High Street Caffe & Vudu Lounge
322 South High Street
West Chester, PA 19382Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
High Street Caffe & Vudu Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.highstreetcaffe.com/
- Phone: 6106967435
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jay Wenner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We can arrange the room for special events.
- Private Party Contact: Don Syracuse 6106967435
- Entertainment: Live Jazz-the finest players the Philly scene has to offer featuring Dave Manley, Frank Gatas, Paul Kleinfelter and Jason Long. Every Wednesday is open Jazz Jam -so bring your axe and enjoy world class Jazz at its finest!!
A word from High Street Caffe & Vudu Lounge
High Street Caffe, located at 322 S. High Street in historical West Chester, Pennsylvania, is best recognized for its Cajun, Creole and Exotic cuisine. With a Funky-Eclectic atmosphere and a "staff you will want to take home with you”, the High Street Caffé has long been a favorite of Chester County.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
High Street Caffe & Vudu Lounge - Best Restaurants in West Chester ›
High Street Caffe & Vudu Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (32)romantic (27)hot spot (24)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (18)notable wine list (13)late-night find (12)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Small, tables are close, nice bar, nice selection, very college decor, creole food good, seasoned on the safe side, not inexpensiveI would recommend this to a friend.
- no more musselseat8oatDined on 9/13/2014After craving the mussels for months, we went back to have some and discovered they were no longer on the menu! They were on the online menu, so we didn't think twice about it, but when we got to the restaurant they were taken off. When asking the waiter if they were taken off, he said yes, but did not make suggestions or offer to see if the kitchen could still make them. The food here is always good, but we may not go back for a while now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousKascoVIPDined on 9/12/2014Consistently good, whether you try the unusual "gator", Cajun, or stick with the traditional fishes and meats,... there is nothing basic or typical about this food. It is always delicious. We were a party of 6 and everyone loved everything. Love this place.Special Features:
- Enjoyable as alwaysrcwestchesterDined on 8/30/2014The calamari was light and crispy, my companion's braised short rib was tender and flavorful. We had the opportunity to eat outside....great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a disappointmentFrannyKDined on 8/30/2014The good: The cajun/New Orleans cuisine is great. Apps: Cajun popcorn, blackened stuffed mushroom excellent, even tried the fried alligator. Entrees: Jumbalaya excellent, red snapper with shrimp creole wonderful. The bad: Parking. Entrance to lot behind bldg is one way, difficult to enter (full). Street parking bleak. Seating is tight! First table we we couldn't navigate to get there! We are small people! Finally sat us at table near bar and 2 of us were bumped/jostled all nite. Service was very good until our waitress disappeared and a half hour later had to ask someone to find her so we could settle our check. Decision: Great martini menu and food but not worth the hassle.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Excellent Dinner! Menu contained plenty of variety to please everyone in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun in West Chesterraydw00Dined on 8/23/2014Nice cajun restaurant off the main drag of Market & Gay Streets. Food was decent though my wife's scallops were slightly undercooked and overly buttery to her liking. Would consider trying one more time.Special Features:
- Good, but...SandPDined on 8/20/2014Nice relaxed atmosphere, a pleasant waitress, and an appetizing sounding menu, but the food was a bit bland, especially for a "cajun" style restaurant. We had the cajun popcorn crawfish for appetizers, and the Jambalaya, and the Jambalaya Fettuccine for entrees. All seemed under seasoned.
