Hinesburgh Public House
10516 Route 116
Hinesburg, VT 05461Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hinesburgh Public House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hinesburghpublichouse.com/
- Phone: 8024825500
- Hours of Operation:
Sun - Thursday 3-9pm
Fri-Sat 3pm-10: Dinner service ends at 9
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shawn Beede
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Mechanicsville Rd & Rt 116
- Public Transit: http://hinesburg.org/hinesburg_rides.html
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Handicap parking is available in the lot. You may also use a loading/unloading zone near the entrance to drop people off.
A word from Hinesburgh Public House
Hinesburgh Public House is a community supported restaurant located in the heart of Hinesburg, Vermont.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Hinesburgh Public House - Best Restaurants in Hinesburg ›
Hinesburgh Public House reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (20)kid-friendly (19)special occasion (17)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (8)romantic (6)scenic view (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Excellent Dinner!VermontdinersDined on 8/15/2014We had a celebration dinner at HPH on Friday night and it was perfect! Relaxed atmosphere, positive vibe from the minute we walked in! The hostess was friendly and warm, our first waiter was Thomas and he was friendly, interactive and knowledgeable about the menu and wine list! He was relieved by Lindsay and she didn't miss a beat--attentive, fun, and friendly! The food was very good and we were all happy with the entire experience! The pretzels with fennel were excellent and the steak was outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatsusanDined on 8/2/2014I like the Public House for the quality of ingredients and the fact that it's local source. the food tasted good. Polenta was quite tasty; salmon was slightly overcoooked; filet was stuffed with or wrapped with bacon, and it did not enhance the dish. the burger and fries was good, generous portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Community foodSchubsDined on 7/29/2014We found the food extraordinarily good and sophisticated, yet affordable. It was clearly a regional destination restaurant given the license plates. Food was well above expectations - clear focus on local, seasonal foods, including grass-fed beef raised in a field behind the resto. Very cool.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerVThomebrewerDined on 7/23/2014The staff was very accommodating, my reservation request told the staff that is was our 9th anniversary and even though I sprung it on them the day of, they were kind enough to put some flowers and a candle on our table. It was an overall good dinner, with attentive waitstaff, tasty food, etc. I really enjoy this place.Special Features:
- Unbelievable Lack of MenuAnightoutDined on 7/22/2014While there was some sandwich selection, for evening meal the menu offered very little. What was offered, was quite expensive for the dining experience.Special Features:
- Spicy/hot foods need to be labeledmisspiggyDined on 7/21/2014The pulled pork was too hot for my taste. If I'd known it was going to have a little kick, I never would have ordered it. Labeling dishes that might be even moderately hot would be helpful. I also think there needs to be more choices for the dinner menu. On the flip side, I had a bite of the portabello sandwich and that was delicious.
- Great dinner and drinks on the deckjannyDined on 7/11/2014We ate outside on the lovely deck. The food was wonderful as usual. There's always a new beer on the draught list to try (choices of very and less local) and this visit was no exception.Special Features:
- Hinesburg Pub House Very GoodMikeNHDined on 7/5/2014This public house in Hinesburg, Vt , a Town that is reinventing itself, provides casual atmosphere with excellent food and friendly service. Try the Faroe Island salmon, cooked to order and served with sweet potato and asparagus. The servers are young, pleasant, and knowledgeable about the menu. The wine selection is adequate and local craft brews round out the bar selection. The bar itself shares the same room as the dining room, so the atmosphere is more pub than elegant fine dining, but the food competes with the best in Vermont or New Hampshire.Special Features:
- Over rated, over pricednonameDined on 7/5/2014The menu is boring, not enough options, too much orientation to beef and pork and I believe it lacks creativity. A half a dozen burgers is not creative. Our meals were overpriced for what we had. We have visited 4-5 times since HPH opened for business. The bar has obviously become very popular and the noise level during out last visit on 7/6 was disruptive to our conversations. I have discouraged friends from going to the HPH. A couple of times they did try and informed me at a later date they understood what I meant. Once again: overpriced good but not exceptional meals loud boring menu unless you are a meat eater I will continue to share my beliefs with others.Special Features:
- Sing8rDined on 7/5/2014The Public House remains to be a "place to go" when you just want a "predictable" experience.ie.Good food,good service and friendly,comfortable atmosphere. The staff is always friendly;often w/a visit from the chef to the dining room,when time permits.Soups are not to be missed.All at reasonable prices!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Go-toJanjvtDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I are locals and frequent diners at the Public House. The food is farm-to-table and has always been of a very high quality, prepared and presented in an interesting and creative way by chef Sean. The wait staff are friendly and attentive. We also enjoy the jazz group that plays on Sunday afternoons and evenings. One area that could be improved is their dessert offerings. Often the only choice is whoopee pies. In instances where there have been other offerings, the quality is not up to the standard of the rest of the food. The ambience of the dining room could be improved by hiding the bright fluorescent lights of the cooler in the front of the restaurant with a screen. This is a overall a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLunaDined on 7/1/2014We had a coupon from Localvore and were very disappointed to find it could not be used for their special meal on the first Tues. of the month. We had been really looking forward to the meal. It sounded delicious and was for a good cause. Then we found out it couldn't be used for any specials they have, like half price burgers on Wednesday. The place was crowded and noisy when we arrived, I hope they did well that night. We went for pizza at another local spot instead.
- MelissaDined on 6/14/2014We are so lucky to have this restaurant in our town! Great food & drinks in a comfortable environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Service could use some work. It took awhile for the server to greet us in the very beginning. Then got served our apps without any silverware (we were sitting outside). But we realized the computers had gone down and so maybe there was some chaos because of that. Overall we had a nice time and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great server named Nick!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014We went the other night for the community dinner. Nick was a fantastic waiter. The food was tasty and it was for a good cause. The owner was out in dining room helping.Special Features:
- Always goodFlapDined on 5/31/2014Nice specialty drink list, great variety of specialty beers on tap. For those who miss Monty's Old Brick Tavern, you will recognize that the chef has brought some of the memorable items with him such as the bread, the PEI mussels, pulled pork and the broiled fish and chips. The place is vibrant and friendly and always has interesting dishes featuring comfort food items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bristol reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Nice selection, good meals, one large party slowed down service, but they still managed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Matched FoodBBQdNHappyDined on 5/23/2014I've been to the Hinesburg house a few times with co workers but this past week was an anniversary for my partner and I. The food was amazing and the service matched it. Our waitress was friendly, attentive and she alone would make us come back. Food was excellent and my partner who is from the south exact words were "that pulled pork BBQ sauce is no joke" Excellent Food. Excellent Service. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We arrived and the hostess was great. Kind and friendly to my daughter. Our waiter arrived 20 minutes later and was clearly stoned. He took our drink orders and returned 15 minutes later. My drink had a clear section of glass missing and crack down the side. He returned 20 minutes later to take our order, which took 30 minutes and he forgot my appetizer. The service was horrible and every one at the table had something wrong with their food. The scallops did not specify HOT sausage and was something that my farther should not eat or be surprised by, my sister's Chicken BLT was toasted so much that she could not bite into the bread. The salad was missing vegetables, and the kids menu was very limited and the food was still more for adults.
- Mother's Day dinnerGuinnessisgood4UDined on 5/11/2014Great food, nice atmosphere. Reasonable prices. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014I must admit that I have been avoiding the Hinesburgh Public House since originally trying it last year. After my first experience I felt the food was overpriced with regard to the actual flavor and preparation. I know that they support locally sourced food, so that made it a little easier to swallow. That said, when I took my wife and son to brunch on Mother's Day, I felt the food was good and priced about right for what we ordered, quality and quantity. We didn't leave stuffed and happy and I didn't feel like I'd been robbed.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experiencepcvtDined on 5/10/2014Nice find in little Hinesburg! Really enjoyed the meal and service was great!Special Features:
- Fantastic foodmjgdDined on 5/10/2014The care that goes into giving the customers a really great dining experience shows. Exceptional food for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.Special Features:
- Thank you open RablejbeestingDined on 5/9/2014Thanks to open Table we were sat immediately on a very busy Friday evening. Food was fantastic, service was great, and next time we go, I want to eat/drink at their beautiful bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2014First Tuesday of each month is Community Night with half of the $20 dinner donated to a local charity. The menu is fixed price. The soup, salad, and dessert are usually very good, but the entree varies. Our last entree was a chicken linguine and it was too dry and not very tasty. The wine and beer list is excellent on can even buy a Labatts Blue can of beer for $2. The Public House is a great asset to the community and I would highly recommend eating there and trying various menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from Beginning to EndHappyEatingDined on 5/2/2014This was our second visit after an outstanding meal the first time. We were not disappointed. The beet-infused goat cheese bruschetta appetizer is to die for, but leave room for the chocolate layer cake after a delicious entrée. The cake was exceptional. What I appreciate about this restaurant is the attention to detail. Every item on the plate has had some special treatment. The servers are fully informed about the menu, and seating was thoughtful, balancing the needs of young families and groups of adults. Wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coping with EmergencypercyDined on 4/27/2014As we sat down at our table this past Sunday morning, the power went off. Our waiter said he could at least give us a cup of coffee or tea, and brought those drinks right out. The four of us were debating which of our houses we would go to for our celebration and what we'd find there to eat, when he came back to say that the kitchen crew had flashlights and would fix for us anything on the menu. We were impressed, and even more so when our very good meals came out. Three cheers for the kitchen crew!
- The following 169 reviews are from the Hinesburgh Public House reviews archive.
- DisappointingChaseDined on 4/20/2014This was our second time in and I was disappointed and embarrassed. We had my boyfriends parents over and decided HPH would be the perfect place! They're out of the way, not a huge crowd like downtown Burlington and the food and service was amazing last time. Unfortunately, the poor host seemed to have no idea of what was going on. Not to mention we were stuck in a booth next to the bar, after having reservations while 75% of the dining room was vacant. Our server was pleasant but half the things we wanted weren't available, like a piece of salmon for a salad. Management: if you're not going to have your full menu, print up Easter Brunch menus, and limit yourself. Yes it'll waste paper but everyone will be on the same page.
- Better in winterBlocksterDined on 4/18/2014The winter menu is far superior to what we experience this evening. Plus, it's far less crowded (and loud) in winter. The summer menu left a lot to be desired. I'll wait until the winter menu is back before returning. The staff was attentive and respectful. I have nothing bad to say about the evening except that the food could be (and has been) better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014We have always had consistently (very) good meals at The Public House. We most recently visited on 4/16. Miss the Mac/Lobster & Cheese, but change happens:). Only "criticism" was that the Backyard Salad was ordered without the crumbled bacon as there was a vegetarian in our group, but it came with the bacon. Not a big deal, but thought you'd want to know. We'll be back. Again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- a local treasureVeggieLoveDined on 4/16/2014Appeals to a cross section of people, something for everyone on the menu. Only reasons I didn't give them 5 stars is that my burger ordered rare came medium+ (I know, could have asked for another one, but didn't want to slow down the evening), and the service was a bit slow (only one server?). Definitely will revisit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diners2diners2Dined on 4/11/20142013, 4 adults, 3 children enjoyed food, staff, ambience, so: 2014, wife & I celebrated her birthday: 10 oz NY med-well -- excellent twice-cooked baked potato -- really tastey asparagas -- cooked correctly & seasoned deliciously proportions -- just rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great servicednrdateDined on 4/9/2014Group gathering to celebrate a birthday. Food was great, staff was very attentive and gave us a great table in a widowed corner where we could enjoy our food and each other. Love the half price burger. The burger was awesome and cooked as ordered. Love the relaxed atmosphere and family friendly feel of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitDaveDined on 3/30/2014This was our first visit to the Hinesburgh Public House and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The food was prepared well, was tasty and moderately priced. The waitstaff were attentive, yet not overbearing. We happened to visit on Sunday evening when they have live music which was a nice surprise - great music which didn't overpower the dining experience. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!Love802FoodDined on 3/30/2014I went to the Public House for the first time this past weekend for Sunday brunch. The building was great, very cozy and unique. The food was excellent as well as the service. The menu had some great tweaks to your normal brunch options. I will definitely have to go back and try their dinner menu.Special Features:
- March 29, 2014skyranchDined on 3/29/2014While I wish we lived closer so we could come more often, it is also great to have a few months go by and come back and find new dishes on the menu. I wanted to order way more than I could eat. Everything from the soup to the steak to the amazing starter was delicious and perfectly prepared and presented. Our server Sarah was wonderful. She has the most appetizing way of describing everything on the menu with her hands accompanying her voice....I could envision its preparation ...and she makes everything sound like you can't do without it. Extremely knowledgeable and attentive and gracious. Hinesburg now has become a destination for us...even if it takes over an hour for us to get there.....It's worth it!! We will be back again.Special Features:
- Great service!bmercureDined on 3/16/2014Our server, Nick Kelly, was outstanding. Personable, funny and very knowledgeable. He added a lot of "atmosphere" to the space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Morning in HinesburgHinesburgerDined on 3/16/2014Delicious brunch in the village restaurant. Great place for a quiet Sunday morning. Varied menu with locally sourced ingredients. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Good food, good local beerFoodFanDined on 3/6/2014Good food, good local beer selection, nice atmosphere, & very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for community supperOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2014Went for community supper on first Tuesday and had a great 4 course meal! Small portions but for $20 it cannot be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.