Hiro 88 West
3655 N. 129th St
Omaha, NE 68164Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Hiro 88 West
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiro88.com/west/index.html
- Phone: 4029330091
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:45:pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:45pm - 9:45pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Milton Yin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do offer off-site catering. We need at least 24 hours notice. A delivery fee of $15.00 applies as well as a minimum of 15 entrees (for delivery). For groups of smaller size, arrangements can be made for the order to be picked up. All dishes from Chinese to Sushi platters are available for catering.
- Private Party Facilities: For guests who are looking to book a large party or would like some space away from the main dining area, private rooms are available. Depending on size of party, arrangements can be made. Please call John for details.
- Private Party Contact: John Horvatinovich 4029330091
A word from Hiro 88 West
Hiro Sushi is an up-scale Pan-Asian restaurant in West Omaha. Serving some of Omaha's best sushi along with award winning Chinese food we have something for everyone's palate. We offer an extensive selection of sake, wine, beer and liquor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Hiro 88 West - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Hiro 88 West reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (22)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (14)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We were a larger party (10 people) and a little disorganized, and mostly separate tickets (we were taking our mom out for her birthday). I was the organizer for the party and had some concerns about keeping things manageable and easy, especially since most of our group had never been to hiro and didn't even know how to order sushi. Our server was fantastic and always super on top of things. We had a great time and I really appreciated his patience with us! The food was excellent as always and came out quickly.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usual!ClassidinerDined on 8/30/2014Between this and the downtown location, my wife and I prefer this one when we wish to keep things "low-key". If we want to feel at bit more metropolitan, we head downtown. Both fulfill our need for nice sushi. We'll be back.
- Another great experienceJimboDined on 8/22/2014Great service and we enjoyed our food. We selected a mix of sushi rolls and chinese food and everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualDebiDined on 8/16/2014As usual food and service were awesome. Sammy and Eric waited on us and did a great job as usual. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kmksDined on 8/4/2014Sushi was very good, drinks were good. Took a long time for food orders to come out.Special Features:
- Hiro 88 WestReneeDined on 7/25/2014The food at Hiro 88 is always excellent. We regularly visit this establishment twice a month for that reason. On this visit the food delivery service to our table was extremely slow. The restaurant was not terribly busy either. It was as if the cook personnel had lost our order. We would still go there again, as the food is very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!6danielsDined on 6/28/2014We visited here while in Omaha after seeing great reviews. So glad we did! The sashimi is the best! Kids ordered fried rice and beef and broccoli that were out of this world! We didn't have the best seats as we made a last minute reservation, but the service was excellent and the food delicious! We will return!Special Features:
- Dinner while out of townhjsbs2011Dined on 6/27/2014I went here with a group of colleagues after sitting in a conference all day. The food was yummy. I had a great roll that was made with cucumber instead of rice...very yummy. There were five of us dining that evening and the server was great when it was time to split the check. The restaurant was buzzing. Admittedly it was surprising to me to have such a good sushi restaurant in Omaha, NE. Very good!Special Features:
- Perfect GatheringJulkamDined on 6/7/2014Can't say enough about Hiro! We were celebrating a niece's 30th and someone recommended the restaurant. Food was excellent, great drink selection and the staff was outstanding. I brought a cake for the party and was told there would be a $15 fee, but our waiter said "no problem" and waived it! Thanks so much!Special Features:
- Always great! Always welcomed!DonnaDined on 5/30/2014The Best Sushi in town! - from the wasabi stinger, rainbow roll, to the fatty tuna Negri and so much more. I love the carrot ginger dressing on the salad and hot and sour soup is always a good starter too. We love Hiro!Special Features:
- Hiro always comes throughReneeDined on 5/17/2014We made our reservations 30 minutes ahead after a long day. We were seated promptly. Our rolls were excellent as usual. We tried the asparagus beef for the first time and it was good. The service and food quality never lets us down.Special Features:
- 4+ starsLocalsVIPDined on 5/14/2014Short version: A very good Northwest Omaha Sushi/Asian restaurant and yes we would go back. Longer version: We had not been to Hiro88 for a while so 3 of us met for business at dinner time. For a Wednesday night it was busy. Rib appetizer was excellent, the sushi and salmon salad was also very good. One person thought the Walnut Shrimp was good - not great. Service was attentive but not overbearing - 5 stars. We travel extensively, and for Omaha, NE - in the middle of beef country - this is actually a very good Sushi restaurant.Special Features:
- Great night....exceptGinziVIPDined on 5/11/2014Sunday night Mother's Day. Reservation for 8 at 5:30. Restaurant was half full. Ordered sushi and a couple of dinners. Received food at 6:45. They said there were a lot of take out orders so ours will take longer. Shouldn't people in the restaurant have seniority over take out? We love the place they apologized and took some money off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably ExcellentEatOutOfterDined on 5/9/2014Hiro's sushi is always excellent - once again, it was excellentSpecial Features:
- The following 135 reviews are from the Hiro 88 West reviews archive.
- FantasticSylarDined on 5/3/2014The title says it all. The service is always great & the food is always mouth watering.Special Features:
- Sushi loverCathyb5Dined on 4/13/2014If you are looking for fresh, delicious sushi and other delights, you will find it here! Great ambiance and energy! Good wine list and if you are not into sushi, then the main menu will still have something for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurejlasmDined on 4/5/2014Hiro always does the evening right. Fun drinks and excellent food, making a night out or special occasion perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be backRestaurantLoverDined on 3/29/2014We were seated in the bar even though we had reservations well in advance. It was very noisy and hard to talk with our dinner companions. The Japanese menu selections were pared down. Some of the items we enjoyed were no longer available. The prices were higher for very common Chinese dishes and the quality was adequate at best. We were very disappointed and won't be back.
- Found on GrouponSnoopyDined on 3/27/2014I purchased a Groupon, and was very pleased with the food and the service. The peanut butter chicken was awesome. Thanks for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- We love HiroReneeDined on 3/21/2014We frequent HIro on a fairly regular basis. The food (no matter what we order) is consistently fresh. We had reservations for 7 pm and were seated by 705 even though the place was packed. In addition to the excellent food, they make a great mojito.
- very slow and poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Was there for over 2 hours and still didn't get all of our food. Service was so slow we had to ask the front man for our check so we could leave. Had to take the food to go, not an ideal situation for sushi and I will not return to this place.
- Good Sushisara12345678Dined on 2/22/2014The sushi here was pretty solid. The service was also good. We had a reservation but still ended up waiting 45 minutes which was not fun.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - AgainReneeDined on 2/21/2014We visit Hiro 88 on a pretty regular basis. The food is always fresh and perfectly prepared. The teriyaki salmon was very good and we believe they have the best Miso Soup just about anywhere in the US and we have tried a lot while traveling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and sushisassmanDined on 2/18/2014My wife and I go to Hiro 88 whenever we get the chance. We prefer Hiro 88 West over the downtown location, but the sushi is always wonderful. Our latest trip to Hiro was for our anniversary and the server we had did an amazing job. He even brought out a desert for us to share after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Great Sushi & fun atmosphere! Hiro88 is a great place for dinner, and they have a great late night (after 10) Happy Hour on Fri & Sat nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014we were 15 mins early for our 7pm reservation only to find that they were 10-15mins behind for reservations. After about 10mins we found a spot at the bar but weren't served for at least 20mins. In fact I don't believe the bartenders even glanced up to notice that we had sat down. At 8pm we were finally sat. But didn't receive our food until nearly 9pm. As always the food was fantastic and usually the service is great as well but this time we were disappointed. I understand a short wait even with a reservation but an HOUR?? Not even the decency to check back with us or at least make sure we were being taken care of at the bar. Instead it felt as though we were bothering the staff and in their way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi and fantastic service.OmahaDinerDined on 2/14/2014Hiro 88 West has fantastic food, but I go for the sushi. It is always fresh, well prepared and beautiful presentation. The service was just what it should be - attentive and knowledgable. While not a very private place to dine it does have a sense of intimacy about it. They also have a robust wine and cocktail menu. Hiro 88 remains one of my favorite places to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern But CozyRevBoogie54Dined on 2/13/2014I thought it was upscale but very comfortable for all age groups. It was more pricey but the food was excellent. I wouldn't be able take my whole family on a regular basis, but for special occasions. It was a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Asian restaurant!luv2dineVIPDined on 2/8/2014As usual, the food was amazing. The sushi is so fresh tasting and whether ordering off the menu or leaving it up to the sushi chef, we always have a good meal. The Chinese food is ALWAYS good, never greasy without heavy sauces as in so many other Chinese restaurants. Sammy is our favorite waiter and always has a smile on his face, no matter how busy he is..which by the way, he's in high demand! Keep up the good work Hiro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good sushiTrueJapanDined on 2/8/2014good sushi. however, waiter was not so good. our order was forgotten couple different time and kept mention him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!SushiLoverDined on 2/8/2014Loved the Wasabi Stinger, sea bass, and the General's shrimp! 88 red blend wine was great as well! We were promptly seated and the wait staff too great care of us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!JessanicVIPDined on 2/7/2014The menu is extensive and fresh tasting. The service was quick, attentive and unobtrusive. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2014I had dinner with a group of girlfriends and we had a very friendly and attentive server. Great restaurant, Great sushiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeNewbieDined on 1/25/2014Our waiter Chris was amazing . We never had sushi before as he Helped out and was so patientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingjennybennyVIPDined on 1/24/2014Loved everything about this place. Service was great, food was outstanding, prices very reasonable. We didn't try the sushi, but we will next time. We definitely will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always Hiro 88 was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/7/2014As always Hiro 88 was fantastic. We love the fact that my sons and I can get fabulous sushi and my husband can get Chinese dishes since hes not a sushi fan. We are all happy and the food is wonderful. The owner is also so kind and friendly. She always stops by our table to say hello. Great restaurant and one of our favorite to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great sushism1ley88Dined on 12/28/2013I love this place! The staff is so friendly & helpful. The ambiance is upscale, but so very comfortable. And the Husker Roll & Wasabi Stinger are To. Die. For!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellanceAJetDined on 12/28/2013The food at Hiro 88 is always excellent. Servers are knowledgeable and personable. The owners have been in the restaurant business in Omaha for many years and it shows in the fine tuning they've done. Everything is perfection. We always look forward to the wonderful experience we know we will have at Hiro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I asked for a Salmon BowlmickleDined on 12/26/2013I asked for a Salmon Bowl (it used to be on the menu) and it was delivered with a smile. My favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- Best Chinese & Japanese in OmahaFlasherVIPDined on 12/13/2013Hiro offers phenomenal Chinese & Japanese cuisine. Extremely kid friendly and great with food allergies. Hiro had an extensive gluten free menu. I highly recommend the peanut butter chicken, the Husker Roll, and spicy edamame. It offers a fantastic happy hour all day on Sunday. The service is always top notch and mangement does an excellent job with quality control. A must try -- if you have not already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.