hiko-A-mon Modern Japanese Sushi Bar & Fish Market
1115 Herr Lane
Louisville, KY 40222Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
hiko-A-mon Modern Japanese Sushi Bar & Fish Market
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://hikoamon.com/
- Phone: 5023651651
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 2:00pm - 11:00 pm, and Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Hiko Nakanishi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two special private rooms. One is called "Ozashiki" which is a very nice Japanese style private room, and yes, you will be asked to take off your shoes and sit on the floor. It will be held many functions for up to 16. If you have a great birthday or family party, "Ozashiki" will be the best fit for you. If you need to impress your clients, we have another private dining room. It will be held up to 11 people and available for the business meeting. Also, this private room is perfect for your family event. It's really comfortable, so you will be relaxed with your family. If you are interested in these private dining rooms, please call us ASAP for information on booking availability.
- Entertainment: We have a happy hour from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. everyday. All glass wines, Sapporo draft beer and Hakushika draft sake are a half price during a happy hour. Also, appetizer specials are $3.50 each, and sushi special (1 roll and 5 nigiri) is $11.95. Please contact us for more details and make a reservation for a happy hour now!
- Special Events: Happy Hour Everyday!!!
Now you can see our menu at Facebook, so check our Facebook page!
We are a member of Louisville Originals. You can earn and/or redeem Louisville Originals points at hiko-A-mon!
- Cross Street: Westport Road
- Public Transit: The Westport Village is off the newly expanded Westport Road between Herr Lane and Lyndon Lane, just east of I-264, 3 miles south of I-71, five miles west of 265 and 2 miles north of I-64. hiko-A-mon is located at the south part of the village (next to Gattiland).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Westport Village offers a public lot to all tenants in the Westport Village, so there is always plenty of metered parking available.
A word from hiko-A-mon Modern Japanese Sushi Bar & Fish Market
hiko-A-mon is a dining experience like traditional yet modern Japanese influenced by European and South East Asia. The menu features modern Japanese dishes as well as signature offerings inspired by traditional restaurants in Kyoto, Japan, where chef hiko was born and grown up. Also, hiko-A-mon has a noticeable wine list as well as a sake and shochu list. This is because Chef Hiko has a passion for wine. You can enjoy nice Japanese dishes with nice wine, sake and shochu. hiko-A-mon’s environment is well-suited to singles, couples and families. The sushi bar seats up to twelve guests, there are three special booths that seats six guests each, and there are bench-sheet tables up to sixteen guests. Private dinning room is available to accommodate up to 10 guests, and a "Ozashiki" room is available to accommodate up to 16 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
hiko-A-mon Modern Japanese Sushi Bar & Fish Market - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
hiko-A-mon Modern Japanese Sushi Bar & Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (17)good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)romantic (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent SushiLuvsushiDined on 9/13/2014Very fresh Sushi, I would definitely go back. Nice atmosphere with very good service.Special Features:
- Fabulous once againEbrnDined on 9/5/2014This is the bar by which I judge all other sushi. Wine and beer list are extensive. Service is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Atmosphere - Elegant FoodEnglishHistoryGirlVIPDined on 9/5/2014Wasn't sure what to expect even after reading reviews so I was in for a treat. A breath of fresh air in the suburbs, it is welcoming to both adults and children (and they were very well behaved which I appreciated). The service was top-notch: attentive without being overbearing. But it is the FOOD which is superb. Tried a nice sampling. From the soothing cosmopolitan from the bar, to the perfectly seared gyoza; the unusual but lovely shrimp dumpling soup hit the spot. The Angel Shrimp roll I believe it was called was a near work of art, along with the 3 pieces of sashimi (salmon, shrimp, yellow tail) I chose, but it was all very filling despite the delicacy. And what about that edible shrimp head on the side? Clever! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceGreatVIPDined on 8/25/2014We have been here several times and each time the service has been excellent, the food has been very well prepared and tasty and the bar is fully stocked. I would recommend this restaurant for special occassions, business client dinners, etc. And try the plum wine - it's very good!
- Best Restaurant EverBintoBoxFanaticDined on 8/23/2014So, I was a bit cautious coming in, because I'd been to quite a few 'Japanese' restaurants, that ended up turning out to feel more Americanized. Hiko-a-mon was different. The atmosphere felt traditional. The way they served us - Meaning the dishes, etc, felt authentic. The food was prepared and displayed in a way that if I hadn't known better, I would've sworn I was in Japan. The food is amazing, the staff is amazing, the atmosphere was fantastic. I'll definitely be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not disappointmentsGreatVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food is good, service is good, drinks are good, price is good.Special Features:
- Great SushiBillDined on 8/7/2014Very creative offerings and tasted wonderful. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location / Food / ServiceGreatVIPDined on 8/4/2014We enjoyed our meals, drinks, and service! The food was very flavourful and nice sized servings. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- AuthenicJoeWVIPDined on 8/2/2014We eat here frequently. Food is always good. A lot of Japanese natives eat here. Has two separate rooms for groups, including one traditional Japanese room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent sushiDAG52VIPDined on 7/19/2014We always come back for the sushi. Fresh, creative and best presentation.Special Features:
- Beautiful, delicious sushiFoodgalVDined on 7/12/2014Restaurant is beautiful and waitstaff efficient and knowledgable. Food was outstanding and the presentation of sushi top notch. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who values sushi. Appetizers are excellent as well, particularly the avocado seafood gratin, as are the salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiLA2KYFoodieVIPDined on 7/3/2014The food was as good as ever. The sushi is great and the ginger salad is wonderful. The service was much slower than usual this time, though.Special Features:
- A man and his boyHappyDined on 7/1/2014My husband loves steak and our son loves sushi ---- both were very happy with their food - the mom and girlfriend like both with good wine so we were happy too!Special Features:
- Solid offering, not a faveDeph2Dined on 6/28/2014We had a variety of sushi roll offerings (6 rolls), as well as the tuna tataki and the agedashi tofu. While I have only positive things to say about the experience, the restaurant didn't displace any of my current sushi faves around town. Most of the food was very good, but didn't exceed any expectations; granted, we have exceptional sushi in town. I will give special mention to two items that are worth trying. The agedashi tofu, especially the mushroom preparation, was unique and quite well done. Also, Hiko-a-mon does something distinct in the spicing of their spicy crab (no idea what) that made the yum-yum roll one of the best I've tried; your mileage may vary depending on whether you also like the flavor variation.Special Features:
- OutstandingKYdiner71VIPDined on 6/27/2014First time here, we will definitely be back. Service was just average, not awful, but a little slow. Both our meals were excellent, and the sushi is best we've had in Louisville.Special Features:
- excellent time after timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Hiko-A-mon sushi is consistently best in town. The variety and creativity of sushi rolls with pairing sauces, freshness of fish, fast and friendly service makes this place an A+.Special Features:
- Great Experience!Flash1963Dined on 6/9/2014The food was exceptional! The staff and management were friendly and promptSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable diningfoodforthought1Dined on 6/7/2014Food service price all great. Always enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiGoodfood456Dined on 6/6/2014The fish was excellent. Really fresh and good variety of rolls. Fun for the family.
- Great lunchStacyRoofDined on 6/5/2014We celebrated my birthday. Hiko is a KRA member and we love to patronize member restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Japanese in LouisvilleJoeWVIPDined on 6/4/2014Heads and shoulders above the other Japanese restaurants in Louisville. Great value at Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Once again greatTheDavidDined on 5/24/2014My third visit to hiko-A-mon was every bit as good as the two previous ones. This time I was more adventurous - as were the others; I ordered the delicious whole broiled octopus as an appetizer and others ordered the Westport sushi, which we all sampled. The service was especially deft and timely. All of your staff are well trained and highly professional. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SushiPassionforfoodDined on 5/24/2014We have had the good fortune to dine at hiko-A-mon on two occasions. There is no doubt that we will return many more times over the coming years. The seaweed salad is exceptional and not weighed down by masses of wilted lettuce. The tempura is light, perfectly fried, and delicious. Then comes the sushi. From the excellent choice in rolls, to my favorite the nigiri, you will not be disappointed. The salmon, tuna, scallops, and clam are some of the best in the city. Service is observant and intuitive in recognizing your every need, but never obtrusive. Writing this, I cannot wait for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1MarieDined on 5/23/2014Was recommended and loved it !! Happy hour is till 6:30 a plusSpecial Features:
- Best sushi in townBmwillVIPDined on 5/20/2014You won't find better sushi in louisville! Always fresh and perfectly prepared. Also has amazing soba noodle soups and hibachi style fried rice. I eat here like once a week!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 154 reviews are from the hiko-A-mon Modern Japanese Sushi Bar & Fish Market reviews archive.
- Birthday delightDAG52VIPDined on 5/9/2014We entertained friends for her birthday and she was delighted. Wonderful choice and evening.Special Features:
- Best sushi in LouisvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014Great variety, super fresh every time, great service, not over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in townJoeWVIPDined on 5/8/2014My wife and I visited this little gem located in far east end of Westport Village on a Thursday evening. The house salad was typical iceberg lettuce usually found in a Japanese Restaurant. However, the salad dressing has a zing to it that made it outstanding. My wife had the Munch Crunch and I had the Westport Roll. Both were superb! We will definitely go back soon.Special Features:
- Bcrace12Bcrace12Dined on 5/1/2014Very good food with an extensive variety. Server was well informed about Japanese Cuisine. Service was prompt and pleasant. No negatives from this desk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raves all aroundTheDavidDined on 4/26/2014Two of us had been there before which is why I made the reservation. The others had nothing but solid raves all around. The service was exceptionally good and the food delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/18/2014Arrangements easy to make and when we arrived there was plenty of open tables. But, quickly everything filled up - not an open table to be had. The sushi bar was filled and the private rooms were taken. Clearly, everyone knows that hiko-A-mon is the place to be. Special wine list with great choices from California, Oregon, Australia, Europe, and beyond. Everything is top notch!Special Features:
- For the love of Sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2014The food and server was great. The only problem I had was the fact I made a reservation and was on time but they still gave away our table so we had to wait about 25 mins. I would probably go back again.Special Features:
- DeliciousLbgene01Dined on 4/4/2014My husband, "doesn't like sushi." Well, he didn't until he ate here. Every roll I've had here has been delicious. Never had fried sushi until recently and now I'm hooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014I just recently found out that I have a gluten allergy and that stuff is in everything including some sushi. I felt like the staff was very accommodating and if the weren't sure on something they double checked with the chef to make sure it would be safe for me to eat. They even brought out gluten free soy sauce! The sushi rolls were wonderful to say the least. I have found a new restaurant that I will definitely be going back to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ichiban sushimarcDined on 3/9/2014There are several good sushi places in Louisville. Hilo is great. Great location easy to get to.Special Features:
- FantasticmyreviewDined on 3/7/2014This is a restaurant we pick for special occassions. The food is fantastic as well as the service. No fake crab to be found here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!!!BPhocusedDined on 2/15/2014Went out for Valentines days,, Service was fast, food was great, and it was quiet enough that you could have an intimate conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MikeBDined on 1/29/2014The flavors they bring out in their sushi are amazing! The taste compares to Soppora, but does not have the specialty rolls that Soppora offers on a daily basis. We did not try any, but most of the tables around has had a heaping pile of stir fry to go with their sushi. extensive wine list. Overall this place is definitely worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food. Took a bitProspectrealtorDined on 1/26/2014Very good food. Took a bit long to get and the waitress never came back to check on us once we had our food. It was clear she had way to many tables to work. She was good but burdened with to many tables to give great service.
- Authentic!TracyCDined on 1/19/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner here. It's quiet and comfortable. Most of the patrons were Japanese, so this is the real deal apparently. I thought the food was very good and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.