High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort
1200 Athens Avenue
Lincoln, CA 95648Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thundervalleyresort.com/Dining/High-Steaks
- Phone: (916) 408-8327
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 5PM to 10PM. Friday and Saturday: 5PM to 11PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano-bar-style entertainment Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort
High Steaks steakhouse prepares the finest cuts of Prime beef broiled to perfection alongside unique appetizers and side dishes such as our signature Bacon-Wrapped Prawns or Sweet Corn Brûlée. Complement your meal with an award-winning wine selection, featuring some of the most notable vintners, while you savor traditional steakhouse dining amid an atmosphere of style, class and sophistication.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort - Best Restaurants in Lincoln ›
High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (54)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)hot spot (12)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OverallBarryDined on 11/20/2014Our food selections were very good and the server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always impressedSonyaDined on 11/16/2014Love High Steaks! Always amazing service! Tristan was exceptional... really professional and attentive. Food was equally impressive.,. Large portions ...took home our leftovers and had a complete second meal. We've visited quite a few times and never disappointed ... We will keep coming back 😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The service was great, appetizers were great, but our steaks tasted like cruise ship food. The filet was really salty and had a distinct taste that was not so pleasing. We have eaten there several times before and their steaks were great. Something has changed and not for the good. I hope they rethink whatever it is that they have done!
- Lowered ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014The waiter did not write our order down. He forgot one person’s meal and soup for another. Food was very good once we received it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- our anniversary celebrationJTMS04Dined on 11/8/2014This was my husband and I first time at a fancy restaurant. We were celebrating our 8 years anniversary. The food was amazing! Best meal in our entire lives. The service was top notch and easy going. Our waiter was such a gentleman. The decor was so romantic and warming. We will definitely be returning customers :-DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!CaliforniaDreamingDined on 11/6/2014This is a neighborhood favorite. The food is fabulous. You have to try the filet mignon with lump crab and asparagus, absolutely delicious. Don't forget to start out with the bacon wrapped shrimp; it is amazing! Our server was first rate and very knowledgeable about the wine selection. He even offered us several tasting samples to ensure we found just the right selection. A wonderful dining experience that I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Steak overcookedCathyDined on 11/5/2014I ordered the 22 ounce, bone-in Prime steak. Sounds big, but I don't think it was 22 ounce. It was smaller and was overcooked. I ordered medium rare and it turned out more medium than rare. The browned butter with cilantro was excellent and helped the dryness of the steak. Lastly, the steak was not as tender as the aged prime rib steak I had at Harris' Restaurant in SF. The chopped salad was bland. What was excellent was the Oscar topping on the steak and the smoked corn and lobster soup. The soup had great flavor, but lacked lobster. I guess they just use the shells for flavor. I would order the soup again because it tasted so good.Special Features:
- Gen4Dined on 11/4/2014Great time as always would recommend for any special occasionSpecial Features:
- Love dining herespecialnightsDined on 11/2/2014We like to come here on special occasions. It was our 17th anniversary and my wife and I sneak away without the kids to enjoy wonderful steak and crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Great food, tasty drinks, crazy wine list. Very nice place. Stylish ans warm, not cold and modern. It's pricey, but they treat you right. Great place for a romantic night or impressive dinner.Special Features:
- High Steaks RestaurantdiningoutduoDined on 10/18/2014Our meal at High Steaks Restaurant was excellent. The service was very good. The staff was very attentive. The rib eye steak and the prime rib entrees were delicious, as well as the sides that we selected. We would certainly go back to High Steaks for another great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 65th Birthday CelebrationrailfanronVIPDined on 10/15/2014Wife took me here for my 65th birthday. The service was great, quality of food was excellent, and overall experience was amazing. We have eaten here a number of times, and have not been disappointed. Bone-in rib eye was delicious. Wife had the filet. Wine list has a number of reasonably priced bottles. Overall, a special night.Special Features:
- AMD Birthday BashAMDBirthdayBash2014Dined on 10/14/2014Group of 7 for dinner-;steaks and 1 sea bass which was ok but the steaks were AMAZING!!!! They all ordered the 22oz Ribeye and every single one of them raved about the meat. The ala carte is pricey. Our waiter Stephon and the maître 'd were gracious and accommodating when our prime ribs were given to another guest--class act all the way. The setting was inviting, intimate and lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerrockDined on 10/11/2014We had the 8 oz Filet that I would consider a bit "grainy" - not smooth as expected. Otherwise the meal was very good and the service was excellent. The restaurant is a high noise level.Special Features:
- Hi Steaks but High PricesMafiaElvisDined on 10/9/2014The Hi Steaks is a very nice restaurant. The food is great though many of their menu items are on the very high priced side. We were fortunate enough to have this October's special, a beer pairing dinner for $60 per person. The beers were perfect with each course. We had the Tillamook beer soup. It was divine and the sour beer that was paired was excellent. For the main course you could have a pork chop or a bacon wrapped filet mignon. We chose the filet paired with payback porter from San Francisco and it was perfect, though on the small side. Dessert was a chocolate ganache cake and again the Sour Raspberry beer was great with it. All together, the beer dinner is a great deal!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014I was STUNNED at the prices of the food!!! And before I could make a reservation, I couldn't fine the prices, the menu, anything. I didn't think it was worth the $137.00 I spent on 2 of us! and we SHARED - the green beans, the potato and the salad! I will not be visiting your restaurant for a long, long time!Special Features:
- High Steaks getting oldKathyDined on 10/2/2014High Steaks menu needs to be updated with some new choices. We go there at least once a month and it would be nice to see the side dishes change a little and the entrees added to. I wouldn't get rid of too many items but mix it up more often would be nice. The service was not great as our waitress had table of ten and they took a lot of her time. Service has been an issue every time we have been there. They need to do a better job of training their bus help to compliment the wait staff. They have managers walking around in suits and talking to each other but not paying attention to the service level. The bus help should be able to refill sodas and water glasses. Dirty empty dishes should be removed promptly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014$55 steak was cold! I was expecting the best steak ever! But I didn't get it!
- TerribleLadyADined on 9/26/2014As a birthday gift to my husband, I made a reservation almost a month in advance for an 8pm event at the casino. Arrived and was seated outside, I asked if we could be inside as it was cool and was told it would be an additional 30 minutes. Asked the waiter if we had to order off the special menu to make the event and were told no that we had plenty of time. Ordered our whole meal at once and waited over an hour just to get our soups, among other issues. Dinner showed up 10 minutes before the start of the event, mine was dry and my husbands was cold. Hurried through the food, couldn't get dessert, terrible experience. If you cannot serve tables within a reasonable amount of time you should NOT TAKE RESERVATIONS!Special Features:
- Love it!!LisansacDined on 9/25/2014Always a wonderful place to go- great food and wonderful experience!!Special Features:
- If you love beef don't miss itbigw3260Dined on 9/20/2014High Steaks serves USDA Prime or better steaks and their chef's know how to cook them. The service is excellent and all the side dishes we tried were very good. We celebrated our wedding anniversary at High Steaks and the waiter notified the chef who comped us desert that was beautifully decorated to say happy anniversary. We had a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Infiniti35Dined on 9/20/2014The service was great, and the food was great. The only thing I would mention was that I would not reserve a table on the patio again, We were in the sun, and there were bees and flies everywhere. The canned music was coming through the speakers as well as the live entertainment inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best place to eatFredDined on 9/20/2014We had a great dinner which was complimented by James the waiter and Pat, they provide the best customer service just like the last time we were thereSpecial Features:
- Service and food were spectacularEGConcertgoersDined on 9/19/2014We had spectacular service in the bar and restaurant. Servers were friendly and informative. Food was perfect and servers recommendations were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only drawback -it's in a casinoEnjoyDiningOutVIPDined on 9/19/2014Every aspect of the food was delicious. The amuse bouche just a hint of what was to come. The breads were unique & tasty. The entrees were perfectly cooked (& quite generous). The steamed asparagus & salted baked potato sides were perfectly prepared. The salted chocolate w/ caramel was a nice, unexpected finish to a delicious meal. Pacing was perfect. Waitstaff were attentive w/o hovering. They attended to & anticipated our every need. The frozen tea for ice cubes in my iced tea is the perfect example of unexpected attention to detail. This is how dining should be! Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VIRGO611Dined on 9/13/2014OUR WAITER WAS GREAT. EXPLAIN THE MENU WHAT WAS GOOD OR OK. I LOVED HOW WHEN YOU ARE A 1ST TIME CUSTOMER YOU ARE ABLE TO SAMPLE A DISH. AFTER DINNER YOU GET CHOCOLATE FOR THE TASTE BUDS. THE SET UP WAS VERY NICE. FOR ME THE ONLY DRAW BACK I COULD NOT SEE THE MENU. THE LIGHTS WERE SO DIM. MY HUSBAND HAD TO READ ITEMS ON THE MENU. FINALLY THE WAITER HAD A LITTLE LIGHT SO I COULD SEE. OVERALL GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Everything was perfect. Our server was friendly and attentive. The salad, steaks and sides were excellent. The wine list was great. The restaurant has a new outdoor patio, which was very nice. We had dessert and after dinner drinks out on the patio. It was a special touch for our evening out. We will go to High Steaks again.Special Features:
- Good Steak, too much smokingsteaktobaccoDined on 9/12/2014Good service,good food. However, unless you are a smoker, horrible smell and headache afterward. Would only recommend if you are a smoker and or can take plenty of tobacco smoking, because you will surely get a good dose of it. Otherwise, there are several other good Steak house in around the area.