- ExcellantnewtothisDined on 8/17/2014The food was excellent, the service was outstanding and just an overall enjoyable evening. We had a party of six and anyone was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemvcmix1Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was a great place to have dinner. I've lived in the area for several year's and this was the first time I had seen this place. What a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great new orleans style foodGreaseDined on 8/15/2014Gourmet food and great menu selections. Been several times, and always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticfood,great drink selectionL2eatDined on 8/9/2014Every single thing that came to our table was amazing! Everything had so much flavor, we couldn't decide whose was our favorite dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014Great restaurant. I had blackened chicken with a crab cake. Prices very reasonable. Great choices. Nice atmosphere also. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great Cajun/creole menu. Owner was also very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outLeslieBDined on 7/26/2014We had a fabulous dinner at High Street Caffe. My husband used to live in Lake Charles, LA and when we have a hankerin' for Cajun food we go to High Street. The waitstaff was great and dinner was off the cuff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysKirstenP01Dined on 7/19/2014I wish I could say I tried something new but the allure of Fried Shrimp Wenner and shrimp/crawfish etoufee gets me every time. Cocktails were delicious and the service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesGwilyDined on 7/19/2014The food is consistently great and the servers are attentive and friendly. The seasonings are a culinary mastery and the combinations of flavors explode in your mouth. My husband had the crab cakes with an artichokes cream sauce and I had their famous jambalaya with chicken that is just spicy enough to enjoy the mix of flavors. The portions are generous but don't forget to leave room for dessert. The homemade confections are to die for. This is the only place we will ask for doggie bags to bring home leftovers.Special Features:
- DavidFVIPDined on 7/18/2014Great cajun food. Never had a bad meal. It's just a little tight which makes it difficult for the wait staff to get to the tables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of PaceDiner44Dined on 7/18/2014My wife and I have been going to High Street Caffe for years. The food use to be better but it is still pretty good and a great change of pace to the normal West Chester offerings. They have several very good traditional New Orleans apps and meals and a few that don't cut the mustard. The prices have steadily risen over the years making it more of a special occasion restaurant versus a regular stop for us. We still enjoy the change of pace even if it is less frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, less formalMikeyDined on 7/11/2014I had not been to High Street Caffe since before the major renovation that happened several years ago, but I recall it feeling like more of a high-end place than the restaurant my wife and I visited for her birthday. The new bar feels like the bar at any West Chester restaurant, and the overall ambiance feels like an attempt to meld a college bar - complete with strings of lights - with a fancy restaurant. The restaurant was pretty loud, and the service was pretty slow for a Friday night. Having said that, the food was as good as I remember. The blackened alligator appetizer was tasty, as was the shrimp and crawfish jambalaya. I would recommend it for some tasty food, but not for a fancy date.Special Features:
- Great food, but not for the moneyhippymasterVIPDined on 7/5/2014Étouffée was very tasty, and the crab and watermelon salad was fresh and eclectic. However, you gotta judge the food by its price, and at $37 for the two dishes....in Westchester, I'd say it wasn't quite the value for money I've enjoyed elsewhere locally. However, if you've got deeper pockets, it's definitely a taste treat to take advantage of often.
- favoriteLaylayVIPDined on 7/1/2014This is one of my favorite spots. Haven't had a bad meal yet. Owner Don is very kind and generous! We be back many times this summer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good as we remember..VelvetHarryDined on 6/25/2014My wife and I used to live walking distance to High Street Caffe and visited it several times for special occasions like Valentine's Day, Anniversaries, etc. and always found the food and atmosphere to be awesome. They make upscale Cajun food, but still keep it pretty simple rather than trying to compete to see who has the most obscure ingredients like a lot of "foodie friendly" places these days. High Street takes ingredients like their "Holy Trinity" of peppers, onions and celery and puts together just outstanding, perfectly cooked dishes that are amazing. I had blackened chicken, shrimp and scallops over dirty rice with a bit of Cajun mustard sauce and it was divine. Great and helpful service as well and great beer selection.Special Features:
- A Favorite SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014The High Street Cafe is one of my favorite places to take friends, business partners and client to. It has great food and a unique "feel at home" atmosphere. The service is attentive and the patrons are both local and from far away places. It is a fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewflockDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I had dinner at the Vudu Lounge on 6/21/14 and had a great time. Excellent food and service. Extensive beer and wine list. Would highly recommend the place to my friends. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!FilygalDined on 6/21/2014Excellent food ALL THE TIME! High Street Cafe NEVER disappoints! The food is excellent and everyone there is SUPER!Special Features:
- Consistently Great FoodServiceMusicJeffDDined on 6/20/2014Always enjoy getting a group of friends together for a night out for food, drinks, and music. Love the band The Sermon! high energy and perfect cool the room.Special Features:
- FantasticFoodie24Dined on 6/20/2014The food and atmosphere are outstanding. I've been here plenty of times but it was my fiancès first time and I was literally waiting for him to pick up his plate and like the remaining food up. The service never disappoints despite the small space and busy area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spot in West ChesterThefeedDined on 6/14/2014The food is incredible. We never leave disappointed. It is a very small place so make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot with Interesting VibeVegetarianVIPDined on 6/11/2014High Street Caffe continues to reinvent itself--always in a purple and black hue. On this occasion, four of us had lunch. It was pleasant, but we commented that the menu had less options than before and there were no specials to augment the offerings. Lots of meat and seafood--not much else.
- Consistent Cajun FoodwcdinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014If you enjoy New Orleans style food, you will enjoy High Street Cafe.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014I went here with my boyfriend for a last minute dinner date, we sat down and had our drinks and bread brought out right away. We put our order in and it took about 30-40 minutes for our good to come out. The food was awesome as far as taste. And they gave us complimentary desert to make up for the wait. I thought that was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good southern vibeJammanDined on 6/5/2014Decor was eclectic and classy. Food was New Orleans based, very good. Service was attentive. Prices were a bit high is my only fault w the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spiced Up Our LivesHappyDinerVIPDined on 6/5/2014I brought a group of colleagues from China and India for dinner since they had never explored Cajun/Creole food. We had everything from alligator to shrimp to gumbo for appetizers and then the real spicy food arrived. From the jambalaya to the Étouffée, the food was awesome with just the right amount of spice. My friends left with a great impression of the Cajun food style. Plus the hurricanes are to die for!Special Features:
- A timeless classic, updatedJohnWCDined on 5/30/2014The High Street has always been a favorite of mine; it's even better with the (relatively) new bar. The Voodoo crawfish is still delicious (but not for the faint of heart). And the tuna is among the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- "High"ly Recommend!GWK1VIPDined on 5/30/2014Weather you are going for a happy hour beverage, beverages and wonderful appetizer's or a great meal with family and friends this is always a special place to go in West Chester, Pa. Thanks as always to Donnie and his professional team at High Street!Special Features:
- food travlerinteresteddinnerDined on 5/24/2014have been to the high street cafe many times, if you rajin for cajun, its the place, many other cajun have burgers and finger food but if you want cajun entrees this is the place, a little small and noisy but the food makes up for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Tennismom302Dined on 5/24/2014Unique menu choices and great service. Fresh baked, warm bread loaf was a real treat too. Dinner was delicious and pleniful and served quickly by a very pleasant waitress. Chocolate mousse is out of this world! I love this restaurant!! Our children showed us this restaurant, and we have been a few times with them, but this time my husband and I went alone! Always a good time, good service, and GREAT food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 369 reviews are from the High Street Caffe & Vudu Lounge reviews archive.
- Delicious!finedinerDined on 5/17/2014Been here many times - food was excellent, as well as the Hurricane(s). They just need a little more help - service friendly but sporadic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in West ChesterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014My husband & I have been going to High Street Caffe since it opened. The food continues to be the best around. The blackened ahi tuna is always cooked to perfection. The only down side is the noise level if you want a quiet romantic setting. But the quality of the food overrides that for us. If you haven't tried this place yet you are missing some unbelievable food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Street CaffehotstuffDined on 5/10/2014We have been going to the High Street Caffe for years. Every time we go, the food is delicious and the service is excellent! We are West Chester residents and the High Street is our go to place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.