668 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44114Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hodgescleveland.com/
- Phone: 2167714000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Global, International, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Chris Hodgson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering for 50 to 500.
Food trucks available for your event as well.
- Private Party Facilities: Three seperate spaces for groups as intimate as 12 up to 100
A word from Hodge's
Cleveland's own food truck pioneer Chris Hodgson features gourmet classic comfort foods,such as tuna poppers,Hodge's honey ribs,lobster whipped potatoes,and "unfried" chicken. In a upscale yet whimsical atmosphere. Hodge's provides a unique experience by bringing the freshest Ohio ingredients to suit your fancy,including locally sourced organic produce and proteins.Continued
*Patio seating is first available
*Patio seating is first available
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Hodge's - Best Restaurants in Downtown Cleveland ›
Hodge's reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (65)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (24)great for lunch (22)special occasion (18)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (9)romantic (8)notable wine list (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DisappointingGraceBKVIPDined on 9/16/2014We were looking for a basic meal. Not fancy just solid ingredients and comforting food. It could have been that it was the $40 special night. First when asked what wine was included the waiter said it wasn't very good. Ok it was table wine. He wasn't very friendly. I think he didn't want us to get the special. Roast chicken was dry and food was very over salted. Hanger steak seemed tenderized to extreme- not nice slices. Oh well $40. But you won't get me back for a regular meal now.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceCath1Dined on 9/14/2014We had burgers and taco's from the food truck at a summer party and the food was great! We were looking forward to trying the restaurant.our experience was not good.out of our table of 6 only 2 people were happy with their meals, and they ordered burgers. Very Disappointing!Special Features:
- lsuoneDined on 9/13/2014Presentation was good, fresh, quality ingredients, but all dishes lacked seasoning and were not delivered to table hot. Warm would be a fit description. That being said, even if food execution was spot on, price point is to high on this mid-level resturant. In addition, the menu cocktails were pricey but very well done and i would overlook the price and will return for more of these. Probably more of a upper end happy hour app/small plate kind of place, instead of a 3 or 4 star type of dinner experience.
- Great Patio & Serviceosumeg303Dined on 9/9/2014Had a great experience before and Indians game - sat on the patio and our server was attentive to our desire to see the opening pitch..she kept everything moving without rushing us. The food was great! Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- It "bugged" usSELBDined on 9/6/2014We decided to eat outside on a beautiful evening. Once the wine and food arrived we were barraged by gnats that swam in the wine and landed on our food. The server was attentive and apologetic but did not offer to move us indoors. The gnats detracted from what otherwise was a pleasant setting with good food. We recommend that Hodges invests in candles and/or torches to do something about the bugs!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014Hodge's always seems to be good but not terrific. The location is convenient to theater and sports venues, and the service is friendly--if not always spot on in its efficiency. Menu could stand some greater variety and updating...especially for gluten free diners. The sweet corn soup was outstanding and flavorful. We keep hoping Hodge's will become a special place instead of just a good choice, but somehow each visit falls a bit short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food ok serviceBuffaloKDined on 9/6/2014Food was good, it was a quick meal with the only course being the main. Steak was cooked medium rare, as ordered and the scallops were cooked perfectly. Sides were good, cornbread was good but a touch dry. The only real complaint I had was the server (not sure if he was new or what) didn't really know or was hesitant to explain the beers on tap and the specials of the day. He didn't have the selections down, nor could he give a good description of what the items were.
- Good start, lousy finishOppressedFoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014Service was good. We ordered a few items off the "snacks" menu - hanky pankies, devils on horseback and deviled eggs - this was the best part of the meal. I highly recommend the deviled eggs and devils on horseback. We then ordered the fried oysters off the appetizer list. We were disappointed as we didn't taste any flavor from the oysters or the slaw (the mustard it was served with was good, though). The wife ordered scallops and I ordered the flank steak, the two recommendations of our server. Wife's scallops were tasteless but appropriately cooked (not under-/over-done). The corn risotto wasn't special either. The flank steak was similarly flavorless. Overall a disappointment, but I would stop in for the "snacks" again.Special Features:
- Not bad.emacalateDined on 8/30/2014Great place to grab drinks, snacks, and apps. Food was pretty bland in my opinion. Would go again for beers, probably not for dinner. There's better restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Great evening of friends/colleaguesJJDDDined on 8/27/2014Restaurant is centrally located to downtown Cleveland hotels, big open spaces, exposed brick, broad foodie menu from wings and burgers to risottos, scallops and hangar steaks. Best urban patio (although Hodge, you should get that walkway light fixed as it's really glary from the tables). Nice selection of draft beer and wines by the glass. Fast and friendly service with a touch: the bar tender, recognizing us from earlier in the night, noticed our wine glasses were getting low just as our server was at another table, and showed up with a full bottle just as we were about to ask for one. Classy and personable. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Nice placeEllaVIPDined on 8/16/2014None of us had been, so we tried it before an Indians game. The food was good but nothing stood out. No complaints either. I don't eat meat and unless I wanted a full dinner there wasn't enouhht to choose from. With so many choices in the area, don't know that I'd rush back.Special Features:
- Nice twist on flavors*staff is flatWinenDineDined on 8/15/2014If this review was based on food alone, the stars would be there, but unfortunately the staff doesn't realize they are the marketing for the overall experience. Staff lacks menu knowledge & knowing how to market the food. With only 5 tables seated inside ....customer service should be very focused. We really wanted to love the meal but without a staff to support tasty & creative bites, a great outside venue.....it will be a hard sell for success in the city that is full of opportunity & amazing food ....your staff is your sales team & if they don't want the product & believe in it, why should the guest? The young man busing tables & the valet were the two most engaged & positive employees....Special Features:
- Amazing Outside PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014One of the best patios in the city and food is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and GritsJustBluesDined on 8/12/2014I had this for lunch and it was one of the best things I have ever tasted in my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice patioPseudonymDined on 8/12/2014The menu has some good variety. The food is pretty conventional, but is good. A large patio with umbrellas is nice for lunch outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodJCReviewDined on 8/10/2014Overall good experience here. Seared scallops were amazing. Two complaints - Flank stake was ordered medium rare and it came medium well and we did order two bottles of wine that they didn't have, but the waitress was professional, service was good and food was really good. The special was all local/organic pasta dish which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless!lrishlass66Dined on 8/9/2014From the service, to the ambiance, to the AMAZING food, everything was flawless :) I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Good Food & ServiceGoodFoodILoveDined on 8/2/2014We went here for our wedding anniversary before we went to an Indians game. Very good food and service was very nice.Special Features:
- Just okDineoutofftenDined on 7/31/2014The outdoor patio was really nice. The band playing was good. Service was pretty good. Food was just ok. Nothing that blew my socks off. The oyster appetizer was tasty but the oyster themselves were really small. My salmon was served over rice with a pineapple chutney. It was tasty but nothing that blew me away. I would go back but only for the outdoor experience.Special Features:
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Food was outstanding. Great app choices followed by fantastic Walleye entree. Will be thinking about deviled eggs and oysters for awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than in the pastSuzieQDined on 7/30/2014The service was better than it used to be, maybe because we dinned outside. Their grilled cheese sandwiches are absolutely wonderful. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Cool Patio & AmbienceLocalGalDined on 7/29/2014While tucked away between two buildings, Hodges Patio dining was fabulous! Cool outside bar too. Food was delish - espcially the scallops and corn risotto with fresh corn off the cob! The chicken wings were meaty and spicy and we loved the dates / bacon. My big city guests from NY, LA and Atlanta LOVED it as did I. And the interior space is worth a look too - This was a recommendation from the concierge at the Hilton Garden inn and I certainly do too!Special Features:
- Overpriced, not greatGemgirlDined on 7/26/2014. $25 for grits?! Crab hush puppies, could not find any crab. Corn chowder was lukewarm with hardly any corn. Salmon was undercooked, overpriced, portion was small. Overall pricing needs to be lowered and more attention paid to food quality and preparation.
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Atmosphere casual and fun--a great place for drinks and appetizers, but main entrees a bit on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialDickyBeeVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our third trip to Hodge's and, while the experience has always been nice, it has never been exceptional. We had the Hanky Pankies appetizer and we do love that. The Cornbread was too sweet for me but my wife liked it. I had the Street Corn Risotto which was good but not great. The beer selection is now just average given the wide range of craft beers that are available elsewhere. Our server was very attentive. We'll probably return but we won't hurry back.
- Mmmmmfezoj727Dined on 7/25/2014For three of us in our six-person dinner party, it was our first time dining at Hodge's. Really enjoyed everything about it, especially the food & interior of the restaurant. We'll be back & recommending friends & out-of-towners there, to be sure. Thanks for a good, memorable, Cleveland-y experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatGoodnotgreatDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I were pretty over dressed for it, we went for our 5 year anniversary thinking that it was a little more upscale so we had dress clothes on. Did not need them there were people in t-shirts and jeans. The food was excellent, I would absolutely recommend the burger.
- Great experienceJandPFoodiesDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I had read about the chef in a recent issue of Food & Wine. He was voted one of the best chefs in the Great Lakes Region. As it turned out the editors of F&W were spot on! The food, service, and ambience at Hodges were fantastic. We look forward to going back again and again.Special Features:
- Disappointing....AmsirishDined on 7/13/2014Hodge's had a lot of great reviews on another site so I was looking forward to trying it. However, our food was just ok and the service was very slow. We waited almost an hour for our dinners and they were not busy.Special Features:
- Great after a showKenAVIPDined on 7/12/2014Excellent spot for after a show at Hilarities. One of the nicest patios around with a great staff.Special Features:
- Great Lunch time spot!DaiyneyDined on 7/11/2014Hodge's is a great place to catch a bite to eat with your co-workers, family or friends. The menu is simple yet tasty and the atmosphere and decor of the restaurant is modern yet comfortable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We had a party of 11 on Friday, wings under-cooked, hush puppies overbooked, dinners nothing special. We could have gotten better food at Applebee's.
- Good Food, Service not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2014Nice food presentation and flavor (wings and burgers were great). We came to to Hodges around 4p with a group of 5 work colleagues - restaurant was empty, so first guy got a table. When I arrived I asked for any happy hour specials (there were quite a few) but they were only available at the bar so we decided to sit at the bar and watch the soccer match. Staff was not so friendly after that point, almost as if they were upset we made them set up the table initially. The restaurant was empty, they could have extended the happy hour special to us there!
- Liked it😊OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We had great food, great service and a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paradinerDined on 6/11/2014Loved the food and service - very attentive. Beverage service was awesome as my friend's soda was refilled about 4 times without asking ever, even after we paid. Seating was great along the wall in a comfortable banquette. Only raised eyebrow was at the hard edged music which was a bit loud for lunch conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining downtownNYCvisitVIPDined on 6/9/2014We dined outside at Hodges on a rather slow Monday night. The restaurant patio and bar could do with some more attractive landscaping to make this venue 'pop.' Our server was efficient and friendly and represented this restaurant well. Our selections included an appetizer smörgåsbord which presented a delicious variety of sausages, cheese and pickled vegetables. Dining options were presented nicely, but most were priced in the high $20's which seemed high for the type of offerings, and not comparable to the price or quality of other downtown restaurants. All items ordered were tasty and creatively prepared, except for the standard menu walleye, which didn't have a tremendous amount of flavor in preparation.
- New favorite restaurantLiza2010Dined on 6/7/2014This is my new favorite restaurant in Cleveland! My husband and I went here to celebrate our anniversary and the service was great! We sat on the patio and our server was the bartender at the outside bar. He was very attentive and recommended his favorite meal and even had a special drink that he created for the night. The food was fabulous and we got a free dessert for celebrating our anniversary. It was a nice surprise after a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful eveningTheDinersDined on 6/7/2014It was a perfect evening for dining outside. We asked for substitutions to please our non-spicy palates and were accommodated on every level and with great aplomb! Thanks for a very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Tasty!pezalloDined on 6/7/2014The goat cheese tartlette was smooth and creamy, and the animal tots is a dish worth coming back for! The shrimp and grits and the burger were big hits at our table, but the scallops weren't worth the price. I was disappointed they were out of the handpies. The chocolate chip cookie skillet was nothing special. The service, however, was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Not Worth PriceanonymousDined on 6/5/2014The food was good. The restaurant was nearly empty and the menu was very limited. Overall the whole experience wasn't worth the price. ($50 for two for dinner, and $10 for valet outside)