Hodson's Bar and Grill - Denver
999 18th Street Suite 101
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hodson's Bar and Grill - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hodsonsbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (720) 255-3436
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: M-Th 3:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Bryan Meek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hodson's Bar and Grill - Denver
Hodson's is a stylish, upbeat restaurant and bar featuring expertly prepared American fare. Rotisserie cooking is the big draw, featuring roasted chicken and slow roasted prime rib among other favorites. Hodson's also offers an outstanding wine list, local micro-brews and a selection of hand-crafted specialty cocktails. This American contemporary restaurant is ideal for lunch, dinner and cocktails. From the leather booth seating, soft lighting and spectacular bar, every element of the design evokes a classic yet sophisticated setting. Come and sit by the fire pit and enjoy our large patio year round. Our staff is outgoing, knowledgeable and friendly, with a genuine desire to please, and we will always welcome you with a smile. Hodson's provides an atmosphere that encourages you to enjoy, relax and be yourself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hodson's Bar and Grill - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- There were two Christmas partiesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/11/2012There were two Christmas parties going on the night we were there. I don't think the restaurant was appropriately staffed for that level of business. We waited and waited at the host stand; finally I went into the restaurant to find someone. I was told to wait at the host stand; after another few minutes, someone came and seated us. Our server was helpful. Food was fine; I would have the drunken goat pizza again. Wines and drinks seemed overpriced.
- Burger was good, chicken ok,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/9/2012Burger was good, chicken ok, salmon dinner with quinoa was just fair served with canned mandarin oranges, the quinoa was gritty, broccoli with chicken was salty. The restaurant was difficult to find, listed as on 18th St., was actually around the block on 19th in an otherwise uninhabited building. Had to call security, then the restaurant to find entrance!
- They did not have a recordOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/21/2012They did not have a record of our reservation when we arrived. I did not make the reservaton until an hour before we arrived so maybe they did not have it yet?
- Was quite disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012Was quite disappointed with this restaurant. Service was bad, food was good, but not great and the manager socialized with his staff instead of talking with tables. Very poorly operated and badly trained staff.
- This place has great potential.janeeyre96VIPDined on 11/3/2012This place has great potential. The new sleek design is comfortable, the service is good, and the drinks are well priced at Happy Hour. My only dislike was the spicy tuna sushi, the tuna was chopped into a paste, and rather flavorless despite the spicy sauce on it. I think if they worked on their rolls a little more, and expanded the sushi section they would have a great local hang out.Special Features:
- Happy Hour Worthy OnlyAKXYDined on 10/26/2012Food and service was average, more of a bar scene, very loud. I'd come back for happy hour only.Special Features:
- Pretty goodHeartDenverVIPDined on 10/19/2012Good spot. Decent food. Too bad the back windows aren't tinted so you can't see into the dead corporate hallway at night.
- We found that Hodson's wasSatisfiedVIPDined on 10/12/2012We found that Hodson's was more of a bar scene than a restaurant. Even though the name is Hodson's BAR & Grill, we had hoped there would be a separate dining space. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case and the noise from the bar carried thru the whole area. Probably would be good for lunch and after work, but was not the dining experience we prefer.Special Features:
- Outstanding New RestaurantFoodie1VIPDined on 10/9/2012This is a wonderful addition to the downtown dining scene. I've only been here for lunch (3 times) and I've had something different every time and I would order any of those things again plus there are other items on the menu I still want to try! Great menu, great food, great service - what else could you ask for?!Special Features:
- Excellent MealFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/7/2012I went to Hodson's with my mom tonight, and although it was a little difficult to find, it was well worth it! Everyone was very nice and welcoming and the ambiance was warm and inviting. They have a good menu with quite a bit of variety (so much, in fact, that I had a really hard time deciding what to order). My mom ordered the portabella mushroom napolean and I ordered the Prime Dip. We had bites of each other's dishes, and they were both excellent. The meat on my sandwich was melt-in-your mouth delicious. We will definitely be returning soon.
- The Lobster Rissoto was veryOTfunVIPDined on 10/4/2012The Lobster Rissoto was very salty and the lobster a bit mushy. We were there for lunch. I probably should have said something, returned it, etc. My friend took me there and she raved about her food. I didn't want her to think I was disappointed. Her chicken brie sandwich ($16) looked lovely and huge. My lobster Rissoto ($22) looked lovely, but overall I thought it very pricey for lunch. I did eat it all. Meals, hot tea, soda, tax and tip was over $67 for two people.Special Features:
- My Husband and I heard aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2012My Husband and I heard about this place opening up and thought we would give it a try. It is safe to say that we will be back!! The menu has a little something for everyone with sushi, burgers, creative salads, to prime rib. We shared the shrimp bacon avocado roll with the grilled salmon and the Denver meats pizza, it hit the spot!! I would recommend Hodsons to anyone. We will be back for Happy HourSpecial Features: