Historic Revere Tavern
3063 Lincoln Hwy East
Paradise, PA 17562Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Historic Revere Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reveretavern.com/
- Phone: (717) 687-8601
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm / Lunch (Seasonal): Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Tavern Lounge: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday 4:30pm - Midnight, Sunday 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Historic Revere Tavern
Our historic tavern, built in 1740, houses four warm and distinctive dining rooms, with 7 working fireplaces throughout. Come enjoy our fantastic food, our relaxing atmosphere, and the very best Lancaster County has to offer!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Historic Revere Tavern - Best Restaurants in Paradise ›
Historic Revere Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (53)neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (19)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wonderful dinnerlgdg71VIPDined on 11/22/2014We've been eating near the main line and Philly for so long, we have forgotten the times when you used to get salad and rolls with your dinner, which the Revere Tavern still does. I had the Filet Mignon which was cooked perfectly and my husband had the salmon. Everything was very good and our server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/20/2014This was our second time at Historic Revere Tavern and it didn't disappoint! The menu is varied and everyone in our party of four ordered something different. All the food was delicious. When ordering dessert (you must), we asked if it could be split into two for sharing with our respective spouses. No problem. We also asked to sit by one of the working fireplaces. again, no problem. Very accommodating, good service, great food. What a dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks, MichelleBobGVIPDined on 11/20/2014We have eaten at the Revere Tavern several times in the past when we visited Lancaster and, including last Thursday evening, we have never been disappointed. Everyone is very efficient, pleasant and helpful. The ambiance is very relaxing and the food is a very good value. My wife had the small fillet which was excellent as were my crab cakes and the fingerling potatoes are always delicious. We especially want to express our gratitude to Michelle our server, who was very diligent in assuring that my wife was safe due to her very severe seafood allergy. Michelle went beyond the norm and was very pleasant and a delight to talk to. The young lady filling water glasses and clearing plates was also very accommodating and always smiling projecting a warm welcome. We recommend the Revere Tavern and will return when we are next in Lancaster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dinner Gem in the Land of PA DutchVickiZeeDined on 11/19/2014We had reservations for dinner. Table was ready on time and we got the table by the double gas fireplace (very realistic logs) Split the appetizer special (portobello mushroom with crab imperial) Perfect for two. We each had filet mignon. Cooked as ordered and VERY tender. Nice dinner salad as well. Fresh vegetables of the day were mixed squash. The ONLY drawback is NO baked potatoes here. Mashed, fingerling or fries. We stayed in the adjacent Best Western so the restaurant is only a short walk down the driveway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revere TavernNurse1975Dined on 11/15/2014This was a wonderful restaurant that I had passed many times and had just not stopped. Food was wonderful. Service was impeccable. They even had a cake ready for me for my daughter's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Welcome Change from SmorgasbordsRockbins1Dined on 11/14/2014We recently enjoyed a delicious dinner in Lancaster in celebration of my Mom's 90th birthday. Our group tried the filet mignon (tender and flavorful), crab cakes (tasty with very little filler), and seafood pasta (an abundance of crab, shrimp, and scallops) and all were well-prepared and nicely seasoned. The dining room's stone fireplace offered an inviting ambiance and our server, Michelle, was personable and attentive. If there was one "downside," it was the limited options on the wine list which was heavily dominated by the mass producers. Of course, only a "wine snob" such as myself would readily notice but, overall, the Historic Revere Tavern was a welcome change in its focus on quality rather than quantity -- something hard to find in a town known for its smorgasbords and buffets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantMarkDined on 11/13/2014The Revere is the only place we frequent for dinner when we visit the area because it features the absolute best food. The historic inn has a very romantic atmosphere with a cozy fire and is beautifully decorated. We highly recommend the Revere Tavern for an excellent. The prices we found to be reasonable also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revere the RevereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Great food, service and atmosphere at the Revere as always! Better then any buffet.Special Features:
- Very Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The Food was very good, loved the crab cake. We had two kids along their children's menu was also very good, although the burger was a bit large for a 6 year old. The room we were in was a bit noisy at times, I am guessing because of the amount of people and the size of the room. My husband would have preferred a table that was not in the middle and felt the server and water person were unfriendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatFoodie4sureDined on 11/7/2014The food was top quality and the service was exceptional. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food and service were excellent. We had a nice table by the fireplace.
- outstandingtop10yrDined on 11/1/2014The food was awesome and our server Nicole was warm..friendly and looked out for our dining experience. Would go back again as long as we can have Nicole as our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceTFisherDined on 11/1/2014We had a group at the Revere for 7 p.m. dinner on a Saturday. The ambiance was cozy, especially with the fireplace burning. The staff was attentive. The ladies loved their steaks & pastas. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable! Excellent service!ShorebirdsDined on 10/31/2014Revere Tavern was recommended to us by a friend who had recently dined there. We wanted a special place to have dinner with our friends of more than 30 years. It was the perfect night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodThe2dinersDined on 10/31/2014Excellent food and service. Nice environment depending on which room you are in. We were in the King George room which was all open and less private. Will ask to be in another room next time. Love the historic aspect of the restaurant. Was a nice place to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fine DiningS0rmpjmfDined on 10/30/2014Excellent fine dining restaurant with exquisite ambiance that takes you back in time. The architecture of the historical building adds to your dining pleasure. The food is mouth watering, especially the special of the day...pumpkin ravioli. The hostess may have been a bit reserved, but the server was extremely delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnLovesHistoryJohnLovesHistoryDined on 10/26/2014Great historic place. Great food, service and price. Will return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb FoodshopfunDined on 10/25/2014I have eaten at the Revere Tavern many times and have never been disappointed. They have a good variety on their menu and the food is excellent. I highly recommend the crab cakes, veal parm and and salmon. The dessert menu has something for everyone. Recommend that you make a reservation otherwise the dinner wait will be long.Special Features:
- It was a nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We were expecting a little more of an intimate experience - our light wasn't even lit on the table. It was my husband's birthday and I had written that in the on-line reservation and even mentioned it to our server, but nothing was even said to him. Other than those small items, it was very good and we would come again for a special occasion. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- loved the tavernjamesbond006Dined on 10/25/2014the building was beautifully restored, loved the fireplaces, the bar and wait staff were very friendly and seemed to enjoy their work. nice to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great choicefoodandfunDined on 10/24/2014Comfortable. Affordable and excellent food. Clean romantic atmosphere but great for for friends and families as well. Porabella mushroom with crab meat was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute decisionHughbeedoobeeVIPDined on 10/24/2014On a weekend trip to Lancaster we were trying to decide where to have dinner. Decided on Revere Tavern since we had dined there in the past and had been pleased. We were not disappointed this time either. Service was very good and food was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We love the place & food. As a graduate of William& Mary reminds me of my college days.Special Features:
- AnalystfiletismineDined on 10/18/2014Easy reservations and seated promptly. Attentive and very efficient server . Excellent menu with daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealitzpatti2uDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant has great food in a warm and inviting atmosphere. There are fireplaces in every room, and even though they weren't on when we were there this time, the ambiance is cozy and romantic. The noise level was a bit higher this visit, but not too much to hold a pleasant conversation. Overall, a perfect special occasion spot or just a great place to get a delicious meal!Special Features:
- charliDined on 10/17/2014food and atmosphere were excellent. service as very good; friendly and helpful wait staff It was a birthday celebration and turned out to be a very special evening. The historic tavern made for a lovely place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair food and slow serviceJeanandrichDined on 10/17/2014Our group was disappointed with our overall experience. The food was only fair and the service slow - we do't mind leisurely but three hours was a little much. Plus, the kitchen forgot? to prepare the entree for one of our party, which didn't help the mood. We suggested to our B&B hosts that they consider not recommending this restaurant.
- First wedding anniversary dinnerjamesDined on 10/12/2014We were happy with the Revere Tavern. The history is amazing and the food was good. The wait staff was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great FindexcellentVIPDined on 10/11/2014We visited this restaurant by finding it on open table. It was great. We just wished we knew it was BYOB. It also has an outside patio that is lit up at night, so if it is warm outside that is a nice feature. Will definitely revisit. Our waitress Summer could not have been more nice or accommodating.Special Features:
- Great food in Historical SettingZamboniKidDined on 10/10/2014Excellent food in a historic building. Love the exposed stone wall in the dining room. Menu had several items that appealed to me. Decided on prime rib & my companion had salmon. Both of us enjoyed our meals very much. Dessert was very good as well. Coffee was especially good. May sound insignificant, but I've had some bad coffee in nice restaurants before. Highly recommend the Revere Tavern. We will definitely return the next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love historic building and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Nice to eat at a historic tavern that is well maintained, quiet and delicious food at an affordable price. Love the opportunity to keep handsome beer glass as a souvenir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodpafoodieDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I ate at Revere Tavern on a Sat. night (Sept. 2014) while staying in the Lancaster area. Our two entrees were the filet and scallops. I can honestly say both were excellent. I also ordered the french onion soup which is one of the best I've ever tasted. I would definitely go back when in the area again.Special Features:
- Nice findDisappointedSallyDined on 9/26/2014Being in Lancaster with a group of friends to play USTA tennis, we were looking for a place to relax and have quiet conversation and good food. The restaurant is very nicely appointed and both food service and food were good. The only complaint was that several dishes were not hot. Even though a dish has good flavor, it it looses it's appeal when the dish is lukewarm.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningPittsburghCoupleDined on 9/26/2014We very much enjoyed our annual visit to your restaurant. I booked our reservation 5 months in advance and we were anticipating the experience all of that time. The Stephen Foster dining room is our favorite and that's where we were seated. The food was excellent, as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grammy3Dined on 9/22/2014We had a wonderful experience. The food the service and the setting were great.. Prices very reasonable.. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomersjdtrinkDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I have come to the Best Western Revere Inn for years. We love walking from the hotel right down to the Restaurant. The atmosphere is great and the staff is very attentive. We've never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014An excellent spot for classic entrees with a modern twist. The historic ambiance is emphasized and well done. Service is excellent with very amiable and well informed staff. Pacing of meal was excellent for our leisurely evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuestJoanDined on 9/15/2014The restaurant was beautiful, historical and quaint, and our dining experience was wonderful as far as the food itself and atmosphere were concerned. However, because we were served so slowly, with at least 4 other parties seated after us being served there food, we were a bit disenchanted. Didn't ruin the evening, but wasn't as nice as it should have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014Our server Melissa C rushed us from the beginning. We were trying to enjoy our cocktail before dinner. she approached the table three times trying to get our order. Upon ordering, while eating our salad out comes our dinner. We have never had this type of server at the Revere in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECTACULARAlioopDined on 9/6/2014Absolutely wonderful the food the service the atmosphere we just loved it! and the next time we visit Lancaster County we will be back! our waitress Jean was the best ! so very attentive, great personality, cant say enough....Thank you!!!Special Features: