High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort
1200 Athens Avenue
Lincoln, CA 95648Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thundervalleyresort.com/Dining/High-Steaks
- Phone: 9164088327
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 5PM to 10PM. Friday and Saturday: 5PM to 11PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano-bar-style entertainment Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort
High Steaks steakhouse prepares the finest cuts of Prime beef broiled to perfection alongside unique appetizers and side dishes such as our signature Bacon-Wrapped Prawns or Sweet Corn Brûlée. Complement your meal with an award-winning wine selection, featuring some of the most notable vintners, while you savor traditional steakhouse dining amid an atmosphere of style, class and sophistication.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort - Best Restaurants in Lincoln ›
High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)romantic (57)notable wine list (42)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (16)late-night find (14)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014OUR WAITER WAS GREAT. EXPLAIN THE MENU WHAT WAS GOOD OR OK. I LOVED HOW WHEN YOU ARE A 1ST TIME CUSTOMER YOU ARE ABLE TO SAMPLE A DISH. AFTER DINNER YOU GET CHOCOLATE FOR THE TASTE BUDS. THE SET UP WAS VERY NICE. FOR ME THE ONLY DRAW BACK I COULD NOT SEE THE MENU. THE LIGHTS WERE SO DIM. MY HUSBAND HAD TO READ ITEMS ON THE MENU. FINALLY THE WAITER HAD A LITTLE LIGHT SO I COULD SEE. OVERALL GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Everything was perfect. Our server was friendly and attentive. The salad, steaks and sides were excellent. The wine list was great. The restaurant has a new outdoor patio, which was very nice. We had dessert and after dinner drinks out on the patio. It was a special touch for our evening out. We will go to High Steaks again.Special Features:
- Good Steak, too much smokingsteaktobaccoDined on 9/12/2014Good service,good food. However, unless you are a smoker, horrible smell and headache afterward. Would only recommend if you are a smoker and or can take plenty of tobacco smoking, because you will surely get a good dose of it. Otherwise, there are several other good Steak house in around the area.
- you need to try the mac n cheese..justmeDined on 9/12/2014Been here twice now and will be coming back. The service and food are awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime ribLincolndinerDined on 9/9/2014We ordered the special Prime Rib, and recommended it to couple next to us, unfortunately they had run out. So come early for this one. Only on Tuesday's.Special Features:
- bummedmlkmnDined on 9/6/2014Have eaten here before and was very good...This time was very disappointed. .probably the worst prime rib that I have eaten, although the service was excellent. The noise was very loud due to a live band across from restaurant.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Best restraunt I have been to in a long time. The food was amazing & our server Max was exceptional! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceJIMMDined on 9/6/2014We had exceptional service from all of the people that worked that night. Patrick was especially friendly and helpful in making our evening a true delight.Special Features:
- First timeerAaronDined on 9/6/2014Due to having reservations, my wife and I were immediately accepted and taken to our table. We were given options for our appetizers, wine selections...etc.. All based on excellent customer service. The food was good...but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much $$$ for what you getDianeDined on 9/6/2014For the prices, you'd expect a finer dining experience, more sophisticated and subtle dishes, etc. it was good, but not THAT good.
- AnniversaryjudburnsDined on 9/5/2014Service and server excellent . . each course more beautifully presented than the last. Pricey, but worth it:)Special Features:
- A very nice restaurantvikkitennisDined on 9/5/2014We dined at the High Steaks Restaurant Friday night before the Foreigner show. We were not terribly hungry, and ordered a salad each, and a side dish, from one of the many sides to choose from. The wedge salad was excellent; I loved the crispy onions on top, as opposed to bacon! I had a large side dish of potatoes au gratin, which fed the three of us. My husband had spinach salad with a side of green beans, enough to feed five people. My friend Kari had the caprese salad, and loved it. The rolls were excellent. Our waitress was very nice, but I didn't place five stars for service, as they seemed busy with other tables. I would definitely go back and highly recommend anyone to patronize the High Steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetePeteGDined on 9/1/2014I had the rib steak with a baked potato.I ordered it medium but I thought it was slightly more done than normal medium, and it was over-salted. The baked potato was outstanding. The meat itself was first grade. My wife had the filet mignon with mushrooms. She thought it was excellent. Overall it is a fine dining experience, though it is pricey.Special Features:
- unexpectedly poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014for the money we spent $$$ the service was marginal at best, food was very good , next time we'll try the buffet
- 1st time visitorsLuvsteakDined on 8/23/2014High Steaks came highly recommended by a casino regular. Great greeting & table side attention! It was Saturday night & 'Yes' was in concert so a crowd was on hand. Still all in all a very nice meal. We had the Wagyu Filet & Nebraska bone in NY strip. Flavor was great but both steaks were more done than requested and the potato was a bit cool. Our waiter pleaded to fix it but even overcooked to our preference, the flavors were incredible & we were hungry-so we ate them 'as is'. The heirloom caprese was fantastic! A nice find and we will likely return maybe when it is not so busy.Special Features:
- Great Except...danandcindyDined on 8/23/2014We sat outside & when the night lights came on the little bulb lights should have been dimmer, but most importantly, there was one big central light that was BLINDING Bright. That one should definitely be more dim. It defeated the romantic atmosphere we wanted. Otherwise we enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Good but expensivessooogood2Dined on 8/23/2014The service was exceptional as always at the restaurant. The reservation through open table was seamless. The food quality has somewhat declined. I had the special with a 6 oz steak and it was not very good - not a good cut. The breads and French onion soup were excellent and so was the crème brule.Special Features:
- Concert DinnerSkierDebDined on 8/23/2014We met our friends here for dinner before a summer concert. We were all pleasantly surprised at the high quality of food, the nice setting, and the great service. Our waiter made sure that we had plenty of time to make it to our show. We have already made reservations for another pre-concert dinner. If we lived closer, we would come even more frequently!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreathobmanDined on 8/16/20141st class in every category! Hopefully you win at the casino so you can afford the meal! Very high end prices. Entrees up to $105 for steak & lobster, YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thunder Steakhouse is OutstandingRowdyDined on 8/14/2014As always, Thunder Steakhouse doesn't disappoint. The filets, lamb, and pork were wonderful, as were all the fixings. Our waiter, Michael P. was outstanding once again.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014We wanted a special dining experience to celebrate our 56th wedding anniversary and High Steaks just fit the bill. The service was excellent and the filet was very good. Our only disappointment was the noise level. This is no place to go if one wants a quiet place for conversation. Perhaps there are other parts of the restaurant that are quieter than where we were seated. If we return, we will certainly ask.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening at High SteaksgolfergalDined on 8/9/2014We dined at High Steaks Restaurant for our anniversary on a Friday evening. The casino was extremely busy with lots of events both inside and outside. After checking in for dinner, we stepped over to the bar and had drinks before dinner. The bar area was absolutely jam packed, but we found it lively and fun. Our table was ready on time, our servicer was timely in taking our order, the service was spectacular, and the food was top notch. The ambience was romantic, and although the restaurant was packed, it was never noisy. As a special treat after dinner, we were served a delicious cheese cake with chocolate writing spelling out Happy Anniversary. It was a great evening and we will go back!Special Features:
- Much better than I had expectedPuccirxDined on 8/9/2014Very high quality steakhouse with excellent caring service and great food. All served in a timely manner in a very nice setting.Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Mike was our server and was awesome. The entire staff was friendly. food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOccasionalDiner1Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I had our anniversary dinner there. Our server was very attentive. I think her name was Gabrielle. She was extremely friendly and made us feel comfortable. The food was delicious. A manager even came by and asked how everything was. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksFoodiesDined on 8/7/2014Much better than Ruth's Chris and a lot less expensive. We had great service and were not rushed. A very enjoyable evening. Dress is casual but also is nice for a smarter casual as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANDERSONSANDERSONSDined on 8/3/2014WISH THERE WAS AN OUTSIDE ENTRANCE TO AVOID THE SMOKE - A WONDERFUL 4 STAR MEAL - BEST STEAK IN TOWN (AND CRAB CAKES) - OUR WAITER MIKE WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE OUR 40TH ANNIVERSARY DINNER SPECIAL - SO NICE. HE WANTED TO SURPRISE US WITH A DESSERT AND WHEN I TOLD HIM I DIDN'T EAT SUGAR HE STARTED THINKING - AND THINKING - AND FINALLY CAME OUT WITH A COCKTAIL GLASS OF FRESH FRUIT - 2 CANDLES - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY IN CHOCOLATE ON THE PLATE AND A WHITE AND DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED STRAWBERRY FOR MY HUSBAND THAT LOOKED LIKED A TUXEDO - NAILED IT!!!!!! WE WOULD GO AGAIN FOR THE FOOD AND SERVICE.Special Features:
- excellent food!daydreamerDined on 8/1/2014The food is top notch! Great service too! Personal faves are the Lobster Chowder, Rib Eye, Crab Cakes, Fried Chicken, Sweet Corn...oh hell...I love it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal before a great show!RenegadebbDined on 8/1/2014Went to High Steaks as we were going to a concert there after. Food was very good and the service was excellent. Had a very nice concert pre fixed menu. Would definately recommend. Property was very nice too. Just have to stay out of casino and all the smoke. Thankfully not a problem in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5150Dined on 7/25/2014Really enjoyed James as our waiter. He always makes the experience great.Special Features:
- Great restaurantFreddycDined on 7/23/2014Amazing restaurant, great service great ambience I love this restaurant I recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great steaks and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Dining at High Steaks is always a tasty and calm experience. Service is excellent. Tried the peppercorn sauce with the filet this time. Extradinary. Unfortunately a table near by had a loud woman with an annoying voice. I would encourage putting parties away from the other guests. Otherwise experience was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced - food and service greatfoothillsgalDined on 7/19/2014$195 for two people (not including tip!). Shrimp cocktail and ahi poke for appetizers. Petit filet and beef wellington as entrees. Corn brulee and fries as a side. Each had 2 drinks. Food was great, but not worth the $200, especially consider the ambiance was heavy and dark - and smelled terribly of smoke, thanks to the casino. The service, however, was exemplary. This would be a fine place to celebrate big winnings or take someone out who's impressed with high prices and a good wine selection. With another fine steakhouse not far away that's less pricey and smokey, I won't be coming back here.Special Features:
- GREAT-GREAT PLACE!!!!bellsDined on 7/18/2014REALLY GOOD FOOD, BUT SERVICE WAS A LITTLE SLOW. SOME FOOD DIDN'T COME OUT WITH THE REST OF DINNERS. THEY DID TAKE IR OFF THE BILL AS A RESULT.......Special Features:
- Food was god, really good.AlisonDined on 7/18/2014Been here a few times and had expectations going in. We weren't disappointed, the food was good. The fried chicken with the sage gravy is back on the menu. The only constructive feedback is that they seat dinner in the bar now so having a pre-dinner drink isn't possible. Folks are even eating at the bar. Otherwise, it was enjoyable and high quality.Special Features:
- concertDined on 7/18/2014As always, everything was absolutely perfect!!! Thank you High Steaks!Special Features:
- Nice get awayFun2TryNewRestaurantsDined on 7/16/2014We stayed at the hotel as a nice get away even though it is basically in our back yard. High Steaks was very enjoyable. A few issues with a dirty napkin and my wine served in a cracked glass, but those were taken care of. The 2.5 inch thick new York and the lamb were wonderful (even the left overs the next day). We also appreciated the waiter suggesting we split our salad choice. Nice ability to talk and we also love the bar. It was fun to pretend we were in Vegas and only have 3 mile drive home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed this restaurantBDfuntodineDined on 7/16/2014Great place to dine for any occasion, nice atmosphere and outstanding food, good service. the steak was so good. they had a side dish of yams had topping on it was excellent. Quiet could have conversation with partner very relaxing. I will definitely return even tho I have 2 hr drive it is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryRockyDined on 7/16/2014Very good experience with good service and great food. We asked for a booth via reservation to celebrate our anniversary, but none was reserved and we accepted a regular table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- concert dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014great for dinner before concert and they will keep any extra food for you until after concertSpecial Features: