Hiroshi Eurasion Tapas
500 Ala Moana Blvd Restaurant Row
Honolulu, HI 96813Neighborhood:
EurasianPrice: $31 to $50
Hiroshi Eurasion Tapas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dkrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 8085334476x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Eurasian
- Executive Chef: John Iha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer pupu style, family style, grazing stations and individually plated menus. In addition, we are flexible and able to create custom menus for your event. On the more elegant end of the spectrum, we offer a mouth-watering and beautifully plated 6-course dinner including dessert for as little as $59 per person.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryle Furuya 8085334476x
A word from Hiroshi Eurasion Tapas
Hiroshi Eurasion Tapas offers unique and complete dining experience with a menu that features some of the very best, locally-grown ingredients available. The fusion of contemporary Japanese cuisine along with European and Mediterranean influence brings layers of flavor to the menu items.Continued
Best Oahu Restaurants (#2 on the list)
Zagat 28/30 food
Ilima Award “Critics Choice” 2011, 2012 & 2013
Honolulu Star Advertiser
Best Oahu Restaurants (#2 on the list)
Zagat 28/30 food
Ilima Award “Critics Choice” 2011, 2012 & 2013
Honolulu Star Advertiser
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Hiroshi Eurasion Tapas - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Hiroshi Eurasion Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (25)romantic (20)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceWilkongkDined on 9/24/2014Great place to eat! Awesome service, food and atmosphere. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Tasty tapasLoverofFoodDined on 9/20/2014We went here for our 10th anniversary. We had the kampachi, butterfish, and foie gras sushi for appetizers, all very tasty and very good. The short rib main course was just average, but the sides were interesting, including black rice. We really enjoyed our meal and it was a wonderful anniversary! Thanks Hiroshi's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PpawsDined on 9/14/2014My friends and I enjoy the Locavore menus on Sundays and Mondays. The food is always excellent and the staff friendly and accomadating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great service but food is not that great. If you're going to have a tapa restaurant, you should have more selections of tapas in your menu. The selections are more like sushi instead of tapas.
- I thought it was greatDM808Dined on 9/6/2014Had the foie gras sushi and the veal cheeks.. Also had a martini and it was perfect! The service is beyond 5 stars! I'd definitely go back and recommend this place to others.Special Features:
- TrainingDissatisfiedVIPDined on 8/24/2014Waiter should learn to put the wine bucket on the corner of the table instead of in the middle of the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlohahondaDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful evening celebrating a birthday. Perfect table location so could go outside to calm down the infant when she got fussy. Kids menu great for grandson. Was the perfect size for even a senior. Service was great - made our party if 5 adults and 2 kids feel at home. Definaty the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent small bitesTlkauiVIPDined on 8/15/2014I don't know if I'll ever get an entree here because the tapas are so good. This was my first time and I'll definitely be back. Our server was great - friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes. The dishes she recommended were delicious. My favorites were the spicy ahi and potstickers. This would be a fun place for a group and I was surprised that it wasn't more busy on a Friday night. If the main dishes are as good as the appies, I'll be happy to give them a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Spot for two!TouchdownDinnerDined on 8/13/2014Took my Fiance for a nice quiet dinner for her Birthday and was her hero! She really enjoyed the ambiance and the food! We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- PerfectjackVIPDined on 8/11/2014Food, Service, Wine.... Everyithing Five Star level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining with local flairuye1Dined on 8/11/2014We both enjoyed the local menu, with one of us also getting the wine pairings. Food and service was enjoyable, and we really liked munching on the puffed rice treats! The 3-course, plus dessert, local menu features local ingredients, and we enjoyed the starter carpaccio and the crispy kampachi courses the best...although the lychee, lychee, lychee dessert was a perfect end to the meal.Special Features:
- One of the best yet!MindofachefDined on 8/10/2014Me and wife had walked by this gem and thought it looked amazing. We got a reservation for out anniversary and came in early, we were seated immediately. Service was prompt and great. We had the August Local four course meal. amazing! I will recommend this place to anyone. The meal was amazing and brilliant and the price was even better. We will be coming back.Special Features:
- HinarinVIPDined on 8/5/2014We visited Hiroshi to celebrate my birthday. All foods are tasty with nice presentation. If you like seefood, Hiroshi is one of the best places to each in Honolulu. Thank you for your complimentary dessert for my birthday. We will return.Special Features:
- do not miss kaisekichriskkDined on 7/27/2014This has become our go-to restaurant to bring out-of-town guests. However, a bunch of us in-towners try not to miss Hiroshi's kaiseki events -- maybe up to 4 times a year -- because the food is always deliciously clever and the wine pairing always expands our drinking horizons. The kaiseki on July 27 was no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional servicehuluDined on 7/23/2014Memorable experience..great food, exceptional service, good music, cf pinot awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in HNL + Chuck FuruyaW9andD9Dined on 6/23/2014My wife and I are real foodies. If the food's great we don't mind paying for it. We consistently go to the top restaurants in Honolulu and at some point during our meal (especially when the bill arrives) we almost always say to one another,"we should have gone to Hiroshi's." The food is the best and far more reasonable than the other premium restaurants in town. Additionally Chuck Furuya is a old fashioned restranteur, visiting tables, charming the guests, not to mention he's a Master Sommolier. Great wine list.Special Features:
- Excellence in everything!CASizzlaDined on 6/21/2014Hiroshi's was a great place to take my friends for a large dinner for a special occasion. They accommodated all 12 of us and made sure we had a great dinner and experience. They staff was really friendly and they checked up on us often and made sure we were enjoying ourselves. I really appreciate the extra work they put in for such a large group (i.e. separating checks, putting up with our ruckus, etc.). They food was especially tasty. I ordered the crispy skin kampachi. Not really a fan of fish soups, but this one was delicious. My friends' dinners looked really good, too. Thank you to the staff at Hiroshi's for making part of my friend's bachelor party night a great experience! Everyone should check this place out, especially for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulHonoluluEaterDined on 6/20/2014Hiroshi is an excellent restaurant, with unusual seafood tapas and large plates and the best wine selection in the city. Not for folks who want the same old dishes. We ordered oodles of noodles as one pupu (tapa) and didn't like it as much as everything else we've ever had there, and it was still quite good. Food is great, one of our choices wasn't perfect this time. Last night there was quiet live guitar music. Very nice and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude serverBeautifulviewDined on 6/18/2014The server was new and being trained. The server was forgetful, which didn't bother me because she was new. The trainer kept interrupting her and was overall annoying. He even reprimanded us for not letting him know we wanted separate checks. It was written down when I made the reservation on open table. Wouldn't come back based on the arrogant & annoying service.
- Fantastic Dining Experience!Love2travelDined on 6/9/2014We discovered this restaurant via Yelp and all the positive rave reviews were spot on. This gem that is tucked away in the corner of Restaurant Row near downtown Honolulu was a surprise find. Good choices of tapas (appetizer dishes) to choose from...we ordered four of which the butterfish (melt-in-your-mouth delicious) and lobster pasta (unique dark noodles with creamy sauce) were our favorites. My wife had the pre-fixe menu, available on Sundays & Mondays, and the items were equally scrumptious...kumpachi sushi, shrimp salad (wow!), fish n' chips (surprisingly light!), and yummy tiramisu. Share the two meals...best way to sample everything. Our waitress Gabby was most attentive, as was the other waitstaff. Will come again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favoriteV123VIPDined on 6/7/2014Chuck is priceless. He has great and uncommon wines. The tapas are elegant and delicious. We love that we always fine a great bottle and fabulous dishes to pair the wines. We wish they were open lunch and Sundays too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the Hiroshi Eurasion Tapas reviews archive.
- KarenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014The food was excellent, I dined there 2 nights in a row.Special Features:
- A food experienceObi1VIPDined on 5/26/2014Went there in Honolulu and was very pleasantly surprised. We were there with one of my sons and we were the only people there. Apparently on Memorial day there is lantern lighting ceremony at 8 so the crowd was there earlier. So we had very attentive service and all the food was unique and excellent like caesar salad with the freshest baby romaine served with a mousse caesar dressing on the side with toppings in spoons of parmesan, red pepper and rice cracker croutons. Had some other good dishes like great seared tuna, scallops and bacon wrapped shrimp.Special Features:
- Great for small bitesEastHNLFoodieVIPDined on 5/18/2014We love the food here. Eurasian tapas with the freshest ingredients, all put together in a sophisticated and elegant manner. Everyone in our party of 7 raved about the food. And the wines were reasonable and complemented the food so well. It was a memorable anniversary celebration!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/15/2014We were so looking forward to this as we love tapas! The food was mediocre. Flavors were just ordinary. And I guess the other thing that was bad was that the hot tapas were only moderately warm when they came to the table. The wait staff was friendly, but never around. And thought they could've known the menu better when we asked for recommendations.
- bad experiencebad1stexperienceDined on 5/13/2014Food overly priced. Too noisy. Food portion was very small and did not taste good.
- DisappointingPetesReviewDined on 5/11/2014To be placed in the overflow room after making reservations well in advance was shoddy. We have dined at Horoshis since the restaurant opened but will think twice before returning. What made the experience particularly bad was that there was ample room for our party in the main dining area. We could have sat there instead of the back room. We will definitely share our experience with friends to warn them that Hiroshi's is not party friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceHamakuaTXDined on 5/9/2014I was amazed at how quickly the kitchen prepared our dishes. We ate tapas style but the table quickly filled with delicious plates like an avalanche of great food!Special Features:
- nice twists on tradional foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2014Caesar lettuce wraps were my fave. Desserts are special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KphjrVIPDined on 5/3/2014Nice to go somewhere new where the food menu items are unique. Delicious tapas and great service.Special Features:
- Service UnmatchedJoleenDined on 4/25/2014Our first interaction with the hostess started our night off on the right foot. Reservation was made with the special request for the best table for "date night". I wasnt counting on that request being honored or acknowledged, but we were pleasantly surprised when our hostess gave us an option of where to sit without us asking upon arrival. Also, she had no reservations about inquiring about the occasion of our "date night", even as a same sex couple. Her smile and welcoming attitude was refreshing. Our waiter was equally personable and friendly, which made the experience more memorable. To top it off, their swordish specialty was delicious and has changed our preconceptions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingcookieNekeDined on 4/4/2014your staff was professional, cordial, and personable. we enjoy and return to places like Hiroshi and would certainly recommend this as one fine restaurant. (it was a belated birthday celebration, which was mentioned to the gentle-man-of-a waiter, and he saw to it that the restaurant staff was made aware of it.....awesome!) we will definitely be returning....and soon. with much aloha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The evening began with a welcomingBigeatersDined on 3/30/2014The evening began with a welcoming greeting from the beautiful hostess Ashley. A great start. The staff was very attentive and our server was very informative. We tried the tako with squid ink risotto special. I actually do not care for octopus, but that dish was so wonderful! Too bad that dish is not on the regular menu. Other highlights were the foie gras sushi, kampachi and butterfish. Actually we were happy with all our tapas and entrees. Our entire experience was extremely enjoyable and we look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service...JC46Dined on 3/29/2014We love this place! One of our most gavorite restraunts on the island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I belatedlyMaryDined on 3/27/2014My husband and I belatedly celebrated my birthday here. We ordered a bottle of wine and several selections from the specials and tapas menu. Everything tasted superb, presentation was beautiful, and the service was friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Wine choices w/ Tapa platesV123VIPDined on 3/26/2014Sushi & Tapa dishes are very good paired with outstanding wine choices. Some... you can't get anywhere else except here. Lucky if you can catch the owner and get a few recommendations. He is a very good wine master!I would recommend this to a friend.
- feels datedloves2eatDined on 3/24/2014Firstly food was ok, wine was great however decor and ambience really needs some work. Feels dated not a hit restaurant for this day and age.
- First Timerm9z1Dined on 3/22/2014Being it was my 1st time I was very impressed. Our waiter Gio, was excellent. The food was delicious. The wine list blew my mind with the vast selections. I will surely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent. Recommend the ButterfishArtGeekDined on 3/19/2014The Butter Fish Tapas was excellent. Some of the best fish I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Across the Boardnumber1fishDined on 3/14/2014My party literally enjoyed all of the food. The Hamachi Sushi appetizer was very, very good. We appreciated the complimentary octopus which everyone at the table devoured. My date really Enjoys the tapas format as she has several favorites on the menu, including the lobster. My Onaga in Brown Butter was an exceptional fish dish, particularly when compared to some of the other high end restaurants that serve fish. Moreover it was very reasonably priced. The Pinot wine suggested by the waiter was excellent as I ordered two bottles. Wines can be pricey but this one was a good value. The panini cotta dessert was light and just the right ending for a five-star meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.