Fargo, ND 58102Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hoteldonaldson.com/
- Phone: (701) 478-8888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: Seating 5pm until 9pm;
Friday & Saturday: Seating 5pm until 10pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Sunday dinner served in the HoDo Lounge)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Wild Game, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Ryan Nitschke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Great spaces do more than function. They inspire great actions and lasting memories. That's the philosophy behind the Hotel Donaldson's meeting rooms and related accommodations. Your personal celebrations or business functions will benefit from our approach to quality food, attentive service and attention to the details of your event. HoDo Restaurant can add as many personal touches as you need. Don't forget, the hotel rooms, restaurant and lounge are all under the same roof and can add another dimension to your retreat or function.
Check out the event spaces and see for yourself. You're sure to find something that will inspire you. Hotel Donaldson has room for you and up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Maranda Tandberg 7014781000x
- Entertainment: Ever-changing restaurant and art gallery. We host and promote the regions visual, culinary, performance and literary arts.
- Special Events: Chefs' personal tasting menus avaialable. Please call 701.478.1000 or visit hoteldonaldson.com. Click on Happenings.
A word from HoDo Restaurant
All are welcome at the HoDo Restaurant, a casual fine-dining establishment where exquisitely creative, delicious cuisine and unparalleled, experienced service intersect. We use locally grown and harvested ingredients, humanely and sustainably-raised whenever possible. The dishes are prepared with raw ingredients; if we can make it here, we’ll make it here. From the house made breads and lavosh that start your meal, to the palate-cleansing sorbet you may enjoy before your entrée, to the hand-crafted desserts that add the finishing touch to your experience, the Hotel Donaldson will always be a memorable addition to your culinary repertoire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
HoDo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fargo ›
HoDo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- HoDo is a gemMMoonVIPDined on 7/1/2014This restaurant has a very modern vibe with great food and very attentive service. I had halibut and it was perfect ly cooked. If I lived in Fargo, it would be my favorite place to dine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantCatLadyDined on 11/27/2013All alone driving cross country and decided to treat myself the night before Thanksgiving. What bliss! The appetizers alone (foie gras and cheese plate complete with descriptive placards) were worth the trip from Boston to Fargo. I had the elk for a main dish and it was perfectly cooked and paired with locally sourced vegetables and greens. The service was exceptional, the presentation sumptuous, and the overall experience divine. Dining alone can sometimes be uncomfortable but they made me feel like a queen. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HODO at the Hoterl DonaldsonJerffreyDined on 10/4/2013Beautifully themed restaurant, blown glass, Eno/Byrne/Shankar inspired atmospheric music, EXCELLENT SERVICE. The food was new to me - elk, bison, duck, angus very palatable for game. Great apps, soups, salad - had one selection from each course and tasting menus are available. Great Cucumber Martinis - just all around very good place overall. Fair prices for a four-diamond establishment. Good cocktails. Give them a try - there'll be SOMETHING you like there! Promise!Special Features:
- An Incredible Dining Experience!DakotaWinerDined on 5/11/2013My wife and I have traveled around the country and have tried many fine establishments, the whole experience at the HoDo Restaurant seems magical now. We live in the Sacramento CA area and were back to celebrate our son's graduation from NDSU. The drink menu included many interesting cocktails and martinis that we couldn’t help but try as we waited for the rest of our party to arrive. The menu had many fine choices, some of the highlights for us were the Duck and the Bison. Desert was lovely. The bill was reasonable! It truly wasone of the best dining experiences we have had, right up there next to the other James Beard nominees and winners we have tried in Omaha NE, Sacramento and Plymouth CA.Special Features:
- Worthwhile indulgenceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2012Expect to spend about $75 for food, drinks, tip, and tax. So budget accordingly. We had appetizers, 1 drink each, sparkling water, and entrees. OK, I got caught off guard with the price. Now having gotten that off my chest, I must say that the experience over-all was excellent. Food was excellent, service was friendly and fantastic. Also, we were repeatedly treated to "nice" surprises all of which are a reflection of an establishment that is committed to excellence. The quality of this establishment deserves no less than 5 stars. If quality, flavor, presentation, and service are important to you, then you certainly get what you pay for. I would highly recommend. Just budget accordingly. I hope to visit again.Special Features:
- in the summer the rooftopAZinNlDined on 8/28/2012in the summer the rooftop is definitely the place to be seated. Food is spectacular. Very eclectic scene. Live music on weekends at the bar.Special Features:
- Excellent food. We did theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012Excellent food. We did the 5 plate sampler which was all chef's choice, and the dishes we were presented with were all tasty and unique. The server had a good suggestion for wine to accompany our food, which also was very delicious. Excellent!Special Features:
- Great service, restaurant and bar.FoodiegoodieDined on 7/3/2012The food was delicious, I love the fingerling potatoes. I had the soup of the day and it was excellent, my friend had Curry Chicken and she loved it. Service was prompt and nice. On the pricier side so if you're looking for something cheap and quick, this may not be the place, it's great for a date night or if you're looking for something more upscale. (bar on the otherside is a lot of fun too!)Special Features:
- What is all the hype aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/4/2011What is all the hype about this place. The bar was slow and boring and no TV to watch a game on Sundays. Maybe they try too hard but the follow through was B at best
- Really enjoyed our dinnerGDubsVIPDined on 11/25/2011Really enjoyed our dinner here. Very nice ambiance -- great art. Food was excellent. Don't ever think that Fargo doesn't have good restaurants because this is definitely one of them!Special Features:
- As always a memorable treatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2011As always a memorable treat for the family. Many fond memories, many more to come.Special Features:
- Downtown FargoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2011Good organic food, the portions were just right and the service was very good.
- Expecting More..OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/10/2011Good wine list. Interesting menu with a nice variety and selection of both unique, local, national foods. After multiple visits to the HoDo, I've found their chef to be inconsistent in their food preparation (mostly with meat/steaks). Otherwise a good experience.
- Good Food - Not a Memorable MealOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/4/2011This place could have a lot of potential. The food was great, but the ambiance and service didn't match up. It was good food, but not necessarily a memorable meal.
- Best Soup EverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2011This isn't the first time I've eaten at the HoDo. I really enjoyed eating dinner here, although you have to be careful about what you order if you don't have a lot of experience trying new things. The lunch menu is the best, especially the soups. They are to die for. Overall, I could eat here everyday but the price of the food, though fair considering it is fresh and local, is kinda high, but worth every penny. Try it today!Special Features:
- Great place for a fine dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2011Great place for a fine dinner. Although we don't go there often, it is a favorite. The food is always excellent with special menu items. Great place to take clients.Special Features:
- This is a place I will visitlike2dineDined on 8/3/2010This is a place I will visit again, very fresh local ingredients and unique dishes that we thoroughly enjoyed. Check this one out I can't see how you could be disappointed.Special Features:
- Went to Hodo to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/30/2010Went to Hodo to celebrate one of my lifetime goals of visiting every US state. North Dakota was my 50th and the meal at Hodo was a great way to celebrate. Great food, nice atmosphere and beautiful restaurant! Many thanks!Special Features:
- Awesome!!!!! I was shockedBttmsupVIPDined on 4/7/2010Awesome!!!!! I was shocked to find a restaurant like HoDo in Fargo! I had the Bison Tenderloin. and we had the cheese experience for an a starter. Everything was local from a tri state area.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant in theDiana2644Dined on 8/22/2009Beautiful restaurant in the hub of the city. Great food and nice staff.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience for myself,tcedine32Dined on 5/15/2009Wonderful experience for myself, husband and daughter. We all had things that were new to us but totally delicious.Special Features: