Himalayan Sherpa Kitchen
1148 Main Street
Saint Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
NepalesePrice: $30 and under
Himalayan Sherpa Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://himalayansherpakitchen.com/
- Phone: (707) 963-4439
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Nepalese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Himalayan Sherpa Kitchen
Himalayan Sherpa Kitchen is owned by the joint partnership of Chhiring and Nima Sherpa who met in their early twenties and quickly became friends. Chhiring is also partnered with other friends who together own Taste of the Himalayas in Sonoma. Nima manages at the popular local restaurant of Sonoma, Meritage Martini Oyster Bar. Both began as trekking guides in Nepal and upon arriving in beautiful wine country became quickly emerged in the restaurant business. Their experience in restaurant managing along with their friendly easy going personalities makes for great service. They truly believe the customer is always right.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Himalayan Sherpa Kitchen - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
Himalayan Sherpa Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (7)late-night find (7)notable wine list (5)special occasion (4)romantic (3)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice change of pacebaahollyDined on 11/15/2014Had lunch at this restaurant during the Napa Valley Film Festival. So many Italian and California cuisine restaurants in the area serving essentially the same dishes, it was nice to have something different. Delicious Indian food and prompt, friendly service. Would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- travelforfoodDined on 11/9/2014STAY AWAY! We are Indian food lovers. Have never been served brown rice that was cold! Too late, friends in St. Helena warned us to not eat there.
- Himalayan Sherpa KitchenCaitVIPDined on 11/7/2014My first time dining here and it was amazing. I have heard great reviews about this place and I'm glad the Kitchen lived up to those reviews. They have fantastic food and the service was awesome. I would definitely go back. There is a lovely outdoor seating area where you can look at downtown St. Helena. This is a good spot for a romantic evening or a night out with friends. They have a great wine list, including an $18 half bottle of Gloria Ferrer. Overall I am very pleased with my experience here and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- WWWTDined on 11/5/2014We are Indian food enthusiasts but this was, by far, the best in that general categorySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different in Napa....1travellerVIPDined on 11/2/2014If you are tired of the usual fabulous 'farm to table' fare and want something different and easy - this is your spot. Good food, fresh, and an amiable and hardworking group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in town!NVlocalVIPDined on 11/2/2014You can't go wrong here, love the tikka masala. The basil and cilantro nan are amazing. Vegetarian friendly.Special Features:
- Welcoming restaurantfoodieVIPDined on 10/28/2014The staff at this restaurant were very kind and patient with us as well as eager to please. The food was good, and the ambiance was much nicer than most restaurants of this type. It was a welcome break in the usual Napa Valley style of restaurants. Not many good ethnic restaurants in the area, and this was a great choice for an unpretentious meal in nice surroundings. I would gladly return when I have a craving for some tika masala, saag paneer and some delicious naan. We paid our bill and continued to sit and visit at the table and the staff were so courteous that they continued to fill our water glasses and never gave us any impression that we needed to leave. Very hospitable.Special Features:
- Best ever lamb dish...MoTastyDined on 10/17/2014More than amazing. You will wish your Momma was Nepalese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rice Pudding is incredibleValeriDined on 10/7/2014My husband is still lamenting that we split the Rice Pudding dessert and that he didn't just get his own. The food was very tasty, but I think our favorite items were the Naan and the rice pudding!Special Features:
- My favorite place in townNVlocalVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food is so wonderful here! Don't miss the appetizers. All of the ingredients are high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience all around!Minnesota3IcemanDined on 9/25/2014Found this little gem while spending a week in the Valley in celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary. The special that evening was a rack of lamb and lobster tail, grilled and served sizzling hot over a bed of onions, peppers and broccoli. The entire dish was masterfully seasoned and well balanced. A vibrant mix of very fresh ingredients and an obviously experienced hand at the grill. The garlic & herb naan was also a great pleasure in it's simplicity and execution. Be sure to order a mango lassi as it's freshness and coolness provided a nice counterpoint to the smoky spiciness of the main dish. We are recommending Himalayan Sherpa Kitchen to all of our friends in the Valley and those traveling there. A memorable dinner indeed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!MarkDined on 9/3/2014You won't need me to recommend this place.... Just go! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot for dinnerDaleDined on 8/31/2014We had an excellent dining experience. The staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. The food was very good. The selection was good. And the price was reasonable. I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very tasty foodJerseyBluesVIPDined on 8/25/2014First time eating Nepalese food. It was wonderdul. I had a rack of lamb that was cooked to melt in you mouth perfection in the Tandoori. My wife had a chicken dish that was perfectly spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!amydVIPDined on 8/24/2014There food is Amazing! This is a hidden gem! All chicken is organic!Special Features:
- Great!PickyHungryGirlof3Dined on 8/21/2014Was on vacation and was looking for a different restaurant for a variety of picky eaters. This place was perfect!Special Features:
- Favorite in St Helenaarsegas2Dined on 8/9/2014Great food...attentive service. Very fresh, more veggies and not as heavy and saucy as other Indian restaurants. Select the spicy option!Special Features:
- Sherpa KitchenSetterpalVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was an excellent find when vacationing in St. Helena. An amazingly creative menu and a terrific wait staff to explain some of the items on the menu that were new to us. Beautifully prepared meals. Would definitely return and bring friends along for this treat.Special Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the Himalayan Sherpa Kitchen reviews archive.
- DeliciousPaulaDined on 7/8/2014The food was amazing - as always. I started with the Himalayan salad - I love the dressing. I then ordered Alu Bhanta. It has eggplant and potatoes in curry sauce. i also ordered it super spicy - which was perfect. My guy got a Chicken Tandoori (he knows Indian/Himalayan cuisine well and was able to specify it exactly to his liking). After talking to the adorable waitress, we also convinced her that we could handle the spicy. And they served it up hot! Also I am vegan - and their Naan is made without butter. The garlic Naan has basil and olive oil. We are definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in town!NVlocalVIPDined on 5/29/2014Amazing dishes and wonderful service. The best Nan anywhere. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- One of my favorites in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/24/2014Great food, great service, great ambience. This is a must go place in Napa for lunch or dinner, specially if you are Himalayan cuisine fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Excellent ServiceNut4WineDined on 3/1/2014I've been here a couple of times now and will go again when I'm in the area. Still being discovered by the locals but the ones that know it love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/24/2014No matter who serves you, they are the friendliest staff ever!Special Features:
- Great Food - Needed Some More StaffNapaNeighborDined on 2/14/2014Found this gem when looking for a last-minute Valentine's reservation... was surprised to find the whole evening available. I think the staff was a bit surprised too when they filled-up. Service was good, but stretched thin. Apologies were made and the entire evening was pleasant. The food was excellent... we had the Valentine's special for two, and my wife even liked the lamb. My wife NEVER likes the lamb, so her "thumbs up" is high praise! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly enjoyed the Himalayas (DinnerLarbardo1Dined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentine's dinner - last minute reservation and was able to book it with no problem. The food was great & delicious - right up our alley, as we are vegetarian and the special Valentine's dinner meal allowed us to substitute the lamb for a wonderful veggie dish.Service was very prompt, friendly & courteous. Ambience very nice! Altogether very pleased & definitely want to stop in again! No need to bring our own sherpa.Special Features:
- St Helena GemNVlocalVIPDined on 12/27/2013We are so happy to have such a wonderful addition in St Helena. Our favorite lunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Enjoyable Than Wine-Tasting!KoribelleDined on 11/29/2013We had a large party of fourteen family members. Those whom had never eaten Himalayan were delighted. The returnees were pleased with the consistent quality. Our hosts were gracious and accommodating; we were a rambunctious group. Very reasonable corkage fees. I was pleased with dinner and would visit again when in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.