High Cotton - Greenville
550 South Main Street at RiverPlace
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
High Cotton - Greenville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.highcottongreenville.com/
- Phone: 8643354200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly from 5:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am – 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Complimentary valet parking available in the evenings Monday through Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Adrian Carpenter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Riverfront. Downtown Greenville. A choice of four contemporary private dining spaces. Flavorful dishes celebrating the region's finest products. Warm, attentive service. All the makings for exceptional events.
- Private Party Contact: Chet Green 8886811320
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music during Sunday brunch. Visit www.highcottongreenville.com for full music schedule.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking available in the evenings Monday through Saturday.
Use the main entrance on Rivers Street. If you park on the second floor-closest to the building, there are double doors that bring you to the lobby and the restaurant entrance will be on your left. Please bring your parking ticket and at the end of your meal, the host will issue your parking vouchers.
A word from High Cotton - Greenville
High Cotton Greenville is a riverfront rendition of high-steppin' Southern living in the heart of Greenville's vibrant downtown. We craft flavorful dishes celebrating the region's finest farmers and fishermen. Our thoughtfully selected wines and cocktails combine with warm, knowledgeable servers and vivid, contemporary design to create an experience that relaxes, engages and inspires.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
High Cotton - Greenville - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
High Cotton - Greenville reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (135)special occasion (120)fit for foodies (95)romantic (76)notable wine list (52)great for brunch (50)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (43)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (19)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I had a clients in from out of town for a business meeting. The atmosphere was great noise level was low so we could hear each other talk. The lighting was adequate and the view out of the window seat was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More about the scene than the foodgoodfoodanddrinkDined on 8/23/2014We had a good time at High Cotton. Great views of the river, friendly staff, cool bar. However, the food was a little disappointing and the service was a little hit and miss. We arrived early for our reservation and waited in the bar, but they overlooked us until we asked about our table 10 minutes after our reservation time. Our server was very nice and helpful although no one ever came to refill our water. And the coffee came after we finished our desert and were ready to leave. All that would have been easily overlooked had the food been better. We found it a little bland, especially the tuna dish. My advice is visit the bar for drinks and some of their awesome bread, then eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Everything I experienced there, from the food to the service, was amazing.Special Features:
- WonderfulPDSCDined on 8/23/2014Very good food; great setting, very good service. Dined here to celebrate a birthday and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. While, the menu is somewhat limited and unique and might not appeal to everyone, our dinner was delicious. We had the grouper and pork chop, both were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We went for the first time for the Foodie Fest 2014. It was a nice atmosphere, pleasant surroundings, and great service. We had the Surf and Turf selection from the FF menu. The petite filet was cooked nicely, tender, but overly seasoned - not to the point of sending it back, but the seasoning masked the flavor of the beef. The appetizer was very good (crispy pork belly), and the dessert ("elvis" parfait) was delicious. Very nice evening overall.
- OkayRinoDined on 8/22/2014In a sea of excellent private restaurants to pick from in Greenville, HC ranks in the middle of the pack. My wife and I have been to over 50, non-chain, restaurants in the past year. And were looking forward to High Cotton because of the view and the trendy atmosphere; and that we got. But found ourselves commenting infrequently about the quality of the food. We will try again as we always do with an initially okay experience and what should be perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful improvementTennisGirlVIPDined on 8/22/2014We've been avoiding High Cotton in the months past due to a poor menu and lackluster service. We were pleasantly surprised this past Fri. night. There were several new (to us) wonderful entrees and lots of new appetizers added to the menu - we had a hard time choosing! Plus our waiter (Russell, I think) was knowledgeable and friendly and fast enough, without being bothersome. I don't know if you've gotten a new chef in the past several months or changed management or wait staff supervisors, but the change is a definite improvement! We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- My experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I was disappointed this time. Use to be my favorite restaurant. My fish was good however I did not like the selection of appetizers nor the desserts. This was a foodie menu but I did not walk away feeling satisfied as I have in the past. You asked so I must be honest. I would return as I have usually had good experiences and my return would be in hopes of restoring my faith in your restaurant as I still like consider it one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food fest mealCatLoverDined on 8/21/2014Our food fest meal was fantastic. Service was great. We had a very special dining experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful with family & friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014I'll be honest, in past visits to High Cotton, I have been disappointed with the food, but this visit made up for past disappointments and renewed my enthusiasm for High Cotton. The food was outstanding and the service was spot on exceptional. There were 6 in my party and we all were very pleased with our meals, from appetizers and cocktails to desert. The Sunburst trout, bacon wrapped quail, duck, fried oysters... all were delicious! I liked the inclusion of local farms and noticed the fresher ingredients... a definite plus. As always, the dirty martini with blue cheese stuffed olives is the best in town! Thank you for a wonderful experience. We'll be back soon and let all my foodie friends know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CreativeAja4Dined on 8/20/2014I loved the variety of appetizers. They are creative and delicious. I ate 2 instead of an entree. Great wine selection.Special Features:
- DavidDined on 8/17/2014We've been fans of High Cotton for several years, but distance limits our visits. Nonetheless, we took some out-of-town guests there so they could sample some low-country food and had a wonderful experience. To start with, our waitress was extremely knowledgeable about the items on the menu, and her nuanced description of several of the dishes helped a couple of us change our minds in favor of dishes other than planned--much to our good fortune! We loved them. She also helped us navigate the wine list and we settled on a choice that complemented our various dishes and appealed to all four of us. We reminded ourselves as we left that we definitely have to return more often, despite the distance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!TriciaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful food in a delightful setting with professional staff...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooked food is preferredJlbbDined on 8/15/2014I have enjoyed this restaurant in the past, but Friday night the ovens must have been broken. My sweet potato and eggplant lasagna was raw. It looked beautiful in its presentation and the sauces on the plate were delicious, but there it ends. After I mentioned it to our server, the beverage manager came to see me with assurances that that meal would not be on my bill. Really? Is that the best response when I've been served raw sweet potato and eggplant? Frankly, he didn't seem one bit sorry about it!Special Features:
- Great experienceBrannyDined on 8/14/2014We chose High Cotton for celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary. The food and service were excellent. Food was unique and well presented. Waiter was courteous and attentive with a great personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at High CottonKarenDined on 8/8/2014High Cotton is becoming my favorite restaurant in Greenville. The high quality food has always been perfectly prepared and visually attractive. The servers are attentive and knowledgeable. High Cotton enhances Greenville's reputation as a "foodie city".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageWowchfDined on 8/8/2014We were disappointed. Was one of our favorites. We won't give up. Dessert unacceptable No more corn bread No healthy veggie option No salmon Still adore SNOB and high cotton CharlestonSpecial Features:
- Everything was excellent!PeterGDined on 8/7/2014My title says it all. This is a great restaurant with twists on dining classics. Everything from the large cocktails, to the dessert were outstanding. The location & views can't be beat, and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greenville gemDennisVIPDined on 8/5/2014I would drive out of my way to have the shrimp and blue crab spaetzle. As a person who lives on the road and eats in restaurants almost every night, this place is a real treat. It has a great menu and great selection of wine and spirits. It has made my list of places to return to when I am back in the area.Special Features:
- Always Great Mealbernie52VIPDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten dinner at High Cotton 6-8 times each year over the last several years. Consistent fine experiences every time. We alternate our Greenville dinner trips between High Cotton and American Grocery - a wonderful plan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice 21st birthdayBobthetravelerDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service with Carson as our wait staff person. Food very tasty. Excellent touch with personal name printed on the menu for birthdays and special occasions. Overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerKatedog2002Dined on 8/1/2014From the manager to the waitress we were greeted with friendliness. They made our 5th year anniversary dinner very special. Went above and beyond to print our names on the menu wishing us a happy anniversary along with a complimentary toast. The food was excellent and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoyraDined on 8/1/2014This is rapidly becoming our favorite restaurant in Greenville. The food is consistently good as is the service. We had a 6 year old at the table with us and the kids meal was great as were the crayons provided. Thanks for a wonderful Evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 30localfoodieDined on 7/30/2014This is one of several restaurants that I use for business entertainment in the Greenville area. We frequently have international guests with broad culinary exposure beyond that typically seen in the US. High Cotton reflects a local southern cultural flare and sources extensively from nearby farms. It is a "go-to" place for these types of visitors and never disappoints. There were extremely positive comments from all of the guests this last visit. The service was impeccable. Our waitress was well trained...always there when needed and "invisible" otherwise.Special Features:
- High CottonKal29630Dined on 7/26/2014It was a pleasant dinng experience but pricy for the quality of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeViTaLiKsDined on 7/25/2014It wasn't our first time here and every time we come here we enjoy it. Great service and good food. Great location with nice view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite is even betterpastor4foodDined on 7/23/2014The new chef at High Cotton is genuinely innovate. He is creative in the way that he blends the flavor combinations. My mountain trout was delicious - just a bit crisp - and served on the bed of rice and almonds and oh all the flavors mixed and mingled with the divine butter sauce …yum! Others in the party had seard tuna and duck - both terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening100TenexDined on 7/20/2014Excellent food with perfect timing and impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyLive2eatDined on 7/20/2014Great food. Great atmosphere. Had a wonderful jazz group playing during brunch. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for special dinnerCsssDined on 7/19/2014service was good, reservation worked out perfectly w/ nice table, good service, great ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom/LindaTomLindaDined on 7/18/2014Excellent Food. We enjoyed excellent food , a good waiter & the view. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upstate EpicureansUpstategirl54Dined on 7/18/2014A fabulous dining experience. Don't miss this downtown dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money.Greg99Dined on 7/11/2014With a warehouse atmosphere, this noisy restaurant is not romantic. The quality & taste of the food were the only good, not great, things about it.
- Great at the baryumyumVIPDined on 7/6/2014If you're one or two, the bar is a great place to dine. Service is A+, seats and conversation are very comfortable! This is a fun restaurant with great food!Special Features:
- Great Southern HospitalityJuliebVIPDined on 7/6/2014We went to High Cotton for brunch on our last day in Greenville. The restaurant was outstanding and I highly recommend it. The food is farm to table fresh and delicious. The service was great and we had a table by the window, so we had a wonderful view of the plaza. Prices were reasonable and we didn't feel rushed. Would definitely go back and try it for dinner sometime. We also did Happy Hour at the bar on a previous day. The bartender was so friendly and amazing. This restaurant epitomizes Southern Hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2014Nice upscale restaurant with excellent food, great service and nice atmosphere. Would recommend some kind of light filtering for brunch time to help block the hot sun.Special Features:
- High Cotton, Low cottonKesuniDined on 7/5/2014Highs and lows: Highs: service;scenery; spotless; lovely decor;fresh ingredients; yummy pecan dessert and ice cream. Lows: grits, the "highlight", were...off. Bland yet salty and cheesy; water not refilled; salad dressing uninspired; flavors never had me go "yummmmm." ; expensive. I could return for all the highs, and just eat the sure things and drink from the inspired wine menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDined on 7/5/2014The food overall was very good and well prepared. The menu at the restaurant was actually different than the one I viewed online just before going. I asked about a particular appetizer and was told it had been taken off the menu a week earlier. The menu online should stay updated. The location is great and the view is very pretty.Special Features:
- Another Great ExperienceJohnDined on 7/5/2014High Cotton was one of our favorite restaurants in Charleston, SC, so we were very excited to hear that Greenville has one as well. We visited with some friends and were not disappointed. The menu is different, as it should be in order to use local food, and the food was excellent. We had great service, the restaurant is very nice, and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice dinner in downtown Greenville. The complimentary valet parking was also very convenient and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceVisitorDined on 7/4/2014Everything was great. The appetizers, wine(great suggestions from waiter) and entrees. The only negative was an obvious argument over whether a steak was rare or not by the manager and a patron. Manager was very unprofessional and we shouldn't have had to listen to this argument over dinner. But we still had a great time and would definitely go back when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.