Hodson's Bar and Grill - Southglenn
6851 S Gaylord St. #262
Centennial, CO 80122Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hodson's Bar and Grill - Southglenn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hodsonsbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 7204573852
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mike Bickelhaupt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room with full audio/visual capabilities that can accommodate up to 20 guests. Semi-private room near the bar and cocktail area that can accommodate up to 20 guests.
- Private Party Contact: JT Taylor 7204573852
- Entertainment: Hodson's features live music on our patio Thursdays beginning May 5th! Music starts at 7:00 pm. Come see Justin Donovan, Sazon, Hazel Miller, and Tickler.
- Special Events: LADIES NIGHT!! Every Thursday 3-close ladies drinks are half price! All cocktails, beer, champagne and wine by the glass!
- Cross Street: Arapahoe and University
- Public Transit: The new Streets at South Glenn are located at the corner of Arapahoe and University.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a large public parking garage, half a block away, with valet parking offered as well. There is also free street parking available.
A word from Hodson's Bar and Grill - Southglenn
Situated in the new streets at South Glenn in Centennial, Hodson’s is a stylish, upbeat restaurant and bar featuring expertly prepared American fare. Rotisserie cooking is the big draw, featuring roasted chicken and slow roasted prime rib among other favorites. Hodson’s also offers an outstanding wine list, local micro-brews and a selection of hand-crafted specialty cocktails. This American contemporary restaurant is ideal for lunch, dinner and cocktails. From the leather booth seating, soft lighting and spectacular bar, every element of the design evokes a classic yet sophisticated setting. Come and sit by the fire pit and enjoy our large patio year round. Our staff is outgoing, knowledgeable and friendly, with a genuine desire to please, and we will always welcome you with a smile. Hodson’s provides an atmosphere that encourages you to enjoy, relax and be yourself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Hodson's Bar and Grill - Southglenn - Best Restaurants in Centennial ›
Hodson's Bar and Grill - Southglenn reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (8)good for groups (8)special occasion (7)late-night find (5)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Off NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014Food was cold and old (chicken seemed to be several days old). Service was rushed and server never engaged. Place was very good two years ago and progressively has declined.Special Features:
- What happened to this place?DonotcookVIPDined on 8/18/2014We'd been fans of Hodson's since our first visit. The space is gorgeous, lots of food choices which are generally quite good, and the place was buzzing. You could grab a seat at the bar, chow down on 50/50 sliders (1/2 need, 1/2 bacon) and watch a game. It was great. We went back last week after a short hiatus, and I cannot express this strongly enough-the place is terrible. The menu is completely different, no more 50/50 sliders of anything else worth ordering, and the service was abysmal. I hesitate even taking the time to write this since there were maybe 3 other tables seated during evening rush hour. If it's still open in a month, I'll be shocked. It's a shame though, since this place literally went off the rails in record speed.
- EXCELLENT food - HORRIBLE servicewearymamaDined on 8/2/2014We had the Roast Beef Dip and the Guac Burger - both with fries. DELICIOUS! Unfortunately, our waiter was inattentive and regularly missing. Empty drinks, slow to welcome, slow to order, etc.
- Upscale bar and grillOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2014We thought the service was outstanding. Maybe they've made changes since previous reviews? Our waiter was attentive, patient, and knew how to time the courses well. We ate indoors, which was nicely decorated and it seemed like the tables were all separated well enough so that the noise level was quite tolerable. The appetizers and dinners were attractive and tasty. I had the fish tacos--maybe would have preferred more blackening and more fish. Others had lobster Mac and cheese, which they enjoyed. One person had the ahi salad. It looked the best of the group.
- LunchCherylDined on 7/18/2014Beautiful restaurant with good service, but average food.Special Features:
- Asian nachos!!CeepVIPDined on 7/3/2014We shared 4 apps including 2 sushi rolls. The sushi tasted like it was old...we couldn't eat it. However, the Asian nachos are terrific as are the meatball garlic knots. Food took forever to come out. Our server said it was because of the sushi ?Special Features:
- great salad selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/20145 of us each ordered a different salad and everyone was pleased with her choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good night outGirlsnightoutDined on 7/2/2014Drinks and dinner with a few of girl friends. Waiter very nice and attentive. The food was good both in size and flavor. The price was right. We had drinks and 2 bottles of a very nice Californian Pinot Griggio ... we stayed for almost 4 hours!! One thing though: Young lady at the door needs training on smiling and being welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceAreyoukiddingmeDined on 6/29/2014Arrived 15 minutes earlier than my party so I thought I'd have a drink at the bar while waiting. I never saw a bartender or waitress and was never able to get drink. No service was offered. When we were seated at the table, the server came over and took our order. He wrote nothing down. Needless to say, the appetizer never came, one of the entrees was incorrect and two of the side orders were wrong. The server never came over to our table to check on us when the food arrived so I had to go find him to get the order corrected. The food was good not good enough to come back and endure the horrendous service.
- Good, solid place to eat.JohnDined on 6/27/2014This is a reliable restaurant to have lunch or dinner. We put it in a similar category to Cherry Creek Grill and Earl's, but food and service are not at the same level a Cherry Creek Grill. It is just across the street from the theatre and makes for a convenient one stop evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014We just had a light supper , so I can't judge full meals. It was a lovely evening on the patio and we were able to enjoy great conversation. I would go back again.Special Features:
- AverageSamIAmDined on 6/13/2014Nothing special about this place. Food is decent, but not memorable. Service was OK. Menu offers a good variety at a reasonable price. I would eat here again, but it is not somewhere I would make it a point to go.Special Features:
- Good food, bad serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014The food was good, except my ribeye was a little fatty. My wife had the lobster macaroni and it was delicious! Our server was terrible. He was not attentive and had no personal interaction. I've had better service at a fast food place. The rest of the staff was friendly and helpful so I think this was just a bad egg versus a widespread problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Hodson'sepalmDined on 6/7/2014We love Hodson's and this visit was no exception. We were there celebrating a special occasion, and as usual, everything was great. I didn't mark kid-friendly, but for certain kids, this place is great. My 4 year old has always done well there, and the staff is great with kids.Special Features:
- ScocoriDined on 5/14/2014The food was just ok and the service was painfully slow and negligiant. The atmosphere was great, but I don't think I'll go back. Too bad. Could have great potential with the location and ambience.Special Features:
- Stick with the menublittletonDined on 5/11/2014We went there for Mother's Day. My son and I had menu items, which were fine. My friend ordered a Caesar salad with grilled chicken, which was not on the menu. They grilled the salad as well, or at least put it under the warmer - it was awful! I wanted to send it back, but my friend decided to tough it out. Stick with the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiancefishloversDined on 5/9/2014My wife had previously dined with friends for lunch and loved it. Our waiter was wonderful and even supplied me with reading glasses as I had forgotten mine. He was very knowledgeable of the wine and food. We started with the crab dish which was so plentiful we could not finish. My wife had the fish tacos and I the Coconut Curry Halibut. Both were delicious. The pricing was right where I expected it to be. Its close to home and we will definitely be returning. It seemed a little noisy but was tolerable.Special Features:
- Nice place for lunchem0seeDined on 5/7/2014Interesting selection of choices on the menu; great place for a business meeting over lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale dining with delicious foodCallie1457Dined on 5/2/2014We saw Hodson's when we were in the area shopping previously, but it was not a meal time. We looked up the menu online and decided to go back next time we were in Denver. I am so glad we did. The food was delicious.! We started with the grilled artichoke which was a fun interactive hands on food. I had the mahi mahi tacos and was full without feeling heavy. My husband had the prime dip, which was also great crunchy bread with a nice au jus. We will definitely be back to try some other menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 384 reviews are from the Hodson's Bar and Grill - Southglenn reviews archive.
- totally enjoyablebugsDined on 4/25/2014Great dinner fabulous service relaxed atmosphere easy for conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014I checked with Open Table for Easter Sunday Brunch in the Highlands Ranch area. Hudson's was the only place that had an available time for brunch of 4 p.m. We were a party of 8. When we arrived, we were told that Easter Sunday Brunch stopped at 3 p.m. We were offered the regular menu. Our food was terrible. My salad was wilted, the sushi awful, and the only good things were the hamburgers and the sweet potato fries. We believed we were served the leftovers from the buffet brunch. I think Open Table mis-lead me by offering the 4 p.m. time with the idea of it being Easter Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- Food was not up to parslimDined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter and were behind a large party so we waited a long time for our food. The server was genuine and apologetic. The food was not the quality you'd expect. Yes they made home made hollandaise, but other breakfast items weren't great.
- Did not enjoy the foodFishyDined on 4/19/2014We ordered spicy tuna rolls and they tasted fishy. I'm guessing the tuna was old. I was excited to have the braised short ribs it was a rib that was dry there was a lot of mashed sweet potatoes I guess to make up for the fact that there was only one small rib. It looked dwarfed on the plate. On a positive not the waiter we had in the bar was nice and the drinks were good. We will not be back to eat at Hudson's south Glenn to bad we like eating at local restaurants before a movie
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2014The service, from initial greeting throughout the table service was just fine; no complaints. While the restaurant setting implies a normal mid-scale experience, in fact the menu is primarily that of a sports bar, with burgers and sandwiches and a very limited true dinner menu. We both ordered filet mignon medium rare (the only steak offered). Mine was delivered well done. The replacement steak was extremely rare, and I just ate it to avoid being a complainer. Accordingly I have little to say about the quality of their kitchen or their menu. We will not go back.
- Very poor serviceKatyVIPDined on 4/15/2014One of the women that I was with ordered something she did not really care for. The waitress did not have a clue how to handle the situation.....she should have taken the plate away immediately and asked if there was anything else she could bring her. Instead, the plate sat at the table until the end. This waitress should have gone to her manager and asked what to do in this situation. The woman did order a small salad and when we got the bill, nothing was comped. We won't return to this restaurant and they do have good food. Sad that the server really wasn't equipped with the skills to handle this situation!
- What Happened?zburgessDined on 4/13/2014My wife and I have been to this restaurant probably 3 times in the past 2 years for special events. This last time was disappointing to say the least. The service was very good, however they have removed many items form there menu that we actually enjoyed. The Restaurant was ice cold! The food was decent but not good enough for the money. We will not be coming back.Special Features:
- CouponDianaDined on 4/5/2014We had a "Unlimited" coupon. It was a buy one meal get the second for free up to 22 dollars. There was five of us and they discounted the lowest meal. A little disappointed. All other eateries we have attended with this coupon gave us the best price.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014I recommend Hodson's for a tasty meal on a date night. The service was speedy and the price was reasonable. The decor is a little austere for my taste. Our two person booth felt crowded because of the high half wall on one side and the narrow table and seat width. But overall, the experience was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014We had a great time with the staff and the food was excellent. I'll recommend the bottomless mimosas.Special Features:
- Excellent FindJohnDined on 3/26/2014Don't be fooled by the shopping center location of this excellent restaurant. The decor is comfortable, the service great, and the food is top notch.Special Features:
- HodsonslynnDined on 3/22/2014The pasta dish and appetizers were very good but the fish tacos were bland. The waiter was so so, did not give much attention to refilling water glasses and took too much time for check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood place-- but noisyFoody33Dined on 3/21/2014Pretty noisy-- not great for a dinner conversation . Much better place for lunch when not as busySpecial Features:
- server of the centurytordyVIPDined on 3/14/2014Olivia, you nailed it, thanks for giving us just the best evening. Hodsons hired a gemSpecial Features:
- 2-StarsBG5280Dined on 2/28/2014We were a party of 4. The apps were the best part of the meal. The artichoke dip and sashimi were nicely prepared. The entrees were so-so, average at best. We ordered the Short Ribs and Filet. The Ribs were super salty and the Filets were under cooked. The meals were served with a strange orange mash potato (we avoided it) - it looked like sweet potatoes. However, it doesn't say that on the menu. For dessert we ordered the Chocolate Mousse and Carrot Cake. Stay away from the carrot cake - dry and disappointing. The Mousse was tasty! As far as the service, the waiter, Joe, was great. He was timely with drinks and refills. Overall, I probably won't go back to the restaurant since there are other places in the neighborhood just as good.Special Features:
- Food and service were wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014Food and service were wonderful but they were having trouble with the heat during our visit and I had to wear my coat all through dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for atmosphere.StutesDined on 2/15/2014Very nice place. Great decor and a pretty big variety of good. Worth going to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeLudlowDined on 2/14/2014We went to Hodson's for Valentine's Day, and ordered the special. The food was excellent with just-right quantities. Our hostess was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu, but, since it was a holiday and the place was crowded, she was a little pushed for time. We've been there previously, and we will go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful!jchodgesDined on 2/14/2014We were seated immediately and the service was great. We ordered a variety of food and drinks and everything was fantastic with no complaints. I also enjoyed the many wine selections that were moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014The food, location, and atmosphere were all great but what really stood out was the service. My husband is both gluten and dairy intolerant - not an easy task for anyone. Our server pointed out options and checked with the chef if she wasn't certain of all the ingredients. We had a wonderful meal with no worries about how he would feel later. We are excited to have a place like this in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always good andjspsVIPDined on 1/20/2014The food is always good and wait staff are friendly and informed.Special Features: