1480 Arapahoe Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://primesteakhousedenver.com/
- Phone: 3038445280
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm -11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30 - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Prime Steakhouse
Prime Steakhouse provides superior service as well as perfectly prepared steaks and seafood. USDA beef, dry aged and cooked over an open mesquite flame. What sets Prime apart from other steakhouses in town is that Prime doesn’t try to fix something that isn’t broken. The cuisine is exactly what you would expect from a steakhouse: simple, elegant, and delicious Steaks can be topped with signature sauces from a classic Béarnaise or peppercorn sauce handsome la carte sides. The appetizers are delicious and offer sophisticated flavors. Try the traditional lump crab cakes or our fabulous beef tartar. Our full bar with an extensive scotch and vodka selection and meticulously selected wines, Awaits your arrival.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Prime Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)romantic (17)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (9)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Food was goodJpt1Dined on 9/13/2014I love the way they prepare the steaks using hickory wood to grill the steak - it made the flavor of the steak perfect!1Special Features:
- OverpricedTgifarrisVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had never been and it's close to the DCPA so we decided to try it. Walked in and noticed that it was pretty dated, sort of rundown looking, and didn't appear to have a full time host/hostess. We were seated in a booth and one of the benches had a huge tear in it, which is unusual for a restaurant serving $40+ a la carte entrees. The food overall was not horrible (although the buffalo I had was easily the worst buffalo I've ever had), but it wasn't great either. For the prices being charged it needs to be a lot better. The restaurant is badly in need of a makeover. On the plus side our server was quite good and attentive. Overall I wouldn't recommend it. Any number of places downtown you'll have a better experience for the money.
- excellent pre-theater dinnerDenversteaksDined on 9/12/2014Found this restaurant near to the Denver Performing Arts Center. Grear reputation for steaks. Good fit for us before seeing a show. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014The food is excellent, a bit pricey and the a la carte everything is irritating. When you pay $42 for a steak, a potato and veg ought to be included. Otherwise, I like that it's locally owned. Service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best su gratin potatoes ever!willreturnDined on 8/28/2014The service was excellent-not too intrusive, but never neglectful. I loved the lobster bisque and the potatoes au gratin. I though the filet was just average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014We went here for Restaurant Week. We thought that the menu selections were excellent, the food was really great and the service was impeccable. Our waiter was very attentive. The wine list was VERY impressive, however, even with a fully stocked bar, my husband asked for a specialty cocktail (Sazerac) which is a unique, but not overly complicated, cocktail, but the waiter informed us the bartender had no idea how to make it! We were disappointed in this, as Prime Steakhouse seemed like a very upscale restaurant, and the bartender didn't know how to make a classic american cocktail ?!. Moving past this, I ordered my filet mignon medium, and it was very slightly overcooked and no longer pink. However, everything tasted great!Special Features:
- Great food and Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014We made reservations during Denver Restaurant Week and it was well worth it! The service and food was great, our steaks were cooked perfectly. I highly recommend the Filet/Lobster combo!Special Features:
- Prime PlusPoppaJerDined on 8/26/2014We were seated immediately and our waiter Justin greeted us right away. The service was great even though it was the 1st day of restaurant week! My steak, a bone in Ribeye was outstanding and my wife enjoyed her buffalo filet also. A great fine just off the hustle and bustle of the 16th street mall. We highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, Excellent ServiceissyrDined on 8/24/2014From beginning to end, a wonderful experience. Our server was very attentive, very accomodating, friendly and funny! The food was fantastic! We had the filet and lobster special for Restaurant Week. The bread, flatbread selections were fabulous. The wedge and caesar salads, onion soup, and lobster bisque were fantastic. Our main courses were out of this world. Filet Mignon and Buffalo Steaks cooked perfectly, lobster was tasty. Desserts, cheesecake, creme brulee, and flourless chocolate cake, were ALL amazing! We were a party of 5, and the service was the best ever!! Food, drinks served and refilled served with great timing. Our waiter JUSTIN was wonderful! We were so glad we chose this place. We will be definitely be back!Special Features:
- first-timerslovebirdsDined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit & we visited during 5280. The food was perfect, service very professional, wine list was decent. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmsales89Dined on 8/23/2014Dined on Saturday 08/23/2014 for restaurant week. Great menu for the price, thanks. Service was great (Michael) Lobster Bisque was excellent, potato sides were great as well, Salmon delicious, Steak cooked to perfection mid rare but lacked any flavor (no seasoning at all) disappointing to use the salt and pepper shaker on meat prepared at a "Steak House"Special Features:
- Happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Arrived early, so waited in the bar for some friends to arrive. Our lovely server told us about the nightly happy hour. It was such a pleasant atmosphere, we can't wait to come back and try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime SteakhousePrimeDined on 8/23/2014Our evening at Prime Steakhouse for Restaurant Week was incredible. They were able to seat us early and the service was great. The menu was complete with 3 courses but the highlight was the filet. 6 ounces of butter tender beef! It truly was the best cut of meat I've had in Denver (including the big, famous steakhouses). If you're a carniverous foodie, this is a great place for you!Special Features:
- Fantastic Find for Restaurant WeekKMH2013Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I chose Prime as our restaurant week pick this year, and we definitely cannot complain. The menu was a delight and quite fulfilling. The staff was very attentive and our glasses were never empty (a huge plus!). The filet mignon was cooked to perfection as and the presentation of the food was picture perfect. Only downfall, the tables were quite wide, we felt as though we were sitting very far apart, it would have been great for a large group as there would have been ample arm room and space for food, but it didn't give us the close romantic feel as we had hoped.
- Nice 73 Birthday DinnerWayneDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed our dinner with good food and service. It was a pleasant way to celebrate my 73rd birthday.Special Features:
- Tasty, but not the best.Eating4LifeDined on 8/1/2014Ambiance and service were great, the restaurant having adornments of classic photos amongst its primarily wooden interior, and well-trained wait staff that are attentive, polite, and knowledgeable. The only qualm I had with service was that they were not busy and we stood in the front of the restaurant for 10 minutes before anyone greeted us. The food was adequate but not quite up to par for the price range. We had a lobster bisque that was ok, but a bit too salty. My dry aged strip did not have much of the classic dry aged taste, though my girlfriend's wet aged filet was good. The green chile mac n' cheese was a good concept but needs some tweaking as it was somewhat bland. The creamed spinach was the best thing we ordered; very good!Special Features:
- DeliciousWifflerDined on 7/3/2014We went with a large group, but were accommodated, even with an addition to our original reservation. The server was on top of things all night, without being intrusive, allowing us have a great, relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place for a fine mealDhowie43Dined on 6/30/2014Outstanding service in a quiet setting. We ordered the 9-oz steak and the Norwegian salmon with steamed asparagus. Both dishes were well prepared and flavorful. The desserts were the sorbet and the fruit tart. Portions were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 670 reviews are from the Prime Steakhouse reviews archive.
- so disappointingnydollDined on 5/17/2014Water damaged ceiling as soon as u walk in, dark and dingy. Fancy prices but ambiance lacking. As a new yorker, these prices were comparable but ambience is key when u are dropping $100 per person on dinner. Would not recommend!
- Very nice pre-theater experienceenzmamaDined on 5/17/2014YUM! Loved our entrees, and will certainly return for pre-theater dining. A bit expensive, so we consider it a bit of a splurge.Special Features:
- Prime Steakhouse is a ExcellentrockofagesDined on 4/27/2014The service was excellent from the valet to the hostess and the waiter to the bus boy. Friendly environment and great food. We went before a show at the Buell and they made the experience extra special.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner before DCPA showJAmesVIPDined on 4/25/2014Classic white table cloth steak house a short walk to DCPA. Excellent service. Excellent surf and turf, & filet. Flash grilled sashimi tuna was very good though not perfect. Salads, sides extremely well done. Perfect martinis. This is a great find for a quiet or romantic dinner before a DCPA show.Special Features:
- Always DependableSteakLoverDined on 4/5/2014Service is always top-notch and friendly! Food very dependable, although not epic. Solid Steak choice.Special Features:
- Food, service, wine, ambiance,BigfootDined on 3/28/2014Food, service, wine, ambiance, was all great. There's not a single thing I'd complain about. It was kind of quiet for a Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Local Game Plattertdunc09Dined on 3/25/2014This place is great!! A local restaurant that has a nice cozy feel and very welcoming. Jon was our server and his prompt, relaxing, yet professional feel was comforting and enjoyable. The Ahi Tuna TarTar appetizer was perfect and amazingly fresh. The Game Platter with Buffalo, Elk, and Venison (all of which is local) was outstanding. Super tender, juicy and downright flavorful. My wife had a Baby Spinach salad and French Onion Soup for dinner which she was delighted with both and claimed it may be the best F.O. soup shes ever had. Grilled Asparagus and Crispy Steak Potatoes were awesome and would definitely recommend them for anyone going to Prime. Like Deion says.... it's "Primetime!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OK, not bad but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2014It was fine but we all decided (four of us) we probably would not go back. Our server was excellent and the food was good but just not quite up to the high prices. My wife did say that the ladies room wasn't all that clean. I was not impressed by the appearance of their dry-aging room, which had a dirty floor. With so many choices out there it's fun to try new places like this one (new to us, at least) but unless a place is really great we'll keep shopping around for better. Your mileage may vary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Prime' how apropoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014I have been to the Prime before and it never disappoints. The food is excellent. The Buffalo steak is so tender you can cut it with a fork. My family has had just about everything, from the Rosemary chicken to the Crabcakes and I don't think they have a bad dish in the place. The wait staff is always friendly and accommodating. I recommended this restaurant to some friends and they also had a wonderful experience. And during Denver Restaurant Week they are by far the best deal you can get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reading NotesChicagoDined on 3/22/2014I had placed in the notes that I would like a booth, instead I received a small table, at first by a window and I asked to move then another small table. When I was there plenty of booths were open and available.Special Features:
- Loved it!AllieVIPDined on 3/18/2014Went for 5280 menu... Food was delicious!! Our waitress Jessica was great and had lots of excellent recommendations. Also the happy hour menu looks incredible. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Steak SteakLindaCDined on 3/17/2014Top notch food, particularly the steak and seafood, with delicious salads and sides. All made to order. And Justin is the best server in Downtown Denver. We go every time we have DCPA tickets!Special Features:
- Great steak, Old style restaurantAndyDined on 3/14/2014The food was amazing, but other than that nothing special especially for the price. The waiter seemed to be in a rush to get us out of there and there was no time in between the starters, entree and dessert. We were not even finished with our steaks when we were handed the dessert so we felt rushed out of the place. I will not be returning or would not recommend it.Special Features:
- The steak was delicious butOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/13/2014The steak was delicious but the small plates, lamb and tuna were just average and the baked potato was not cooked well. Overall, we felt it was overpriced for the quality we received.
- SteakFoodGalore2Dined on 3/8/2014The steak price were less than Elway and Shanahan, but it wasn't as good as Elway or Shanahan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014This was a special evenibg. Mike our waiter was terrific and we had a great meal and a great time. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!TappDined on 3/8/2014Everything was way beyond our expectations! The food was amazing, the martinis were great (a good pour) and our server, Jessie, was very attentive to all our needs. We will definitely be going back. This is our new "go to" place when going to the DCPA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week gemOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/8/2014The restaurant week goes for all of March every year. The surf and turf is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A friend had recommend theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/7/2014A friend had recommend the Prime Steakhouse and their Dinner Theater menu. The meal was excellent and the gentleman who was our server was friendly and efficient and made the dining experience very enjoyable. I"m sure we'll be back as we did enjoy the dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Not impressedMitoDined on 3/2/2014If the service and atmosphere weren't so great, I would've asked for my money back. We ate very early and the place was not busy at all. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed by the food itself. My date ordered her steak medium well and it came medium rare and was still cold. My steak was cold and cooked medium well. The server made it a point to tell us the plates were hot - well, that was the only thing that was hot! The broccoli was bland and fortunately the potatoes were very good. We booked our evening with the 5280 dinner offer and we're excited to try a new place. We would not go back again and definitely not recommend prime steakhouse. You would think they would go above and beyond during this offer. Disappointed!Special Features:
- MediocrityPsapphaDined on 3/1/2014Went to Prime Steakhouse during 5280 Denver Restaurant Week and was very underwhelmed. Definitely not worth full steakhouse price! Inside it looks slightly dilapidated and sad. There were very few other diners there when I went and I quickly learned why. The service is good but nothing to write home about and the food is plain. Our side vegetable was steamed broccoli...which came as a whole head of unseasoned broccoli that we had to cut up ourselves. This is not Denver's finest steakhouse by any stretch of the imagination...
- Romantic BirthdayJackSpratsDined on 3/1/2014Prime Steakhouse offers a quiet romantic setting less than a block from the Denver Center for the Performing Arts Complex. I dropped my date off at the door, drove and parked at the Denver Center's parking garage and returned in less than 15 minutes. The food was delicious, service superior and timely. We highly recommend this restaurant to any couples looking to escape for a romantic dinner and theater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.