- you need to try the mac n cheese..justmeDined on 9/12/2014Been here twice now and will be coming back. The service and food are awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime ribLincolndinerDined on 9/9/2014We ordered the special Prime Rib, and recommended it to couple next to us, unfortunately they had run out. So come early for this one. Only on Tuesday's.Special Features:
- bummedmlkmnDined on 9/6/2014Have eaten here before and was very good...This time was very disappointed. .probably the worst prime rib that I have eaten, although the service was excellent. The noise was very loud due to a live band across from restaurant.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Best restraunt I have been to in a long time. The food was amazing & our server Max was exceptional! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceJIMMDined on 9/6/2014We had exceptional service from all of the people that worked that night. Patrick was especially friendly and helpful in making our evening a true delight.Special Features:
- First timeerAaronDined on 9/6/2014Due to having reservations, my wife and I were immediately accepted and taken to our table. We were given options for our appetizers, wine selections...etc.. All based on excellent customer service. The food was good...but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much $$$ for what you getDianeDined on 9/6/2014For the prices, you'd expect a finer dining experience, more sophisticated and subtle dishes, etc. it was good, but not THAT good.
- AnniversaryjudburnsDined on 9/5/2014Service and server excellent . . each course more beautifully presented than the last. Pricey, but worth it:)Special Features:
- A very nice restaurantvikkitennisDined on 9/5/2014We dined at the High Steaks Restaurant Friday night before the Foreigner show. We were not terribly hungry, and ordered a salad each, and a side dish, from one of the many sides to choose from. The wedge salad was excellent; I loved the crispy onions on top, as opposed to bacon! I had a large side dish of potatoes au gratin, which fed the three of us. My husband had spinach salad with a side of green beans, enough to feed five people. My friend Kari had the caprese salad, and loved it. The rolls were excellent. Our waitress was very nice, but I didn't place five stars for service, as they seemed busy with other tables. I would definitely go back and highly recommend anyone to patronize the High Steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetePeteGDined on 9/1/2014I had the rib steak with a baked potato.I ordered it medium but I thought it was slightly more done than normal medium, and it was over-salted. The baked potato was outstanding. The meat itself was first grade. My wife had the filet mignon with mushrooms. She thought it was excellent. Overall it is a fine dining experience, though it is pricey.Special Features:
- unexpectedly poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014for the money we spent $$$ the service was marginal at best, food was very good , next time we'll try the buffet
- 1st time visitorsLuvsteakDined on 8/23/2014High Steaks came highly recommended by a casino regular. Great greeting & table side attention! It was Saturday night & 'Yes' was in concert so a crowd was on hand. Still all in all a very nice meal. We had the Wagyu Filet & Nebraska bone in NY strip. Flavor was great but both steaks were more done than requested and the potato was a bit cool. Our waiter pleaded to fix it but even overcooked to our preference, the flavors were incredible & we were hungry-so we ate them 'as is'. The heirloom caprese was fantastic! A nice find and we will likely return maybe when it is not so busy.Special Features: