HOBNOB Neighborhood Tavern
1551 Piedmont Ave
Atlanta, GA 30324Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
HOBNOB Neighborhood Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hobnobatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4049682288x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Brett Ring
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On-site and outside catering is available with our extensive menu. Please send us your event info on our web page and we'll take care of the rest. Business or social your event will be a success.
- Private Party Facilities: Sections of the restaurant can be booked for parties.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Mason 4049682288x
A word from HOBNOB Neighborhood Tavern
HOBNOB features a full bar, high gravity beers and fabulous food in the heart of Ansley ParkContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
HOBNOB Neighborhood Tavern - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
HOBNOB Neighborhood Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (9)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (5)scenic view (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great for BrunchKilbyVIPDined on 10/19/2014Loved the bottomless mimosa and the acoustic music on Sunday around 1 pm. The food also hit the spot. Only hesitation is that portion where somewhat small and I wish they had a bigger brunch menu.Special Features:
- This is a Tavern?!AlphaLeagueVIPDined on 10/5/2014I will admit that when I think of neighborhood tavern the first thing that comes to mind is burgers, fries, and beer. Don't get me wrong...Hobnob is that BUT so much more! Their menu is more eclectic than I would have ever thought and the service was second to none. I would recommend this little tavern tucked away in Ansley Park to anyone. Come for a late night drink, for some good eats, or to listen to the DJ on Sunday night and dance the night away. I know I will again!Special Features:
- Great!AshFoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2014The food at Hobnob is always outstanding and service too. I live so by so I come here often. I highly recommend the wings and the beers they pair with the foods!Special Features:
- HobnobOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This was a return visit, and I just wanted to single out the grilled salmon that I had as being flavorful without being too much of anything, and the texture of the fish was just melt-in-your-mouth. Also, as on all my visits there, the service is consistently attentive and discerning without being intrusive -- a rare combination these days that speaks highly of their training and the people they hire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Server was the differenceTheGeneralVIPDined on 8/6/2014Our server made for a nice visit as he was friendly and helpful. Hobnob is just bar food but a little better I guess... Let's say Bar Food "+" . . . They are on iDine and Open Table and that is the reason we stopped in...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find!Angelaluvsgr8foodVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great place for casual dining that stands above just grabbing a nondescript bite of food. Typical bar look with great food and outdoor seating that provides a view of the park. Complimentary valet parking is a plus. Friendly service as well.Special Features:
- Good FoodUKKUDined on 7/10/2014The food here is good. This is a great place to go late in the evening after you have been out and just want to have a nice relaxing meal. The menu is rather unique with a good selection of things that everyone in your party will find delicious.Special Features:
- Great spot for cocktailsSGKATLVIPDined on 6/27/2014The food was delicious and the service was great! Best of all was the housemade cucumber infused vodka with watermelon purée. Our server recommended it and it's one of the best cocktails I've had in a long time...very refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 164 reviews are from the HOBNOB Neighborhood Tavern reviews archive.
- Solid/EnjoyableResurgensDined on 6/20/2014Nice spot for a relaxed dinner or lunch. Good atmosphere and excellent food. Service was a little iffy at times but overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceluvdatenightDined on 6/2/2014This is a great neighborhood spot! I can see where the parking would be a problem on a busy night but that would not keep us from going back. I like the idea of date night and the menu. We will go back to Hobnob as our experience was pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Took Mom to HobNob for Mother's Day brunch. Made the mistake of requesting a 12pm reservation which meant a 30 minute wait for a bloody mary (that was my fault). The service was great, very attentive & even surprised Mom with a red rose for the occasion! This visit didn't get 5 stars because of the complementary valet service. When it was time to leave there was a line and only 2 valets retrieving cars. The valets seemed a bit disorganized, trying to locate cars and deal with getting people out of the lot while others were pulling in. Our car was parked in the lot (we were 20 feet away from it), but we were told we had to wait for the valet to pull the car out of the parking spot for us. Although, as Mom said, "you get what you pay for."Special Features:
- Great meal. Awesome ServiceJNOWDined on 5/2/2014We were at an event at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and then went to HobNob for dinner. I originally made Open Table Reservations for the wrong date as a mistake. However the wonderful manager, Paul, was still able to accommodate us and personally checked on us several times, even encouraging me to remake the reservation for points. The food was fantastic, the service was great. For a bar type place - the wine and beer list was impressive. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 6OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/22/2014Waiter was very accommodating with my family which included 3 kids. Liked the outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchFredDined on 4/20/2014The service was great. The food was okay but a bit disappointing. Shrimp and grits were just okay. The Hangover was nice but were surprised to see it served with "store bought packaged" potatoes which tasted of freezer burn.
- From the moment we walkedBoogeDined on 3/22/2014From the moment we walked in (greeted by manager, Larissa) it was a fantastic evening. Very attentive staff--all of them. Wait staff, even the ones not assigned to our table asked if there was anything needed. We had a very delightful waitress named Rebecca, who had a pretty full section but never missed a beat--food although mostly what some would call "bar food" with a twist, was presented quickly and perfectly--wine and beer parings suggested through out the night--they just never left anything to chance but were never pushy--all in all a great evening. Plan on many more evenings on their patio !Special Features:
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Really enjoyed the food. Waitress Beth was awesome.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceRustyDined on 3/15/2014In town from Los Angeles, CA, I was very disappointed in the service received from our server. (African-American male with dreadlocks) We sat down and were given a menu. From the start it seemed like the server was throwing daggers at us with his eyes. He was strange. He was slow in his service and most importantly downright rude. We were able to hear how the other servers interacted with their guests at other tables. We were hoping our server would go on a break or something so we could get a new server, but that didn't happen. The food was good, but I would not reccomend this place unless you enjoy being treated rudely.Special Features:
- First Time HereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014I met a friend here because I had passed by several times and wanted to see what it was like. Plus they had outdoor seating which is what I wanted. The food was pretty good but our waiter seemed to be bothered because we were not in a hurry to order. We ordered drinks and an appetizer. Then it took us Forever to get him to come back to the table to take our dinner order. He did do a good job of explaining some of the dishes and giving recommendations. But when we had additional friends show up later on, he was more than a little irritated by the addition of more people. Then he talked about losing his wallet that had $200 in it as we were getting ready to leave. Not Cool. I would go back but NOT sit in his section again.Special Features:
- fun and funkyspj1968Dined on 3/5/2014We loved this place, and the location is great, too. The best shrimp and grits that we've every had. The beer menu is large and varied. We'll keep this one on our list of go-to places for when we visit the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun weeknight activitieTcairlDined on 2/25/2014We hit this place before a movie on a Tuesday and it was also trivia night. The food was great, I had the lamb burger which was cooked perfectly and my partner had the short-rib pot roast, so tender and yummy. The ambiance is great and energetic, and they have a long beer and wine list.Special Features:
- I made this reservation afterAlexDined on 2/22/2014I made this reservation after our original plans for the night had gone out the window. I was looking for something that didn't have an unreasonable reservation time on a Saturday evening, and this worked out well both for it's timing and it's location. My party of four and I arrived at 8pm, but were told that our reservation would likely be another 20-30 minutes after that. I understood, as it was a reservation that had been made a half hour earlier, but the hostess' delivery of the message kind of sucked. Our sever though more than made up for the bad initial impression. The food and drinks were quite good for a nice casual evening out. I would say that if you can handle the hostess at the door, this is a place totally worth checking out.Special Features:
- AsesomeAlfredoDined on 12/20/2013Love this place. I live near by and I am here often. The staff is just so wonderful, the drinks are amazing and the food is really good, not your tipical bar food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual neighborhood jointJSF22VIPDined on 12/1/2013Nothing fancy, but a major cut above typical bar food. Always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - Every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/29/2013We live in the neighborhood and frequent often. Always a good meal! Great team that works here from the manager to all the servers......fun place - we really like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good Beer, Good Times!JOSHVIPDined on 11/1/2013Great beer selection and delicious food makes this a great choice when you're in the Piedmont Park area. My wife and I had friends in town, and all of us enjoyed the laid-back atmosphere, attentive staff and menu with a plethora of tasty options. Between the four of us, we ordered a quarter of the menu over three hours and didn't find a dish that disappointed. Don't miss out on the soft pretzel with cheese dip as an appetizer, and their battered chicken tenders (which I typically consider a kid's meal) are similar to a great fish & chips dish. Simply put, Hobnob is a great neighborhood joint to enjoy drinks with friends and have a great meal to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BingoGoodcookVIPDined on 10/30/2013Met friend at halfway point between Buckhead and E. Atlanta. To our surprise, we were there for bingo night which was great fun. Good bar food and great casual atmosphere along with excellent service makes this a favorite.Special Features:
- Fabulous FridayJMANDERSON675Dined on 10/25/2013We were greated and seated right away. We started with the fried green tomatoes which were out of this world. The manager stopped by our table introduced himself which made us feel very welcomed. I had the lamb burger which was AWESOME!! My husband had the fish sandwich it was a huge portion that had a great fresh flavor not "fishy". We ended the perfect evening with the fresh Peach cobbler topped with Ice Cream. All we can say is AMAZING!!! We are already making plans to return and try brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never dissappointsQuincyDined on 10/19/2013Hob nob is the best! I have never been dissappointed in the three times I have eaten at this restaurant. The food is always cooked to perfection and the restaurant in all just has a nice vibe with friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, good locationatlfoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2013I really like the location since it is closeby and we can walk there. There is great outdoor seating which is perfect for cool autumn days. The food is great. They had a rib special for dinner which was tasty. I would def recommend trying this place! Extensive beer menuSpecial Features:
- Perfect Short Rib TacosMaddoggDined on 9/26/2013A real find. Everyone in our party of 6 sampled a cross-section of the very diverse menu and raved about every single dish. Our server Cassie's recommendations were spot on -- and we had some discerning wine drinkers in the group. Ideally located for an evening in the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, which was our next stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food. large beeratlfoodieVIPDined on 9/8/2013very good food. large beer selection. i love walking here for a meal and enjoy the outdoor seatingSpecial Features:
- FriendlyWhateverDined on 8/27/2013They have done their best with the patio but it's hard to ignore the busy intersection of Piedmont and Monroe. Waitstaff consistently friendly, food decent but not remarkable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and locationatlfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2013great outdoor patio area. lots of beer options and the food is deliciousSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2013Been to Hobnob several times prior to this visit.....food was not good. Service was OK. Not sure what happened to them, this night... but the food was not good and the ScoutMob special... avoid.Special Features:
- Delish and great atmosphereAshFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2013My friends and I celebrated a birthday here friday, and the food, drinks and patio were perfect.Special Features:
- Good food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2013Only reason this isn't 5 stars all around is something they really can't do anything about hut nevertheless was kind of annoying, and that's the road noise from the (very nearby) roads. Waiter was great and food was delicious, fun for our 2-kid and 2-adult family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hobnob before a concerttuckerdawgDined on 6/28/2013This is a really good place to grab a bite to eat and a couple drinks before catching a concert at the Botanical Gardens. It's just maybe a mile down the road. The free valet parking is nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was extrememlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2013Our waiter was extrememly patient and accommodating when our daughter had an allergic reaction on the patio and moved us to an inside table with no problems at all. We really appreciated your flexibility!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot!AndyDined on 5/8/2013Even when you don't live in the neighborhood! I used to live at the border of midtown and buckhead, and would frequently eat at Hobnob. It has been quite a while since I have been by so I went with my family recently. We had the pretzels w/ beer cheese dip which were great. The side salad came with a maple bacon beer vinaigrette which was delicious. The burgers are always a good choice here, although the rest of their menu is great as well. If you haven't been here yet, go! And if you have been, keep going. The hustle and bustle of Piedmont and Monroe is also a nice backdrop if you are used to eating inside restaurants in the suburbs.Special Features:
- Went there for brunch on Sunday.UFEliseDined on 4/28/2013Went there for brunch on Sunday. The food, service, and overall experience was great. I would suggest more parking options as while they do offer valet, we had no cash to tip and unfortunately ended up parking in the wrong area, our car booted, and we were forced to pay $75 to get it undone.Special Features: