668 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44114Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hodgescleveland.com/
- Phone: 2167714000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Global, International, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Chris Hodgson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering for 50 to 500.
Food trucks available for your event as well.
- Private Party Facilities: Three seperate spaces for groups as intimate as 12 up to 100
- Private Party Contact: Alyssa Schlegel, Assistant General Manager 2167714000x
A word from Hodge's
Cleveland's own food truck pioneer Chris Hodgson features gourmet classic comfort foods such as deviled eggs made with bacon fat aioli, animal tots, Hodge's wings, shrimp and grits, and roasted chicken. In an upscale yet whimsical atmosphere, Hodge's provides a unique experience by bringing the freshest Ohio ingredients to suit your fancy- including locally sourced organic produce and proteins.Continued
*Patio seating is first available
*Patio seating is first available
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Hodge's - Best Restaurants in Downtown Cleveland ›
Hodge's reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (65)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (27)special occasion (24)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (15)late-night find (13)notable wine list (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- This place is fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014This was the frist time dining at Hodges and I will say what a fabulous meal, time , and can't wait to visit again. The blue crab hushpuppies are awesome. I had fish and chips and the way it is was done was one of a kind. Kudos to the chef on that..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and a great deal!KatieDined on 10/21/2014Hodge's has a 2 for $40 on Tuesday's deal where you can get 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, and a bottle of wine for $40. This deal is amazing! The entrees themselves would have been $25 each without the deal. Then, on top of the savings, everything was delicious. We got the wings (highly recommend) and my husband and I each enjoyed our entrees. The wine was very good even though we knew we wouldnt get a high end bottle. I would go back even on a day other than Tuesday. Everyone was so nice!Special Features:
- Very good!Frank82Dined on 10/16/2014Service was outstanding; waitress brought out grits late into dinner.....it was well worth the wait! Steak and sides (creamed corn) were delicious. Prices were low for downtown dining - will return.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/14/2014Excellent food and drinks, reasonable prices and fabulous service. If this place were located a block over, you would never be able to get in the place.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!FoodieatheartDined on 10/12/2014I really wasn't sure what to expect, but pleasantly surprised by the menu and the food was oustanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome downtown diningLizk2006Dined on 10/10/2014I went to Hodge's before a concert. We had a reservation and were immediately seated. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The food was amazing, especially the blue crab hush puppies! They have awesome cocktails as well, especially Hodge's Punch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwabsDined on 10/9/2014Very trendy decor and friendly staff. Food was very good. Would recommend to others and I would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvitalianfoodLuvitalianfoodVIPDined on 10/8/2014We had a great meal.....we had the baked chicken, scallops and shrimp and grits. Our two kids had chicken fingers and potato taters which were absolutely great. The service was fantastic. This is a great place to go before a baseball or basketball game as it is very close to both.Special Features:
- BobcDined on 10/5/2014Enjoyed the food great service had the shrimp and grits. , yummmmmy great cornbread to will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!TinaDined on 10/4/2014Very nice restaurant with great service, food selection and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - great serviceBetsDined on 10/4/2014Would like about 3 more entree selections - seemed somewhat limited. Love the cornbread!! I had the scallops - delish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Play DinnerCher2shareDined on 10/4/2014Tried Hodges as it's not too far from Playhouse Square. Server did a great job of getting us through our meal in good time to make our play. I had the Hanger Steak and it was very tender with plenty of flavor; so good I'd return just for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very nice patiogooddinerDined on 9/27/2014Dinner was very enjoyable. I had the braised beef which was excellent. Most and extremely tender. Outdoor dining area is very nice. The service was ok. Our appetizer order was incorrect, and was not corrected on the bill even though they were aware of the issue and ended up bringing out the correct order. I ended up deducting the difference from the tip, because I needed to get to our showand did not have time to wait. This was not enough to sour or experience and will be returning next time we are downtown for an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PatiocakkpkDined on 9/27/2014Food always pretty good. We took our kids (9, 11 and 17) and even though it was 5:30 and most tables were open the put us in the corner. Might not have been on purpose but felt like it. Service was good and server was plesant. Scallops and hanger steak are the best on the menu.Special Features:
- DisappointingWe157204Dined on 9/20/2014I'd heard great things about Hodge's and was excited to try it. When we arrived I was surprised to find the restaurant less than halfway filled with customers. It was a prime dinner hour on a Saturday night. Our snack & appetizer were pretty good (Devils on horseback & the goat cheese tart), but our entrees were just so-so. I ordered scallops which came with a corn risotto. The risotto seemed undercooked to the point it was a little crunchy. I also felt like the plate was lacking a third flavor (something green or at least some bacon!). My biggest complaint is that the pacing of the meal was terrible. Each dish came out practically on top of the last. We were in & out in 45 mins! I wanted a dining experience, not a sprint. disappointing.
- DisappointingGraceBKVIPDined on 9/16/2014We were looking for a basic meal. Not fancy just solid ingredients and comforting food. It could have been that it was the $40 special night. First when asked what wine was included the waiter said it wasn't very good. Ok it was table wine. He wasn't very friendly. I think he didn't want us to get the special. Roast chicken was dry and food was very over salted. Hanger steak seemed tenderized to extreme- not nice slices. Oh well $40. But you won't get me back for a regular meal now.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceCath1Dined on 9/14/2014We had burgers and taco's from the food truck at a summer party and the food was great! We were looking forward to trying the restaurant.our experience was not good.out of our table of 6 only 2 people were happy with their meals, and they ordered burgers. Very Disappointing!Special Features:
- lsuoneDined on 9/13/2014Presentation was good, fresh, quality ingredients, but all dishes lacked seasoning and were not delivered to table hot. Warm would be a fit description. That being said, even if food execution was spot on, price point is to high on this mid-level resturant. In addition, the menu cocktails were pricey but very well done and i would overlook the price and will return for more of these. Probably more of a upper end happy hour app/small plate kind of place, instead of a 3 or 4 star type of dinner experience.
- Great Patio & Serviceosumeg303Dined on 9/9/2014Had a great experience before and Indians game - sat on the patio and our server was attentive to our desire to see the opening pitch..she kept everything moving without rushing us. The food was great! Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- It "bugged" usSELBDined on 9/6/2014We decided to eat outside on a beautiful evening. Once the wine and food arrived we were barraged by gnats that swam in the wine and landed on our food. The server was attentive and apologetic but did not offer to move us indoors. The gnats detracted from what otherwise was a pleasant setting with good food. We recommend that Hodges invests in candles and/or torches to do something about the bugs!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014Hodge's always seems to be good but not terrific. The location is convenient to theater and sports venues, and the service is friendly--if not always spot on in its efficiency. Menu could stand some greater variety and updating...especially for gluten free diners. The sweet corn soup was outstanding and flavorful. We keep hoping Hodge's will become a special place instead of just a good choice, but somehow each visit falls a bit short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food ok serviceBuffaloKDined on 9/6/2014Food was good, it was a quick meal with the only course being the main. Steak was cooked medium rare, as ordered and the scallops were cooked perfectly. Sides were good, cornbread was good but a touch dry. The only real complaint I had was the server (not sure if he was new or what) didn't really know or was hesitant to explain the beers on tap and the specials of the day. He didn't have the selections down, nor could he give a good description of what the items were.
- Good start, lousy finishOppressedFoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014Service was good. We ordered a few items off the "snacks" menu - hanky pankies, devils on horseback and deviled eggs - this was the best part of the meal. I highly recommend the deviled eggs and devils on horseback. We then ordered the fried oysters off the appetizer list. We were disappointed as we didn't taste any flavor from the oysters or the slaw (the mustard it was served with was good, though). The wife ordered scallops and I ordered the flank steak, the two recommendations of our server. Wife's scallops were tasteless but appropriately cooked (not under-/over-done). The corn risotto wasn't special either. The flank steak was similarly flavorless. Overall a disappointment, but I would stop in for the "snacks" again.Special Features:
- Not bad.emacalateDined on 8/30/2014Great place to grab drinks, snacks, and apps. Food was pretty bland in my opinion. Would go again for beers, probably not for dinner. There's better restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Great evening of friends/colleaguesJJDDDined on 8/27/2014Restaurant is centrally located to downtown Cleveland hotels, big open spaces, exposed brick, broad foodie menu from wings and burgers to risottos, scallops and hangar steaks. Best urban patio (although Hodge, you should get that walkway light fixed as it's really glary from the tables). Nice selection of draft beer and wines by the glass. Fast and friendly service with a touch: the bar tender, recognizing us from earlier in the night, noticed our wine glasses were getting low just as our server was at another table, and showed up with a full bottle just as we were about to ask for one. Classy and personable. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Nice placeEllaVIPDined on 8/16/2014None of us had been, so we tried it before an Indians game. The food was good but nothing stood out. No complaints either. I don't eat meat and unless I wanted a full dinner there wasn't enouhht to choose from. With so many choices in the area, don't know that I'd rush back.Special Features:
- Nice twist on flavors*staff is flatWinenDineDined on 8/15/2014If this review was based on food alone, the stars would be there, but unfortunately the staff doesn't realize they are the marketing for the overall experience. Staff lacks menu knowledge & knowing how to market the food. With only 5 tables seated inside ....customer service should be very focused. We really wanted to love the meal but without a staff to support tasty & creative bites, a great outside venue.....it will be a hard sell for success in the city that is full of opportunity & amazing food ....your staff is your sales team & if they don't want the product & believe in it, why should the guest? The young man busing tables & the valet were the two most engaged & positive employees....Special Features:
- Amazing Outside PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014One of the best patios in the city and food is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and GritsJustBluesDined on 8/12/2014I had this for lunch and it was one of the best things I have ever tasted in my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice patioPseudonymDined on 8/12/2014The menu has some good variety. The food is pretty conventional, but is good. A large patio with umbrellas is nice for lunch outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodJCReviewDined on 8/10/2014Overall good experience here. Seared scallops were amazing. Two complaints - Flank stake was ordered medium rare and it came medium well and we did order two bottles of wine that they didn't have, but the waitress was professional, service was good and food was really good. The special was all local/organic pasta dish which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless!lrishlass66Dined on 8/9/2014From the service, to the ambiance, to the AMAZING food, everything was flawless :) I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Good Food & ServiceGoodFoodILoveDined on 8/2/2014We went here for our wedding anniversary before we went to an Indians game. Very good food and service was very nice.Special Features:
- Just okDineoutofftenDined on 7/31/2014The outdoor patio was really nice. The band playing was good. Service was pretty good. Food was just ok. Nothing that blew my socks off. The oyster appetizer was tasty but the oyster themselves were really small. My salmon was served over rice with a pineapple chutney. It was tasty but nothing that blew me away. I would go back but only for the outdoor experience.Special Features:
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Food was outstanding. Great app choices followed by fantastic Walleye entree. Will be thinking about deviled eggs and oysters for awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than in the pastSuzieQDined on 7/30/2014The service was better than it used to be, maybe because we dinned outside. Their grilled cheese sandwiches are absolutely wonderful. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Cool Patio & AmbienceLocalGalDined on 7/29/2014While tucked away between two buildings, Hodges Patio dining was fabulous! Cool outside bar too. Food was delish - espcially the scallops and corn risotto with fresh corn off the cob! The chicken wings were meaty and spicy and we loved the dates / bacon. My big city guests from NY, LA and Atlanta LOVED it as did I. And the interior space is worth a look too - This was a recommendation from the concierge at the Hilton Garden inn and I certainly do too!Special Features:
- Overpriced, not greatGemgirlDined on 7/26/2014. $25 for grits?! Crab hush puppies, could not find any crab. Corn chowder was lukewarm with hardly any corn. Salmon was undercooked, overpriced, portion was small. Overall pricing needs to be lowered and more attention paid to food quality and preparation.
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Atmosphere casual and fun--a great place for drinks and appetizers, but main entrees a bit on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialDickyBeeVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our third trip to Hodge's and, while the experience has always been nice, it has never been exceptional. We had the Hanky Pankies appetizer and we do love that. The Cornbread was too sweet for me but my wife liked it. I had the Street Corn Risotto which was good but not great. The beer selection is now just average given the wide range of craft beers that are available elsewhere. Our server was very attentive. We'll probably return but we won't hurry back.