Higgins Crab House - 31st Street
3102 Coastal Highway
Ocean City, MD 21842Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Higgins Crab House - 31st Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://higginscrabhouse.com/
- Phone: 4102892581x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Bob Higgins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area
- Private Party Facilities: up to 200 guests for the finest, freshest seafood Maryland has to off---try our all you can eat crab feast.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Higgins 4102892581x
A word from Higgins Crab House - 31st Street
Ocean City Md's premier Maryland style Crab house and Seafood Restaurant. We go to the docks 7 days a week to purchase the very freshest Chesapeake Bay seafood from the man (or woman) that caught it. Bring the family and and enjoy the finest Maryland has to offer...The Higgins FamilyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Higgins Crab House - 31st Street reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)kid-friendly (8)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great seafood and crabsLovelyCaliDinerDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful all you can eat as well and regular menu. Food was excellent and the service was A+! My family goes at least twice every summer we spend in Ocean City. A must stop for seafood and crabs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All you can eat crabscrabconnoisseurDined on 8/14/2014We had a pleasant experience dining here. It was our anniversary and we both had all-you-can-eat-crabs. They were VERY tasty but often not full. The drinks were excellent and the atmosphere was family friendly. Our waitress was on top of things and very conscientious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family nite at the beachkennethDined on 8/8/2014fun time, good crabs, coleslaw, fries and chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnVIPDined on 8/4/2014had a good time but beware of filling up on the chicken and bread prior to the crab. too much work for very little return even though crabs were plentiful! Fun and new experience however.
- I'll go back!!!!DaveDined on 8/2/2014Great food and great service. The staff made you fell like you are at home. The food came out hot and great taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average restaurantwingmanDined on 7/27/2014Nothing special. AYCE crabs were hit and miss over cooked. Other meals were just average. Hush puppies are excellent. Sat our party of 8 at a cramped picnic table.
- GreenieDined on 7/25/2014Big old fashioned crab house...excellent steamed crabs & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good steamed clamsJanBapDined on 7/25/2014We had an appetizer of 25 steamed littleneck clams. A couple were sandy (no big deal) but other than that, delicious & very fresh. We ordered a dozen "large" crabs. For being "large," they didn't have a whole lot of meat. We go to this type of place for the experience, so weren't overly disappointed. They do make a mean Long Island Iced Tea!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab houseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014Great food, served hot, nice staff, good old crab house like I remember when I was a kid. Very good Maryland crab soup. My daughter loved the "dirt" desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeStephanieDined on 7/17/2014Looked for a crab house searched 5 others and chose this one. Great food ate outside no problems at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for our group of 8TIFFB77Dined on 6/27/2014We had outstanding service and delicious food. We will definitely be returning to eat at Higgins each time we are in Ocean City!!!Special Features:
- Bad crabs and slow serviceNoVa25Dined on 5/16/2014We have been to Higgins once or twice a year for the last six or seven years, whenever we visit OC. We noticed that the quality had gone downhill on our last visit last year. This time however it was bad enough that we will never return. The crabs were small and the first batch was served cold. Small crabs are OK if they are flavorful but these were not. They were just small and bland with poor texture and we never received any which were actually hot. The waitress would disappear for extended periods of time and she delivered the wrong brand of beer when she finally got around to bringing it. There are crab houses all over OC so we will choose a different one next time.Special Features:
- The following 54 reviews are from the Higgins Crab House - 31st Street reviews archive.
- good food..happyididitDined on 8/23/2013Alot of good food, reasonably priced.. everything i expected..Special Features:
- Food was very average. TooOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2013Food was very average. Too much old bay seasoning. Corn was stale
- Higgins - OCAmyLeeVIPDined on 8/10/2013Found this through OpenTable and read positive reviews. I went with my sister and her two teenagers. This kids liked their well done steaks but my crab cake was full of breading with no crab chunks. Sauces were served in plastic, disposable containers and a roll of napkins sat in a bucket in the middle of the table. Service was friendly, yet slow and I received the wrong drink. Higgins was okay. I wouldn't go back but they had a variety of offerings including chicken and beef for folks who don't like seafood and the atmosphere is fun. The prices were higher than they should have been for the quality of food, but that may be common in tourist destinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBigB88Dined on 7/31/2013Food and service were great. Best kept secret at the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedFamilyNightOutDined on 7/28/2013Prices were high and food was not that good. Crabs were small with little meat. Crab cakes had a lot of filler.
- Good crabs and seviceProeaterDined on 7/27/2013Crabs were hot and as soon as you were ready, crabs were there with the ACYE. Other food was ok but didn't eat much of it because was there to eat crabs. Waitress Jenni was OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Family Weekend at BeachPhleeVIPDined on 7/20/2013We had a good dinner with our families (group of 7) at Higgins. The restaurant décor is a bit dated and the crabs were on the smaller side but still very delicious. Other than that, it's still a good place to go with a large group for seafood.Special Features:
- No go!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/19/2013We were seated in an area with no air conditioning. They had several fans on the floor. It took our waitress/ the kitchen to get us our appetizers. And that was only after we complained to the manager.(this is not fine dining, it's picking crab!) of the 12 jumbos we ordered, five had to be sent back for not having any meat in them. The kids enjoyed their chicken fingers and the beer was tasty. But don't go !!!!! It's a waste of your time and money!
- great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013The crab was outstanding. The only problem was my 3 kids wanted to leave after only 1.5 hours, so i could only finish 25 crabs. I will have to brush up on my technique for next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/9/2013Great selection of crabs, shrimp, and other seafood. All-you-can-eat options without sacrificing quality. A must for our annual family vacation to OCMD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good seviceeathiggins720Dined on 7/5/2013The all you can eat was great. Waitress was excellent. Being that I am a heatt patient I had some trouble during my meal. Our waitress seemed generally concerned about my condition. This I wll never forget. Can not remember her name. We will be returning I. The future. Sincerely Harold HauckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Maryland Crab Shack Experience!MPFoltzDined on 6/29/2013If you want the real Maryland crab shack experience then this is the place to go. Brown paper covering the tables and superb food and service. Best of all was the price. When we were there they had a special for all you can eat Maryland Blue Crab and Sweet Corn on the Cob for only $24.99. I called around to every place down there and that was the cheapest. But don't let the price fool you. The seafood was fresh and delicious and staff friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayFoodloverVIPDined on 6/23/2013The crab special although a good deal, the old bay spice blend on the crabs was too salty. We just couldn't eat as much as we wanted. It's a bit of a walk if you're staying down the boardwalk. But, they still had other seafood options that I'm sure are great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible crabsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2013We got the crab special/ all you can eat. i would say much husband and i eat only had 4 really good crabs. the majority were inedible. don't waste your money!!Special Features:
- I was there with a party ofkopshammondDined on 6/21/2013I was there with a party of 10 people. I met some of my employees and their families for a nice seafood dinner. The crab cakes were undercooked which made them runny. The crab imperial was more cheese than crab. Everything else that other people had was good. I was hoping that with Higgins being a crab house they would be known for more than just their hard shell crabs. Guess we should have stuck with something that is hard to mess up when being cooked. Also, when 18% gratuity is added to the bill, maybe the waitress should take better care of the table. I can promise had she not added this amount on her own she would have received 10%. I always measure the amount of tip based on the amount of times I have to ask for a refill.
- Excellent Crabs!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2013We went to this place around 12:30pm in the afternoon and there was hardly anyone there. We were immediately greeted and seated. The waitress was bright, kind, and check on us at just the right times to refill our drinks or bring out more all you can eat crabs. I loved the little appetizer of fried chicken and fries. And the drinks were a great size for all you can eat crabs. I really enjoyed my experience there and am calling that my crab house place when I visit ocean city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go elsewhere!GourmandVIPDined on 3/30/2013Don't go! The crab imperial was terrible and way overpriced! It tasted like poor quality canned sauce.
- Food is excellent. The problemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2012Food is excellent. The problem wsa we drove 3.5 hours for super jumbo crabs, and they did not any super jumbo and only 6 jumbo. We took the six jumbo and then had to settle for large. Very disappointing.
- The all you can eat crab dealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012The all you can eat crab deal was fantastic! I would recommend it for those who want crabs! Great atmosphere and great service! Definitly will go back next time in Ocean City!Special Features:
- Crabs and more crabs - they'reOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/15/2012Crabs and more crabs - they're great but don't wonder to other parts of the menuSpecial Features:
- Don't order the crabcakes!BaileyVIPDined on 9/15/2012Don't order the crabcakes! Couldn't taste the crabmeat.
- First of many visits!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012The feel of the restaurant was casual and relaxing. The crabs were great! Their staff were friendly and attentive.
- I will recommend HIGGINS CRABOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012I will recommend HIGGINS CRAB HOUSE to all my friends. The services staff was great.Special Features:
- over cooked fresh fish, terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012over cooked fresh fish, terrible crab cakes (in Maryland!), suckered into the "all you can eat" deal which wasn't a deal. Service was great, atmosphere OK Will not go there again
- We went to Higgins for theLisamc2210Dined on 8/12/2012We went to Higgins for the "all you can eat crabs". They were delicious! Sometimes a restaurant says all you can eat the crabs are small or you have to eat a bowl of pasta before you can get more. The waitress just kept on bringing them! Our 12 year old had a blast! And our 8 year old was hysterical laughing at us!Special Features:
- Stick to the all you can eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012Stick to the all you can eat crabs. The other people in my party ordered entrees from the menu and were disappointed. The crabs were a little small, but were delicious!
- Good overall experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012All you can eat crabs are awesome and a good deal! My friend got the soft crab sandwich and she would have preferred to have it served on a bun instead of white bread, but overall a very good dinner experience in Ocean City!Special Features:
- Decent Crab house, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2012Decent Crab house, atmosphere is what you would exect. Friendly staff. No larger crabs the night we were there - guess supply from the bay is limited. Regular food is so so.Special Features: