High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort
1200 Athens Avenue
Lincoln, CA 95648Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thundervalleyresort.com/Dining/High-Steaks
- Phone: 9164088327
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 5PM to 10PM. Friday and Saturday: 5PM to 11PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano-bar-style entertainment Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort
High Steaks steakhouse prepares the finest cuts of Prime beef broiled to perfection alongside unique appetizers and side dishes such as our signature Bacon-Wrapped Prawns or Sweet Corn Brûlée. Complement your meal with an award-winning wine selection, featuring some of the most notable vintners, while you savor traditional steakhouse dining amid an atmosphere of style, class and sophistication.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort - Best Restaurants in Lincoln ›
High Steaks - Thunder Valley Casino Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)romantic (62)notable wine list (45)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- unexpectedly poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014for the money we spent $$$ the service was marginal at best, food was very good , next time we'll try the buffet
- 1st time visitorsLuvsteakDined on 8/23/2014High Steaks came highly recommended by a casino regular. Great greeting & table side attention! It was Saturday night & 'Yes' was in concert so a crowd was on hand. Still all in all a very nice meal. We had the Wagyu Filet & Nebraska bone in NY strip. Flavor was great but both steaks were more done than requested and the potato was a bit cool. Our waiter pleaded to fix it but even overcooked to our preference, the flavors were incredible & we were hungry-so we ate them 'as is'. The heirloom caprese was fantastic! A nice find and we will likely return maybe when it is not so busy.Special Features:
- Great Except...danandcindyDined on 8/23/2014We sat outside & when the night lights came on the little bulb lights should have been dimmer, but most importantly, there was one big central light that was BLINDING Bright. That one should definitely be more dim. It defeated the romantic atmosphere we wanted. Otherwise we enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Good but expensivessooogood2Dined on 8/23/2014The service was exceptional as always at the restaurant. The reservation through open table was seamless. The food quality has somewhat declined. I had the special with a 6 oz steak and it was not very good - not a good cut. The breads and French onion soup were excellent and so was the crème brule.Special Features:
- Concert DinnerSkierDebDined on 8/23/2014We met our friends here for dinner before a summer concert. We were all pleasantly surprised at the high quality of food, the nice setting, and the great service. Our waiter made sure that we had plenty of time to make it to our show. We have already made reservations for another pre-concert dinner. If we lived closer, we would come even more frequently!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreathobmanDined on 8/16/20141st class in every category! Hopefully you win at the casino so you can afford the meal! Very high end prices. Entrees up to $105 for steak & lobster, YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thunder Steakhouse is OutstandingRowdyDined on 8/14/2014As always, Thunder Steakhouse doesn't disappoint. The filets, lamb, and pork were wonderful, as were all the fixings. Our waiter, Michael P. was outstanding once again.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014We wanted a special dining experience to celebrate our 56th wedding anniversary and High Steaks just fit the bill. The service was excellent and the filet was very good. Our only disappointment was the noise level. This is no place to go if one wants a quiet place for conversation. Perhaps there are other parts of the restaurant that are quieter than where we were seated. If we return, we will certainly ask.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening at High SteaksgolfergalDined on 8/9/2014We dined at High Steaks Restaurant for our anniversary on a Friday evening. The casino was extremely busy with lots of events both inside and outside. After checking in for dinner, we stepped over to the bar and had drinks before dinner. The bar area was absolutely jam packed, but we found it lively and fun. Our table was ready on time, our servicer was timely in taking our order, the service was spectacular, and the food was top notch. The ambience was romantic, and although the restaurant was packed, it was never noisy. As a special treat after dinner, we were served a delicious cheese cake with chocolate writing spelling out Happy Anniversary. It was a great evening and we will go back!Special Features:
- Much better than I had expectedPuccirxDined on 8/9/2014Very high quality steakhouse with excellent caring service and great food. All served in a timely manner in a very nice setting.Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Mike was our server and was awesome. The entire staff was friendly. food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOccasionalDiner1Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I had our anniversary dinner there. Our server was very attentive. I think her name was Gabrielle. She was extremely friendly and made us feel comfortable. The food was delicious. A manager even came by and asked how everything was. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksFoodiesDined on 8/7/2014Much better than Ruth's Chris and a lot less expensive. We had great service and were not rushed. A very enjoyable evening. Dress is casual but also is nice for a smarter casual as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANDERSONSANDERSONSDined on 8/3/2014WISH THERE WAS AN OUTSIDE ENTRANCE TO AVOID THE SMOKE - A WONDERFUL 4 STAR MEAL - BEST STEAK IN TOWN (AND CRAB CAKES) - OUR WAITER MIKE WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE OUR 40TH ANNIVERSARY DINNER SPECIAL - SO NICE. HE WANTED TO SURPRISE US WITH A DESSERT AND WHEN I TOLD HIM I DIDN'T EAT SUGAR HE STARTED THINKING - AND THINKING - AND FINALLY CAME OUT WITH A COCKTAIL GLASS OF FRESH FRUIT - 2 CANDLES - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY IN CHOCOLATE ON THE PLATE AND A WHITE AND DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED STRAWBERRY FOR MY HUSBAND THAT LOOKED LIKED A TUXEDO - NAILED IT!!!!!! WE WOULD GO AGAIN FOR THE FOOD AND SERVICE.Special Features:
- excellent food!daydreamerDined on 8/1/2014The food is top notch! Great service too! Personal faves are the Lobster Chowder, Rib Eye, Crab Cakes, Fried Chicken, Sweet Corn...oh hell...I love it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal before a great show!RenegadebbDined on 8/1/2014Went to High Steaks as we were going to a concert there after. Food was very good and the service was excellent. Had a very nice concert pre fixed menu. Would definately recommend. Property was very nice too. Just have to stay out of casino and all the smoke. Thankfully not a problem in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5150Dined on 7/25/2014Really enjoyed James as our waiter. He always makes the experience great.Special Features:
- Great restaurantFreddycDined on 7/23/2014Amazing restaurant, great service great ambience I love this restaurant I recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great steaks and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Dining at High Steaks is always a tasty and calm experience. Service is excellent. Tried the peppercorn sauce with the filet this time. Extradinary. Unfortunately a table near by had a loud woman with an annoying voice. I would encourage putting parties away from the other guests. Otherwise experience was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced - food and service greatfoothillsgalDined on 7/19/2014$195 for two people (not including tip!). Shrimp cocktail and ahi poke for appetizers. Petit filet and beef wellington as entrees. Corn brulee and fries as a side. Each had 2 drinks. Food was great, but not worth the $200, especially consider the ambiance was heavy and dark - and smelled terribly of smoke, thanks to the casino. The service, however, was exemplary. This would be a fine place to celebrate big winnings or take someone out who's impressed with high prices and a good wine selection. With another fine steakhouse not far away that's less pricey and smokey, I won't be coming back here.Special Features:
- GREAT-GREAT PLACE!!!!bellsDined on 7/18/2014REALLY GOOD FOOD, BUT SERVICE WAS A LITTLE SLOW. SOME FOOD DIDN'T COME OUT WITH THE REST OF DINNERS. THEY DID TAKE IR OFF THE BILL AS A RESULT.......Special Features:
- Food was god, really good.AlisonDined on 7/18/2014Been here a few times and had expectations going in. We weren't disappointed, the food was good. The fried chicken with the sage gravy is back on the menu. The only constructive feedback is that they seat dinner in the bar now so having a pre-dinner drink isn't possible. Folks are even eating at the bar. Otherwise, it was enjoyable and high quality.Special Features:
- concertDined on 7/18/2014As always, everything was absolutely perfect!!! Thank you High Steaks!Special Features:
- Nice get awayFun2TryNewRestaurantsDined on 7/16/2014We stayed at the hotel as a nice get away even though it is basically in our back yard. High Steaks was very enjoyable. A few issues with a dirty napkin and my wine served in a cracked glass, but those were taken care of. The 2.5 inch thick new York and the lamb were wonderful (even the left overs the next day). We also appreciated the waiter suggesting we split our salad choice. Nice ability to talk and we also love the bar. It was fun to pretend we were in Vegas and only have 3 mile drive home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed this restaurantBDfuntodineDined on 7/16/2014Great place to dine for any occasion, nice atmosphere and outstanding food, good service. the steak was so good. they had a side dish of yams had topping on it was excellent. Quiet could have conversation with partner very relaxing. I will definitely return even tho I have 2 hr drive it is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryRockyDined on 7/16/2014Very good experience with good service and great food. We asked for a booth via reservation to celebrate our anniversary, but none was reserved and we accepted a regular table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- concert dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014great for dinner before concert and they will keep any extra food for you until after concertSpecial Features:
- High Steaks Thunder ValleySamIAmDined on 7/12/2014First time and my husband and I both agreed the food, and service was the best ever! The food presentation was beautiful and unique and our server was very attentive and seemed very genuine toward making our evening a special occasion. It was my husband's birthday and even at the front desk he was greeted with Happy Birthday. We will recommend High Steaks to our friends and of course you will see us again.Special Features:
- fantastic servicewallace4949Dined on 7/11/2014always have had fantastic service from valet to hostess bus person and of course our waitress Casey who makes our kids feel part of the dining experience.Will always come back too before concerts for great menu.The food is the BEST around worth the drive from up the hill. My complements again to the High Steaks staff.Hats off to Chef Nikki!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hi steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Hi Steaks steakhouse is a top notch restaurant for dinner, special occasions, date night... The atmosphere and service is the right speed for upscale dining. I believe the food is very similar to the previous restaurant, Austin's steakhouse. Ribeye cut is different, but comes with the same signature sauce. The bacon wrapped shrimp is the same as I remember. These are good things! I'll definitely be back for the next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedTpgormanDined on 7/3/2014Our first time. Service was great and food delicious. We didn't sit outside, but will come back to enjoy great patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 7/3/2014Great food and service staff are very nice. I will be going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Very polite workers. Our waiter was awesome. Helped with selections on menu and made our Anniversary Dinner & Evening very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatConsistantlyExcellentDined on 6/28/2014Just like the first time I dined here with friends, the food was fantastic. The meals were consistant. Great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurant........YuckVIPDined on 6/28/2014Have been to High Steaks several times and have never been disappointed. They do a great job........the service is first class, quality steaks and sides and their cocktails are worth the price. Pretty good wine list as well. First class restaurant in a not so first class setting.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrJimmyVIPDined on 6/28/2014$54 bone in rib eye was ordered med-rare and was served med-well. This is a steak house...you would think they would be able to get it right. They do serve Rombauer and do have a very good wine list.
- Great dining!ohsnap5Dined on 6/27/2014The Filet and Salmon were absolutely wonderful. The chopped salad was great and enough to share. Our waiter was very nice, funny, attentive, and appeared happy to be there. We've been here many times and the food and service has always been exceptional. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louise WilsonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Mike was our waiter and he was very informative. He suggested some of his favorites which we did try and they were superb. We were there on a Monday night so that made it very special and nice and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVE High SteaksMrsHoptologistDined on 6/22/2014Great food, great ambiance, great service. Perfect for a 'parents night out' date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksSteakDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant was fantastic. Excellent steaks and great atmosphere. Chef Nicci is very good and made some excellent recommendations for us including desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.