36 South Fair Oaks Ave
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
NepalesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.himalayancafela.com/
- Phone: 6265641560
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Nepalese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Takeout, Wine
A word from Himalayan Cafe
It is interesting and surprising to see the Nepalese restaurant HIMALAYAN CAFE in heart of the old town Pasadena. We are pleased to serve you delicious authentic Himalayas cuisine with mountain grown herbs and spices this perfect spot to enjoying an intimate dining the finest and fresh authentic Nepali cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Himalayan Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great food! Attentive Staff!emc2Dined on 9/6/2014Second time here and the food is just as great! The staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad foodSimonsVIPDined on 8/3/2014We t with 12 of my colleagues. Bad food, bad service. They serve many pre-packaged items.
- Delicious tasty foodAnnaVIPDined on 7/14/2014My 2nd time here. Delicious food with lots of vegetatian options. The salmon fish masala was excellent along with the creamed spinach and potato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Himalayan Cafe reviews archive.
- Delicious foodAnnaVIPDined on 5/17/2014It was my first visit here and I will be back to sample more dishes! Somewhat similar to Indian and Chinese dishes, but with different spices and flavors. We had the Mo-Mo vegetarian dumplings, Lamb stuffed naan and Chicken Saag. All were excellent. The Chicken Saag had really moist chicken with minced spinach. I've never had stuffed naan so it was interesting with lots of minced lamb. Next time I think I'll stick with unstuffed naan since I like to have my naan compliment the main dish instead of being its own entree. Nonetheless, everything was delicious and tasty. Very attentive wait staff.Special Features:
- JanislDined on 4/26/2014Nothing to complain. Overall great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Although all food was goodsuperchinkVIPDined on 3/22/2014Although all food was good and perfectly spiced, the lamb was disappointing in that it was not tender. The amount was very generous and flavorful.Special Features:
- Food is goodZeeeVIPDined on 3/20/2014Came for lunch Buffet..food is tasty and not too oily like other.Service is good as well considering its a buffet,self service.Will be back!Special Features:
- The food was great. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2014The food was great. The service was also wonderful. They explained the food and the differences from each area. I will definitely to again. Dhanne Bad!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's DinnerAdamDined on 12/31/2013Came here for New Year's eve and it was fantastic. I have never had Himalayan food before and it was great. It was a fusion between Indian and Asian cuisine. The waiter was helpful in choosing popular dishes and letting us in on portion size. Overall it was a great experience, I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made my MojoLadymojoDined on 10/19/2013This little spot was a gem of a fine. Good food and lively atmosphere makes it a place I will return to whenever I'm in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food- the momoOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2013Interesting food- the momo was not as good as I expected, the pakoras were better than other Indian restaurant and the chicken Shikawi had a new lemony flavor. I think we will go back and try some other items on the menu.
- Good foodDinerFromMartelDined on 9/21/2013While the food was very good, the service was a little lackluster. If you're going for the food, you're in luck. If you're going for an overall dining experience, you may want to choose elsewhere since neither the service nor the ambience/decor fit the bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacks authentic flavorlove2eatDined on 7/6/2013The food is watered down. Don't skimp on the spices!
- Solid Indian FoodCanWeSmileDined on 5/29/2013My friend and I went here for dinner to be followed up by cake at Pop. We ordered the chicken saag, the lamb masala, garlic naan, and an order of the rice. Really good food at fairly good prices. If I happen to be craving Indian food while I'm in Pasadena, I'd probably go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013Food and service were great. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Delicious Food; Neighborhood Gem!LAWorldFoodieVIPDined on 3/1/2013My friend suggested this hidden gem off busy Colorado Blvd in Old Town. The staff are friendly, and the food is amazing! I absolutely recommend the saag paneer (spinach with cheese). It's my favorite Indian dish, and this place has it done perfectly! We also ordered the clay oven garlic chicken, and the chicken is yummy and tender. I also recommend the garlic naan. I wish the decor were more date friendly, but I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Very interesting food. NeverKCsMomVIPDined on 1/29/2013Very interesting food. Never had it before... definately worth a repeat visit. Fun to try new foodsSpecial Features:
- A Great Find in Old Town, PasadenaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2013Similar, but distinct from Indian cuisine, dining at Himalayan Cafe was a very positive experience. Servers were very attentive and friendly, and the chef even made an appearance to explain that the dumplings would take few extra minutes to cook. We will defintely return to further explore the menu.Special Features: