Hito Japanese Restaurant
26 East Main Street
Mount Kisco, NY 10549Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Hito Japanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://asianhito.com/
- Phone: 9142418488
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am -2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday 11:30am - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Hito Japanese Restaurant
Our mission is to provide you with the most tantalizing Japanese cuisine available in an atmosphere that captures the true cultural character of Japan. We hope that after dining with us, you will leave with lasting memories of our crafty culinary teams, as well as the wonderful aromas and flavors that came from our tables. As you can see, it is our never-ending goal to bring the finest and most authentic Japanese cuisine available to Mt Kisco.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hito Japanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- "Paradise"matineemomVIPDined on 7/8/2014The Paradise roll is my favorite. Always great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Hito Japanese Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great sushi placeymcebsVIPDined on 4/3/2014One of the better places in Westchaster for sushi and cooked food. Service is attentive and prices are moderate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will give it another chanceNewYorkerVIPDined on 2/18/2014We ate at Hito when it first opened and loved it. We were disappointed on our second visit. The presentation is extraordinary. It's artful and authentic. The place strives for authenticity. I'm not a fan of fried food or chopped spicy fish, and most of the special rolls contained these ingredients. The seared white tune appetizer was excellent, but skimpy and expensive. My son loved his Dragon roll. My husband and I found the other sushi to be good, but not excellent. The fish was fresh and tasty, but the cuts were not generous and the prices a bit above other places in the area. The atmosphere and attentiveness do make the slight price difference worth it, but I like more generous portions. We will try it again and sample the hot dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Japanese and Asian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Expansive menu with many selections to please everyone, the service was excellent and the food was artfully presented and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiDiningproVIPDined on 11/2/2013Chef's specialty rolls are world class. Our favorites rolls are the Angry Dragon and Tiger and the Beef Negimaki as an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service...DanielDined on 10/24/2013Food was good. Had Hito special which included 2 salmon, tuna, and yellowtail pieces of sushi as well as a chef special roll. Chef special roll was the best part of the dish. The roll consisted of crab, cream cheese, and avocado with spicy salmon on top. The sushi was fresh. But, the pieces were a little warmer than I would have liked (not so warm as to all it bad). I have been once before and the food was better (would have rated it as a very good). If they can get back on par with that and maintain consistency this place would be a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Japanese in Mount KiscodurpeeDined on 10/11/2013I have been to Hito about a dozen time, and have always been very pleased with the food and service. The only "weird" thing is that on a Friday and Saturday night, I am always able to get a table. Please spread the word about this excellent restaurant, as it's located in an area on Main St. that has a high business turnover rate :( I highly recommend their fried calamari, sushi rolls and sashimi. Next time, I am going to try the Chilean sea bass - moderately priced at about $24! Another plus point is the fact they have an "all-you-can-drink" menu. I will definitely be inviting my coworkers for happy hour there :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good, fresh sushiLarryDined on 10/11/2013The best part of the experience was the sushi. Everything was fresh and tasty. The prices were reasonable (no sushi is cheap) and the special rolls were innovative.oSpecial Features:
- Decent food, but nothing extraordinLMBADined on 9/21/2013Decent food, but nothing extraordinary. Service was friendly but a little 'meek', and more reactive than active. We went early 5:30pm/6pm as we have a baby and a young child. Restaurant only had one or two other tables arrive whilst we were there so hard to tell what the ambiance would be at peak dining hours. We did not try any sushi/sashimi, only the cooked noodle/rice dishes.Special Features: