Hodson's Bar and Grill - Denver
999 18th Street Suite 101
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hodson's Bar and Grill - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hodsonsbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 7202553436
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 3:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mike Bickelhaupt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hodson's Bar and Grill - Denver
Hodson's is a stylish, upbeat restaurant and bar featuring expertly prepared American fare. Rotisserie cooking is the big draw, featuring roasted chicken and slow roasted prime rib among other favorites. Hodson's also offers an outstanding wine list, local micro-brews and a selection of hand-crafted specialty cocktails. This American contemporary restaurant is ideal for lunch, dinner and cocktails. From the leather booth seating, soft lighting and spectacular bar, every element of the design evokes a classic yet sophisticated setting. Come and sit by the fire pit and enjoy our large patio year round. Our staff is outgoing, knowledgeable and friendly, with a genuine desire to please, and we will always welcome you with a smile. Hodson's provides an atmosphere that encourages you to enjoy, relax and be yourself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hodson's Bar and Grill - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Not what I was hoping forBFPhungryVIPDined on 8/25/2014I live in Capitol Hill, and I ran into someone at my local bar who was talking this place up as a great lunch spot. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't good enough to bring me back. The service was slow and mistakes were made (without any price relief on the bill). I don't recommend this place.
- Perfect for business lunchlunchiesDined on 8/22/2014Fast service, good food. Good for business meetingsSpecial Features:
- Food great, service horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/20/2014Three of us all agree the food was very good but we will not be returning because a one hour lunch turned into an hour and 40 minutes and our food took over an hour to get to us. They had one server working the entire back patio and it was a nice day so everyone was outside. People were looking around from table to table because they were shocked at how long it took for the food to arrive. In addition, she didn't have time to deliver the food, let alone top off our water or anything else. It was so bad that we had to walk our check to the hostess stand (which was not man by anybody) to pay our bill. Very sad because the food was really good but it doesn't make up for the poor service.
- Good place for power lunchlunchiesDined on 8/5/2014Great for movers and shakers. Great also for causal eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/11/2014Much too loud to enjoy a dinner. More of a bar atmosphere than a restaurant.
- Decent experienceDrewDined on 6/13/2014The hardest part was finding it and getting in. There is a sign out on front of the building it resides in, but the main entrance was locked, then went to another entrance around the side, also locked. Then we found another entrance and went in and wandered around for a few minutes in this lobby and finally saw a sign for it at the end of the hallway. The atmosphere is mostly bar type with happy hour specials on drinks and apps. The menu was pretty decent, and the food was great. The service was awesome.Special Features:
- Lost some appealhappilydiningVIPDined on 6/11/2014Unfortunately, the food quality and presentation have noticably slipped. My lunch partner had the Ahi Tuna salad which he said was "um, good," but the presentation was not that appealing and I was glad I did not order it as I had first considered. I had the Grilled Shrimp Caesar which I did enjoy, but it was not over-the-top which naturally I hoped it would be. The deep fried brussells sprouts were good, but again they lacked that "amazing" factor which I have found at other restaurants. I hope Hodson's has the ambition to give it that extra push to bring this restauarant back up to the next level and make their diners excited to return.Special Features:
- Great spot; super menubusdev711Dined on 5/15/2014Hodson's is on my list for lunch ... a great place to meet for business development.Special Features:
- Always GoodhappilydiningVIPDined on 5/7/2014The food and service is always very good. I always look forward to going back and trying something new on their menu.Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the Hodson's Bar and Grill - Denver reviews archive.
- FridaySkilleenDined on 4/11/2014Food was vedy tastey. Service was quick - which we worker bees appreciate since we have short lunch breaks.Special Features:
- Slow poke serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/2014The location is SUPER convenient, so I invited colleagues to lunch there even though the food is only so-so. BUT the service was ridiculously slow. It took 15 minutes to get our drinks! Then our server went MIA for 15-20 minutes, so we'd been there 30 minutes before we were able to place an order. The lunch rush was dying down by the time we got our food. Whew!!!Special Features:
- Changed menuaevaccherVIPDined on 3/14/2014We specifically came back to Hodson's for the chicken and waffles... which they had taken off the menu... although it was still listed online. When I complained to the waiter, he said that they were trying to get the online menu changed but hadn't been able to. Very dissapointing. Also, they had taken a number of their other entree selections off the menu leaving sandwiches, pizzas and burgers - great for lunch or happy hour but we won't be back for dinner. Also, my penne pasta lacked flavor... I had to ask for salt and pepper.
- Great food, excellent serviceDateNight5Dined on 3/8/2014We went because I bought a Groupon, but we will go back because it is a great restaurant! We had sushi as an app and I ordered the Fez burger. Everything was outstanding! Our waitress, Sam, was wonderful. She let me sample a couple beers before deciding on one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.BartmanDined on 2/22/2014The food was fantastic. Service was good. My only suggestion would be, please find a different way to present your mashed potatoes. Especially the Peruvian... NOT visually appetizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - excellent service!aevaccherVIPDined on 2/22/2014We enjoyed Hodson's very much. The food was outstanding, the atmosphere comfortable and the service was fantastic! Would highly recommend it and will be going back for the chicken and waffles.Special Features:
- Good food/overpricedtoperaVIPDined on 2/21/2014Two visits in a week. First visit-tv volume was so high it was painful and no chance for a conversation. Second visit only one other table occupied. Food was good but overpriced.
- Great DiscoveryRDCATDined on 2/18/2014Heard about the place but never had opportunity to try it. Through a school coupon I tried it and was pleasantly surprised by this find. Food selections were abundant. My salmon with quinoa was excellent and my friend's cobia (like sea bass) was exotic and tasty. Enjoyed the evening. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Slow service and disappointednothappyDined on 2/14/2014Slow service and disappointed overall. Went in during Valentines and they had ran out of steaks when we went in.
- Unimpressive all aroundsteaklover8Dined on 2/14/2014We dined here for Valentine's Day. Our group was comprised of two couples looking for a last-minute nice meal. We were disappointed. First of all, we were sat next to a table with a screaming child when the restaurant wasn't even half full. Next, the incorrect entree was initially sent to our table and had to be sent back. I ordered the bacon-wrapped filet medium-rare, but it was definitely cooked medium to medium-well. My friends were also disappointed with their entrees, but I can't remember what they ordered. All of this was brought to our server's attention, who wasn't even apologetic and manager was never sent to our table.
- Just OkayTrav06gtDined on 2/14/2014We made a reservation for Valentines day, but based upon how 'not busy' it was, we'd probably not have needed it. I had the Salmon and my wife had a Burger (w/Mushrooms). I also ordered a margarita (which was way too salty and oddly sweet too). My wives burger was pretty good and the Salmon was tasty but was on a really dry bed of quinoa. The only thing going for this restaurant was the service; the meal came quickly, which was good because we had other places to go. If you are looking for a not busy place with just okay food this is your place.Special Features:
- Just a fair dining experiencejimboDined on 1/14/2014We went as a group of six for lunch with the intention of having a work discussion. It was very loud, so we adjusted our game plan to just hang out and have a meal. One of our party ordered mussels, but they had a suspiciously strange texture. We shared this with our server who basically shrugged it off. Those mussels were not removed from the bill. The server was also annoyed that I wanted a refill on my iced tea. Final complaint about our server: he disappeared for a long time, so we had to ask a different server to go find him. On a positive note, my flatbread steak sandwich was good, and the fries were nice and crispy.
- Great Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/12/2014Our new favorite Downtown Restaurant for a quick brunch when we want bottomless mimosa and to watch the game. Great find!Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/24/2013Booked this place for Christmas Eve dinner with my family. Although I expected a little bit better atmosphere, the food more than made up for the disapointment. Note: the atmosphere was not bad, it is more of a bar, than a resturaunt type feel. The menu is diverse, and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, ok atmosphereljm731VIPDined on 12/24/2013We went to Hodson's for Christmas Eve dinner. The food was very good - better than expected. We really enjoyed the variety of the menu and everything was delicious. Only complaint was the loud, ubiquitous tvs with sporting events. I understand that this is a sports bar, but there were only a few people eating in the restaurant and it was Christmas Eve. Seems like the tvs could have been turned off or at least down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good; Service Underwhelming!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013For the most part, the food & atmosphere were good overall, but the service was extremely lacking in promptness & quality (i.e. we waited for nearly an hour for three simple lunch dishes, we received long tea-spoons to use as soup spoon because they were out, we ordered the fish-n-chips special which was thoroughly overcooked, & the waiter ignored our table upon us needing our check to pay due to their slow service).... Again, food was good but I was underwhelmed by the overall experience! Thanks!
- did not have my reservationreddjennyDined on 11/16/2013when i arrived they did not have my reservation through open table, even though i had a confiratmion. They accommodated my family and myself readily though. service was good, food was great. They even gave my 5 year old niece a little icecream as the meal was winding down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their rotissierie chickenluv2dineVIPDined on 11/8/2013Their rotissierie chicken is excellent! Will be back, soon!
- limited gluten free itemsglutenfreefoodieDined on 11/8/2013food was pricey for lunch and the gluten free options were less than I expected since they advertise having gluten free food. service was good.Special Features:
- dissapointedKrisDined on 10/26/2013The restaurant has great ambiance but I was disappointed with the food. We ordered sushi, sides and appetizers. The sushi was dry and chewy. The lettuce wraps lacked flavor. Our server forgot to bring us the chicken corn chowder that we ordered. I did enjoy the sweet potato fries, however. If we ever go back, we will definitely order differently. We arrived at 7:30 on a Saturday night and there were only about 10 other diners in the restaurant. I was surprised by this.Special Features:
- lunchevergreencubVIPDined on 10/18/2013Had a Turkey burger. Wonderful. Fries great too. Margherita pizza was Aldo very good. We been there 10 times. Always is good.Special Features:
- Food and SpaceDenverDined on 10/2/2013The food at Hodson's is very good. Our group was in a space where nobody else was which made it somewhat dreary and undriendly. The bar on the other side was lively and full of people. I wish there was a way to have them together but keep the noise levels down.Special Features:
- next to Ritz CarltonevergreencubVIPDined on 9/19/2013Always love the food here. Chicken corn chowder is a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- customer serviceevergreencubVIPDined on 9/13/2013so the turkey burger was not really liked so they made a burger and even took it off the bill. that is great customer service, manager came out to check on us too. we can walk there. and yes we will be back again. oh and you gotta eat the chicken corn chowder awesome!!!!!Special Features:
- My portabello stacked withJustMyOpinionVIPDined on 9/5/2013My portabello stacked with goat cheese was excellent, but my companion's turkey burger was not good. The table was high, but the bench seat was low. Not a great experience.
- Very DisappointedkelkelDined on 8/28/2013This was the SUPPOSED to be the last meal before my daughter had major surgery and could not eat solid foods for a long time. I picked her up from the hospital after her 13 hour nursing shift and headed to the restaurant. I had made an 8 p.m. reservation. We paid for parking in downtown Denver - close to the restaurant. We got there at 8:03 p.m. only to find out that they STOPPED SERVING FOOD AT 8: P..M. Needless to say, we were very disappointed.
- The food at Hodson's is wonderful!happilydiningVIPDined on 7/24/2013The food at Hodson's is wonderful! I have tried several of their dishes and have never been disappointed. This place is always packed which says a lot in a city with so many restaurants to choose from. I always look forward to going back and trying something new on their menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dininglike2dineDined on 6/21/2013The food was very good and the prices were reasonable. It was fun sitting on the patio. We will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/16/2013We needed a last minute reservation for fathers day brunch before the rockies game. The breakfast was fantastic! Everything we tried was so delicious! The staff was also very friendly and accommodating!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2013We were amazed that this location was so quiet on a Saturday night. The location at Southglenn is always packed but we enjoyed that the restaurant was quiet and we received a lot of attention! We went for my friend's 50th birthday and our server was absolutely amazing and the food was so delicious! We also had the raspberry cheesecake for dessert which was the best cheesecake that any of us have ever had! Definitely will be back!!!!!Special Features:
- Very Pretty but...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2013We came here with a large party on a Saturday night and were very excited to be able to get in at 7 on a weekend night. Our server was great and very attentive-without being overly so-however, the food was barely ok. I'm not sure what restaurants are still buying such poor quality (ground) beef that it can only be cooked Medium-Well or more, but this is actually one of them... And then charging $11 for said burger and $2 if you want cheese on that overdone hockey puck? Eh, not particularly impressive. The pizza and pastas were okay, but nothing to write home about. The chicken and corn chowder needed something to bump up the flavor-a little smoke on the chicken would do wonders! All in all, not terrible, not great by any means.Special Features: