Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar
3934 West 32nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80212Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.highlandpacific.net/
- Phone: 3034776644
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC on Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays starting at 9:30pm
A word from Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar
When you're in the mood for good times, pleasant dining, and great cuisine, Highland Pacific is a great choice. Our restaurant offers a pleasant, inviting atmosphere that is perfect for casual dining with families and friends. We accept online reservations for parties of 5 or more. The menu features an extensive array of selections, with something sure to please every member of your group. Highland Pacific also features a professional staff of friendly people, who will ensure that your visit is a pleasant one. The restaurant features LIVE MUSIC on Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays...a Happy Hour Menu Every Weekday from 3pm - 6:00pm...& the Weekend from 5-6pm, plus the locals love our Music Happy Hour from 10pm Until Midnight. Everybody looks forward to seeing you, so please stop in soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (13)romantic (12)good for groups (11)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- so soOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2014I ordered sockeye salmon, medium rare, and my friend ordered his medium. Both were well done. The cucumber cocktail was rather refreshing and unique. If a restaurant wants to stay alive in this day and age it has to serve exactly what it purports, with good quality ingredients, nicely prepared and presented. I would give Highland Pacific another try, but would not recommend the salmon.
- Quaint! Delicious! Terrific wines!JasonDined on 8/7/2014Quaint little place with great food, friendly staff and a small but mighty wine list. We had a party of 4 and were easily accommodated. The crab cake sandwich, WOW! Simply amazing! The trout and buffalo sausage dish was also VERY tasty! On Thursday nights, it's half of bottles of wine. The list is small, yet the wines are stellar! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood and Happy HourcrabbyDined on 8/7/2014We love their seafood here--fresh and cooked perfectly. Great Happy Hour deals alsoSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceMeganSDined on 8/6/2014Highland Pacific is a great, casual place with a killer menu. This is one of those restaurants that made it difficult to choose which items to order. I loved the Ciappino and my boyfriend was very impressed with his "Stream & Prairie". The oysters were magnificent--we had a half dozen of the British Columbia and half from Chesapeake Bay. Both were delicious! I wasn't blown away by the sangria but it was a good size and a good pairing for my dinner. Margaret, our server, was very knowledgeable, fun, and very polite. She really helped make the evening! Everything came out in a timely fashion (but not fast food speedy, which I appreciate at a nice sit-down place). We definitely want to return!Special Features:
- happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Went on a Sunday night during happy hour. They have great food and drink specials. They both were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!luv2eatDined on 7/25/2014Great seafood restaurant. Love the oyster bar. The reason we go. Just a nice/fun place. Location is convenient for us also. We live in Wheat Ridge. Nice not to go to Downtown Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The food was delicious and just the right amount. Everything tasted superb and the service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- 1st TimersJaneyDined on 7/20/2014I found this place online and we were pleasantly surprised! It was wonderful. The staff was very nice. Food was great! Sunday all evening is Happy Hour with $2 drinks! Great place! We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014good food, the waitress was efficient and unobtrusive. They tried to sit us next to the kitchen but quickly accommodated our request to move. Dinner was very good. Oysters were great.Special Features:
- Great oysters once again.LoghouseJDVIPDined on 7/17/2014We are regulars here. Both the happy hour wells and oysters are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour is Great!janeeyre96Dined on 7/6/2014$2 drinks during happy hour, and Sundays the happy hour is 5-close. The mussels weren't the best, some of them were a bit rubbery. The hush puppies and oysters were excellent though and a great price!Special Features:
- Seafood surprise in Highlands!DiningDougDined on 7/6/2014First time...Turns out Sunday is Happy Hour all night. A very good cocktail list, I had a mountain mule which is the Moscow Mule with a twist using their house ginger infused vodka, a must try and at $2.00 it could be the best drink in Denver! We started off with a dozen Happy Hour oysters which was the perfect start with all the accoutrements. We followed that up with some crawfish Mac and cheese that may be the best ever! Spices, cheeses crawfish on my! The Happy Hour menu has $2.00 tacos, we had blackened shrimp, mahi mahi and some beer battered cod. Each was a work of art and delicious! The menu is really phenomenal, but it was just too hard to get past the Incredibly priced and equally delectable Happy Hour menu..maybe tomorrow!Special Features:
- BrendaBEJfromtxDined on 6/29/2014We really liked the restaurant and menu. The food was great! They have great prices on daily specials. Give it a try! You won't be sorry!Special Features:
- Great Seafood at Fair Prices2goodDined on 6/21/2014Visited this LoHi neighborhood restaurant for an anniversary dinner. We fully enjoyed ourselves. The fresh daily Oysters on the Half Shell were excellent as was the Shrimp and Scallops Ceviche. The Scallops dinner was excellent as was the Lobster Penne dinner. We'll return for Happy Hour to enjoy the Oysters and well priced cocktails. Will also return for dinner.Special Features:
- We always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014The waitress was very nice. The menu had changed, we enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Great place!HappyDinerDined on 6/13/2014We took company from out of town to Highland Pacific, hoping they'd enjoy and be impressed. They were! Nothing was disappointing (other than a very tart martini that I loved and our guest didn't so I got to finish hers.) The atmosphere was casual but not too casual. The menu was varied so that everyone could find something just right, and the food was scrumptious.Special Features:
- Not as good as we had hopedcowgirlDined on 5/29/2014Heard it had great food from the kids who had been there before. Quite disappointed at the quality of food this time, even the kids. Lobster penne had a tomato sauce so you couldn't taste the lobster. Only four small scallops were served for the expensive price with cheap mashed potatoes and spinach .... this we felt was a rip off. River and prarie was good but also skimpy for the price ... half a buffalo sausage ... really? Not a good value for the price at all. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- A must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2014Food was awesome, service was superb! Cute place with seating for @50 Price is right and portions were plenty. You must try it!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerSpaceGirlDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I took my father and brother here for a dinner on memorial day weekend. The food was great (I had the seared tuna). The portions were a bit smaller than what I would have wanted but the taste made up for it. We normally just come here for the oysters, and they remain our favorite dish. They are fantastic! The prices have increased on their happy hour oysters since we were there for new years, which is a bit unfortunate. This place has a great ambiance nestled in the Highlands neighborhood. They provide delicious upscale food without being pretentious.Special Features:
- $28 lob-tail 1/2 the size of a bratPastaloverDined on 5/25/2014Terribly disappointed. Ordered dinner - lobster penne ala vodka, 5-10 minutes later we are informed they are out (Sunday evening at 7pm), ordered lobster tail that when delivered was literally the size of about 1/2 a bratwurst, I was a little taken back. Service was okay to poor. Food was either very good or not worth the money.Special Features:
- Great findcamgord59Dined on 5/20/2014Had a great lunch here. The mussels were wonderful and the oysters were really fresh. Our server,Adam, was attentive and informative. Cool neighborhood. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food and prices.LuvlittlegemsDined on 5/10/2014What a great seafood place. Really enjoyed the service and food. The prices are reasonable and atmosphere good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at an affordable price!DenverFoodieDined on 5/5/2014My girlfriend and I went here on my birthday, and it was a very nice experience. The food was not only quality but also at a reasonable price. I recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Great food and service at HP. We really enjoyed both the scallop and ahi tuna entrees on this visit. Cute place , nice staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in HighlandsMrDanVIPDined on 4/26/2014Not a very big restaurant, so reservations are a must. Even so, we waited 45 minutes after our seating time. The restaurant graciously apologized and comp-ed a couple glasses of wine. Food was very good and overall it was a good experience. It's a place we would go back again.Special Features:
- The following 78 reviews are from the Highland Pacific Restaurant & Oyster Bar reviews archive.
- Seafood Lovers DreamFoodSavvyDined on 4/15/2014Fantastic value for a delicious seafood meal. My husband and I were celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and had visited Highland Pacific once before. We got a coupon to go back and thought it would be the perfect spot and it was! The wine list is great and very reasonable. The appetizers and specials are always delicious. We started with a dozen oysters of which our incredibly knowledgeable server assisted us in choosing. For our entrees I had the scallops which were to die for in a delectable chardonnay and white truffle sauce while my husband dined on a steak. Highland Pacific's menu may at first appear a little small but you can tell that each and every dish is hand crafted and superbly made at an extremely reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superb!NeutDined on 4/15/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants - extremely fresh and well prepared food, excellent and relaxed service! The space is warm and comfortable, with big windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014The service was impeccable and our server called us by name. The food is outstanding. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceCalvinDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I were extremely pleased. The service was very good. We had several servers that came by to assist, but never hovering. We had linguini with shrimp and a scallops dish, both wonderful. The price could not be beat. We would have probably paid double at a high-end name restaurant for the same meal. Couldn't have asked for a better start to the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little bit of NOLA pluspoinlawDined on 4/4/2014shrimp poboy dressed as good as it gets. Salads upscale and all reasonably priced. I really like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeyJoeDined on 3/30/2014Best Seafood in Denver! I love the Oysters and King Crab!! Sooooo Good!Special Features:
- Good seafood for landlocked folks!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014My date and split the seafood chapino and a salad. The chapino sauce was very good, had a little kick but it was a little sparse on the seafood. Otherwise, service was great and had a nice grapefruit margarita that was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried Chicken TDF!MolliesellsdenverDined on 3/22/2014We made a reservation specifically for the a Linguini and clams sauce that was shown on the OnTable menu. To our disappointment, the menu had not been updated and everything was different. That was disappointing. But,the oysters were.good, the music was good, and our server was nice. A
- Apps, oysters and main dishBigcity1007Dined on 3/7/2014Apps, oysters and main dish were very good for the price. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters!!SamCDined on 3/6/2014I love their oysters! Also half priced bottles of wine on Thursday nights, oh my... Occasional live music. A little loud, but worth it. We have had a nice experience in the dining room, also it is fun to just sit at the bar and eat oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the first time weOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/6/2014This was the first time we went to Highland Pacific and we couldn't have enjoyed it more. We were looking for something casual and yummy and it was spot on. The food was great, the prices were very reasonable and the service was super friendly. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday - Oyster nightsbuddyVIPDined on 2/26/2014I was trying this restaurant during Restaurant Week but ended up ordering outside the menu when I found out that Wednesday night was oysters for $1.25/oyster and they were the freshest I have had since being in the city! They were served shucked on a bed of ice with hot sauce, horseradish and ketchup. They could have given us some larger slices of lemon but I did not ask. We also had the lobster Penne as a shared dish and a share AHI poke that was delightful. The New Orleans bent was a nice touch. I would return to this place again but the only drawback is the Highland parking or lack thereof!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally made this stopBillDined on 2/14/2014This is a neighborhood restaurant and had been on our list for some time. We really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. It is a nice, cozy place and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome oysters!lalinaDined on 1/24/2014Terrific happy hour and meal. Fresh seafood delights all- the oysters were fresh, represent the best of the east coast, well presented and so tasty! Pleasant environment with art work to appreciate-Special Features:
- I had dinner at Highland PacificLDehnerDined on 1/22/2014I had dinner at Highland Pacific on a recent Wednesday evening at approximately 7:15 PM. We were seated within 15 minutes of arrival. The restaurant was moderately busy. Our server was friendly and attentive when tableside. Drinks order was taken promptly, delivery was a touch slow. Appetizer order (oysters) was also taken in a reasonable amount of time, delivery was noticeably slow. Main course order was taken promptly and delivered without undue delay. The dining room is comfortably lit; the noise level that evening was moderate, pleasant. The menu, while not exhaustive, offers plenty of interesting options. Most will find the wines selection adequate and somewhat interesting. I would definitely return when in the neighborhood again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.