Hidden Tasting Bar and Social Lounge
433 Robson Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 6L9Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Hidden Tasting Bar and Social Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiddenvancouver.ca/
- Phone: 6046472521x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7 days a week: 6:30am - 11:00am;
Lunch: 7 days a week 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday and Saturday 4:00pm-12:00am
Brunch: Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 11:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chris Savino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Complimented by the inspiring beauty of our surroundings, is the quality of the food. Choose from one of the tastefully prepared menus or feel free to arrange a custom-designed meal for your guests. Whatever your selection, you can be assured of our attention to the freshest ingredients and graceful preparation.
Service for your event will be attentive, yet unobtrusive. Our highly trained service team will be on-site for the entire duration of your event, ensuring that any last minute requests are promptly fulfilled.
- Special Events: Pop Up Patio ( poolside patio on the 3rd floor)
Every Thursday and Friday from 5pm to 9pm weather permitting, from June to September.
No reservations needed.
- Cross Street: Homer Street
- Public Transit: We're located in the centre of downtown, on the cross-roads of Robson and Homer Street, conveniently only a block away from various public transit stops.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is offered underground in the Westin Grand Vancouver. Valet or self-parking available. Self parking $4.00/hour or flat rate of $7.00 after 6PM. Park by 10AM for $9.00 until 6PM. Metered parking also available on street level.
A word from Hidden Tasting Bar and Social Lounge
Hidden Tasting Bar and Social Lounge is an urban global lounge. A place to savour various options, enjoy a unique beer or glass of wine in a relaxed environment. We have simplified the eating experience by integrating global food offerings using local ingredients paired with attentive service. It's undeniably approachable, comfortable and a place to sit back and enjoy the surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hidden Tasting Bar and Social Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Terrible ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Felt like I was in a Night and Day. Hardly anyone in the place yet it took 12 minutes to get my wine. Food was mediocre at best. I was embarrassed for having asked my out of town guests to meet me there! Very forgettable place.
- ScereneREG51Dined on 8/8/2014I booked for group of four for an early dinner before a sports event down the street. Having had a dinner ere once earlier this year whne visiting the city, my wife and I wee impressed with the quiet pleasant atmosphere, the high quality of food and service for resonable prices. We could meet our friends and talk without competeing music being played at excessive volumes. Other patrons seemed relaxed and enjoying themselves for the same reasons. Our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticnallasDined on 8/1/2014Food was great, as usual! Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food is greatsylarVIPDined on 6/18/2014crab pudding, lobster poutine is so good, worth to go thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperienceLuvGoodFoodDined on 6/7/2014Our family of four thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at the Hidden Tasting Bar. Service was very good. Our waiter, Jesse, was especially friendly and helpful. Our food was also very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 261 reviews are from the Hidden Tasting Bar and Social Lounge reviews archive.
- Early bday dinnerCharmaineDined on 5/20/2014Had great time last Wednesday May 20th at Hidden restaurant. Lobster poutine was amazing and also the Mac and cheese. The gentleman who served us was excellent. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So relaxingLive2EatDined on 5/11/2014I have eaten here a few times. I have always had good food, and the menu is particularly good if you have several fussy eaters. There is a lot of food diversity, including gluten free items and a fitness menu for the health conscious, and for the rest of us, there is lobster poutine. But the thing I like best is that it is centrally located, quiet, has a lovely view of the library, and they make a fantastic Pimms & Ginger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super loungeTampaDined on 5/4/2014The lounge is great, good food and very good service. Recommended for a quiet drink or a dinner where you want the noise level to permit conversation. A very pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good EnoughSpenceDined on 4/5/2014Nice location, but it really is hidden. Service was almost laughable, but they were short staffed and we had limited time. Food was very disappointing. standard microwave fare. Wine list was small, but fairly priced. But they were out of the wine I selected. Not a good dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great eats at Hidden Tasting LoungeHighMaintenanceDined on 3/24/2014Four of us came out for dinner on a Monday night which we found was a great time to come to Vancouver. I purchased a Groupon because it advertised the bites and shares menu at half price at a place we've never been to before. The regular menu item that caught my eye however was the lobster poutine. Of course we had to try it. We loved it. Then came all the bites and shares. They were brought out at the perfect moment and each of them were bursting with flavour We washed everything down with a nice bottle of chardonnay. I would recommend this to anyone that isn't wanting a huge meal but loves flavour!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for after the WhitecapsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Just a few moments away from the Stadium, a great menu and comfortable surroundings in which to satisfy your hunger after the soccer game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average on the expensiveLariatVIPDined on 3/1/2014Hidden is located in Westin. So expect a higher bill. Also expect a quasi fusion attempt: Shanghai Lumpia is described as Filipino style spring roll. Is it Chinese? Or Filipino? Well, it's spring roll. I do like the green mix accompanied some of the share plates. Tender greens tossed with crisp leaves in lightly detectable delectable dressing. Young sweet pea leaves on soft vine, rocket tips... some thoughts have been put into this unassumbing mix. I think there is a dish or two on the menu that share this trait. I did not discover them. If you are staying at the hotel and do not want to venture out for a quick bite, Hidden is better than most hotel restaurants, and similarly over-priced. But you are on Robson, venture out.
- Good, not greatsheedDined on 2/22/2014It's your typical hotel restaurant, however a bit dressed up. Drinks were good, and the food tasty. Admittedly, we did have a Groupon, however, so did the majority of patrons (it seemed). I think that it was a promotion gone wrong, as upon our arrival we overheard two of the staff discussing how annoying the promo has been and that they shouldn't run it again. Otherwise, this was a good experience. The portions were definitely on the small side, although, the aforementioned Groupon may have been the cause. The restaurant needs to make money somehow. Overall, the food was tasty, the drinks were good, and the waiter was attentive.Special Features:
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014The service and food were really good. We started with the lobster poutine, which is on the main menu, but our server recommended as a starter (not that we would even consider having poutine as a main) - it was quite delicious and worthy of the poutine award it won last year. I had the sable fish, which was tasty and the lemon caper risotto cake was devine. My husband had the short rib and found it to be tender and delicious. We shared the banana bread pudding for dessert it was more like cake than pudding, but tasted yummy. Enjoyed a nice bottle of Burrowing Owl wine. It was Valentine's day and it was not a very romanti restaurant. They had TV's at the bar which you can see from the whole restaurant and you can also see the hotel lobbyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!mommyjDined on 2/8/2014We had a reservation but ended up arriving early. It wasn't a problem, being seated right away. Only a few other diners at this point but the staff was never still. We shared the flat bread appetizer. The tzatziki was garlicky and my husband enjoyed the olive tapenade. My husband had the burger and kennebec fries. It was amazing, the patty obviously made in house as it wasn't that perfect, pre-bought puck. I had the seafood crepe which was full of seafood. For dessert we shared the waiter's favourites, chocolate banana bread pudding and B-52 creme brûlée. The waiter suggested his favourite tea when I asked and brought some honey with it. Once the wedding party came, we still had our waiter's undivided attention, despite a full restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre friendly!PenforDined on 2/4/2014Right across from the Library (parking) and just around the corner from the theatre, this was a great recommendation from a friend who attends the opera regularly. Beautiful hotel, lovely restaurant/bar, good food, nice wine list - nothing outstanding but a great place to meet a friend or a spouse for a before or after theatre meal / drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- misledfoodforthoughtDined on 1/30/2014proscuitto and mozzarella had very little of these ingredients(mostly filler) mac and cheese was boring with 3 tiny scallops and raisins as the tomato compote B52 brûlée was a standard brûlée (didn't get the baileys, kahlua or grandmarnier short rib was the best meal on the table
- Maybe not the right dayBirthdayBoyVIPDined on 1/30/2014I was really looking forward to trying this restaurant after reading the rave reviews. Nice location on the 2nd flr. I was somewhat disappointed with the food we ordered, and some of the reviewed menu items I was looking forward to weren't on the current lunch menu. No watermelon salad, no Grilled tomyum prawns. Ordered the Lobster Poutine, and the lobster was overcooked, the poutine kind of curdled. The RAW ALBACORE TUNA POKE was rather bland and the sauce hid the taste of the tuna. The shrimp ceviche seemed to have previously cooked shrimp. the SLOW ROASTED SHORT RIB was gluggy inside, with little beef. I'll try it again, but at $76 for 4 dishes (to share) for 2 people (no drinks), it's a bit steep, especially if you don't enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!katpotDined on 1/25/2014We really enjoyed our meal at the Hidden Tasting Bar. The food was delicious and beautifully presented! The service was friendly, helpful and attentive. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Decent place, nice locationgribblerDined on 1/24/2014Nice view, cozy. Staff was good, drinks were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was sub par, service mediocreFoodloverDined on 1/22/2014Things started off ok, we had a reservation and when we arrived, the host asked us to wait as he spotted a table opening up by the window, which was great. However, after we sat down, things started to go downhill. The waitress asked us if we were ready to order. When we asked for some more time, she came back promptly a few minutes later and asked again if we were ready. When we said no, she seemed irritated and did not return at all until we flagged her down...we had waited a good 15 minutes. We were there for the dineout menu - for the $28 we were paying per a person, we were not impressed.. The appetizers were minuscule, the main was Mac and cheese which was boring. The tomato chutney it was supposed to come with was raisin chutney..
- Excellent ServiceTubeburnerDined on 1/9/2014Very attentive and thoughtful staff. Lobster poutine lives up to its award winning status.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013This was my second time coming in December. First visit, the waiter was great but too bad I i did not get his name. He really deserve some recognition for the friendliness. The second time the waiter was nice, very knowledgeable with the wine list and food choice. There was a lady who dressed differently, (in a suit), I'm guessing she's the manager. She did not seem friendly at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTubeburnerDined on 12/19/2013Just the right portion and great presentation. Great service, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone seemed to enjoy theirsunshineDined on 11/4/2013Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal, although fish tacos were a little too small. Restaurant wasn't busy and service was good. A few of the folks been here before for retirements etc. - so good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trustworthy and responsiveJinxGraultyDined on 10/29/2013Business lunch. With my many food allergies, I resign myself to nibbling gingerly on lettuce at these lunches. Here though our server Deborah took great care to ensure that my meal was allergen free for me. Their delightful sounding salmon with crab and white bean became steamed spinach and broccolini with wild salmon fillet over vegetables, olive oil and lemon. No other embellishments. But this lunch was perfect! Fresh, simple and safe. My guest had a beautifully presented tuna tartare with huge yam chips. Thank you Westin. I knew I could count on you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising in a good wayGeoffVIPDined on 10/27/2013Upon arrival, I was surprised to find this restaurant/bar in the lobby of the Westin Hotel, and my expectations went down accordingly. As it turns out, the online menu (that influenced our choosing this place) lived up to its expectations! The lobster poutine was OUTSTANDING, the chicken entree was flavorful and plentiful. We were disappointed by the times unavailable that were indicate of of a hotel restaurant on a Sunday night, and the fact that we were sat upfront next to the bar instead of in the back away from the hotel lobby, but overall this place had good food, ok service, and was a nice surprise!
- Very good experienceSuzetteDined on 10/11/2013it was a very lovely dining experience, staff was awesome friendly recommended to everyone...definitely going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for shared platesprabd78VIPDined on 10/5/2013We enjoyed our meal here. The three of us shared everything and it was all good. I especially enjoyed the healthy options on the fitness menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Options not availableout4eatsDined on 10/4/2013Was a little disappointed when 1) the wine I ordered from the menu wasn't available, 2) the beer my husband ordered wasn't available and 3) the sugar free dessert option shown on the menu was no longer offered. Apart from that though the food and service were great.
- Made specialDatenightDined on 9/28/2013We were treated very well, good humoured waiter, good food, dessert on the house, very kind, good service all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Away but Delicious Menu ItemJaycinDined on 9/15/2013My wife and I made a visit to the Hidden Tasting Bar and Lounge to redeem our Social Shopper voucher. The place was so hidden that we had to ask the concierge at the hotel where exactly it was. We had previewed the menu so we knew what to order. Nonetheless, the menu provided an added bonus - a low-cal section. We ordered the crab cakes, the popcorn shrimp, the crispy calimari, the fish on lettuce tacos (low cal menu) and, to top off an already rich'n greasy nite, the lobster poutine. Talk about gorging on grease!! But, it was worth the pain. Flavourful and well cooked. The fish tacos were a zesty delight. The lobster poutine was excellent. The other items on the menu looked oh so good, too.Special Features:
- Going to have to work on the foodKarenDined on 9/9/2013Although the food wasn't 'bad', it certainly wasn't a lunch I'd come back for. We shared the fish tacos, the crab cakes and the sushi. We both found all three items very bland. The sushi was actually not done well at all, it seemed as if there was no seasoning in the rice, which made it dry and unpleasant to eat.
- Good location for before concert...OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/31/2013But don't go out of your way. The ambiance is like any other hotel bar. Food is good but not to die for. It's only a couple blocks from BC Place so it's a classy option for before you go to a concert or event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It seemed like I was eatingfoodcriticDined on 7/15/2013It seemed like I was eating food from a professional chef who I imagined was on TV winning contests for their creative and yummy dishes. There were so many interesting flavors,even just in one dish. Exeptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My neighborhood favourite!heathrowVIPDined on 7/3/2013A great place to enjoy some tapas to share, and a welcome alternative to the mainly fast food and pub options in the area. Everything is usually beautifully presented, and pretty darn tasty! On this visit, particularly enjoyed the beet and pea shoot salad. My only hesitation in recommending this place is the pricing is a bit on the high side, as is often the case with restaurants within hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resort AmbienceeeaseDined on 6/29/2013Quiet. at times a bit loud, casual resort feel. Went with my gf and found it a perfect spot to sit, eat, and enjoy eachothers company without any intrusions. There was an Ooops moment when some red wine drops fell from the bottom of the glass on my white Armani T-shirt but it was quickly taken care of by the waiter and manager and we were not charged for the sangria beverages. Calm, assertive, and courteous the manager applied gentle soap to the chemise and the stain quickly disappeared and then proceeded to blow dry my shirt . Now that is what I call dedication and service. and all done with a smile and humour. The cost of the meal : calamari, sushi, and salad with bottle of wine was quite resaonable. Well worth the savoie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!DiningisfunDined on 6/26/2013I had a wonderful meal after a long day of traveling here! I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We actually ate at HiddenjerseygirlVIPDined on 6/15/2013We actually ate at Hidden twice that day. The first meal was brunch and my husband had Frenchie's Breakfast Poutine - he said it was delicious! Our server was Jesse and he was so professional, attentive and friendly. Our second meal was dinner with another couple. My husband ordered the Lobster poutine - very rich but very delicious! I ordered the grilled calamari from the Healthy Bites menu and also the sesame crusted scallops. The scallops were done just right, but I wasn't a fan of the carrot puree. Our server for dinner was Justin, and again, very friendly, professional and attentive. I do think that the decor in the room is a bit tired looking and could use some freshening up, but again, we always enjoy our meals at Hidden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our visit and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2013We enjoyed our visit and the food was good overall. I would have to say however that the burger I ordered was far below the standard I have come to expect at black and blue. I have had it downstairs several times and never been disappointed. The one I had on the roof was overcooked and came with a basic bun vs. the brioche noted on the menu. I hope this was a one time experience and that next time it will live up to my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.