High Cotton - Greenville
550 South Main Street at RiverPlace
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
High Cotton - Greenville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.highcottongreenville.com/
- Phone: 8643354200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly from 5:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am – 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Complimentary valet parking available in the evenings Monday through Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Adrian Carpenter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Riverfront. Downtown Greenville. A choice of four contemporary private dining spaces. Flavorful dishes celebrating the region's finest products. Warm, attentive service. All the makings for exceptional events.
- Private Party Contact: Tori Moon 8886811320
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music during Sunday brunch. Visit www.highcottongreenville.com for full music schedule.
- Cross Street: Camperdown
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking available in the evenings Monday through Saturday.
Follow the valet sign from Main St to Camperdown, take the first right and pull infront of the IStore where the valet await you. Enter the double doors to the building and take the steps down one level to the restaurant entrance. Please bring your valet ticket and the host will stamp it for complimentary.
A word from High Cotton - Greenville
High Cotton Greenville is a riverfront rendition of high-steppin' Southern living in the heart of Greenville's vibrant downtown. We craft flavorful dishes celebrating the region's finest farmers and fishermen. Our thoughtfully selected wines and cocktails combine with warm, knowledgeable servers and vivid, contemporary design to create an experience that relaxes, engages and inspires.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
High Cotton - Greenville - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
High Cotton - Greenville reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (105)special occasion (105)fit for foodies (89)romantic (65)notable wine list (51)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (38)great for brunch (35)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (20)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)Show More
- Great place for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at High Cotton. The ambiance was great and the food was outstanding. The waiter was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Excellent food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014We really enjoyed our visit to High Cotton. The service and atmosphere are great. The food was excellent. The atmosphere was quiet. The desserts, in particular, were very tasty but not too large.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningLetdownDined on 10/25/2014We were in town for a Furman reunion. All the festivities were over and we just wanted a great meal in a relaxing scenic restaurant. We found it! Food was incredible! Atmosphere and view have to be the best in Greenville.Special Features:
- Go ahead and closett87Dined on 10/23/2014This used to one of Greenville's best. The Charleston version is till my favorite restaurant in the Holy City. However, the Greenville iteration is only playing out the game. Average food with mundane service. One of my clients had the grouper and tasted one bite. Rubbery. For the first time at High Cotton, I had a filet because of so many recent disappointing fish specials. The filet was not good. The sides were worse. Very disappointing food but good wine list. Try Breakwater Grill, Larkins, Rick Erwin's or Giorgio's.
- No cake allowed...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Really enjoyed our evening, but was surprised to see a $12 charge for dessert because I brought my son his favorite birthday cake. I have always done this when we take our children out for their birthday, but never have been charged. Kind of a negative to a great evening. Had I known we would have taken cake to his hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerRichardDined on 10/22/2014Outstanding food and service, great view over the river. We really enjoyed our dinner there, just had one day on our way to North Carolina but hope to return sometime. Can't remember our server's name but she was great.Special Features:
- tennisgalDined on 10/18/2014The fried oysters were too salty, crab cake very average and the fingerling potatoes were under cooked. The only good part was the excellent service.Special Features:
- Special treatmentgeorgeandbettyDined on 10/12/2014The staff, the room, the view... everything! Everything that we could have hoped for on our 39th anniversary. We were so thrilled by all the attention and the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciouskfoodDined on 10/12/2014Must try beignets - Service was great and wonderful views.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFoodietravelerDined on 10/11/2014We visited Greenville for the first time and decided to try High Cotton based on a recommendation from a friend. They were very friendly at the front desk and we were seated right away (we had reservations). Our waiter was very helpful in helping us choose our entrees especially since one of us has a gluten allergy. The food was outstanding and very fresh. The waiter explained that everything was grown locally. We will definitely come back and we will recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014We were visiting our son in college (Clemson) and spent the day in Greenville. Great town, and the restaurant was first rate. Super menu, nice décor and the service was perfect. I would recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014The service was outstanding. One of the best restaurants in Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK for a lot of moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I had dinner at 5 different restaurants in Greenville while attending a conference there. This was the least desirable of all of them. High prices for a small amount of food in a very open dining format that places people way too close together. I prefer Larkin's on the river or Dave Erwins far more than High Cotton.
- Birthday celebrationAnneDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I went to High Cotton to celebrate both of our birthdays. Food was delicious! We had the clams for an appetizer and they were so flavorful and tasty! I went with the shrimp and grits, which I've had before and love! My husband had the rack of lamb and said it was wonderful. Our server was very nice and helpful. When I'd made my reservation, I asked for a nice table since we were celebrating our birthdays, and we got a great table by the window. We will return!Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchBKtravelerVIPDined on 9/28/2014Service was attentive and appropriately quick as we had a matinee to attend.Special Features:
- Excellent MealjennieDined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit to High Cotton. It was excellent and I am glad we added this to our list of Greenville favorites. Our waitress was very good. The food was outstanding and our overall experience was great. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant environment, good foodpickyeaterVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were able to enjoy a meal at High Cotton early on a Saturday evening. The list of appetizers was instantly engaging and we sampled from among the Mystery Peppers, crab cake, bacon wrapped quail and a bruschetta-like tomato dish. All were good and would merit reordering them on another visit. Our salads were fresh and each had a bit of a twist such as grilled sweet potatoes or marinated cabbage. The duck entree was our best choice with a delightful sauce that did not overwhelm the fork-tender duck. The flounder special was fine but not memorable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had a lovely dinner, and was treated wonderfully. Grace our server was knowledgable, cordial and considerate . Thank you and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious beyond wordsdiningdivaDined on 9/24/2014This was my first experience at High Cotton. Was a perfect evening! From the moment I walked in I was warmly greeted. Delighted that my table request was given. Right by the window overlooking the falls. They have a great wine list. I ordered the Sweet potato, eggplant with argula as my entree and honestly it is my new favorite ! Our waiter was excellent very knowledgable about both the menu and the wine list.The manager, Chet came by and chatted with us for a few moments. We experienced a relaxing time but they were mindful of our need o get to the Peace Center. Will definitely be making anther reservation before long.Special Features:
- First time experience - lovelyretireeDined on 9/21/2014This was a birthday celebration with my family. I was very pleased with the experience. The table was perfect and everyone had good selections. The waiter was very accommodating.Special Features:
- Tired ladytt87Dined on 9/17/2014High Cotton used to be the best and most fun restaurant in Greenville. No longer- it has sadly deteriorated in every respect. The food is below average and each visit seems to be less appetizing. Food has lost its subtlety and is now just heavy. I had the fried oysters as an appetizer and there was a tasteless paste on the plate. I have no idea what it was supposed to be. The tuna entrée was accompanied by a ratatouille that must have cooked for two days because it had lost all taste and structure. Our server was slow and unenthusiastic. This place is really a disappointing experience now. It makes you wonder about the future of this place.
- Wonderful ExperienceAnniemDined on 9/13/2014Love this restaurant. Chet, has been simply amazing in his exemplary customer service. Thanks again for another wonderful experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014while the food was good, the service was bland. Since the restaurant is advertised as a local food restaurant we were expecting some knowledge and passion about good food. Waitress seemed a bit confused or didn't care.
- Very nice restauranttiredDined on 9/8/2014We visit the restaurant fro my wife's birthday. They had personalized menus printed with her name and Happy Birthday. The service was very good and the person that served us was very knowledgeable.Minor issue was they did not had a table cloth in the section we were sitting rest of the settings were very nice. We really enjoyed the food it was very good mix so you can pick and choose. The wine menu list was very good also. I would recommend the restaurant. Prices are a little bit on the high side, but the experience was worthedSpecial Features:
- Can't go wrongEdinSCDined on 9/6/2014Been to High Cotton many times and it's always enjoyable. One of my favoritesSpecial Features:
- Very memorable anniversary dinner!JnbyoungDined on 9/5/2014I booked the reservation online and noted it was for our 17th wedding anniversary. I didn't expect that one little note to have caused the staff to go what I felt was well above and beyond to make our dinner special. I loved that we had a table right near the river and were greeted and wished a happy anniversary. When I opened the menu however, I was astounded to see that it had been printed with a personal greeting also wishing us a Happy Anniversary. It got even better with the complimentary champagne toast! The food was excellent and service was attentive and prompt. Courses were times perfectly and water was kept filled. We had a relaxing and delicious dinner that we will remember for a long time. Thank you High Cotton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still lovin' it!Foodlover74Dined on 9/1/2014This is about the 5th or so time I've eaten here. Still awesome! Came here to take my dad out for his 79th birthday. Service was excellent and they even wrote "Happy 79th Birthday" on everybody's menus. Plus, the staff including the manager made it a point to know that it was his birthday and to congratulate him. We felt well taken care and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Even the wine, which was "by glass" was excellent, which is not always the case in the other restaurants. Highly recommend this restaurant....as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed.DrDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Despite its great location and excellent views of the Reedy River, High Cotton leaves something to be desired. The food is good, but not great enough to justify the $30 and up entree prices. The same can be said for the service and atmosphere - good, but not outstanding. I do not consider High Cotton to be in the upper tier of Greenville's best restaurants such as Rick Erwin's West End Grille, Nantucket, and Larkin's. The best way I can sum it up is this: based on the food, service, and atmosphere, I felt like my filet should have cost $25 and not $36.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2choosy4food2Choosy4foodDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed the scenic view ...good bright light. Food was mediocre...not bad but just okay. When I asked waitress to omit the peach bacon jam from beignets she brought it anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WarHorseDined on 8/30/2014Our food was out of this world fabulous. I was very disappointed when the server overcharged us for wine. I don't want to overpay for wine nor do I want to be arguing with the server at the end of a nice meal. Please be more respectful of your customers and be more careful with your charges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING & AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014From the happy hour / wine list to the service, the experience has been excellent overall. I've visited this location a few times and have been satisfied + have recommended to others. Downtown Greenville has plenty to offer, but this High Cotton (staff and location) has earned my return visits.(many) Visiting tonight again. Excited :)Special Features:
- Foodie Fest at High CottonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Once again chose High Cotton for Foodie Fest. Excellent as always. Wonderful, creative food, great service, easy valet parking and pleasant surroundings!Special Features:
- Great spotScdinerVIPDined on 8/28/2014One of our Greenville favorites. Love the shrimp and grits. Happy hour is a great deal at the bar. Wonderful view, very pretty room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Foodie FindMattSDined on 8/28/2014We greatly enjoyed our meal at High Cotton. I believe this place is a little gem that is undervalued. For the price what a moderate end steak house, I felt I got a 5 star meal. The chef's taste combinations were spot-on from appetizer through dessert. As someone who's dined in great locations like Vegas and NYC, this place found its way into my favorites. As a foodie and amateur chef, this place is a must try if you're in Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arm6104Dined on 8/26/2014I had a clients in from out of town for a business meeting. The atmosphere was great noise level was low so we could hear each other talk. The lighting was adequate and the view out of the window seat was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More about the scene than the foodgoodfoodanddrinkDined on 8/23/2014We had a good time at High Cotton. Great views of the river, friendly staff, cool bar. However, the food was a little disappointing and the service was a little hit and miss. We arrived early for our reservation and waited in the bar, but they overlooked us until we asked about our table 10 minutes after our reservation time. Our server was very nice and helpful although no one ever came to refill our water. And the coffee came after we finished our desert and were ready to leave. All that would have been easily overlooked had the food been better. We found it a little bland, especially the tuna dish. My advice is visit the bar for drinks and some of their awesome bread, then eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Everything I experienced there, from the food to the service, was amazing.Special Features:
- WonderfulPDSCDined on 8/23/2014Very good food; great setting, very good service. Dined here to celebrate a birthday and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. While, the menu is somewhat limited and unique and might not appeal to everyone, our dinner was delicious. We had the grouper and pork chop, both were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Service!Yar33Dined on 8/23/2014We went for the first time for the Foodie Fest 2014. It was a nice atmosphere, pleasant surroundings, and great service. We had the Surf and Turf selection from the FF menu. The petite filet was cooked nicely, tender, but overly seasoned - not to the point of sending it back, but the seasoning masked the flavor of the beef. The appetizer was very good (crispy pork belly), and the dessert ("elvis" parfait) was delicious. Very nice evening overall.
- OkayRinoDined on 8/22/2014In a sea of excellent private restaurants to pick from in Greenville, HC ranks in the middle of the pack. My wife and I have been to over 50, non-chain, restaurants in the past year. And were looking forward to High Cotton because of the view and the trendy atmosphere; and that we got. But found ourselves commenting infrequently about the quality of the food. We will try again as we always do with an initially okay experience and what should be perfect.Special Features: