Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar
3934 West 32nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80212Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.highlandpacific.net/
- Phone: (303) 477-6644
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC on Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays starting at 9:30pm
A word from Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar
When you're in the mood for good times, pleasant dining, and great cuisine, Highland Pacific is a great choice. Our restaurant offers a pleasant, inviting atmosphere that is perfect for casual dining with families and friends. We accept online reservations for parties of 5 or more. The menu features an extensive array of selections, with something sure to please every member of your group. Highland Pacific also features a professional staff of friendly people, who will ensure that your visit is a pleasant one. The restaurant features LIVE MUSIC on Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays...a Happy Hour Menu Every Weekday from 3pm - 6:00pm...& the Weekend from 5-6pm, plus the locals love our Music Happy Hour from 10pm Until Midnight. Everybody looks forward to seeing you, so please stop in soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (9)romantic (7)special occasion (6)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DNA1VIPDined on 9/28/2014Slow to get our food. Out of two of the three main courses we ordered at 6:15@night. Disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Was not an oyster bar it was an Asian bistro. Was very disappointed since it was for my wife's birthday. You need to really make sure are what they say they are. Didn't even eat there if there was a way to give it no stars I would
- Seafood in West HighlandsstormventuresDined on 9/19/2014We are excited to discover a place for fresh oysters, delicious entrees, and yummy dessert only blocks from our new home. The seared scallops and stream and prairie entrees were excellent and was the service. We went early on Friday evening and caught the great drink specials before 6pm. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodEat220Dined on 9/13/2014I got the lobster penne and my friend had the scallops. We both enjoyed our meals and the wait staff was friendly and helpful. I would go here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, ReasonableJosephDined on 9/9/2014For me a perfect date restaurant. The food was very, very good. Rare in Denver to find well prepared seafood at a reasonable price, in a small intimate restaurant. I highly recommend Highland Pacific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Jen @ HiPacformerchef15Dined on 8/30/2014To be honest, overall we were not impressed. We made reservations and we were sat right next to the kitchen. Big mistake by the staff especially for a reservation. Drinks did not arrive together as they should've. The wait for my beer in fact was in excess of 15 min. No price given for oysters until the bill arrived. Out of menu items we wished to order without any notification prior to ordering. The table was sticky as if it hadn't been wiped down before we were sat. The food was ok, at best, but extra charge for bread?....really? In a nutshell, loud, slow, overpriced and mediocre at best in all categories. Disappointment! We won't return.
- A findEJPUptownDined on 8/28/2014A delightful find in the Highlands. Knowledgeable server, excellent wine list and a pleasant venue for a Thursday evening. We'll go again.Special Features:
- LoumanVIPDined on 8/25/2014Excellent neighborhood restaurant for lunch. The creamy pesto pasta dish was excellent!Special Features:
- yennyDined on 8/23/2014Overall good experience! Nice, laid back atmosphere, more casual which is what I enjoyed. Service was great! Menu felt a little limited to me but the crab legs were delicious. Will go back next time we are in the mood for seafood.
- Nice neighborhood seafood placeBarbDined on 8/20/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. The service was great, food was delicious and it's nice to have a choice of something besides a chain restaurant.Special Features:
- tamdougDined on 8/19/2014Great food and atmosphere. The service was superb! The mussels were cooked to perfection and the broth they were served in was the best I have ever tasted! The seared sea scallops were fresh and perfectly prepared. I would definitely eat here again, and will recommend it to my friends and co-workers!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- so sofoodnutVIPDined on 8/18/2014I ordered sockeye salmon, medium rare, and my friend ordered his medium. Both were well done. The cucumber cocktail was rather refreshing and unique. If a restaurant wants to stay alive in this day and age it has to serve exactly what it purports, with good quality ingredients, nicely prepared and presented. I would give Highland Pacific another try, but would not recommend the salmon.
- Quaint! Delicious! Terrific wines!JasonDined on 8/7/2014Quaint little place with great food, friendly staff and a small but mighty wine list. We had a party of 4 and were easily accommodated. The crab cake sandwich, WOW! Simply amazing! The trout and buffalo sausage dish was also VERY tasty! On Thursday nights, it's half of bottles of wine. The list is small, yet the wines are stellar! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood and Happy HourcrabbyDined on 8/7/2014We love their seafood here--fresh and cooked perfectly. Great Happy Hour deals alsoSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceMeganSDined on 8/6/2014Highland Pacific is a great, casual place with a killer menu. This is one of those restaurants that made it difficult to choose which items to order. I loved the Ciappino and my boyfriend was very impressed with his "Stream & Prairie". The oysters were magnificent--we had a half dozen of the British Columbia and half from Chesapeake Bay. Both were delicious! I wasn't blown away by the sangria but it was a good size and a good pairing for my dinner. Margaret, our server, was very knowledgeable, fun, and very polite. She really helped make the evening! Everything came out in a timely fashion (but not fast food speedy, which I appreciate at a nice sit-down place). We definitely want to return!Special Features:
- happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Went on a Sunday night during happy hour. They have great food and drink specials. They both were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar reviews archive.
- Love it!luv2eatDined on 7/25/2014Great seafood restaurant. Love the oyster bar. The reason we go. Just a nice/fun place. Location is convenient for us also. We live in Wheat Ridge. Nice not to go to Downtown Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The food was delicious and just the right amount. Everything tasted superb and the service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- 1st TimersJaneyDined on 7/20/2014I found this place online and we were pleasantly surprised! It was wonderful. The staff was very nice. Food was great! Sunday all evening is Happy Hour with $2 drinks! Great place! We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014good food, the waitress was efficient and unobtrusive. They tried to sit us next to the kitchen but quickly accommodated our request to move. Dinner was very good. Oysters were great.Special Features:
- Great oysters once again.LoghouseJDVIPDined on 7/17/2014We are regulars here. Both the happy hour wells and oysters are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour is Great!janeeyre96VIPDined on 7/6/2014$2 drinks during happy hour, and Sundays the happy hour is 5-close. The mussels weren't the best, some of them were a bit rubbery. The hush puppies and oysters were excellent though and a great price!Special Features:
- Seafood surprise in Highlands!DiningDougDined on 7/6/2014First time...Turns out Sunday is Happy Hour all night. A very good cocktail list, I had a mountain mule which is the Moscow Mule with a twist using their house ginger infused vodka, a must try and at $2.00 it could be the best drink in Denver! We started off with a dozen Happy Hour oysters which was the perfect start with all the accoutrements. We followed that up with some crawfish Mac and cheese that may be the best ever! Spices, cheeses crawfish on my! The Happy Hour menu has $2.00 tacos, we had blackened shrimp, mahi mahi and some beer battered cod. Each was a work of art and delicious! The menu is really phenomenal, but it was just too hard to get past the Incredibly priced and equally delectable Happy Hour menu..maybe tomorrow!Special Features:
- BrendaBEJfromtxDined on 6/29/2014We really liked the restaurant and menu. The food was great! They have great prices on daily specials. Give it a try! You won't be sorry!Special Features:
- Great Seafood at Fair Prices2goodDined on 6/21/2014Visited this LoHi neighborhood restaurant for an anniversary dinner. We fully enjoyed ourselves. The fresh daily Oysters on the Half Shell were excellent as was the Shrimp and Scallops Ceviche. The Scallops dinner was excellent as was the Lobster Penne dinner. We'll return for Happy Hour to enjoy the Oysters and well priced cocktails. Will also return for dinner.Special Features:
- We always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014The waitress was very nice. The menu had changed, we enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Great place!HappyDinerDined on 6/13/2014We took company from out of town to Highland Pacific, hoping they'd enjoy and be impressed. They were! Nothing was disappointing (other than a very tart martini that I loved and our guest didn't so I got to finish hers.) The atmosphere was casual but not too casual. The menu was varied so that everyone could find something just right, and the food was scrumptious.Special Features:
- Not as good as we had hopedcowgirlDined on 5/29/2014Heard it had great food from the kids who had been there before. Quite disappointed at the quality of food this time, even the kids. Lobster penne had a tomato sauce so you couldn't taste the lobster. Only four small scallops were served for the expensive price with cheap mashed potatoes and spinach .... this we felt was a rip off. River and prarie was good but also skimpy for the price ... half a buffalo sausage ... really? Not a good value for the price at all. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- A must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2014Food was awesome, service was superb! Cute place with seating for @50 Price is right and portions were plenty. You must try it!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerSpaceGirlDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I took my father and brother here for a dinner on memorial day weekend. The food was great (I had the seared tuna). The portions were a bit smaller than what I would have wanted but the taste made up for it. We normally just come here for the oysters, and they remain our favorite dish. They are fantastic! The prices have increased on their happy hour oysters since we were there for new years, which is a bit unfortunate. This place has a great ambiance nestled in the Highlands neighborhood. They provide delicious upscale food without being pretentious.Special Features:
- $28 lob-tail 1/2 the size of a bratPastaloverDined on 5/25/2014Terribly disappointed. Ordered dinner - lobster penne ala vodka, 5-10 minutes later we are informed they are out (Sunday evening at 7pm), ordered lobster tail that when delivered was literally the size of about 1/2 a bratwurst, I was a little taken back. Service was okay to poor. Food was either very good or not worth the money.Special Features:
- Great findcamgord59Dined on 5/20/2014Had a great lunch here. The mussels were wonderful and the oysters were really fresh. Our server,Adam, was attentive and informative. Cool neighborhood. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food and prices.LuvlittlegemsDined on 5/10/2014What a great seafood place. Really enjoyed the service and food. The prices are reasonable and atmosphere good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at an affordable price!DenverFoodieDined on 5/5/2014My girlfriend and I went here on my birthday, and it was a very nice experience. The food was not only quality but also at a reasonable price. I recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Great food and service at HP. We really enjoyed both the scallop and ahi tuna entrees on this visit. Cute place , nice staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in HighlandsMrDanVIPDined on 4/26/2014Not a very big restaurant, so reservations are a must. Even so, we waited 45 minutes after our seating time. The restaurant graciously apologized and comp-ed a couple glasses of wine. Food was very good and overall it was a good experience. It's a place we would go back again.Special Features:
- Seafood Lovers DreamFoodSavvyDined on 4/15/2014Fantastic value for a delicious seafood meal. My husband and I were celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and had visited Highland Pacific once before. We got a coupon to go back and thought it would be the perfect spot and it was! The wine list is great and very reasonable. The appetizers and specials are always delicious. We started with a dozen oysters of which our incredibly knowledgeable server assisted us in choosing. For our entrees I had the scallops which were to die for in a delectable chardonnay and white truffle sauce while my husband dined on a steak. Highland Pacific's menu may at first appear a little small but you can tell that each and every dish is hand crafted and superbly made at an extremely reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superb!NeutDined on 4/15/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants - extremely fresh and well prepared food, excellent and relaxed service! The space is warm and comfortable, with big windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014The service was impeccable and our server called us by name. The food is outstanding. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceCalvinDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I were extremely pleased. The service was very good. We had several servers that came by to assist, but never hovering. We had linguini with shrimp and a scallops dish, both wonderful. The price could not be beat. We would have probably paid double at a high-end name restaurant for the same meal. Couldn't have asked for a better start to the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.