Hilltop House Restaurant
1240 Fort Bragg Road
Fayetteville, NC 28305Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Hilltop House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hilltophousenc.com/
- Phone: 9104846699
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Beth Shearin-Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Hilltop House offers off~site catering at the venue of your choice. Simply meet with our catering coordinator to customize your entire event from the menu to tables and linens. We offer full service catering to meet any needs no matter how big or small. We have all off~site ABC permits to meet your catering needs as well. Contact us today and let us make your event a most memorable one!
- Special Events: The Hilltop House offers private dining rooms for all types of special events. We offer special pricing for military functions. The entire house can be rented out for the evening for your special event. Whether you are having a company party, a wedding reception, or large military gathering the Hilltop House is the perfect venue for your special event. If you can dream it, we can do it. Contact us today for availability and pricing.
A word from Hilltop House Restaurant
The Hilltop House is a fine dining restaurant located in an elegant home built in 1908 and is situated in the historic Haymount district of Fayetteville.This lovely home features several beautifully decorated, intimate rooms where you and your guests will enjoy your next dinner, lunch or special occasion surrounded by timeless elegance. We offer Southern Cuisine with French influences. Come experience a "Difference in Dining". Sit back and relax as you savor our creative, inspired, yet classic cuisine. Relish the unmatched flavors of the delectable cuisine as a highly trained and attentive staff attends to your every whim. Reach for a glass or bottle of wine from the 50 page wine list, featuring an extensive collection of worldly wines hand selected to pair perfectly with our entrees. You will find that the Hilltop House provides the perfect balance of superb cuisine, exceptional service and ageless, elegant ambience which all culminate into an unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hilltop House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fayetteville ›
Hilltop House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (18)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (10)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- An exceptional restaurantCandSvacationersDined on 10/10/2014Probably one of the top 3 restaurants in town, and the best place for Sunday brunch by far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedFayettevilledinerDined on 10/3/2014Amazingly on a Friday night at 7:45 we were the only ones there (possibly another group who we never saw). The service was pretty good although we did have to ask for the whereabouts of one of the sides to an entree. My side of mashed potatoes was 'warm' to be generous. This didn't faze them as nothing was offered to remedy (warm them up might have helped). Apparently the fried green tomato appetizer wasn't all that good, although I didn't try it. The rest of the meal was pretty good, but not as good as expected. Considering the prices and reputation I expected more. I have been here 2 times before to group events and the food was good and to one of their holiday brunches and it very good.Special Features:
- Could have been betterAshleyDined on 9/28/2014When we arrived to our table, there were crumbs on the linens. The waitress saw me brushing them off, but did not say anything. The little potatoes were cold. My husband found a hair in his French toast. The server, who only had to serve drinks, to three tables, seemed a bit slow. Other staff seemed super friendly to their tables. Would like to give them another shot in hopes that things will be better.Special Features:
- The Best In FayettevilleDiningAdventuresDined on 9/27/2014Hilltop House is our go to for special occasions or when we want fine dining in Fayetteville. I don't believe there is anywhere in town that compares to the quality of food and service. I had the mahi-mahi and my wife had the bacon wrapped tenderloin both were very well done dishes. The calamari was delicious with the remoulade sauce and raspberry crime brûlée for desert. The is nowhere else in town I would go for this level of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Menu75jumperDined on 9/26/2014I took my wife to this restaurant for her birthday. The menu posted online had changed and we were disappointed that the appetizers and entrees that she prefers were no longer offered. There was only one poultry option and no shellfish. The only meat group with choices was beef, which was plentiful, but neither of us were expecting such a limited menu. We almost got up and left before ordering. The food was well prepared and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doctorbosDined on 9/24/2014Awesome all around! "I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The potato-leek soup was amazing and the Bibb lettuce salad was refreshing. The table was split on the monkfish – one person thought it was great, but another felt that the tastes didn't quite mesh. Everyone loved the flat iron steak. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:
- Wonderful Food and Atmospherefryegal2Dined on 9/13/2014We took our parents there for their 48th wedding anniversary and it was a wonderful experience. The food was phenomenal. The waiter didn't know the foods very well to explain them to us so it was difficult to decide what to get. We all went with safe food choices but after experiencing such great food and flavors we decided we would be more adventurous the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014Definitely the best restaurant in town. They have a new chef here who makes incredible dishes. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great diningRAJ1552Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful restaurant for special occasions. Great atmostphere and lighting for romantic outing. I look forward to Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- "Where the liberals go to be seen"EdMuldoonVIPDined on 8/17/2014That's what we were told by a local who claimed to know the food scene very well. We were on vacation and relied on Yelp reviews to guide us. We're glad we did (and that we didn't listen to the local). The only caution is that the buffet room can get quite crowded as it's small. Also, on this particular Sunday, they had only one chef working the omelet, carving and waffle stations, so there was a wait for each of these. The food was top notch -- the plethora of chilled seafood options was the best surprise -- and the service was very attentive for a brunch configuration. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Nice travel stopMommaEmDined on 8/2/2014Always looking for a nice restaurant when traveling that appeals to all members of my family, and this one met my expectations - good tasting, healthy food that set us on our way during the next leg of our journey. Looking forward to eating their again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and Price MismatchedAdinesDined on 7/26/2014The setting and the service were excellent. Part of the meal was outstanding and the rest was mediocre. The lobster fondue was truly excellent. The cheese in the Caprese salad was great, but the salad wasn't served with basil and just with light olive oil, so wasn't what it should have been. The Chateaubriand was well-seasoned, but came out gray and overdone, while we ordered it medium, so that was quite disappointing, especially considering the cost. The asparagus that came with it was only steamed and not even seasoned or improved. The raspberry creme brûlée was over-sweet and with a grainy texture which was less than ideal. It may be that other dishes there were excellent, but that was our experience with the food we ordered.Special Features:
- Best BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014This is the best brunch buffet that I have ever had. Great Service. I always take visiting family and friends to Hilltop House to experience the shrimp and grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch surprisesMommawolfDined on 6/22/2014Wonderful food, expertly prepared I absolutely adore the omelet man! The food is well presented, tho difficult to navigate in such a small area, if you are disabled, as I am. A wheelchair would find it impossible. Attentive servers, not overly fussy. The dining area can get quite loud, especially when there are screaming children present, which is the fault of the parent, of course, but I didn't notice any intervention by staff. I was unpleasantly surprised to find a MANDATORY 20% tip. I explained that I tip in cash, which I had already done, but was told this tip is added to ALL bills, and would not be removed, leaving me with a SIXTY PERCENT tip. You also do not offer a military discount, which is surprising in this military town.Special Features:
- The following 149 reviews are from the Hilltop House Restaurant reviews archive.
- Small town paceDmanDined on 6/14/2014Arrived and was seated and 20 minutes passed before anyone stopped by the table for a greeting, water etc...hate to say this but the wait staff is a disaster from start to finish. If you don't mind continually monitoring your order and having to correct them when informed that your appetizer of ....will be out shortly and it wasn't what you ordered then all is well. Received first course 40 minutes after placing the order. Asked for a bread basket 4 times and never received it. Putting all this aside, if you are in no rush and care to devote an entire evening for a dining event then by all means go here. Food was very good, well prepared and presentation pleasing. Solid wine list and over all great for small town venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceHannahBDined on 6/13/2014My husband and I love to come here for Sunday brunch, but we brought our whole family for dinner. We made reservations using open table and everything was perfect. The table was ready for us in a quiet location of the restaurant. The wait staff was lovely as of course the food was amazing. Will do this again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyVIPDined on 6/12/2014Good food, but slow, inattentive service. We were celebrating a birthday & a special forces graduation for 2 people, but the table wasn't decorated as we'd been told (when we were denied order of special dessert in advance), even with the reminder when we entered. The food & drinks came out so slowly that all of the tables in our room were complaining. The cheese course was very good; nice variety. The lobster fondue was good, but didn't come with enough bread & was cold by the time the waitress brought more. The strawberry salad was excellent. One of our party ordered a Caesar salad, but they had run out of romaine. How does a restaurant run out of romaine? The filet was overdone, as was some of the fish we ordered. The sides were so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014The Sunday buffet was good however, the omelet station is in the middle and that holds up the serving line. I tried twice to access several dishes only to give up and return to my seat without the food I wanted to try due to the waiting lines. Space is to small to adequately serve patrons.Special Features:
- Overpriced and not good!FoodloverDined on 5/23/2014We recently dined here for my husbands birthday. I left there thinking I was robbed! Our appetizers were cold after waiting forever for it. We were served our main course after waiting a pretty long time, it too was barely warm. I ordered some kind of stuffed chicken it was dry with no flavor! The risotto that came with it was cold and horrible! I sent it back and waited for a twice baked potato which was just okay. To compensate for all the mishaps they offered me a dessert (crossing pudding) which was not very good. Our bill was $100 and I have nothing good to say about this place. Another thing the place smells like an old creepy house and when we walk out there was a big fat roach on the porch! Disgusting! I will never eat there again!
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014The food was average. Some was great, others poor. The desserts, other than the bread pudding, were poor. The roast beef was exceptional, but the server cutting the beef was borderline rude. I didn't eat breakfast food, so I can't judge those, but the squash casserole and mac and cheese were great. Sea food was good. Our wait staff was wonderful. One issue is the 20% gratuity automatically added to the bill. For a buffet, that is overkill and truly annoyed my husband.Special Features:
- Excellent in every respectRudyardDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant was upscale without being stuffy. The food was interesting and absolutely delicious. Try the fried green tomatoes and crab cake appetizer. Incredible! The waitress was even able to suggest what I should order the evening before running in the All American Marathon. Her choice was perfect (salmon and risotto).Special Features:
- ExceptionalciookitrioDined on 4/30/2014If you are looking for a restaurant that offers it all - good food, great service, ambience - this is it. This is the one we come to for our special occasions, to bring out-of-town guests, or to introduce new locals to some of what Fayetteville has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Easter brunchPatDDined on 4/20/2014The Easter brunch was out of the this world. To only thing I would change is the amount of screaming kids. However, I can't so it was really good and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch for allMonaLisaDined on 4/13/2014Reservations are recommended because brunch can be crowded. Food was excellent, service was wonderful be patient as a said brunch can be very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 75th birthday for my Dad!lisajblackDined on 4/10/2014HH was super-especially since I coordinated a small luncheon birthday for my Dad's 75th from several states away! They made it perfect...private room, tables ready to go and made payment easy for me with the distance! I held my Mom's 70th there...great place! Book the private rooms!Special Features:
- Outstanding BrunchLucasDined on 4/6/2014Did not know this restaurant until this weekend but it is one of the best brunches I've even had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFoodieinFayettevilleDined on 4/6/2014There aren't many places in Fayetteville, NC that serve brunch, however this is one of the few and it is really pretty good. My son and I eat brunch at Hilltop at least twice a monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FancygabeDined on 3/23/2014This place is beautiful! Good food, good service and good ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for the valueBillDined on 3/18/2014The waiter seemed he only started in past few days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatCarterDined on 3/16/2014I am never disappointed with Sunday brunch at Hilltop. The variety of food means that you can have breakfast or lunch or both in one sitting. I especially like the Bananas Foster French toast and Eggs Benedict (with salmon). It is a good idea to make a reservation to ensure you don't have to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hilltop House BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014My husband and I went to Hilltop House because we've always heard how great brunch is. This place did not disappoint! The service was wonderful. Everything we tried was absolutely delicious! They had a little something for all tastes. Desserts were my favorite! Pregnant woman's dream :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing upscale diningMatthewHDined on 3/14/2014Hilltop House has impressed me again with magnificent food, attentive service, and an inviting atmosphere. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SundayPrepiDined on 3/9/2014I made reservation for my wifeand two friends from DC, We had enjoyable time there after church and the food and service was very good, my friends who are use to eating in resturants in Washington DC said they were surprised the quality for resturant here in Fayetteville.. I asked to be seated in the garden room when I made the reservation but they couldnt , they tried there best to place us as close as possible.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantastic!!MatthewHDined on 3/8/2014Saturday lunch for our anniversary was simply amazing! A special table was prepared for us with an anniversary message and candles. The food and service were impeccable, as well. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceToddDined on 2/22/2014Our waitress seemed not fully trained or very distracted. She left for long periods of time and the restaurant was not that busy. She forgot drink orders and did not ask if we wanted dessert. She just seemed not to be feeling well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Sat at a table with my lady's chair right by a gas heater. The shrimp and crab dip with homemade crackers was very good! My Girl ordered a chicken dish which took a long time. Chef came out to the table and said the chicken he had was overdone and it would take some time to cook some more. You will spend at least $50 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and eleganceciookitrioDined on 2/15/2014Fine dining combined with excellent service and elegant ambience has made this my favorite Fayetteville restaurant. On this visit the Chilean sea bass our server recommended was incredible, and the signature chicken dish was a big hit. We discovered a Catena Malbec that went well with all of our dinners, at a very affordable price. The creme brulee with berries for dessert was a perfect ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet Mignon or Roast Beef?JohnDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I had dinner at the Hilltop House this past weekend. The restaurant is very nice and the wait staff was very courteous. However, the food was sub par at best. I ordered the Filet Mignon cooked rare, and I was very excited to experience this $40 cut of meat, however I was severely disappointed when it arrived. My filet was overcooked, but the bigger issue was the quality of the meat, it tasted more like a cut of roast beef than a premium steak. Very disappointed!
- GreatmfergDined on 2/14/2014This was a lovely brunch for my wife on valentines daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally something fresh!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014So hard to find fresh food! definitely a chef in that kitchen making every component instead of using frozen/processed items. Love this place lil pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.