Hiro 88 - Lincoln
601 R Street Ste 100
Lincoln, NE 68508Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Hiro 88 - Lincoln
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiro88.com/
- Phone: (402) 261-9388
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm-12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm-1:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Milton Yin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do offer catering for large off site parties. However, we do not have a catering staff. Food is brought in pans and sushi is set up in round trays that can be used for presentation. Call to set up a catering today!
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can accommodate up to 25 people with large flat screen TV. Minimum check for party room Sunday-Thursday is $600. Minimum for Friday and Saturday is $1000.
- Private Party Contact: Chadwick Fisher 4022619388
A word from Hiro 88 - Lincoln
Hiro 88 is an up-scale Pan-Asian restaurant on Lincoln's new Canopy Street in the Hay Market. Serving some of Lincoln's best sushi along with award winning Chinese food we have something for everyone's palate. We offer an extensive selection of sake, wine, beer and liquor. We can accommodate up to 25 guests in our private room and have experience with events ranging from rehearsal dinners to pharmaceutical presentations. In addition to our dining room and lounge we also have two large patios. Both Patios have full dinner and drink service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hiro 88 - Lincoln - Best Restaurants in Lincoln ›
Hiro 88 - Lincoln reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)good for groups (14)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (6)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- ExcellentBFD1Dined on 10/9/2014My wife and I went here before the Pearl Jam concert. We started with the avocado egg rolls - they were unreal. We ordered three rolls of sushi and all three were excellent. Our only thought was that two of the rolls were a little big/wide, so they were kind of tough to eat without a knife to cut them in half. However, the taste and flavor were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites in townpengieDined on 10/3/2014Hiro has never disappointed us. We follow Hiro from Omaha to Lincoln. Food is always very fresh and tasty. Service is always wonderful. We are regulars there. We highly recommend Hiro.Special Features:
- date nightgingerleiDined on 9/26/2014love the selection of sushi and small bites .my date and I had a delicious dessert after.Special Features:
- Too BusyCycleMeDined on 9/26/2014The food was good, service was only fair. The server though highly capable had too many tables to enable him to serve to his ability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside patio diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Dined for the first time outside and it was great.Special Features:
- Got our meal paid for!foodieDined on 9/21/2014I went to Hero88 with a few friends. We sat outside and the food was amazing. I defiantly recommend the west-coast roll, and their Sunday deals are the best! What was the most surprising however, was the face that an anonymous table picked up our bill, it was defiantly a night I'll remember for a while!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to spot nowMangiamoDined on 8/15/2014We're big fans of Hiro now that they are in Lincoln. The sushi never disappoints. Servers are well-trained and know what they are talking about. We love: edamame and crab Rangoon appetizers, and the Wasabi stinger, golden gate, cinqo de mayo rolls, and the fatty tuna. Ask for fresh wasabi, they don't always have it. Great beers (I love Sophie, my husband likes the Japanese beers. Also great cocktails:jalapeño popper and the pomegranate mojito! The reverse happy hour is a good deal, with specials on food and drink (all day Sunday I think). The atmosphere is classy and hip, one of the best places to eat in Lincoln's new Haymarket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner.SeattleVisitorVIPDined on 8/1/2014We arrived early before heading off to a concert and got great food at happy hour prices. You can't beat that. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- The following 110 reviews are from the Hiro 88 - Lincoln reviews archive.
- Yum!dkh2012Dined on 7/25/2014Great place with a gluten free menu! We enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewfoodieDined on 7/19/2014For starters, the food was delicious! The only draw back was that the server forgot to send my friend's order of kung pow chicken to the cooks and she didn't ever receive her soup. I will definitely go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceConcertGoerDined on 7/14/2014Always busy on concert night but they manage to keep the service quick and the food is not compromised. Highly recommend the Szechwan scallops!
- Good for more than just sushiCalkateDined on 7/5/2014I've eaten at Hiro 88 several times and this trip I ordered Yin's Chicken - spicy crispy chicken, garlic, sweet soy. It had more than a little kick to it, but was delicious.Special Features:
- Pre-EventlincolneaterDined on 6/21/2014We were headed to the James Taylor concert and made reservations pre-event. Wonderful food - fabulous service - even brought our wine promptly in plastic cups when no clean glasses were available. Love the sashimi!Special Features:
- Cool Place!NEdinerDined on 6/21/2014Hiro 88 is a fairly new addition to Lincoln. It is has a modern feel and delicious food. My husband had the sea bass and enjoyed it very much. I had great sushi! We are also impressed with their wine list.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceLightningMcQVIPDined on 6/20/2014Started our night at the bar with a generous pour of MaCallan 12 on the rocks. The rest of our party of six was running late and when I told the host he offered to talk them in. With his directions they arrived shortly and we were seated promptly. Our waitress, Diana, was very knowledgable and made some great suggestions. The Wasabi Stinger roll is great and the Sea Bass with Miso glaze was unbelievably good! Everyone also really enjoyed the edamame appetizer, especially with the spicy garlic sauce. Overall great service and great food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return Trip to Hiro88WeinerDogDined on 6/7/2014This was our second trip to Hiro88 and it was for Restaurant week. Would have been perfect except for the fact that our wait person was clueless and had no training apparently. On the food side, it was fantastic as usual and once we explained the menu to our wait person, the food showed up quickly. Great food, just needs to train the wait staff.Special Features:
- Disappointed.huskermomDined on 6/7/2014We had reservations at 6pm to allow time for 7:30 concert. Arrived early, seated immediately. Friendly waitress but service extremely slow. Meal did not strive until 7:10 despite server's assurance she had spoken to both kitchen and manager. Several tables who arrived later got food before us. Despite supposed comment to manager we heard nothing from him/her and got no discount or free dessert or similar. Salmon and sea bass excellent; ribs unimpressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horribly Slow-not concert friendly!loveazDined on 6/7/2014I received a call the next day from Hiro to confirm. I was told that dining time for parties of five or more (we had six) would be limited to two hours so Hiro could accommodate all diners on such a busy concert night. Fine by us, since we were attending the concert. Wrong! Our reservation was at 5:30 pm and the concert began at 7:30pm. We arrived on time and ordered cocktails. When our server returned with drinks we ordered appetizers. When our appetizers arrived we ordered dinner. WELL OVER AN HOUR LATER, at about 7:20, our food arrived. Needless to say, we missed the beginning of the concert. Super disappointed! The table next to us was in the same predicament! Great food was overshadowed this time! No recommendation on concert nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a bit noisyEatandRepeatDined on 5/31/2014We visited on a Saturday evening and the place was busy. Staff was very friendly and the food was terrific. Our seating was a bit close to the tables next to us as we were a party of 2. The noise level is on the high end which is ok just not what I expected. It wasn't awful but was noticeable. Our service was great as was the food which in the end is the most important aspect to me. Our sushi was prepared well and tasted even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before Cher concertConcertGoerDined on 5/30/2014Hiro 88 never disappoints on getting a mass amount of people in & out before a concert & the food is always wonderful. Be prepared that it's really noisy & the tables are extremely close together so don't plan on discussing anything private.Special Features:
- Great food but loud musicArm1123Dined on 5/23/2014The sushi was great and so were the entrees, but our group was really close to a speaker and the music was just a little too loud to converse easily at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceMoJoDined on 5/17/2014The ambiance at Hiro 88 is nice, it has a great onyx bar and very modern decor. Our server, Sarah, was quick to check on us and supply drinks and appetizer. We had the Miso Sea Bass and it was super moist and cooked to perfection. I've had Sea Bass all over the world, and this could be the best yet. I will be back many times to enjoy the lunch and dinner. You will not be disappointed at Hiro 88.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodfanDined on 5/11/2014The food and waiter were great. We enjoyed our time at the restaurant and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi at an affordable priceActuarialHuskerDined on 5/4/2014Just visited Hiro 88 for the first time. Ended up visiting during happy hour, which was great as my girlfriend and I were able to get 5 different rolls for under $30. My girlfriend isn't a fan of raw sushi, and our waitress was very helpful in recommending good rolls that didn't contain any raw ingredients. The sushi was fantastic, the atmosphere was busy, but not overly loud. Highly recommend! (Especially during sushi happy hour!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night for patio diningDoggerDined on 5/3/2014We sat out on the patio on a perfect spring evening, with great food and a lively downtown vibe around the restaurant. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hiro is OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I like to go to sushi places to eat sushi, and Hiro is heavy on the rolls geared towards people who don't actually like fish.
- Not so muchdinealittleDined on 4/25/2014The food would have been excellent minus at least 50% of the sodium. It was so intolerable that I couldn't finish my meal.Special Features:
- Understaffed service5girlsandaboyDined on 4/10/2014Bar was understaffed on a Thursday at 6 p.m. Bartender was absolutely great and gave excellent recommendations, but volume of orders outweighed ANYONES ability to serve in a timely manner. Our waitress was not attentive enough.We Waited way too long for drinks AND food based on guest ratio. Food was great but Mongolian beef just a bit too salty. Need to have low sodium soy at every table too if food is going to start out that salty. Service was maxed out. Not enough staff
- Not Kid FriendlyFrenchFoodiesDined on 3/30/2014Sushi here is always fantastic. Service is usually much better than this go-round. Certainly not kid friendly - which is unfortunate. Sometimes a tired mommy needs a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!fattyfoodloverDined on 3/29/2014We had a great time at Hiro 88 and the food, as always, was absolutely delicious. We always make it a point to try something new every time we go and I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level was a bitBryanDined on 3/29/2014The noise level was a bit distracting the night we went. However, the food, the service, the scenery and ambience exceeded our expectations greatly. It was obviously quite busy with the NCAA games going on across the street, but we felt our server was very attentive in spite of that. It was my wife's first time having sushi, and she was THOROUGHLY impressed. We will be back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014The food and service were great. There were alot of young babies and families close by, which was not quite the mood of the evening we were looking for. Also, I felt that the table for two wasn't quite big enough for the amount of sushi we like to order. I felt like we were cramped for space within the room and at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and foodCalkateDined on 3/28/2014I've eaten at Hiro88 a couple times now. I'm not a big sushi fan but a friend is, so there are plenty of things on the menu that we both like. It's a unique atmosphere and a nice place to try down in the West Haymarket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SushiSuzetteDined on 3/27/2014The sushi was very good. Happy Hour prices are great! Service was excellent for the most part. Saw server less as we finished our meal and were ready to pay. No one checked back. Got confirmation of restaurant reservation the day after dining there. I'll go backSpecial Features:
- Great food.. not the best servicesushiloverDined on 3/23/2014My fiancee and I dine here about 3-4 times a month. We love Hiro. The food is always to our liking. The service wasn't the best this time around. It is always hit or miss. We either have very good service or poor service. The only thing that keeps up coming back is the food. So keep it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but the tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Great food, but the tables are kind of small. You are very close to the table next to you and prevents any private moments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!DosStumposDined on 3/21/2014I went with a group of friends and we had a great time and really enjoyed the food. Even our midwest girlfriend with a desire for simpler foods (i.e., she grew up eating chicken and potatoes, and hasn't moved too much beyond that) was able to find a dish that suited her tastes. The rest of us shared a boat (literally) of sushi. Fantastic.Special Features:
- First timersJABMLBDined on 3/14/2014Sushi spot everyone should hit! We went for a date night and it was during boys state basketball. The scene outside was part of our experience while we talked and ate! Canopy street side of Hiro is all windows so you feel like part of the Railyard scene. We used the groupon and had a reservation so the bill was $46 with 20% tip! My wife had the Las Vegas roll and I had the 13 PC Nigiri. We also shared the lg. vase of warm house sake. Highly recommend the meals and my wife actually liked the sake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014My son and I love sushi. Before Hiro 88 opened, we would have to drive to Omaha in order to get good sushi. We have eaten at Hiro 88 a few times and have always had a great experience! Quality seafood and excellent service! I won't be driving to Omaha anytime soon! Thanks for coming to Lincoln!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014I really enjoyed this dining experience. The only reason I didn't rate the service as great was because it just took to long from the time we were seated to the time we received the ticket. The waiter was attentive and helpful. The overall experience was wonderful. The chocolate cake is amazing!Special Features: