Highlander Bar & Grill
8445 Canyon Ferry Rd
Helena, MT 59602Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Highlander Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://norwegianwoodgolf.com/
- Phone: (406) 475-3229
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Amber Cassady
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information. We have several outdoor locations to choose from!
- Entertainment: Great local artists every Friday and Saturday night! Check Facebook every week!
A word from Highlander Bar & Grill
Highlander Bar & Grille is just 20 minutes from downtown Helena located just off the shores of Canyon Ferry Lake at Norwegian Wood Ranch where we raise and serve Scottish Highlander cattle. It is a unique dining experience with outdoor dining in the summer months, a full bar and live music on the weekends. If you’re lucky, you can see our 950 pound "Pork-chop the Pig". This is a truly Montanan dining experience with great local color.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Highlander Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Helena ›
Highlander Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (6)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Intimate dining, beautiful locationBlossomDined on 10/31/2014Food and drinks very good. Friendly, fun staff. Far enough from Helena to feel like a getaway, close enough to be easy, crossing the stream on the way to the restaraunt sets the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ch0c0lateDined on 10/31/2014The food was excellent and the staff were fun and laid back while still remaining professional in their duties. The music was wonderful. My husband and I will definitely make the highlander our favorite place to dine and hangout for drinks and good music and carmraderie with others. the only constructive feedback I have to offer would be the suggestion of having a keurig available for those who want decaf coffee. That's it! :-)Special Features:
- Highlander 18 October 2014KbanDined on 10/18/2014A bit pricey but very excellently prepared to perfection. Dessert was seasonal favorite, guess you can't improve on costco pumpkin pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetocookandeatDined on 10/17/2014We went to the Highlander Grill with very high expectations, however, those expectations weren't totally met. The ride there from Helena is breathtakingly beautiful. We were greeted warmly and promptly seated. There we sat for a long while before our drink order was taken. My husband' s biggest complaint was that it was not a value. Very expensive for what you get. Also, our water goblets were never refilled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerChewsydinerDined on 9/12/2014We chose The Highlander because the times we have celebrated here in the past few years were memorable. I was a bit disappointed this time because there seem to be a few things missing from the wine list and menu but overall we were treated very well and the birthday celebration was quite special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JEF4JEF4Dined on 8/8/2014Whether too busy or choosing to buy lesser quality beef, for the expense, the Grill failed us on Friday night.
- Need better OrganizationRiverDined on 8/2/2014We had a res for 5 at 7PM. We arrived at 6:45, introduced ourselves, told the hostess we would be happy to sit and have a drink and wait as they were waiting for a table to clear. At 7:45 I asked when we would be seated and was told any time. Another group of 4 came in and were seated and served before us. I made 3 trips to the hostess and finally we got to order a little after 8PM! What is with that? The food is great but what is with the service folks!!!!Special Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the Highlander Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Dinner outHighlifeDined on 7/19/2014The service was great and the food was very good too. I think the prices are a little high but overall a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014The staff, food, and ambiance is perfect for intimate dinner or group celebrations. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulaFanDined on 6/29/2014The food was great -- delicious lamb chops and walleye, with mussels as an appetizer. We snagged a bottle of the Highlander label red wine... very nice. Enjoyed dining on the outside patio. Our server, Karen, rocked! We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FREDDIDined on 6/27/2014THE STAFF WAS AWESOME AND FRIENDLY ....THE STEAK WAS COOKED TOO DONE...WHEN WE WANTED IT MEDIUM RARE...NOT MEDIUM AND WAS VERY THIN AND EXTREMELY TOUGH! NOT MANY BEANS....FOUR BEANS AND 5 FORK FULLS OF MASHED POTATOES IS NOT MANY....THEY WERE BOTH VERY GOOD! THE PRESENTATION WAS VERY URBAN.....MY HUSBAND COULDN'T STOMACH THE BREAD...DRIZZLED WITH TOO MUCH VINEGAR! WE COULDN'T TALK BECAUSE THE MUSIC WAS TOO LOUD!Special Features:
- Great dining experience!pleasedpalateDined on 6/27/2014We met friends for dinner at the Highlander Bar and Grill and really had a wonderful time. The food was great! Everyone raved about it. The waitress we had was outstanding and the overall atmosphere was conducive to talking and the area is really beautiful. We will return.Special Features:
- Tina, waitressFishBio60Dined on 6/18/2014We especially enjoyed our waitress--I believe her name was Tina. Please...she is deserving of a token raise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.