and eatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We absolutely loved Hofbrauhaus. The food/beer were delicious and the band was very energetic and entertaining. We'll definitely visit again soon!Special Features:
- Hof is wunderbaughMinWheatonDined on 9/27/2014Fun Place good beer, jagersnitzel was terrific, saurbraten not so much. Service was tops and atosphere was fun. great place for freinds to eat sing and goof off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining and drinkingHavinFunDined on 9/26/2014Loud, communal dining experience. Food was traditional German. Not spectacular, but not bad either. Great energy at night - keg tapping and non stop music and entertainment. Not a place to go if you want to have great conversation as it is very loud. However, the MC did a great job at engaging the crowd with standing on the benches and stein holding contests. We went for a birthday - and the birthday boy got his shot and a spanking. Great, great fun. Prost!Special Features:
- OverpricedNCDZDined on 9/26/2014The food quality and taste were okay but we felt it was overpriced. We were there for lunch, and the bill was quite high for a lunch time meal.Special Features:
- Very good German styleAngie18Dined on 9/21/2014The only problem is it's too noisy. Couldn't hear what my friends are saying. Besides that, a very good experience. Lots of good food and fun.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere beer hallMsMLDined on 9/20/2014This was modeled after the Hofbrauhaus is Germany. The atmosphere is so much fun and the beer is excellent. It is appropriate for children, but it is very very loud because there is a live band and a lot of chatter. It is best to go with a group.Special Features:
- Fun!SKDKVIPDined on 9/20/2014Hofbrauhaus is a fun, energetic establishment - that can absolutely accomodate large groups... make sure to account for very energetic atmosphere that is a TON of fun!Special Features:
- Almost like the real thingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/19/2014Another good dining experience at the Hofbrauhaus. The beer and food taste very similar to that of the original restaurant in Munich. The pretzel is a must every time I come and I am never disappointed in it. Beer is top notch as always. My only complaint is that they do not let you substitute the sides (in my case I would prefer spatzle instead of mashed potatoes). The waitress was understanding and said that she wishes they would change the policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer...But Way Too NaggingJandTDined on 9/18/2014We have been to Hofbrau in Munich many times and love the beer hall mentality. And we have gone to the Chicago version several times but now only go when there is a special band playing due to the following problems, which is a constant and unending nagging you to order by wait staff. If you want to savor the beer for 30-60 minutes (it is a beer hall isn't it?), they come back at your about every 5 minutes asking for your order. It is distracting and nerve wracking. I think they want everyone served and out of the door as quickly as possible. What should be a slow, relaxed dinner becomes a marathon of holding off the wait staff. It is not like we don't pay our way, our tab generally runs over $150. Enough. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Nice change of pace!BrookeeDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I came here for dinner before a show at the Allstate. Since we were not familiar with the Entertainment District, we chose to pay the $10 valet parking fee. The restaurant is a very large, open single room with several long tables and benches. We were sat at the end of one long table and then another party joined us later to share the table. This was a bit different but we are social people so we didn't mind. Conversation was difficult because of the size of the room and the acoustics. There is a live band who are interactive with the guests. Food was fantastic! We ordered two different meals and shared so we could taste a bit of everything! The liter of beer is HUGE! Appropriate for the whole family and a nice changeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and funAndydandyDined on 9/13/2014Pros: lots of energy, delicious pork shank, German band playing, clean, fun audiance participation, waitresses wore traditional Dirndl dresses and the place looks little like the Hofbraushaus in Munich. Cons: three tiered sauge platter for $29 came with five small different sausages cut in have and was served with two very dry and not warm pretzels, only two men in the band wore tradional Lederhosen clothing and service was slow.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!RadioRossDined on 9/13/2014We've been frequent visitors and Hofbrauhaus never fails to please. The food is always excellent and the service is always good despite the often extremely busy staff. I would never hesitate to recommend this place to anyone though with one caveat - it's very loud and boisterous as one would expect in a beer hall. The live music is always fun though sometimes hard to hear over the general din.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boisterous German FungdroverDined on 9/12/2014For a wild and crazy night out, you can't beat the Hofbrauhaus. The German band covers all of the classic German drinking songs, as well as Sweet Caroline and other fun sing-along songs. The food is very dependable German Fare, served hot and quickly. The beers are large and excellent. Tons of fun, good food, and a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Oktoberfest funHappyGirl120Dined on 9/12/2014Went here for the first night of Oktoberfest activities. We had a blast and will definitely be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experience!LibbyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Dining at Hofbrauhaus isn't just grabbing some good German grub, it's an experience. Always entertaining!Special Features:
- FunLem267Dined on 9/12/2014We had a great waitress and a lot of fun overall. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, food was just okaydrwojoVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is a fun place to eat with the entertainment and the great beer. The food is just okay. I'd recommend the roasted chicken, which was very tasty, but some of the other dishes are very heavy, so if this is not your thing, go simple. Service is excellent and attentive. And the beer. Very nice.Special Features:
- drinks impressive, food not so muchmeng1110pcsVIPDined on 8/18/2014the food was OK to be fair, but for the location, i definitely expect better. on the upside - the service was great and i was served and greeted promptly even it being the middle of the day and them being short staffedSpecial Features:
- Great fun!ChuckandlinusDined on 8/16/2014We made reservations here assuming we were going to enjoy an authentic German dinner. We got that plus so much more. The band was terrific, although I think they should have stayed with the German tunes and away from the contemporary stuff. The stein holding contest was very entertaining, and the spanking shots were a hoot to watch!!! The crowd included all ages, including a couple of parties, and everyone seemed to be having a fantastic time. The food and the were authentic and delicious, and fairly priced. The bartender had a bit of difficulty when we asked him for several shots, but that was our only disappointment. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- No likeness to German food at all!FoodiefamilyDined on 8/15/2014We travel to Germany often and enjoy the cuisine and were very excited to try this place. We hated every minute of it - we dine in the Hofbrauhaus in Munich and have never had people standing on chairs signing or having their backside paddled or being shamed into having to partake in this nonsense by the band leader. Food was below par and I struggled through half of the schnitzel before I finally gave up - tough meat, so thing it was almost invisible and dry as dog food. I had to ask for more lemon just to make add some moisture to the dish. And the last mouthful had a hair - I know that is something that is sometimes not the fault of the restaurant - it was the icing on the cake though. My husband said the beer was just ok.Special Features: