Highpoint Bistro and Bar
216 7th Ave.
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Highpoint Bistro and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.highpointnyc.com/main.html
- Phone: 6464100120
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Steve Permaul
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Highpoint Bistro & Bar would gladly cater your next affair, whether it be a small office party or large affair, please inquire with management in regards to catering options.
- Cross Street: Between 23rd & 22nd Streets
- Public Transit: Take 1 train to 23rd and 7th avenue, C, E to 23rd and 8th avenue, and M7 & M20 bus stop on 23rd and 7th Ave. Take the path to 6th Ave. & 23rd St.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Three local garages located two on 22nd between 6th and 8th and one on 23rd between 6th and 7th.
A word from Highpoint Bistro and Bar
Highpoint Bistro & Bar is a modern American hangout with fun, interactive modern food that delivers "wow factor" in terms of both its quality and accessibility. We firmly believe in using fresh ingredients at Highpoint. In a modern New York mindset, it combines value, culinary edge and a sensibility, most of its ingredients coming from local farmers. By combining a comfortable, lively atmosphere, crowd pleasing quality eats, and a contemporary philosophy on food, the neighborhood can consider Highpoint a "feel at home spot."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Highpoint Bistro and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- The caramel dessert...JannaVIPDined on 8/9/2013...is to die for! We all had fun sharing it. Sorry to hear this place may be closing soon.... We all enjoyed our meals and the waiter was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful bartender-greatmblueDined on 8/3/2013Wonderful bartender-great drinks. We were a group of 11 and all our food came out at the same time and everyone enjoyed his/her meal. Those who ordered the salmon were especially pleased! The tuna tacos appetizers were great. The wait staff was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grazing in Chelsea? This is the palmyvueVIPDined on 7/30/2013Friendly service, fun menu, relaxed atmosphere, make this a perfect Chelsea neighborhood relax. Food not quite at the level as it once was, but fairly priced and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menu, great staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2013The innovative menu at Highpoint (my watermelon steak was delicious) was garnished by the fantastic service. I had an early dinner with friends, kids and baby included, and the staff helped keep everyone happy. The waiter even helped clean off my nieces purse after a soda spill.Special Features:
- Good Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2013We were two families with kids for Sunday brunch. The menu had something for everybody (including the kids). The prices were reasonable and the service was good. Good option in Chelsea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/19/2013Great Restaurant! We celebrated my birthday dinner with a large group of friends at Highpoint. Everyone at Highpoint was extremely accommodating, the service was excellent, and the food was delicious and very reasonably priced. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, if a bit noisyKielDined on 6/4/2013Lovely, that they can open the doors to the street, but the street is Seventh Ave – pick quieter hours, ask for a table where 2 can sit @ 90°, rather than across, etc. Food is very good, especially the tuna tartare taco appetizer (which would be easier to share, if there were four, rather than three), and the lobster Cobb salad (tho now rather pricey), and "Iceburger" salad (I had mine with chicken – will probably order a burger that way, on my next visit, as a better-than-most Celiac solution), are especially good. Nice, attentive, but unobtrusive, service, and warmed milk (or half-and-half, on request) with the on-the-table French press coffee is a really nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasant discovery!RogerDined on 5/20/2013What a pleasant discovery. Highpoint was the highpoint of our day. The watermelon steak was unique and frankly I was apprehensive about trying it initially. My friend's Sandwich was also great. Enjoyed the non rushed service! Will be back in a couple of weeks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIxed....JonPDined on 5/11/2013For starters I really dislike having a reservation. arriving on time, entering a partially filled restaurant and then being offered the worst table in the house. It took convincing to get a better table. Although the restaurant indicted vegan there were only a limited number of choices.. Food was good. Our waitress was great. Great food for a bar and meeting place for a small group.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location for Irish RepLouiVIPDined on 5/11/2013Good location for Irish Rep Theater or the Joyce. Food OK, had a burger, a little thin on the meat, good veggie entrees. Excellent for a quick decent meal. Lots of locals.
- Very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2013My co-worker and I went for a business meeting to this little gem. Although pricey, the service was excellent and the food was very tasty. We appreciated our servers knowledge of the menu. Recommended dish would be the wrap as it is made fresh to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Safe bet for a great brunchMichelinSearcherVIPDined on 4/28/2013Every time we go to NYC, we go to High Point for Sunday brunch. The food is excellent and the service is great. Michael is a fantastic waiter.Special Features:
- Awesome place for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013Awesome place for a group lunch. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not your mother's meatloafOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Not your mother's meatloaf served with mac and cheese and green beans was outstanding. The waitress recommended the porkchop which was one of her favorites, my husband loved it. Even the vegetables served with the entrees were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood RestaurantRogerVIPDined on 4/27/2013Great neighborhood Restaurant with awesome pricing! I love the "Not your mama's Meatloaf". Wines are cheap and taste great.Special Features:
- CHELSEA DELIGHTArnieDined on 4/26/2013HIGHPOINT BISTRO & BAR WAS AN UNEXPECTED DELIGHT. OUR MEAL WAS VERY GOOD. DESSERT WAS UNIQUE, FUN, AND TASTY. OUR WAITER WAS ATTENTIVE AND MADE GOOD SUGGESTIONS. THE BREAD WAS SERVED IN MINI SHOPPING CARTS WHICH WE THOUGHT WAS VERY CUTE. OVERALL IT WAS AN ENJOYABLE DINING EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place really isn't aJustBeeVIPDined on 4/23/2013This place really isn't a restaurant; it is a bar with just OK food.
- The food is merely OK ButmuffieVIPDined on 4/23/2013The food is merely OK But the smell from the men's room of urine is overpowering! Avoid at all costs..
- Totally SolidTrueNewNewYorkerVIPDined on 4/17/2013The food here is consistently delicious. Servers are competent, helpful, and affable. Totally solid, reasonably priced menu. Love this place.Special Features:
- I have been there severalPeggyVIPDined on 4/17/2013I have been there several times. This time I was a bit disappointed in the food. I brought a couple that had never been, and I had raved about the food in the past. But maybe a different chef mid-week? I've only eaten there on the weekends. Just sent my son there last Saturday and he liked it. But Wednesday's meal was a bit disappointing. Drinks were good though.Special Features:
- Not a high point of my day...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/13/2013Mediocre food ie: stale donuts and Mac and cheese was mainly roux. Decent spicy Bloody Mary. Waitstaff seemed overwhelmed with few tables. Hostess was very friendly and space is nice.
- We went for lunch and werelovetoeatVIPDined on 4/8/2013We went for lunch and were very pleased with the offerings and the price. We did not really mind that the service was slow as it gave us a chance to chat and not feel rushed.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed going toRogerVIPDined on 4/6/2013I really enjoyed going to Highpoint. Their Cod is excellent. Their Happy hour is also good since they give the happy hour in whole restaurant and not just the bar, so we could sit in the cafe outside and enjoy the Happy Hour. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Excellent hidden gem for folksTorianneDined on 4/4/2013Excellent hidden gem for folks who don't want bar food at MSG!Special Features:
- Overall a pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Overall a pleasant experience. Food was good but not overly noteworthy. Waiter was engaging and funny. Enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Loved it! Went with 9 friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Loved it! Went with 9 friends after my fitting at Kleinfeld's ! We are still talking about how good it was!Special Features:
- Great casual place. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2013Great casual place. We had a very nice waitress who was quick and attentive. Food was fresh and cooked well. I had grilled Branzini, which I really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Being a vegetarian it is refreshingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013Being a vegetarian it is refreshing to be able to go out and have choices!Special Features:
- major disappointmentnyceaterDined on 3/8/2013I am a former champion of this place. The menu has shrunk, and my old favorite dish has been changed and not for the better. Used to be a neighborhood gem, had a great wine list and i brought friends from out of town there.
- AverageSFfoodieDined on 3/7/2013Avg restaurant for dinner. Maybe brunch is better? Not a gem... For 12 dollar cocktails and 12 dollar apps, would expect more.
- Happened to be going to theChuckkVIPDined on 3/7/2013Happened to be going to the Irish Repertory Theater on 22nd and stumbled acrodd Highpoint on Open Table. It turned out to be an excellent choice and will certainly return since my home office is a couple of blocks away. Great onion soup and the meat loaf was a unique, tasty presentation.Special Features:
- Pleasant neighborhood bistrobobbarbaraVIPDined on 2/27/2013Pleasant neighborhood bistro with pleasant food accompanied by pleasant service and pleasant prices.Special Features:
- My bf and I wanted a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/24/2013My bf and I wanted a place to dine before the viewing of the Oscars at a local bar nearby the restaurant. We found your restaurant and was delightfully surprised on how delicious the food was and the service attentive! It was a very slow evening but we relished it because it gave us a very romantic vibe to our dining experience! We will be back!
- It was alright. Pretty goodNYCBizTravelerVIPDined on 2/24/2013It was alright. Pretty good food. Not spectacular. It did fine for brunch.
- We love this place, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/24/2013We love this place, the food is consistently great. My husband also loves their bloody marys!Special Features:
- The waiter was very attentiveVegetarianloverVIPDined on 2/18/2013The waiter was very attentive and everythings charming there!!!! Will go back there!!! Food was FKINGFABULOUS!!!!!
- We went here for lunch duringWineloverVIPDined on 2/2/2013We went here for lunch during a weekend visit to New York City. We all loved the food, it was very fresh. I would go here again..Special Features:
- Casual in ChelseaKimBDined on 2/2/2013Staff very welcoming and accommodating. The restaurant is a casual restaurant which is sorely needed in Chelsea for a casual meal. The food is good, portions hearty - we were very comfortable. Love the homemade doughnut holes brought to each table - nice touch and yummy. We had pancakes and a grilled veggie wrap for lunch and the homemade wrap was delicious. Pancakes were light and well cooked. French press coffee for table (would have liked a darker roast). We'll be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic menu with wonderfulTonyVIPDined on 1/30/2013Fantastic menu with wonderful options for those who love food/wine! Great happy hour and ambience/music. Definitely worth a visit and taste! ;-)Special Features:
- I met a business colleagueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2013I met a business colleague for lunch and it was unhurried and quiet enough that we could talk comfortably. There were enough interesting menu choices.Special Features: