HK's Steakhouse - The Lodge of Four Seasons
315 Four Seasons Drive
Lake Ozark, MO 65049Neighborhood:
Lake of the Ozarks
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
HK's Steakhouse - The Lodge of Four Seasons
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.4seasonsresort.com/dining_hks.php
- Phone: 8008435253x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Wine Tasting: Saturday: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jon Quint
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are able to handle private parties up to 45 guests. Please call to book your event with us.
- Special Events: Seafood & Prime Rib Feast every Friday starting May 23rd through Labor Day Weekend.
Selections to include: lobster, shrimp, oysters, seafood pasta salad, summer salads, carved prime rib, & delectable desserts.
Adults $39.95, Children 6-12 $14.95, 5 & under Free.
Does not include tax and gratuity.
Reservations highly recommended.
A word from HK's Steakhouse - The Lodge of Four Seasons
Join us daily @ 5pm in HK's, located off the lobby in The Lodge of Four Seasons overlooking both the Lake and our famous Japanese Gardens. Named after Harold Koplar, the resort's founder, HK's is a complete celebration for the senses. Featuring the area's best steaks, and complimentary valet parking for HK's guests, a casual dining experience with something for everyone. Our quality ingredients and unique ambiance are a tribute to the culinary reputation that is HK's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
HK's Steakhouse - The Lodge of Four Seasons - Best Restaurants in Lake of the Ozarks ›
HK's Steakhouse - The Lodge of Four Seasons reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (8)scenic view (6)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- JFF81JFF81Dined on 8/17/2014Very good all around. Crab cakes were firm no filler. Salads were crisp with ample dressing and. Both Had scallops which were very good. Service was prompt and attentive but not over the top.Special Features:
- Awesome Staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We had a wonderful experience at HK's. Our waiter Kevin was amazing, dinner at this restaurant was the highlight of our vacation.Special Features:
- A throwback to an earlier time.KoGo714Dined on 7/13/2014My wife and I wanted to get away for a few days and the Lodge of the Four Seasons was only a few hours away. We both had steaks which were properly prepared if a little over seasoned. It was curious that nearly all of the entrees were served the same; with mashed potatoes and green beans. There were other options to order a la carte but no substitutions were allowed regardless of our willingness to pay an up charge. The wine list was underwhelming and our server didn't really know anything about any of them. The best part was that it was very much the kind of place that you could have gone to 30 years ago and you would still recognize it now. Pricey for the quality/ service but a fun one time thing.
- HK Anniversary DinnerJoneseaDined on 7/12/2014We had a great experience at HK's. We were welcomed by a very nice hostess who wished us happy anniversary and given a very nice table with a view (I had requested). Our server, Kevin was attentive and appropriately interactive. We had the best meal we have had at the lake in the 15 years we have been here. I had the small filet topped with blue cheese and my wife had scallops.....both delicious. They weren't very busy which we thought was a bit unusual for a Saturday night. If you go by boat, be prepared for a workout climbing the stairs to the Lodge. We should have called the front desk for a golf cart ride!! All in all a great experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSandytoes1983Dined on 7/12/2014Servers were excellent. Remembered our special request without being asked. Food was very good as well as presentation. We ate there 3times during our stay and the staff was always eager to provide excellent service, Kevin T. Had remarkable customer service skills and deserves to be commended. Thank you enjoyed our stay at the resort and the dining facilities available there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedloveboxersDined on 7/4/2014Had to ask for a server. Had to ask for a wine list (even after being seated by the manager). Presumptuous about the wine. Drinks took literally over 5 minutes to get to our table. Saw our appetizer circle around the restaurant before making it to our table. No "thank you for dining with us" from server OR manager (who was at host stand upon our exit). Very disappointed. The good: the food was pretty good. The seafood and prime rib buffet was a great price for what you got. The server was not terrible. She was pleasant. Maybe our expectations were too high, but we will not be returning.
- Not what expecteddissapointedDined on 7/3/2014Prices were expected as it is a steak house. Food was okay but the food took forever to come to the table. We watched people get up and leave after ordering and their food never came out.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014Steak were not cooked correctly. Hardly saw the server. No refills on drinks. Not pleased at all.
- Disappointing eveningSamRDined on 7/3/2014My in-laws, my husband and I dined here on July 3rd for my mother-in-law's birthday. Appetizer and salads were good (bread was not- very hard) as was my father-in-law's salmon and MIL's ribs. I had pappardelle- pasta was gummy, and husband's scallops were very overdone. We weren't offered dessert or coffee at all; our cheque was brought immediately after dinner plates were cleared. We'd been recommended HK's as one of the best restaurants in the area, but food and service didn't live up to expectations at all. (And the valets lost our car keys to boot- though they were eventually located.)
- Not up to the expect standardsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/27/2014Billed as a high end restaurant. The room and setting were very nice. We had a very nice young man as a server. However, he was a college student who didn't have enough time on the job to be serving in this restaurant. The food was fair at best. The price was high so from a value standpoint it was not a good deal.
- Usually topnotch but not this timeEatnlocalDined on 5/31/2014We've eaten here several times, it's usually very good, but not this time. The staff was politely as usual however we felt rushed to order and pay. We had to ask for bread and butter while it was readily brought to the table next to us, not a big deal. The food came out green beans were not thoroughly cooked and very small (5) green beans portion, by itself no big deal. The waitress brought the check didn't ask if we wanted dessert had to ask for the menu, asked for coffee with dessert it was forgot until half way through. Several small this added up to be kind of disappointing, we will eat there again may have been an off night. Steaks are very good normally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all aroundJimboFRDined on 5/24/2014Food was all prepared to our liking. We had a party of 11 which included 2 children. They accommodated all of us. Crab cake appetizer was fantastic for adults. Long time tradition of huge onion rings were fantastic for children and adults. Very quite relaxing setting. Ask for a table along the window on the side of the restaraunt facing the lake to enjoy the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great WeekendRemarkableDined on 5/11/2014My first visit to the Lodge of the Four Seasons was in 1968 attending a business conference. In the 80's we spent many weekends at Tan-Tara & moved to a Lakeview residence in 2012- we invited our non-resident adult children for Mother's Day; in view we have two dogs & noticed Tan-Tara does not accept pets, I reserved rooms at the Lodge of the Four Seasons. For some unexplained reason, as local residents we never travel to the north side of the lake. Our stay at the Lodge was excellent: professional, good humored & courteous staff--we are occasional visitors to NYC & London ..the Lodge in my opinion is a 5-star experience in both service and facilities. I have no acceptable excuse for my failure to visit the Lodge more frequently. My bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014We had a splendid dinner. Our server was very friendly, engaging, honest and professional. The meal was a home run! From the wine selection to the signature Onion Ring appetizer to our perfectly cooked Filet Mingon and capped with a decadent brownie dessert...Our experience was nothing short of amazing for dinner! I look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 131 reviews are from the HK's Steakhouse - The Lodge of Four Seasons reviews archive.
- The Wait staff was great!Mcraig1104Dined on 4/12/2014Very please with the service Angie gave us, never felt like she was rushing we got to take our time ... Giving us perfect service and great pointers with the menu and drink menu! Very knowledgeable with the Menu. She was also great with helping us check out the next day at the front desk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallPaulDined on 4/6/2014While the food was good, serving size was not in proportion with the price. I ordered salmon and that was very tasty, but to only get about a dozen green beans, and nothing else was disappointing. Not a full rounded, balanced meal. I had to order a starch on the side that cost me an additional $6.00. For the price of the salmon meal, I would have expected a balanced meal.Special Features:
- Older resortTonyDined on 3/29/2014We arrived about 30 minutes early and we were seated immediately which was nice. We did not have to spend extra time in the bar. I had a whiskey Manhattan and my wife had a Gin gimlet. The cocktails were just OK. I had the salmon, very good seasoning and was not overcooked. My wife order the Turkey Breast and it also was very good. We had a very good table at a window with a terrific view.Special Features:
- Great Romantic DinnerweekendersDined on 3/15/2014We were very impressed with our dining experience at HK's. We requested a window table that overlooked the Japanese Garden - it was lit at night and a beautiful view. There was a couple playing live music, singing and acoustic guitar - quiet ballads and classic soft songs that were a perfect backdrop. Service was impeccable - just the right amount of attention, but not too much. I could see the waitress approaching the table just as my husband presented me with a small gift box. I was going to wait to open it until she left, but she caught sight and just turned around - returning a few minutes later. I loved that attention to detail and consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant located in resortMackVIPDined on 3/4/2014Restaurant located in resort property. Food preparation and service always excellent. Sometimes difficult to obtain reservations depending on time of year. Always a pleasure to be able to dine at this restaurant, even when not staying on property. Their turkey steak is famous and an excellent alternative from other meat and seafood offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our anniv. dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2014We enjoyed our anniv. dinner. Thought you should have options for entree sides.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, slow serviceBabymoon2014Dined on 2/15/2014My husband and I ate at HK's two evenings in a row on a weekend getaway to Lodge of the Four Seasons. Both evenings, the food was great. Everything tasted fantastic; I would recommend HK's to the foodies out there. However, the service was extremely slow even when the restaurant was fairly empty. Be prepared to ask for what you want (a box, another glass of wine, etc.), and even after asking it may take a while. The first evening, my husband's second glass of wine never arrived at all, which the staff finally realized as we were finishing dessert. However, the great food and romantic ambience did compensate for the service, and we would certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix fixe menu of lobsterMackVIPDined on 2/14/2014Prix fixe menu of lobster and fillet. Appitizer, salad, entre and desert were prepared perfectly. Large Valentine's Day crowd handled well. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodjnjnDined on 2/14/2014the food was great. went for valintines day. had the special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014Yet again, the food and service was amazing. This time I tried the pork chop and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimeLynneDined on 1/1/2014The restaurant offered a very enjoyable experience - pretty place, great food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSherieGDined on 11/23/2013We stayed at the Lodge of the Four Seasons this weekend and had a wonderful dinner, the filet I had was perfectly cooked and mouth watering and my husband had the pancetta wrapped scallops which were really delicious as well. The service was top notch and the atmosphere was great. I would recommend dining here even if you weren't staying at the Lodge as a Guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013Food and service were very good. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencewiner52Dined on 10/19/2013Not going to lie...I was a bit nervous about our reservation after reading a number of reviews that were quite negative, especially regarding the service. From beginning to end, the service was outstanding. Our server, Samantha, was attentive without being overbearing. The steak was delicious! Veggies were a bit over salted, but it didn't slow me down! Overall, on the pricey side, but perfect for a special evening. Really liked the fact that it was quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best breadYesitsmeannaVIPDined on 9/30/2013The bread and butter are awesome. We had fish and chips and per ogives. Both were very good. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!jeffsylDined on 8/31/2013My family dined there both evenings of our visit. We enjoyed everything we tasted. A family of five, there were several dishes on the table and they were all wonderful. The servers were attentive and made our dining experience enjoyable. My husband and I had a wonderful time at the wine tasting too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely awfulpennyDined on 8/30/2013We have tried so hard to enjoy the Lodge of the Four Seasons, only to resign ourselves to never returning due to the horrible food service throughout the resort, including at HKs. The service is not just bad- it is practically non existent. They are completely understaffed and poorly managed. They need to fire everyone involved in running the restaurant and kitchen and start over. And I really, really want to like the place, because I went as a kid when it was the Toledo Room and the resort itself is really ok.
- HK'S is just OKSpireaPointGangDined on 8/9/2013It pretty much was the way most people descried it. It was our wedding anniversary so we made reservations for window table. The hostess did not acknowledge nor did she honor it. Instead she said we have a table up above that'll be fine. I looked and there were 4 window table that remained vacant during our entire time there. Why no bread with your meal. The mahi mahi was cold and the whole buffet was just okay. Potato's were raw. I just expected a little better for $120 for two. Bentley's, Baxter's, Blue Heron would all be better choice's. The best part of the whole meal was the two friendly cooks at lobster and prime rib bar. GET A NEW HOSTESS!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were guests of the resortJOMODined on 7/19/2013We were guests of the resort for the weekend and went to HK's on a Friday evening. We had to wait a long time for our server to come to our table after we were seated. Once we overcame that, the service was better. We enjoyed the seafood buffet and prime rib buffet. It was very good, worth the money, but not exceptional.Special Features:
- We had a very nice time. WeBobbyDined on 7/19/2013We had a very nice time. We had not stayed at the Lodge in 25 years. The Sea food buffet on Fridaynight, is enough to want us to return in the fall. Bob Needham 636 675 4698Special Features:
- Food was very good but ifHungry23Dined on 7/4/2013Food was very good but if your hungry your not going to eat anything quickly. Not quite as bad as the parrot bar by the pool.Special Features:
- The wait staff was extremelybc3hasDined on 7/3/2013The wait staff was extremely friendly and attentive to our dining needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FoodShayneDined on 6/15/2013I ordered steak well done it was messed up and had to be redone before i even seen it and when the second one came to the table there was blood running out this is also a hour after we ordered so i was not about to send it back just was a bad experience for the price of our meal we had way higher expectations that what we seen.Special Features:
- Tastefullovinit3Dined on 6/14/2013We found the food to be very tasteful and plentiful. Everything about this restaurant was great! The food, the service, the people and especially the ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem at the Lodge of Four Seasons!msm93VIPDined on 6/14/2013The Friday night seafood and prime rib buffet was excellent, and the service was outstanding! Well worth the extra expense. Check out the wine list also. Very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2013we come to this restaurant every June and this year the service was poor. My wife's food had to go back once because it came out wrong and then the waiter said we did not order it without cheese. For one I heard my wife say no cheese, but to have the waiter call her a liar was horrible..maybe they should start to write the order down. The second time her food came out it was undercooked. Not a great time and not sure I would go back next year.Special Features: