High Street Grill
310 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
High Street Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hsgrill.com/
- Phone: 6142207007
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Wilhelm Novak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 12,000 square feet of private banquet space
- Private Party Contact: Bryan Postema 6142207042
- Entertainment: Starbucks Coffee bar.
A word from High Street Grill
High Street Grill is the American Grill, serving high quality Steaks, Seafood, Gourmet Sandwiches and other fine American Cuisine. Serving Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner in a welcoming and comfortable setting that invites you to relax and enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
High Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food and good servicelmarieVIPDined on 3/30/2013Great food and good service - nice quiet spot for a relaxing lunch. Pick a table by the window and watch who is coming and going on the street. Usually an interesting theater crowd going in to the Southern. Take advantage of parking behind the hotel - free if ticket is validated by restaurant.Special Features:
- Cocktails were expertly madeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Cocktails were expertly made and meals were attractively presented and delicious. One of our party is an avid sportsman and remarked that the salmon was the best he'd had since his last fishing trip to Alaska.Special Features:
- I went to High Street GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013I went to High Street Grill with my husband and a friend in from out of town. The service was very good, and everyone was very cheerful, making for a nice atmosphere. We all got the full breakfast buffet, and while not notably extensive in selection, was well stocked with fresh items. Everything was of good quality, and the large windows make it great for a morning place to wake up. The one thing that sticks out in my mind was our waiter. While he was quite nice, he was a bit... off -- the kind of person that could easily make one feel uncomfortable at any moment. But this didn't stop him from doing a good job and getting a nice tip, which was well deserved. I would probably not go out of my way to eat here again, but it was just fiSpecial Features:
- Convenient for attending SouthernOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Convenient for attending Southern Theater. Limited menu but adequate. Seafood was undercooked. Liked our waitress (Samantha).
- Went for v-day. Prices wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Went for v-day. Prices were pretty good. Steak was cooked correctly. Crab bisque was ok. Wife enjoyed her steak and mashed potatoes, also really enjoyed her soup. Service was really good, waiter refreshed drinks and asked if we needed anything often enough to care, but not so much that it was annoying. All in all a good experience.
- We really ejoyed our experienceSatisfieddinerDined on 2/14/2013We really ejoyed our experience here. People were freindly and sewrvice was timed appropriately. The rose and pink champagne on valentines was a nice touch. food was prepped to our liking. First time visit to this restaurant and would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- It looked like we were havingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013It looked like we were having dinner in the breakfast bar room for the hotel. The food and service was good but the menu didn't match the venue.
- We were a group of 4 havinglmarieVIPDined on 1/5/2013We were a group of 4 having lunch on Saturday before the Downton Abbey program. Our server was Aaron, who was most attentive and efficient - great service. The soup was awesome and the mini salmon burgers were delicious. We would come back - very good! Lynn WSpecial Features:
- I thought this was a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012I thought this was a good restaurant, however there was nothing really special that would make me want to go back. There are so many restaurants that I really have to be blown away by the food or service (or value) to warrant a return trip. Overall this was a nice restaurant that didn't do anything bad, but didn't really do anything exceptional either.
- So good! So nice! It was ourAdlaiStevensonDined on 12/31/2012So good! So nice! It was our pleasure. If you get the chance, please take the opportunity to check out this lovely place.Special Features:
- Very handy when going to theTCBDDined on 11/30/2012Very handy when going to the Southern Theatre! They are sensitive to getting you to the show on time.
- The food was outstanding andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/30/2012The food was outstanding and the service good. It took a long time for drinks to arrive. I'm thinking maybe they had to come from the bar across the lobby of the hotel. It's not cheap by any means, but very nice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- ConvienentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2012Convienent to the Theater. Hamburger was a little salty and left me with gas throughout the show.Special Features:
- Dinner and a show A+++++++OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2012We went pre-show for Lindsey Buckingham (great show, BTW). Speed to get food was fine (it's a hotel that does room service for 180 rooms, so give them a few extra minutes). Hostess + Server wonderful. Great drinks. Great apps. Duck Pizza great. Seared Tuna (per another review) was outstanding. No silver at all. Very expensive cut served at a reasonable price. Homemade tomato basil soup fantastic. Gameplane: Valet park at Westin $10. Dinner for 2 - $120. Show tickets $150. Lifetime memory.Special Features:
- My meal was overpriced forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/28/2012My meal was overpriced for the effort that seemed to be required to prepare my dish. Also, I would have preferred to see the restaurant use a local coffee supplier, like Stauff's rather than Starbucks.
- It is what it is, a hotelSpartanDined on 4/28/2012It is what it is, a hotel dining room, and as such there are no high expectations. The food is better than most hotel dining rooms, and the menu is creative and interesting. It works because there is a theater attached to the hotel, and they offer valet parking.
- We visited High Street GrillIrishrballDined on 4/26/2012We visited High Street Grill because we had heard the food was good and we had tickets for The Caretaker at the Southern Theater. The food was very good. The server was affable but efficient, and the manager kept an eye on everybody and everything, helping in every way to move dinners along and get everybody in to the theater on time.Special Features:
- New menu, limited choicesMiniskierDined on 4/26/2012This restaurant has always been my go-to place before theatre events at the Southern next door. I was disappointed that it now has a limited menu (heat sealed, looks like a place mat in a diner), similar to the bar menu in the hotel and no longer has a full menu. The food was good but the choices were not what I have come to expect. Prices for a full dinner are a little high for before-theatre fare but we made do with excellent salads.
- They are open essentially2satisfiedDined on 4/21/2012They are open essentially when there is a concert at the Southern Theater. A good, close venue for a pre-concert meal. Our experience hit when the Hotel had several major events to accommodate and the service was not good as the wait staff was too spread out. We did not get drink refills, one of the party had to wait almost 1/2 hour for the food after the other three were served and, though we were seated at 6:30, had no time for dessert before the 8:00 concert and it took over 5 minutes to have the bill picked up, and then by a different server to process. Food is excellent and well prepared, but it was disconcerting when we would like to have been to the concert seating earlier than we were able.Special Features:
- Wonderful pre-Jazz concertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012Wonderful pre-Jazz concert dinner. Menu has something for everyone. 3 of us had the tuna...outstanding!
- Top notch steak house - serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2012Top notch steak house - service and atmosphere are excellent!
- A great venue for pre-theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2012A great venue for pre-theatre dinner. The food was very good but the service was poor. Our server brought the wrong drinks and we waited a long time for our meals even though there were only 4 tables occupied in the restaurant.
- The food was over priced andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2012The food was over priced and my husband had to send his over cooked steak back. It was like room service food in a restaurant. We were not impressed by the food but the service was good.Special Features:
- High Street Grill surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2012This was a surprising find. We had the kids in for the weekend and couldn't find a reasonably priced steak place in the downtown area with Clarmont now closed. This was a great substitute. There were only a handful of people there on a Friday night so the ambiance was awesome and quiet. For apps, had calimari and crab cake and those were the weakest dishes of the night. Crab cake had way too much breading. Calimari sauce was too sweet. But the entrees were outstanding. Had a skirt steak that was one of the best I've ever had. Potatoes were done right, lots of salt. Side sauces were okay, but didn't wow us. Service was the best, really. Something to take your parents to albeit a little pricey. Now go call them.Special Features:
- This was or first time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012This was or first time eating here. I was skeptical about eating at a "hotel restaurant", but the food was very good. Bar service was slow however. Our server seemed a bit overwhelmed and we wondered if she was new to the job. With all the great restaurants in town, not sure I would go back.Special Features:
- The ONLY place to enjoy pre-concertOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/28/2012The ONLY place to enjoy pre-concert cocktails and dinner when attending a performance at The Southern Theatre.Special Features:
- Overall, the experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/31/2011Overall, the experience was ok. Food was excellent - steaks and seafood were cooked perfectly but service was poor. Waitress (though very sweet) kept forgetting one of our friend's drinks, brought out the wrong sauce for the wrong steaks (which we had to wait for steak knives since we only had butter knives), gave my vegetarian friend a pizza with meat, and gave us the wrong checks. It wasn't very busy so felt like it was her first night on the job.
- Overall a nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011Overall a nice experience. Everything we ordered was out in a timely manner and was prepared just as ordered.
- Good food, good service!KristinDined on 12/31/2011Good food, good service! Especially liked that they accomodated us since we showed up early and they made a special drink for us!! Service was great, manager was super nice too!Special Features:
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011The dinner was good and we hade very nice Christmas dinner. Thank you!Special Features:
- The service was very disappointing,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2011The service was very disappointing, very slow and very unorganized. We had dinner on Saturday night and breakfast on Sunday morning, and experienced the same service both days. The food was average, could have been served warmer for both dinner and breakfast.
- This was our first time atintotrackVIPDined on 12/2/2011This was our first time at High Street Grill, and it certainly won't be our last. Our waiter, Casey, was absolutely fabulous. He made us feel like we were the only people in the restaurant!! We didn't want for a thing. I had a filet that was cooked exactly as I wanted. A five-star establishment for sure!!!!Special Features:
- It's a great place for dinnerMiniskierDined on 11/2/2011It's a great place for dinner before attending a performance at the Southern Theatre. The service was prompt but uninspired. The service was so quick that we felt a little rushed and were then left with too much time before the performance.
- Great to couple dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2011Great to couple dinner with a show at the Southern!
- Food all tasted like cafateriaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2011Food all tasted like cafateria food. Poor quality. Would not eat their again. Service was week. Staff lacked experience. It was like getting room service of pre-prepared food in a restaurant. Parking attendent would not take coupon for $3 dollar parking. His sign said $5 but when I came back to leave he demanded $10 for parking. Very unprofessional. We were considering the Weston for a 100 person party but they are definatly off the list.
- Delicious fries, kettle chipsNamretDined on 6/13/2011Delicious fries, kettle chips and veggies. Steak was low quality. Didn't seem too ready for business when we arrived at an empty restaurant.
- Started slow but finished strong.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011I gathered from the staff that this place is never too busy, unless there is a convention in town. It is attached to the hotel so that makes sense. We happen to be the only ones in the entire place at 7pm. I found that to be a little discouraging but we were not disappointed. Food was great and the staff was very kind and helpful!Special Features:
- The High Street Grill wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2011The High Street Grill was a wonderful find for us. We had great steaks and the wild mushroom meatloaf was delicious. We had made reservations to eat there before going to a play, but construction zones had us running quite late. The grill personnel were very understanding, holding our reservation and preparing our meals so we made the play with time to spare. Overall, it is a quiet, wonderful place to eat and share time with friends. The food was excellent and the staff so very kind and understanding. We definitely will add this place to our normal schedule when we come into Colombus.Special Features:
- The food was good and theJaredDined on 4/29/2011The food was good and the service was excellent, but it wasn't anything special. It's a nice place for a quiet dinner, and it's close to everything downtown.
- Great choice before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2011Great choice before a show at the Southern. Parking right next door. Everything in one place.Special Features: