High Cotton - Greenville
550 South Main Street at RiverPlace
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
High Cotton - Greenville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.highcottongreenville.com/
- Phone: 8643354200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly from 5:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am – 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Complimentary valet parking available in the evenings Monday through Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Adrian Carpenter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Riverfront. Downtown Greenville. A choice of four contemporary private dining spaces. Flavorful dishes celebrating the region's finest products. Warm, attentive service. All the makings for exceptional events.
- Private Party Contact: Chet Green 8886811320
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music during Sunday brunch. Visit www.highcottongreenville.com for full music schedule.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking available in the evenings Monday through Saturday.
Use the main entrance on Rivers Street. If you park on the second floor-closest to the building, there are double doors that bring you to the lobby and the restaurant entrance will be on your left. Please bring your parking ticket and at the end of your meal, the host will issue your parking vouchers.
A word from High Cotton - Greenville
High Cotton Greenville is a riverfront rendition of high-steppin' Southern living in the heart of Greenville's vibrant downtown. We craft flavorful dishes celebrating the region's finest farmers and fishermen. Our thoughtfully selected wines and cocktails combine with warm, knowledgeable servers and vivid, contemporary design to create an experience that relaxes, engages and inspires.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
High Cotton - Greenville - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
High Cotton - Greenville reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (131)special occasion (112)fit for foodies (93)romantic (72)notable wine list (56)great for brunch (44)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (22)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (19)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Very nice restauranttiredDined on 9/8/2014We visit the restaurant fro my wife's birthday. They had personalized menus printed with her name and Happy Birthday. The service was very good and the person that served us was very knowledgeable.Minor issue was they did not had a table cloth in the section we were sitting rest of the settings were very nice. We really enjoyed the food it was very good mix so you can pick and choose. The wine menu list was very good also. I would recommend the restaurant. Prices are a little bit on the high side, but the experience was worthedSpecial Features:
- Can't go wrongEdinSCDined on 9/6/2014Been to High Cotton many times and it's always enjoyable. One of my favoritesSpecial Features:
- Very memorable anniversary dinner!JnbyoungDined on 9/5/2014I booked the reservation online and noted it was for our 17th wedding anniversary. I didn't expect that one little note to have caused the staff to go what I felt was well above and beyond to make our dinner special. I loved that we had a table right near the river and were greeted and wished a happy anniversary. When I opened the menu however, I was astounded to see that it had been printed with a personal greeting also wishing us a Happy Anniversary. It got even better with the complimentary champagne toast! The food was excellent and service was attentive and prompt. Courses were times perfectly and water was kept filled. We had a relaxing and delicious dinner that we will remember for a long time. Thank you High Cotton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still lovin' it!Foodlover74Dined on 9/1/2014This is about the 5th or so time I've eaten here. Still awesome! Came here to take my dad out for his 79th birthday. Service was excellent and they even wrote "Happy 79th Birthday" on everybody's menus. Plus, the staff including the manager made it a point to know that it was his birthday and to congratulate him. We felt well taken care and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Even the wine, which was "by glass" was excellent, which is not always the case in the other restaurants. Highly recommend this restaurant....as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed.DrDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Despite its great location and excellent views of the Reedy River, High Cotton leaves something to be desired. The food is good, but not great enough to justify the $30 and up entree prices. The same can be said for the service and atmosphere - good, but not outstanding. I do not consider High Cotton to be in the upper tier of Greenville's best restaurants such as Rick Erwin's West End Grille, Nantucket, and Larkin's. The best way I can sum it up is this: based on the food, service, and atmosphere, I felt like my filet should have cost $25 and not $36.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2choosy4food2Choosy4foodDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed the scenic view ...good bright light. Food was mediocre...not bad but just okay. When I asked waitress to omit the peach bacon jam from beignets she brought it anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WarHorseDined on 8/30/2014Our food was out of this world fabulous. I was very disappointed when the server overcharged us for wine. I don't want to overpay for wine nor do I want to be arguing with the server at the end of a nice meal. Please be more respectful of your customers and be more careful with your charges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Fest at High CottonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Once again chose High Cotton for Foodie Fest. Excellent as always. Wonderful, creative food, great service, easy valet parking and pleasant surroundings!Special Features:
- Great spotScdinerVIPDined on 8/28/2014One of our Greenville favorites. Love the shrimp and grits. Happy hour is a great deal at the bar. Wonderful view, very pretty room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Foodie FindMattSDined on 8/28/2014We greatly enjoyed our meal at High Cotton. I believe this place is a little gem that is undervalued. For the price what a moderate end steak house, I felt I got a 5 star meal. The chef's taste combinations were spot-on from appetizer through dessert. As someone who's dined in great locations like Vegas and NYC, this place found its way into my favorites. As a foodie and amateur chef, this place is a must try if you're in Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arm6104Dined on 8/26/2014I had a clients in from out of town for a business meeting. The atmosphere was great noise level was low so we could hear each other talk. The lighting was adequate and the view out of the window seat was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More about the scene than the foodgoodfoodanddrinkDined on 8/23/2014We had a good time at High Cotton. Great views of the river, friendly staff, cool bar. However, the food was a little disappointing and the service was a little hit and miss. We arrived early for our reservation and waited in the bar, but they overlooked us until we asked about our table 10 minutes after our reservation time. Our server was very nice and helpful although no one ever came to refill our water. And the coffee came after we finished our desert and were ready to leave. All that would have been easily overlooked had the food been better. We found it a little bland, especially the tuna dish. My advice is visit the bar for drinks and some of their awesome bread, then eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Everything I experienced there, from the food to the service, was amazing.Special Features:
- WonderfulPDSCDined on 8/23/2014Very good food; great setting, very good service. Dined here to celebrate a birthday and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. While, the menu is somewhat limited and unique and might not appeal to everyone, our dinner was delicious. We had the grouper and pork chop, both were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Service!Yar33Dined on 8/23/2014We went for the first time for the Foodie Fest 2014. It was a nice atmosphere, pleasant surroundings, and great service. We had the Surf and Turf selection from the FF menu. The petite filet was cooked nicely, tender, but overly seasoned - not to the point of sending it back, but the seasoning masked the flavor of the beef. The appetizer was very good (crispy pork belly), and the dessert ("elvis" parfait) was delicious. Very nice evening overall.
- OkayRinoDined on 8/22/2014In a sea of excellent private restaurants to pick from in Greenville, HC ranks in the middle of the pack. My wife and I have been to over 50, non-chain, restaurants in the past year. And were looking forward to High Cotton because of the view and the trendy atmosphere; and that we got. But found ourselves commenting infrequently about the quality of the food. We will try again as we always do with an initially okay experience and what should be perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful improvementTennisGirlVIPDined on 8/22/2014We've been avoiding High Cotton in the months past due to a poor menu and lackluster service. We were pleasantly surprised this past Fri. night. There were several new (to us) wonderful entrees and lots of new appetizers added to the menu - we had a hard time choosing! Plus our waiter (Russell, I think) was knowledgeable and friendly and fast enough, without being bothersome. I don't know if you've gotten a new chef in the past several months or changed management or wait staff supervisors, but the change is a definite improvement! We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- My experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I was disappointed this time. Use to be my favorite restaurant. My fish was good however I did not like the selection of appetizers nor the desserts. This was a foodie menu but I did not walk away feeling satisfied as I have in the past. You asked so I must be honest. I would return as I have usually had good experiences and my return would be in hopes of restoring my faith in your restaurant as I still like consider it one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food fest mealCatLoverDined on 8/21/2014Our food fest meal was fantastic. Service was great. We had a very special dining experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful with family & friends.FoodLover27Dined on 8/21/2014I'll be honest, in past visits to High Cotton, I have been disappointed with the food, but this visit made up for past disappointments and renewed my enthusiasm for High Cotton. The food was outstanding and the service was spot on exceptional. There were 6 in my party and we all were very pleased with our meals, from appetizers and cocktails to desert. The Sunburst trout, bacon wrapped quail, duck, fried oysters... all were delicious! I liked the inclusion of local farms and noticed the fresher ingredients... a definite plus. As always, the dirty martini with blue cheese stuffed olives is the best in town! Thank you for a wonderful experience. We'll be back soon and let all my foodie friends know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CreativeAja4Dined on 8/20/2014I loved the variety of appetizers. They are creative and delicious. I ate 2 instead of an entree. Great wine selection.Special Features:
- DavidDined on 8/17/2014We've been fans of High Cotton for several years, but distance limits our visits. Nonetheless, we took some out-of-town guests there so they could sample some low-country food and had a wonderful experience. To start with, our waitress was extremely knowledgeable about the items on the menu, and her nuanced description of several of the dishes helped a couple of us change our minds in favor of dishes other than planned--much to our good fortune! We loved them. She also helped us navigate the wine list and we settled on a choice that complemented our various dishes and appealed to all four of us. We reminded ourselves as we left that we definitely have to return more often, despite the distance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!TriciaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful food in a delightful setting with professional staff...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooked food is preferredJlbbDined on 8/15/2014I have enjoyed this restaurant in the past, but Friday night the ovens must have been broken. My sweet potato and eggplant lasagna was raw. It looked beautiful in its presentation and the sauces on the plate were delicious, but there it ends. After I mentioned it to our server, the beverage manager came to see me with assurances that that meal would not be on my bill. Really? Is that the best response when I've been served raw sweet potato and eggplant? Frankly, he didn't seem one bit sorry about it!Special Features:
- Great experienceBrannyDined on 8/14/2014We chose High Cotton for celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary. The food and service were excellent. Food was unique and well presented. Waiter was courteous and attentive with a great personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at High CottonKarenDined on 8/8/2014High Cotton is becoming my favorite restaurant in Greenville. The high quality food has always been perfectly prepared and visually attractive. The servers are attentive and knowledgeable. High Cotton enhances Greenville's reputation as a "foodie city".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageWowchfDined on 8/8/2014We were disappointed. Was one of our favorites. We won't give up. Dessert unacceptable No more corn bread No healthy veggie option No salmon Still adore SNOB and high cotton CharlestonSpecial Features:
- Everything was excellent!PeterGDined on 8/7/2014My title says it all. This is a great restaurant with twists on dining classics. Everything from the large cocktails, to the dessert were outstanding. The location & views can't be beat, and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greenville gemDennisVIPDined on 8/5/2014I would drive out of my way to have the shrimp and blue crab spaetzle. As a person who lives on the road and eats in restaurants almost every night, this place is a real treat. It has a great menu and great selection of wine and spirits. It has made my list of places to return to when I am back in the area.Special Features:
- Always Great Mealbernie52VIPDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten dinner at High Cotton 6-8 times each year over the last several years. Consistent fine experiences every time. We alternate our Greenville dinner trips between High Cotton and American Grocery - a wonderful plan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice 21st birthdayBobthetravelerDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service with Carson as our wait staff person. Food very tasty. Excellent touch with personal name printed on the menu for birthdays and special occasions. Overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerKatedog2002Dined on 8/1/2014From the manager to the waitress we were greeted with friendliness. They made our 5th year anniversary dinner very special. Went above and beyond to print our names on the menu wishing us a happy anniversary along with a complimentary toast. The food was excellent and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoyraVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is rapidly becoming our favorite restaurant in Greenville. The food is consistently good as is the service. We had a 6 year old at the table with us and the kids meal was great as were the crayons provided. Thanks for a wonderful Evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 30localfoodieDined on 7/30/2014This is one of several restaurants that I use for business entertainment in the Greenville area. We frequently have international guests with broad culinary exposure beyond that typically seen in the US. High Cotton reflects a local southern cultural flare and sources extensively from nearby farms. It is a "go-to" place for these types of visitors and never disappoints. There were extremely positive comments from all of the guests this last visit. The service was impeccable. Our waitress was well trained...always there when needed and "invisible" otherwise.Special Features:
- High CottonKal29630Dined on 7/26/2014It was a pleasant dinng experience but pricy for the quality of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeViTaLiKsDined on 7/25/2014It wasn't our first time here and every time we come here we enjoy it. Great service and good food. Great location with nice view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite is even betterpastor4foodDined on 7/23/2014The new chef at High Cotton is genuinely innovate. He is creative in the way that he blends the flavor combinations. My mountain trout was delicious - just a bit crisp - and served on the bed of rice and almonds and oh all the flavors mixed and mingled with the divine butter sauce …yum! Others in the party had seard tuna and duck - both terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening100TenexDined on 7/20/2014Excellent food with perfect timing and impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyLive2eatDined on 7/20/2014Great food. Great atmosphere. Had a wonderful jazz group playing during brunch. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for special dinnerCsssDined on 7/19/2014service was good, reservation worked out perfectly w/ nice table, good service, great ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.