Hillside Supper Club
300 Precita Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Hillside Supper Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hillsidesupperclub.com/
- Phone: 4152856005x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm (Closed Tuesdays), Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Tony Ferrari and Jonathan Sutton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: For catering info, please email email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We host many private dinners; whether it is 10 people or more, we can create a menu that will suit everyone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on our private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan x
- Cross Street: Folsom
- Public Transit: From Bart- 24th Street Mission Bart Station. Walk down 24th Street, take a right on Folsom leading to Bernal Hill. We are located on the corner of Folsom and Precita at 300 Precita Ave.
From Muni- Depending on which muni stop, locate Folsom Street. Take Folsom Street toward Bernal Hill (South), 'til you have reached Folsom and Precita.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is the best option.
A word from Hillside Supper Club
Hillside Supper Club is a little gem restaurant with a hands-on approach to food and wine. Tucked away on the North slope of Bernal Hill, Chef/Owners Tony Ferrari and Jonathan Sutton use classic old-world traditions to fabricate a menu embracing the importance of our seasons. A Supper Club where everyone is welcome; never stuffy, always comfortable. Come as strangers, leave as friends…Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hillside Supper Club reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (54)good for groups (21)romantic (18)great for brunch (17)special occasion (15)notable wine list (13)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- dontdiewonderingtryitonceVIPDined on 9/10/2014I was disappointed that the menu was very similar to the last time I ate there. I expected there to be more new appetizers and mains. What we had was fine. I'd go back, maybe, but not until the season changes. Overall it was good, but not all that interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyItismeDined on 9/7/2014We went for a celebration brunch. Everyone was nice. Good was yummy. We didn't feel rushed. Parking was easy. It was a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/24/2014Stay in area on vacation and at the top of the street was his gem for brunch. The open kitchen was a show. All of the staff were attentive . The trout cake was perfect. Could have not have found a better spot. We need to back for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome neighborhood gem!HonestVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was unreal. Everything we consumed was fantastic. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- A tad disappointedopstopDined on 8/22/2014I went there two weeks before and was really pleased by everything. I was on a Sunday night, very few table occupied, maybe that was the reason. So I came back last Friday, with friends to whom I had raved about the place. The restaurant was packed, the noise was barely bearable. I had almost the same menu, but everything was slightly less tasty. That includes the wine (Pineau d'Aunis) that I had found amazing last time, and was disappointing too, a bit fizzy. We almost returned it.Special Features:
- Cute neighborhood placeGinnaBDined on 8/13/2014We went here on a whim after a bad day at work. Nothing improves a day more than comfort food and wine! The duck pot pie was glorious (but could be improved by a bottom crust!) and our server suggested a good wine to pair that wouldn't break the bank. Overall, a great little place that's super close to our apartment. I'm excited to come back and try some of the other menu items.Special Features:
- Great surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2014Wasn't sure what to expect from a "Supper Club" in the neighborhood. Was pleasantly surprised to find a charming restaurant with great food and no pretense! I'll be back, often!Special Features:
- I'm in loveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/11/2014We celebrated our anniversary with our first trip Hillside Supper Club. We were treated like royalty, but also like family. The food -- especially the duck pot pie -- was incredible. The service was lovely and friendly, and the ambiance was comfy and homey. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely neighborhood spotChortlesVIPDined on 8/11/2014Hillside is a wonderful dining experience - and "supper club" is the perfect summary. The food is delicious and rotates frequently, the wine list is unique, and service is charming. Their pot pie is worth traveling for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemTravel2RecruitVIPDined on 8/8/2014There are many reasons to love this neighborhood gem in Noe Valley: easy street parking, view of charming park across the street, very friendly and helpful service, inventive and delicious menu items, very comfortable, light-filled atmosphere. This team of former Cincinnatians (and non) really work hard to enhance your dining experience without breaking a sweat. I intend to return every trip back to SF, which is twice a month, and am looking forward to sampling their brunch.Special Features:
- Friendly placeEllenVIPDined on 8/4/2014This restaurant has a nice ambience because everyone is so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experienceGlobetrotterDinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014Hillside Supper Club is simply a fantastic restaurant. Charm and character is what the atmosphere possesses and it is only enhanced by the friendly service and familiarity of the 2 brother team of Tony (the chef) and Austen (dining room) that run the establishment. You feel like 'this is your place.' The food is definitely fit for foodies with its creative flair yet simple approach I found it superb. We were a party of 5 so we got to try almost everything on the menu and there wasn't one disappointing item. The chicken was one of the best I have ever had, halibut was sensational and the duck pot pie comforting...just like mom's! Desserts are to be missed especially the house made ice creams with their unusual flavors such as cantaloupe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, quiet spot at a hidden gem.gamma889Dined on 7/28/2014I surprised my significant other with this delicious dinner along with our 11 month infant. To begin with, we got a nice small starter dish, a mini cracker with fresh cut peach and a pick of cilantro. For appetizers, we ordered 2 dishes: meatballs and clams. Both were pretty delicious! For our main entrees, she ordered duck pot pie while I ordered halibut dish. Duck pie pot was easily the best dish of all as we did devour it very much. Halibut was little dry yet it was presented well with its corn sauce and a blend of fresh olives. Our host was very friendly with Zy throughout our dinner and tried her best to keep her entertained. Definitely will come again once Zy's a toddler!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit on the hillJGC1VIPDined on 7/25/2014Delicious fresh light tasting good favors, well prepared and plated. Very pleasant service, fun ambiance.Special Features:
- great neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014Love this place for it's great combination of local food, relaxed but attentive service and great atmosphere, tucked into a residential neighborhood in Bernal HeightsSpecial Features:
- Nice little jointChet78VIPDined on 7/18/2014The overall experience was good. The meat ball appetizer was tasty. The Halibut entree was really good as well. The TCHO chocolate pudding was to die for. Will highly recommend that.Special Features:
- Nicely done in a great spotDinerSFVIPDined on 7/16/2014Loved it-well done from start to finish. The menu is appropriate and therefore has 4 entrees and about 10 small plates. What they do they do well and that is what matters. Of notice was that the menu was exactly what I saw online when making a reservation the day before. An annoyance is when the menu online and what you find when you show up are different. Although I realize that availability of ingredients changes, keeping it up-to-date as best as possible is important and they did that. Like the menu, the wine list is brief but VERY well done with a great mix by the glass or bottle. There is no need for 100 bottles or 50 glasses when you can have 30 varied by the bottle and 8 varied by the glass-all! Looking forward to next time!Special Features:
- Excellent ChickenkatielouDined on 7/13/2014This small restaurant is in a cute neighborhood. The menu is limited, but my husband and I liked what we had. He had the liver mousse appetizer and enjoyed it but for the cherry gelee. I had the quinoa cress salad. It was very nice with lots of good ingredients. Still, I would have preferred a smaller size, or just a simple tossed salad as a starter. We both had the Parmesan crusted chicken, and it was great. The outside was crunchy and the inside moist. Later, the chef/owner came and spoke to us. He explained how he made the chicken and we chatted about food very easily. Sometimes these chef encounters are awkward, but this one was not.Special Features:
- Lovely placeLazySurferDined on 7/10/2014I've eaten here three or four times since it opened, and I'm always pleased. Lovely room: peaceful, buoyant, casual. The food's always solid-to-excellent and I can always have a conversation here. It's a great anti-dote to the loud high-pressure vibe of comparable restaurants elsewhere in San Francisco.Special Features:
- Nice surpriserwasiriusDined on 7/6/2014Had heard about this place for a while and finally remembered to stop and try it out. Nice place, pleasant neighborhood, good service, food was interesting and tasty. Prices reasonable. We plan on going backSpecial Features:
- Fun neighborhood jointHannaVIPDined on 7/2/2014Menu is unique, service a bit slow -not enough waiters-seemed a little overwhelmed. Very fun neighborhood place -would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative unpretentious high qualitySloanwallVIPDined on 7/2/2014the decor is not the point. The food is outstanding and varied for a small menu. Small wine list, but varied, creative, and not expensive. Service very attentive. An informal place for a nice quiet dinner just far enough from the Mission hotspots that you can find parking and have a relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Magic in the KitchenTreblemakerDined on 6/30/2014This quiet little corner joint in Precita Park (SF) is worthy. Initially I was dissuaded by a seemingly uninteresting and limited menu but what came out of that kitchen was food that had love and magic in it. The combination of flavors was terrific - (Grilled squid with a Chorizo sauce? it rocked!) Service was great and desert was good and reasonably priced. My only grief is with the existential cost of Wine in this ridiculously expensive town. It shouldn't cost 10 bucks for 3 ounces of wine - but that's not this restaurant's fault... I liked this place!Special Features:
- Best dinner and dessert ever!FoodieVIPDined on 6/26/2014Amazing food. The chocolate pudding with salted caramel and smoked cream was the best dessert I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okaychipdVIPDined on 6/18/2014Went there for the first time in June for a birthday dinner. It's a neighbohood place we had wanted to try, and were excited to go. The food was good, not spectacular, but perfectly good. However, the menu is extremely limited with only 4 entrees and no specials the night we were there. The beverage menu is also extremely limited. We had pretty poor service, but that can ebb and flow with individual staff members (to be fair, our dirty dishes were bussed quickly and our water refilled often, but our server was rarely to be found and not very responsive). If someone invited us to go there with them - sure, it was fine. But for a place where entrees cost in the $20s, we have eaten at restaurants that are better choices in this price range.
- Terrific spottryitonceVIPDined on 6/12/2014We had a great dinner. The food was fresh and inventive with interesting combinations. The depth of the menu was surprising. I'll go back and would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food & Great Service!kopkunkaDined on 6/7/2014I absolutely loved the food and service here - everything we tasted was delicious and the serve was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitHungryVIPDined on 6/7/2014Waited half hour for a table even though we had reservation - but the food made the wait worth it. The dishes are what you would expect from a modern "pop up" restaurant with a hipster bent - but all very well executed. Excellent and unusual wines which the waiter did a great job of helping us find. Would most certainly go backSpecial Features:
- I love this placeSparkleDined on 6/5/2014The food, the service, the wine. Everything about this place is top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFoodiesfDined on 5/31/2014Very fresh and innovative selections. Great service. Low noise level permitted a good conversation with dear friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food with a varied menuthecaperedcrusaderDined on 5/30/2014The food at hillside supper club is amazing. Delicious and subtle flavors were found in every dish. Highly recommend to anybody I know to go try it out. I also really liked that the offerings on the menu were just the right amount to give you a choice but not too many for you to feel overwhelmed. The Cornish game hen with bacon and egg is so well cooked, and the appetizers and focaccia are really good too.Special Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the Hillside Supper Club reviews archive.
- Gets better everytimestellamaris1031Dined on 5/11/2014Went for mother's day dinner with some out of town guests. They were delighted and so were we. Been enjoying this place since it popped up on Precita Park. They've really hit their stride. Great menu, wonderful service and no pressure. If you go for brunch, try the goetta. It's wonderful.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemChortlesVIPDined on 5/10/2014Delicious inventive food that is always solid and delicious. Their pot pies are fantastic and the fresh pastas delicious. Highly recommended. We just moved around the corner and it is a wonderful favorite whether you live here or not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Hillside Supper CluboutnaboutDined on 5/9/2014Hillside Supper Club has a lovely outlook to Precita Park, and the interior of the restaurant is warm and charming with mason jar light fixtures and high ceilings. Overall the food was good, though my pasta was a little salty. One of our party had the goat pot pie which was excellent. We found the service to be only adequate. We waited an hour for the main course which seemed overly long. I noticed other diners also craning their necks toward the kitchen hoping for their main courses to arrive as well, so it was not just our table that had the long wait. Seems like the kitchen could use more help.Special Features:
- Charming and deliciousTogabunnyGVIPDined on 5/7/2014This was a friend's pick, and it was a good pick! I was surprised at how calm it was; it's definitely a neighborhood place, with people at the bar and small tables. It wasn't hard to make a reservation for 5 guests. And it was delicious. I tried the goat pot pie, which had a good crust. The table shared a lot of small places, and it was delicious. I was especially a fan of the braised cheek and the duck mousse. I would definitely come again!Special Features:
- Nice flavors but lack cohesionSassyakoDined on 5/4/2014I went with a girlfriend to catch up over dinner last week. We were seated promptly by the window. The ambiance is nice, very charming and quaint. Our server came right away and introduced us to the specials. I ordered the lamb belly appetizer which was the special of the evening. The lamb was tender and the flavor of the individual components were nice. However, there is a lack of something that ties the individual flavors together. For the entree we ordered vegetarian and again the flavors were one dimensional. Overall not bad but I was just expecting a little more. I would come again to try something different and see if it makes a difference. It is a very cute place and good for dates or catching up with a small group of friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Great food, super friendly service. The wine list wasn't huge, but the wines we tried were super delicious. The meatballs and foccaccia are soooooo good, and both of those are always on the menu, even when the rest of the menu changes with seasonality.Special Features:
- deliciousWendyDined on 5/2/2014The food was wonderful. We arrived with our two year old grandson and found the restaurant very accommodating.. The food was fantastic and unusual: grilled sardine! pasta with nettle pesto, and the best, goat pot pie!! Our grandson proved hiself a true foodie and enjoyed it all. By 7:30, it was couples time as families left, romance begins. A great neighorhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!ReneeDined on 5/1/2014Lovely setting for a palate-pleasing experience! Food was nicely presented and the TCHO pudding was a delicious finale!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and deliciousLeslieinSFDined on 4/27/2014This was our first time at Hillside Supper Club, even though we just live in the neighborhood. I like that the decor is unfussy but the food is exquisite and inventive. Unpretentious. High-quality ingredients. Good wine. Can't wait to return.Special Features: