1308 Jackson St
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiro88.com/
- Phone: 4029335168
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Milton Yin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do offer off-site catering. We need at least 24 hours notice. A delivery fee of $15.00 applies as well as a minimum of 15 entrees (for delivery). For groups of smaller size, arrangements can be made for the order to be picked up. All dishes from Chinese to Sushi platters are available for catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining area seats up to 26 diners. We have an 80" projection screen. All other audio visual equipment must be provided by the customer. The room has separate climate, lighting, and audio controls to create the perfect ambiance for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Charles Yin 4029335168
- Cross Street: 13th & Jackson
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Being slightly off of the main streets of the Old Market, parking is more accessible than in our surrounding areas. We have a good amount of metered parking in front of our building as well as a lot 2 blocks to the west of our locale. Weekday parking is typically not an issue. We do suggest allowing additional time during weekends to acquire parking.
A word from Hiro 88
Hiro 88 is an up-scale Pan-Asian restaurant in Omaha"s Old Market. Serving some of Omaha's best sushi along with award winning Chinese food we have something for everyone's palate. We offer an extensive selection of sake, wine, beer and liquor. We can accommodate up to 26 diners in our private room and have experience with events ranging from rehearsal dinners to pharmaceutical presentations. In addition to our dining room and lounge we also have two large patios. Both Patios have full dinner and drink service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Hiro 88 reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)good for groups (17)special occasion (17)hot spot (14)romantic (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Have been to this restaurant before, and have never had anything less than a great dining experience, thus why I decided to choose here for my birthday dinner this year. The food always tastes perfect with plenty of options to choose from, and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here on Friday night. We were seated right away which was nice because there were several large groups there. Our waitress was amazing and made some suggestions on drinks. The pink elephant was an amazing drink for my wife. She gave us good suggestions on which sushi rolls we had to try, which we took her word on. They did not disappoint. We ordered 5 rolls and loved all of them. If you like good sushi you will like this place. Great ambiance, great service, and some really good sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014Was not impressed with much here. Dirty menus, chipped plates and weak drinks. Food was so-so but the service was good. Not going back anytime soon.
- Always Great!HuskerBrownVIPDined on 9/27/2014You can't go wrong at Hiro 88. They have great menu with something for everyone, even if you don't like Sushi. Great atmosphere and above all, top notch service.Special Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 9/21/2014We enjoy Hiro 88, My wife is actually beginning to eat sushi, her Fav though is the sea bass and salmon dinners. Always friendlySpecial Features:
- Dinner before concertPMfromTXDined on 9/5/2014We had dinner reservations for two. At the last minute we had two family members that were going to join us and Hiro was very accommodating. As always the food was excellent. However the service was disappointing. They clearly did not have enough help for the evening. I know they were aware of the event that night due to the sign they posted on the door that stated happy hour would not be available due to the event. Not sure I understood why they could not offer happy hour just because of the concert. My four star rating is largely due to the great food. The avocado egg rolls are wonderful; I highly recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good servicefoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2014It's been a long time since I've eaten at Hiro 88 so this was a treat. The food was very good as well as the service. Hope to be back soon!Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Got seated quickly. Had good service until we finished eating. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!MnC12Dined on 7/23/2014Had the waitress recommend sushi rolls and two of them rank up there with the best we've ever had. Also had Szechwan Scallops and again, amazing! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Food was very good. Fast service, and our waiter, Zach, was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From NY to OmahaNiqzDined on 7/12/2014I'm from out of state, took my boyfriend here for his birthday. I'm not a big fan of sushi, but he is so I tried some rolls with him and the server also gave suggestions as well. The first roll I tried was the Caterpillar Roll....not a fan of eel lol other than that it was great, then I tried a roll with tuna and tempura shrimp, sorry forgot the name of it, was delicious if not for that tuna! The main meal I had was Asparagus chicken which was good and he had chicken and broccoli, go figure right...anywho loved the location of the restaurant made it easy to bar hop and visit other places in the area. Great server, good food, good recommendation. Yay Hiro88, NY approves :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiFoodloveDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I ALWAYS go to Hiro 88 when we have a craving for good sushi, it's the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 167 reviews are from the Hiro 88 reviews archive.
- Favorite sushi spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I just wanted to say we love Hiro 88 and I had made reservations for a party of 6 birthday dinner Saturday night for my husband. We had 4 "non-sushi" people in our group (including 2 children) so I was nervous but they loved the variety of stir-fry available and we got them hooked on some of the rolls after trying them!!!! The restaurant is beautiful, the seating was awesome, and our waiter Phillip went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed. In fact, when my husband and I return I want to request his service area! We are newer to Sushi also but have discovered a love for it and my husband is addicted to your crispy garlic beef! Thanks again and please tell Phillip we enjoyed having him serve us. Stacy McIlnaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner, great serviceBanana87Dined on 6/14/2014The food a Hiro 88 was very tasty, as usual. My husband and I shared a couple small plates, and then a giant sushi and sashimi platter. While the prices are a bit steep, the sushi was very good, so the prices were worth the tasty tuna! The best part was our server. Kyle was fantastic, especially because at one point I spilled soy sauce everywhere, and Kyle was right there to clean it up. He was speedy, and offered suggestions. We'll definitely go back,Special Features:
- Get together friendlynorushDined on 6/13/2014We were a group of 7 and took forever to even decide on drinks because we were talking so much, our server did not rush us, food and drinks were served in a spaced out manner and we all really enjoyed our time out!Special Features:
- Truly EnjoyableRosaPanamaDined on 6/9/2014We went for dinner to celebrate a couple family birthdays. The food was delicious, from the fish dishes to the ribs, and cooked perfectly. Our server Silas was attentive and thorough, yet not overbearing. Overall, we had a wonderful evening and highly recommend Hiro.Special Features:
- Great sushi placeTAA11Dined on 5/31/2014The sushi here is very good, they have a great happy hour. This location has a nice unique look to it and is a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls' Night at HiroomahafoodieDined on 5/30/2014My friend and I had a great meal at Hiro on Friday evening. We dined outside and the weather was perfect. We also had FANTASTIC service. The food was really good as well. The drinks were a little weak for my liking, but still unique drink options and good flavors.Special Features:
- Overall good but overpricedSushifiendDined on 5/3/2014The food was good overall, but definitely overpriced. Menu items also need to be more descriptive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hiro 88sweetsaltybittersourumamiDined on 5/2/2014The meal was okay, but nothing to write home about. The sashimi was cut into extraordinarily thick pieces, making it difficult to eat, and it wasn't the freshest looking ahi we have ever seen. The udon soup and mongolian beef were delicious. The sea bass was marginal. But our real complaint was that our server was obnoxious and arrogant. We won't be back.Special Features:
- dvldgdvldgDined on 4/27/2014I took a large group from my work for a dinner evening. The Hiro staff were tremendous, the food was superb, and the service outstanding. My group was from all around the US and they all agreed this was a great place to dine. A chef among us commented on the food as being outstanding and the wine selection excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014Our food was delicious and the service was outstanding. An unexpected great experience.Special Features:
- Coupon Night?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014Hopefully it was just a coupon night when we went. The clientele resembled that of a Chili’s rather than a downtown, classy, hotspot. Food was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall 3.5 out of 5. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2014Overall 3.5 out of 5. Great food. Decent atmosphere. Fair price. I personally am not a fan of the bench seating because you're too close to other diners. We went on a date for two, and there is no sense of privacy. Both of us were worried about whether others could overhear our conversation, especially because we could overhear theirs. Again, no sense of privacy and therefore I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for something more romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun-day Sunday!TJandMoreDined on 3/23/2014A group (4 of us) went to lunch on a Sunday afternoon! Not our first visit. Once again, the food was superior as was the service. We had a boat (literally, a boat) of food...a mix of all sorts of sushi. It was simply delicious...every bite. Each of us had a cocktail...expertly prepared and as delicious as the food. Sunday afternoon's are "happy hour" prices all day so you can't beat the price for the selection and the service. Hiro 88 is a MUST for anyone who enjoys superior sushi, great service, and a light but classy atmosphere.Special Features:
- One if the bestOmaha411Dined on 3/22/2014This was our first time here and we received excellent service and the food was so Devine. Our server was Whitney and she informed us that she had not been there long but she did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi could be betterXion317Dined on 3/22/2014While the regular entrees are delicious, the sushi just tastes a bit stale. It doesn't have the fresh taste that many other sushi places have. I would come back, but I don't think I will get the sushi again.Special Features:
- The service was amazing andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The service was amazing and attentive. I loved the food and will go there again and again, love the lo mein and busker roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014We enjoyed our experience and the food was very good, especially the crab rangoonI would recommend this to a friend.
- I love sushi, and now I love HiroGoodMoodFoodAddictDined on 3/12/2014I have had sushi at a few other places before but Hiro88 is now my favorite. Their menu has great descriptions of the food items and their staff is very friendly and helpful. The decor is very modern chic giving you an upscale dining experience. The quality if the food as well as the presentation is fantastic, and to top it off your wait is very short. I will continue to make Hiro88 my go-to-sushi restaurant and recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodwinesnobVIPDined on 2/28/2014As always, good food, good service, great ambiance. Entertained a foodie client from out of town who loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner after the Creigton gamesushisteveDined on 2/23/2014I love sushi and was excited to try Hiro88 in Old Market. Patrons were waiting in line when we arrived but our party was promptly seated a few minutes prior to our 7pm (on-line) reservation. The service was good but the lighting was a bit too dark for me. I ordered the large sushi combo and a firecracker shrimp roll to share with my son and daughter. The asparagus salmon roll in the combo was savory and delicious; my son and I were in friendly competition for it. There was a nice selection of 8 nigiri that I thoroughly enjoyed (shrimp, salmon, tuna, icka, etc...). My wife, son and daughter also enjoyed orders of Mongolian Beef, Imperial Chicken and Broccoli Shrimp. All the food was great; we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our reservation was at 5:30,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Our reservation was at 5:30, dining with a 3 & 8 year old, who were very good. We understood being seated in the back corner of the somewhat empty back dining room, but we would like to come back for lunch or during off hours to enjoy the main room as well. Staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- My Sushi Go To!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Great and consistent sushi. Fresh and visually incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Valentines day at HiroFineDinerColtonDined on 2/16/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance created by Hiro and the effectiveness of my reservations. I had made a reservation 3 days before me and my girlfriends date and was happy to find when I got there I was seated immediately, by-passing a whole line of people that had been waiting to get a table but had not made reservations. My appetizer was great which was a nice shrimp tempura, it was perfect and on time. We were told that the sushi was running behind by a lot because it was packed, but we got it it seemed right on time. The lighting was great and moody, and the noise was great, but merely energetic. We had a great time, I would highly recommend it as the best date night sushi restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful timeranmanDined on 2/15/2014Food was great, service was friendly and very helpful. Did not like your music list, anything but jazz!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysJays911VIPDined on 2/15/2014A new menu, but mostly the same great food. You simply can't go wrong here, whether you go for the Asian fare or the sushi. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day HitHopelessRomanticDined on 2/14/2014I treated my wife to an evening of sushi for Valentine's Day, and the service and ambience of Hiro 88 was impeccable! The server made sure that we were taken care of, and the sushi itself was great. The octopus did not taste so fresh, but when you live in Nebraska, seafood is at a premium. I give Hiro 88 two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to go backFoodieDined on 2/8/2014Went before a concert so an early sitting. Great wait person. Food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Visit...TJandMoreDined on 2/6/2014Went on a bitterly cold Thursday evening. A pretty light crowd in the restaurant. Anyway, the our waitress was quite good and attentive. We ordered a number of different sushi's...all were superior.Special Features: