Hillside Supper Club
300 Precita Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Hillside Supper Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hillsidesupperclub.com/
- Phone: (415) 285-6005
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm (Closed Tuesdays), Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Tony Ferrari and Jonathan Sutton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: For catering info, please email email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We host many private dinners; whether it is 10 people or more, we can create a menu that will suit everyone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on our private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan x
- Cross Street: Folsom
- Public Transit: From Bart- 24th Street Mission Bart Station. Walk down 24th Street, take a right on Folsom leading to Bernal Hill. We are located on the corner of Folsom and Precita at 300 Precita Ave.
From Muni- Depending on which muni stop, locate Folsom Street. Take Folsom Street toward Bernal Hill (South), 'til you have reached Folsom and Precita.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is the best option.
A word from Hillside Supper Club
Hillside Supper Club is a little gem restaurant with a hands-on approach to food and wine. Tucked away on the North slope of Bernal Hill, Chef/Owners Tony Ferrari and Jonathan Sutton use classic old-world traditions to fabricate a menu embracing the importance of our seasons. A Supper Club where everyone is welcome; never stuffy, always comfortable. Come as strangers, leave as friends…Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hillside Supper Club reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (48)romantic (19)good for groups (15)special occasion (12)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- kcbernstVIPDined on 11/22/2014this is our first time at Hillside Supper Club. We found the atmosphere very congenial, nice neighborhood feel. Food was very good. Definitely would come back here and am interested in checking out the brunch as well.Special Features:
- Perfect spot for girls' nightPunkasaurusDined on 11/15/2014Took some girlfriends here for a night out and had an amazing time. The wine list was extensive, the food was phenomenal (especially enjoyed the cod and the pasta), and the service was great. At the end of our meal, the chef even stopped by to check in and say hi. (LOVE personalized service!) We thanked him profusely for an exceptional dinner and told him we'll definitely be back soon. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more...Mama2GizmoDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I were excited to try the Hillside Supper Club. The location on the corner of Precita Park seemed great and the space was charming. However, we were both a little disappointed in the food. The menu was pretty limited (only 4 entrees available) and we both felt that our appetizers and entrees were lacking. We expected a real foodie experience, but it didn't quite measure up. The ambiance, however, was very warm, and there were many groups and families with small babies, along with a few other couples.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableScruziraDined on 11/5/2014Took my honey to Hillside Supper Club for her birthday. We wanted someplace quiet and special and it delivered on both counts. We had a mid-week 7:00 reservation and were seated as soon as we arrived. On the table was a menu signed by all of the staff with birthday wishes that was a nice touch. The menu, while limited, was more than adequate for our tastes. The food was superb and very reasonably priced. Service was appropriately attentive. This is a great neighborhood venue in Bernal Heights and we will very likely return to try their brunch and lunch menus. I'm glad we discovered Hillside Supper Club. We will highly recommend it to others seeking a special dining experience in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome spot in the Mission areaSDHBDined on 10/25/2014LOVE this little gem! We seriously LOVE this place--the service is always good, and the food is perfection! Thanks!Special Features:
- Great restaurant!karangaDined on 10/24/2014Good was as delicious as it was innovative. Impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pluperfect!LiveToEatVIPDined on 10/10/2014We found this little gem on OpenTable and are happy to add our review to those that caught our eyes. We were running a bit late (Obama in town, Fleet Week, Columbus Day Weekend, etc.,) and when I called to let them know we were stuck in traffic, they assured us they'd keep our table and told us not to worry. We were sat immediately on arrival, and taken care of by a knowledgeable and friendly waiter. We four ordered different entrees and shared bites. Everything was wonderful - expertly prepared and beautifully presented. The mussels were the best I've had in a good long time, and the black cod was amazing. The wine list is well thought out, and our waiter happy to help us choose. It was a perfect night and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/9/2014We went on the recommendation of a friend who lives in the neighborhood. Yes, this is a neighborhood place, but the service is really outstanding, the wine list well thought out, and the food quite good. We are still talking about the roasted carrots and the the mussels. The duck liver mousse was a real treat and the rabbit pot pie was delicious and interesting. We live in Marin and it's a trek to get here but we'd come back. It's a neighborhood place that provides good food and good service, at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Good enough for a repeat!eaterincDined on 10/5/2014The brunch menu is pretty simple and slim, but what they do, they do well! Their trout cake, croque monsieur, and biscuits and gravy were all executed to perfection, as was their french toast. Nothing fancy, but home made goodness...I'll be back there again, soon!Special Features:
- Misleading hoursPeterVIPDined on 9/28/2014We made a reservation for 8:45, and the restaurant's hours on Sunday are open until 9pm. We thought that meant that 9pm was the latest time a new seating would be accomodated. Apparently that's not correct; 9pm is when the kitchen closes, so a reservation at 8:45pm is meaningless, because you won't be able to actually get any food! The restaurant should correct this and list the last time they will take a new table to avoid such surprises in the future.Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchWheelsaVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have wanted to go to Hillside for awhile and finally made a reservation for brunch. We tried a couple of dishes: the brioche french toast, the goetta with added egg, avo, bacon and sauce and the trout cake. All of the dishes were great. I thought that the trout cake was an interesting spin on the typical lox for brunch dish. We all plan to return for brunch again and for dinner.Special Features:
- a new neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/21/2014Friends of ours had recommended Hillside a few months ago, and I wish we had tried it as soon as they did. It's wonderful on all accounts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dontdiewonderingtryitonceVIPDined on 9/10/2014I was disappointed that the menu was very similar to the last time I ate there. I expected there to be more new appetizers and mains. What we had was fine. I'd go back, maybe, but not until the season changes. Overall it was good, but not all that interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyItismeDined on 9/7/2014We went for a celebration brunch. Everyone was nice. Good was yummy. We didn't feel rushed. Parking was easy. It was a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumSupperClubSFVIPDined on 9/5/2014Just discovered this gem. Outstanding food with very creative dishes. So good, in fact, that we ordered take out the next day and a week later. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/24/2014Stay in area on vacation and at the top of the street was his gem for brunch. The open kitchen was a show. All of the staff were attentive . The trout cake was perfect. Could have not have found a better spot. We need to back for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome neighborhood gem!HonestVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was unreal. Everything we consumed was fantastic. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- A tad disappointedopstopDined on 8/22/2014I went there two weeks before and was really pleased by everything. I was on a Sunday night, very few table occupied, maybe that was the reason. So I came back last Friday, with friends to whom I had raved about the place. The restaurant was packed, the noise was barely bearable. I had almost the same menu, but everything was slightly less tasty. That includes the wine (Pineau d'Aunis) that I had found amazing last time, and was disappointing too, a bit fizzy. We almost returned it.Special Features:
- Cute neighborhood placeGinnaBDined on 8/13/2014We went here on a whim after a bad day at work. Nothing improves a day more than comfort food and wine! The duck pot pie was glorious (but could be improved by a bottom crust!) and our server suggested a good wine to pair that wouldn't break the bank. Overall, a great little place that's super close to our apartment. I'm excited to come back and try some of the other menu items.Special Features:
- Great surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2014Wasn't sure what to expect from a "Supper Club" in the neighborhood. Was pleasantly surprised to find a charming restaurant with great food and no pretense! I'll be back, often!Special Features:
- I'm in loveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/11/2014We celebrated our anniversary with our first trip Hillside Supper Club. We were treated like royalty, but also like family. The food -- especially the duck pot pie -- was incredible. The service was lovely and friendly, and the ambiance was comfy and homey. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely neighborhood spotChortlesVIPDined on 8/11/2014Hillside is a wonderful dining experience - and "supper club" is the perfect summary. The food is delicious and rotates frequently, the wine list is unique, and service is charming. Their pot pie is worth traveling for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemTravel2RecruitVIPDined on 8/8/2014There are many reasons to love this neighborhood gem in Noe Valley: easy street parking, view of charming park across the street, very friendly and helpful service, inventive and delicious menu items, very comfortable, light-filled atmosphere. This team of former Cincinnatians (and non) really work hard to enhance your dining experience without breaking a sweat. I intend to return every trip back to SF, which is twice a month, and am looking forward to sampling their brunch.Special Features:
- Friendly placeEllenVIPDined on 8/4/2014This restaurant has a nice ambience because everyone is so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experienceGlobetrotterDinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014Hillside Supper Club is simply a fantastic restaurant. Charm and character is what the atmosphere possesses and it is only enhanced by the friendly service and familiarity of the 2 brother team of Tony (the chef) and Austen (dining room) that run the establishment. You feel like 'this is your place.' The food is definitely fit for foodies with its creative flair yet simple approach I found it superb. We were a party of 5 so we got to try almost everything on the menu and there wasn't one disappointing item. The chicken was one of the best I have ever had, halibut was sensational and the duck pot pie comforting...just like mom's! Desserts are to be missed especially the house made ice creams with their unusual flavors such as cantaloupe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Hillside Supper Club reviews archive.
- Great, quiet spot at a hidden gem.gamma889Dined on 7/28/2014I surprised my significant other with this delicious dinner along with our 11 month infant. To begin with, we got a nice small starter dish, a mini cracker with fresh cut peach and a pick of cilantro. For appetizers, we ordered 2 dishes: meatballs and clams. Both were pretty delicious! For our main entrees, she ordered duck pot pie while I ordered halibut dish. Duck pie pot was easily the best dish of all as we did devour it very much. Halibut was little dry yet it was presented well with its corn sauce and a blend of fresh olives. Our host was very friendly with Zy throughout our dinner and tried her best to keep her entertained. Definitely will come again once Zy's a toddler!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit on the hillJGC1VIPDined on 7/25/2014Delicious fresh light tasting good favors, well prepared and plated. Very pleasant service, fun ambiance.Special Features:
- great neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014Love this place for it's great combination of local food, relaxed but attentive service and great atmosphere, tucked into a residential neighborhood in Bernal HeightsSpecial Features:
- Nice little jointChet78VIPDined on 7/18/2014The overall experience was good. The meat ball appetizer was tasty. The Halibut entree was really good as well. The TCHO chocolate pudding was to die for. Will highly recommend that.Special Features:
- Nicely done in a great spotDinerSFVIPDined on 7/16/2014Loved it-well done from start to finish. The menu is appropriate and therefore has 4 entrees and about 10 small plates. What they do they do well and that is what matters. Of notice was that the menu was exactly what I saw online when making a reservation the day before. An annoyance is when the menu online and what you find when you show up are different. Although I realize that availability of ingredients changes, keeping it up-to-date as best as possible is important and they did that. Like the menu, the wine list is brief but VERY well done with a great mix by the glass or bottle. There is no need for 100 bottles or 50 glasses when you can have 30 varied by the bottle and 8 varied by the glass-all! Looking forward to next time!Special Features:
- Excellent ChickenkatielouDined on 7/13/2014This small restaurant is in a cute neighborhood. The menu is limited, but my husband and I liked what we had. He had the liver mousse appetizer and enjoyed it but for the cherry gelee. I had the quinoa cress salad. It was very nice with lots of good ingredients. Still, I would have preferred a smaller size, or just a simple tossed salad as a starter. We both had the Parmesan crusted chicken, and it was great. The outside was crunchy and the inside moist. Later, the chef/owner came and spoke to us. He explained how he made the chicken and we chatted about food very easily. Sometimes these chef encounters are awkward, but this one was not.Special Features:
- Lovely placeLazySurferDined on 7/10/2014I've eaten here three or four times since it opened, and I'm always pleased. Lovely room: peaceful, buoyant, casual. The food's always solid-to-excellent and I can always have a conversation here. It's a great anti-dote to the loud high-pressure vibe of comparable restaurants elsewhere in San Francisco.Special Features:
- Nice surpriserwasiriusDined on 7/6/2014Had heard about this place for a while and finally remembered to stop and try it out. Nice place, pleasant neighborhood, good service, food was interesting and tasty. Prices reasonable. We plan on going backSpecial Features:
- Fun neighborhood jointHannaVIPDined on 7/2/2014Menu is unique, service a bit slow -not enough waiters-seemed a little overwhelmed. Very fun neighborhood place -would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative unpretentious high qualitySloanwallVIPDined on 7/2/2014the decor is not the point. The food is outstanding and varied for a small menu. Small wine list, but varied, creative, and not expensive. Service very attentive. An informal place for a nice quiet dinner just far enough from the Mission hotspots that you can find parking and have a relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Magic in the KitchenTreblemakerDined on 6/30/2014This quiet little corner joint in Precita Park (SF) is worthy. Initially I was dissuaded by a seemingly uninteresting and limited menu but what came out of that kitchen was food that had love and magic in it. The combination of flavors was terrific - (Grilled squid with a Chorizo sauce? it rocked!) Service was great and desert was good and reasonably priced. My only grief is with the existential cost of Wine in this ridiculously expensive town. It shouldn't cost 10 bucks for 3 ounces of wine - but that's not this restaurant's fault... I liked this place!Special Features:
- Best dinner and dessert ever!FoodieVIPDined on 6/26/2014Amazing food. The chocolate pudding with salted caramel and smoked cream was the best dessert I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okaychipdVIPDined on 6/18/2014Went there for the first time in June for a birthday dinner. It's a neighbohood place we had wanted to try, and were excited to go. The food was good, not spectacular, but perfectly good. However, the menu is extremely limited with only 4 entrees and no specials the night we were there. The beverage menu is also extremely limited. We had pretty poor service, but that can ebb and flow with individual staff members (to be fair, our dirty dishes were bussed quickly and our water refilled often, but our server was rarely to be found and not very responsive). If someone invited us to go there with them - sure, it was fine. But for a place where entrees cost in the $20s, we have eaten at restaurants that are better choices in this price range.
- Terrific spottryitonceVIPDined on 6/12/2014We had a great dinner. The food was fresh and inventive with interesting combinations. The depth of the menu was surprising. I'll go back and would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food & Great Service!kopkunkaDined on 6/7/2014I absolutely loved the food and service here - everything we tasted was delicious and the serve was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.