Highlander Pub & Grill at Scotland Run Golf Club
2626 Fries Mill Rd
Williamstown, NJ 08094Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Highlander Pub & Grill at Scotland Run Golf Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scotlandrun.com/
- Phone: 8568633737x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Scottish, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Brian Burkhart
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: THE BETTER HALF
Jim & Patti Holland
Don"t miss the artistic, soulful stylings of this very talented pair performing a wide range of hits from the 50's thru today from all your favorite artists.
Appearing the last Wednesday of every month from 6:30 to 9:30pm
A word from Highlander Pub & Grill at Scotland Run Golf Club
A popular hot spot for golfers after a round and locals alike, the Highlander Pub and Grill offers casual fare with flair. Here you"ll enjoy a neighborhood tavern atmosphere, delicious menu and hearty portions. The extensive menu offers over-stuffed pub sandwiches, mouth-watering steaks, delectable pasta and seafood dishes and more including upscale, gourmet chef specialties daily. You'll even find authentic Scottish dishes such as Shepherd's Pie, Fish & Chips and Chicken Pot Pie. The Highlander offers an outdoor dining area like none other. The expansive patio over-looking the course is the perfect place to enjoy a drink, have dinner or just relax. And, with an extensive wine menu, diners can delight in sampling featured wines nightly. The Bar also features many imported and domestic draft and bottled beers. The house draft, Belhaven Scottish Ale, has been brewed in Dunbar, Scotland since 1719. The Highlander Pub & Grill is open to the public daily serving lunch & dinner from 11am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Highlander Pub & Grill at Scotland Run Golf Club - Best Restaurants in Williamstown ›
Highlander Pub & Grill at Scotland Run Golf Club reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (14)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (13)good for groups (13)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (6)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Sunday Brunchfrank35Dined on 9/28/2014Good variety of brunch items, focusing on breakfast. Fairly ordinary assortment but it was a varied selection and food was of good quality. Not really special but priced attractively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We had brunch last Sunday at Scotland Run for my husband's birthday. When making the reservation, I stated that we would need 4 high chairs. When Robin called to confirm the registration I again stated that we would need 4 high chairs. He said it wouldn't be a problem. When we got there, there were no high chairs at the table. We were a party of 12. There is nothing worse than coming in with 4 small children and having to stand at the table holding everything until they brought the high chairs. Which wasn't very fast I might add. My only other complaint is that when the food ran out, it was very slow being replenished. I waited for the chicken marsala but it never did come out. We had brunch there before and never had a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isla60Isla60Dined on 9/27/2014I made reservations for 9 people for my mother's 103rd birthday at Scotland Run because my mother chose this particular restaurant to celebrate her birthday. She loves your chicken pot pie. We all enjoyed our dinners, there were no complaints. The manager & the rest of the staff all wished my mother a happy birthday. When it was time to sing happy birthday to her the staff gathered round her and joined in. It was a very special evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch at 1:00 PMtwo4brunchDined on 8/31/2014Very good value for the (all inclusive) money spent [alcohol drinks excepted]. Good time/good food/attentive service. We will visit again but, we will sit farther from the bar to lessen the distraction of some (very) loud mouth drinkers. [It is, after all, a "golf club" bar which adjoins the eating area.]Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wenkunkDined on 8/13/2014Will never go back, food was awful. Service was slow.
- Great Patio DiningMjvclubDined on 8/8/2014We are Friday night regulars. The atmosphere is great. We enjoy watching skydivers, bagpiper and other golfers while dining. Happy Hour is the best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sheer ExcellenceJessicaDined on 7/25/2014I have been visiting Scotland Run to eat and play golf for years, and while the place has had its ups and downs, lately it has been presenting nothing but the best. The food is delicious (the chef has the BEST specials on weekends) and the staff is personable and attentive. As an added bonus, there is music on the patio on Fridays and Saturdays in the summer. It is essential to make reservations to sit outside on the weekend but on a Friday or Saturday, but what do you really expect? The managers are very accommodating; there is no issue too small for them to fix. Do not be swayed by the negative reviews of a few grumpy know-it-alls who have probably have nothing better to complain about. Honestly, give it a try and enjoy this local gem!Special Features:
- first and last timedatenitedinersDined on 7/19/2014It started off ok as I did make reservations which were not even needed. Server took a long time just to come over and greet us and take drink order. We went out to smoke and they cleared our whole table including the wine bottle. Then once the waiter came back to our empty table he informs us that they are not serving the filet anymore that night. Which keep in mind had been ordered over an hour ago. Just a horrible expensive evening.
- Nice enoughletsgoouttoeatDined on 7/13/2014I expected better food than was presented.The food was just average. The service was fair, waited for drink refils, the hostess was aloof and disinterested. She had zero personalty. The dining area was spacious and comfortable.
- First time we were unhappyJenniferVIPDined on 7/9/2014I changed my reservation within 10 minutes due to traffic. However, we then waited at the hostess stand for almost another 10 before a busboy finally came over and asked if he could help us. He told us to just "pick any table" and he would get someone for us. About 5 minutes later, the only waitress working, came and asked if she could help us. I explained what happened and she apologized and got our menus. She was very nice and courteous. However, my fiancé never got his soup, our dinners had great flavor but were cold and the other 4 tables seemed to be just as annoyed as we were. We heard several of them grumbling and saw them making faces.Special Features:
- Prime Rib Night!SongbirddeeDined on 7/9/2014Though we love any meal there, we particularly enjoy Wednesday nights for Prime Rib Night. Now they've added four jumbo fried shrimp that were delicious!Special Features:
- The following 56 reviews are from the Highlander Pub & Grill at Scotland Run Golf Club reviews archive.
- Favorite brunch aroundLoveagoodmealDined on 6/22/2014We've eaten here before, and will again. Dining outside is wonderful and so are the hot entrees on the buffet. Service is usually exceptional but this last time the server seemed to disappear for long periods. I'll assume it was due to a large group of people that came in right after us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchYummyDined on 6/15/2014The peel-and-eat shrimp were awesome! Large, well-seasoned, cold and cooked just right. When our (requested) round table wasn't available at first, we were seated at a round in a short time. Average entree choices at steam tables. Nice carved turkey and prime rib. Dessert choices were switched when gone so if you want the carrot cake (ex.) get it when it's out. It may not be there later. Good value for price.Special Features:
- Nicetheilig817Dined on 6/1/2014The food was incredible and the view for outdoor dining was superb. While our server was friendly, she wasn't very attentive. And I had to ask for another glass of wine. We were there long enough waiting for the check to ask for a third glass.Special Features:
- Loyal customerdisappointeddiner8Dined on 6/1/2014We have been coming to your Sunday brunch for many years. We were disappointed in the changes. Some of our favorite items, like lox and mussels were gone. What remained was mediocre.
- Slow MotionMenditallDined on 5/27/2014Our table of 7 was set right next to the very loud bar. It took a very long time for our food to arrive, possibly because the "rare" filet mignon was over cooked to medium at best. The "sauce" on the seafood special was watery and the crème brulee tasted like vanilla pudding from a can or a box mix. The place looks beautiful on the outside but there needs to be better separation of the noisy bar and the dining area.Special Features:
- Not the best first impressionBF19703Dined on 5/24/2014Greeted & seated promptly by friendly hostess. Then we sat. And sat. After 10+ minutes we were served water. Nearly 20 minutes after arrival our apologetic server took our drink order. We waited so long, we gave our entire order immediately. It was a cool evening & a special occasion. View on patio was lovely but the wait was unacceptable. Taking our order but leaving the menus on the table was equally unacceptable. Floor manager finally removed them. Apps were excellent. Very happy with entrees, too but they should 86 the commercially made BBQ sauce served on the cowboy steak. Live entertainment would have been more enjoyable if they weren't competing with a large, noisy party. Maybe it was an off night. I'd give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating BIG birthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014My friend an I have birthdays in May. We have been celebrating together for several years. We were both meeting a milestone so I wanted a special place to celebrate. My husband and I have been to the restaurant several times and really enjoy it. The food was wonderful, the dessert even better. My only complaint was it was extremely noisy. It made it hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014This was my first time here and we had the Sunday Brunch Buffet. Overall the experience was great, the service was for the most part good. Our server had to be reminded of requests we made and forgot some special orders. I would be more lenient about this if it were really busy - but it wasn't. The food was very good - I did find the tilapia to be rather bland, though and my mimosa was on point. Plus the pricepoint of the buffet was very nice and the table was always cleared for us. Final thoughts - very good, would go back again, and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the pubjamesbond006Dined on 5/2/2014we loved the pub, my husband is from England, and he felt it was spot on with the British style. food was yummy and the Scottish ale was perfect. we will be back, a great find!!! the service was also wonderful, friendly, cheerful and very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/27/2014The waitress was too busy hanging out with other staff at the buffet or floating around chatting to check and serve our party adequately. She forgot several items ... waited 1/2 hour for a Ceasar salad; 20 minutes for two drink refills; was not sure what was in different food items, etc... We finally had to ask others, Joe and the host, for their assistance. Then on top of all that, when we got our bill, she added an extra charge for the buffet which we had to get corrected! She was absolutely horrible and I would not go back or send friends.
- I love it!!GreatFoodDined on 4/25/2014This place never disappoints. My favorite place to eat in the neighborhood. Staff is friendly, service is great, food is plentiful and delicious. I love that the manager is always on the floor. You can tell the staff love where they work and take pride in their serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...welcoming ambience!eatcritiqueDined on 4/24/2014This is the ideal place to gather as a couple or with friends. We were pleased with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/16/2014Rather than going out for the traditional Steak dinner for a Birthday celebration, I have gone to the Sunday brunch at Scotland Run for the last 5 years-. Other than the omelet and carved meat station- the rest of the food can be found at any other brunch. This year they did away with the center station ( breads, bagels, lox, cream cheese, etc.) The omelets was great, waffle was good- the bacon way overcooked ( fell apart when you picked it up) carved beef was perfect. The service is a little slow on the coffee refills- Server was very personable I suppose when you compare the price of this buffet brunch against the Mansion ( in Voorhees $29 ) . Just doesn't seem to have the sparkle it had when we first started coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindRifrafDined on 3/12/2014Looking for an elegant place where the prices fit the budget, this is the place. Great environment, scenic, warm and the service was OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsRoegDined on 3/12/2014I had lunch with friends and I was good food n we were pushed out after we paid the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Since no one can be seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Since no one can be seated for brunch until 10 AM (even with reservations), there was quite a crowd waiting in the small foyer. Server Kevin very friendly and attentive. Food was not hot and scrambled eggs were under-done. No bread or English muffins for toasting, just bagels or muffins. But large variety and pretty surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayJenniferVIPDined on 2/14/2014We loved our Valentine's Day dinner. We brought our 14 year old and her boyfriend for Valentine's Day dinner and it was great! The food was terrific. The service was wonderful. The extra touch of a rose for each lady and complimentary chocolate covered strawberries topped off a perfect evening. This was our second dinner here and although our first dinner was a little too salty, it didn't keep us away and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely ValentinesSteakloversDined on 2/14/2014We had a lovely Valentines Day dinner. Food was good but it took a bit longer to receive our dinner, yet appetizer, soup and salad was timed perfectly. Ambiance was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/9/2014We went for a birthday brunch. The ambience (christmas ski chalet?) was very nice, and the fires were all lit. We had a nice few of the golf course and the outdoor patio. We would have appreciated the radio/music turned lower and a more attentive server - we could go quite long periods of time before getting coffee refills. Overall a positive experience. definitely can recommend the blintzes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a stuffy country clubJenniferVIPDined on 1/4/2014We had a great server, Alyssa. My ribeye was perfect but his scallops were a little too salty. The decor was still set up for the holidays and it made for a romantic dinner with the dim lights. There was a wedding going on upstairs but we never heard the dj/band. The bar area opens to the dining room but it did not make the area noisy. There are two televisions in the dining room that were plaing football games which made him happy and there was no volume which made me happy. We plan on returning for Sunday brunch and may bring the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceTinaDined on 12/28/2013We were looking for somewhere to take my Mother. & MIL for dinner and opted for Highlander. Excellent choice! We made reservations online which was great and very convenient! We were seated immediately. Our waiter Kevin was phenomenal! And our meal was excellent ! Definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special place in our hearts......JJADAYDined on 12/24/2013Ten years ago we found Scotland Run. The event was sad due to the loss of my mother. The banquet staff opened their arms and assisted with a mid-day meal on a bitter cold January day which started us on the road to healing. I will NEVER forget the friendliness, kindness, and all the assistance I could ask for to serve my family and closest friends with a warm wonderful luncheon for over 50 people. My family has now enjoyed many happy events at the HIGHLANDER PUB and Scotland Run will always hold that ..special place in our hearts forever. Christmas Eve this year as in prior years was perfect. And I am once again very grateful.Special Features:
- Christmas MemoriesFran777Dined on 12/23/2013Our experience at the Highlander Pub was excellent. My retired friends and I get together each Christmas week to have dinner. We choose a new place each season. This year I chose the Highlander Pub at Scotland Run Country Club in Williams town, turned out to be an excellent choice for this years memories. Food was above expectations and the service and ambiance was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Terrific food and attentive service. Thanks for a great lunch experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food. EveryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2013Consistently good food. Every meal we have had here has been delicious from brunch to dinner. Love the happy hour menu. Very friendly staff. Very accommodating. During the warm weather, we love eating out on the patio and watching all the activities outside. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Scotland runallieDined on 11/30/2013Just moved to the neighborhood and it's the perfect spot to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small group of friends wantedSamLDined on 11/29/2013Small group of friends wanted some place close that we could have a nice quiet dinner on Black Friday. The Highlander Pub was just the right spot, with good food ( we all had fish) at fair prices. Will go back to try again the restaurant again, it is a good neiighorhood gem that has good food without the trek the busy Cherry Hill area.Special Features:
- Not up to Parhindsightis2020Dined on 11/28/2013We had reservations at 5pm for the Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet. The chairs at our table had food scraps on 3 out of 4 of the upholstered seats. The set up of the buffet was extremely tight, which made maneuvering and serving yourself without bumping up against other diners difficult. When we made our way to the carving station for turkey, the lone server there informed us that he had just run out. While we waited at least five minutes for more turkey to appear, our mashed potatoes, stuffing, and vegetables grew cold. The cranberry sauce was out of a can.The deserts were quite good. We have dined at Scotland Run in the past, always leaving happy. Unfortunately, this experience was very disappointing, not at all up to par.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!SongbirddeeDined on 11/20/2013We are never disappointed when we eat here, whether for brunch, lunch, or dinner. The food is excellent and the service is prompt and courteous. The chefs are always willing to accommodate my finicky stomach. The Grand Marnier Cake is a must-have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.