1480 Arapahoe Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://primesteakhousedenver.com/
- Phone: 3038445280
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm -11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30 - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Prime Steakhouse
Prime Steakhouse provides superior service as well as perfectly prepared steaks and seafood. USDA beef, dry aged and cooked over an open mesquite flame. What sets Prime apart from other steakhouses in town is that Prime doesn’t try to fix something that isn’t broken. The cuisine is exactly what you would expect from a steakhouse: simple, elegant, and delicious Steaks can be topped with signature sauces from a classic Béarnaise or peppercorn sauce handsome la carte sides. The appetizers are delicious and offer sophisticated flavors. Try the traditional lump crab cakes or our fabulous beef tartar. Our full bar with an extensive scotch and vodka selection and meticulously selected wines, Awaits your arrival.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since April 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (15)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Nice 73 Birthday DinnerWayneDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed our dinner with good food and service. It was a pleasant way to celebrate my 73rd birthday.Special Features:
- Tasty, but not the best.Eating4LifeDined on 8/1/2014Ambiance and service were great, the restaurant having adornments of classic photos amongst its primarily wooden interior, and well-trained wait staff that are attentive, polite, and knowledgeable. The only qualm I had with service was that they were not busy and we stood in the front of the restaurant for 10 minutes before anyone greeted us. The food was adequate but not quite up to par for the price range. We had a lobster bisque that was ok, but a bit too salty. My dry aged strip did not have much of the classic dry aged taste, though my girlfriend's wet aged filet was good. The green chile mac n' cheese was a good concept but needs some tweaking as it was somewhat bland. The creamed spinach was the best thing we ordered; very good!Special Features:
- DeliciousWifflerDined on 7/3/2014We went with a large group, but were accommodated, even with an addition to our original reservation. The server was on top of things all night, without being intrusive, allowing us have a great, relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place for a fine mealDhowie43Dined on 6/30/2014Outstanding service in a quiet setting. We ordered the 9-oz steak and the Norwegian salmon with steamed asparagus. Both dishes were well prepared and flavorful. The desserts were the sorbet and the fruit tart. Portions were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so disappointingnydollDined on 5/17/2014Water damaged ceiling as soon as u walk in, dark and dingy. Fancy prices but ambiance lacking. As a new yorker, these prices were comparable but ambience is key when u are dropping $100 per person on dinner. Would not recommend!
- Very nice pre-theater experienceenzmamaDined on 5/17/2014YUM! Loved our entrees, and will certainly return for pre-theater dining. A bit expensive, so we consider it a bit of a splurge.Special Features:
- Prime Steakhouse is a ExcellentrockofagesDined on 4/27/2014The service was excellent from the valet to the hostess and the waiter to the bus boy. Friendly environment and great food. We went before a show at the Buell and they made the experience extra special.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner before DCPA showJAmesVIPDined on 4/25/2014Classic white table cloth steak house a short walk to DCPA. Excellent service. Excellent surf and turf, & filet. Flash grilled sashimi tuna was very good though not perfect. Salads, sides extremely well done. Perfect martinis. This is a great find for a quiet or romantic dinner before a DCPA show.Special Features:
- The following 666 reviews are from the Prime Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Always DependableSteakLoverDined on 4/5/2014Service is always top-notch and friendly! Food very dependable, although not epic. Solid Steak choice.Special Features:
- Food, service, wine, ambiance,BigfootDined on 3/28/2014Food, service, wine, ambiance, was all great. There's not a single thing I'd complain about. It was kind of quiet for a Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Local Game Plattertdunc09Dined on 3/25/2014This place is great!! A local restaurant that has a nice cozy feel and very welcoming. Jon was our server and his prompt, relaxing, yet professional feel was comforting and enjoyable. The Ahi Tuna TarTar appetizer was perfect and amazingly fresh. The Game Platter with Buffalo, Elk, and Venison (all of which is local) was outstanding. Super tender, juicy and downright flavorful. My wife had a Baby Spinach salad and French Onion Soup for dinner which she was delighted with both and claimed it may be the best F.O. soup shes ever had. Grilled Asparagus and Crispy Steak Potatoes were awesome and would definitely recommend them for anyone going to Prime. Like Deion says.... it's "Primetime!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OK, not bad but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2014It was fine but we all decided (four of us) we probably would not go back. Our server was excellent and the food was good but just not quite up to the high prices. My wife did say that the ladies room wasn't all that clean. I was not impressed by the appearance of their dry-aging room, which had a dirty floor. With so many choices out there it's fun to try new places like this one (new to us, at least) but unless a place is really great we'll keep shopping around for better. Your mileage may vary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Prime' how apropoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014I have been to the Prime before and it never disappoints. The food is excellent. The Buffalo steak is so tender you can cut it with a fork. My family has had just about everything, from the Rosemary chicken to the Crabcakes and I don't think they have a bad dish in the place. The wait staff is always friendly and accommodating. I recommended this restaurant to some friends and they also had a wonderful experience. And during Denver Restaurant Week they are by far the best deal you can get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reading NotesChicagoDined on 3/22/2014I had placed in the notes that I would like a booth, instead I received a small table, at first by a window and I asked to move then another small table. When I was there plenty of booths were open and available.Special Features:
- Loved it!AllieVIPDined on 3/18/2014Went for 5280 menu... Food was delicious!! Our waitress Jessica was great and had lots of excellent recommendations. Also the happy hour menu looks incredible. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Steak SteakLindaCDined on 3/17/2014Top notch food, particularly the steak and seafood, with delicious salads and sides. All made to order. And Justin is the best server in Downtown Denver. We go every time we have DCPA tickets!Special Features:
- Great steak, Old style restaurantAndyDined on 3/14/2014The food was amazing, but other than that nothing special especially for the price. The waiter seemed to be in a rush to get us out of there and there was no time in between the starters, entree and dessert. We were not even finished with our steaks when we were handed the dessert so we felt rushed out of the place. I will not be returning or would not recommend it.Special Features:
- The steak was delicious butOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/13/2014The steak was delicious but the small plates, lamb and tuna were just average and the baked potato was not cooked well. Overall, we felt it was overpriced for the quality we received.
- SteakFoodGalore2Dined on 3/8/2014The steak price were less than Elway and Shanahan, but it wasn't as good as Elway or Shanahan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014This was a special evenibg. Mike our waiter was terrific and we had a great meal and a great time. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!TappDined on 3/8/2014Everything was way beyond our expectations! The food was amazing, the martinis were great (a good pour) and our server, Jessie, was very attentive to all our needs. We will definitely be going back. This is our new "go to" place when going to the DCPA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week gemOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/8/2014The restaurant week goes for all of March every year. The surf and turf is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A friend had recommend theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/7/2014A friend had recommend the Prime Steakhouse and their Dinner Theater menu. The meal was excellent and the gentleman who was our server was friendly and efficient and made the dining experience very enjoyable. I"m sure we'll be back as we did enjoy the dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Not impressedMitoDined on 3/2/2014If the service and atmosphere weren't so great, I would've asked for my money back. We ate very early and the place was not busy at all. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed by the food itself. My date ordered her steak medium well and it came medium rare and was still cold. My steak was cold and cooked medium well. The server made it a point to tell us the plates were hot - well, that was the only thing that was hot! The broccoli was bland and fortunately the potatoes were very good. We booked our evening with the 5280 dinner offer and we're excited to try a new place. We would not go back again and definitely not recommend prime steakhouse. You would think they would go above and beyond during this offer. Disappointed!Special Features:
- MediocrityPsapphaDined on 3/1/2014Went to Prime Steakhouse during 5280 Denver Restaurant Week and was very underwhelmed. Definitely not worth full steakhouse price! Inside it looks slightly dilapidated and sad. There were very few other diners there when I went and I quickly learned why. The service is good but nothing to write home about and the food is plain. Our side vegetable was steamed broccoli...which came as a whole head of unseasoned broccoli that we had to cut up ourselves. This is not Denver's finest steakhouse by any stretch of the imagination...
- Romantic BirthdayJackSpratsDined on 3/1/2014Prime Steakhouse offers a quiet romantic setting less than a block from the Denver Center for the Performing Arts Complex. I dropped my date off at the door, drove and parked at the Denver Center's parking garage and returned in less than 15 minutes. The food was delicious, service superior and timely. We highly recommend this restaurant to any couples looking to escape for a romantic dinner and theater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodGonedonDined on 2/28/2014Went for restaurant week. Very good menu, execelent filet and lobster, excellent service. Enjoyed our evening at Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousmtngirl04Dined on 2/27/2014The food was well prepared, the wine was delicious. Everything went well. Our server went above and beyond to make certain we were happy with everything. She was terrific. We had special dietary needs and did not feel like we were an inconvience at all. Very nice!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great atmosphereAvaholoicDined on 2/27/2014Good food and great atmosphere for a classic steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 5280 Week DinnerDelphieDined on 2/27/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday and had a great dinner for 5280 Restaurant week. Both my husband and had the steak and lobster tail and it was excellent. Our server, Jeff, was friendly and attentive as where all the other servers. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant WeekTeddVIPDined on 2/27/2014We have often thought about going to the Prime before attending a play at the DCPA. This gave us the opportunity to try them and were not disappointed. We shall return often.Special Features:
- Pretty Good5280overratedDined on 2/27/2014It was kind of skimpy on the food as it was restaurant week. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- PleasedNanisecondDined on 2/26/2014Because of restaurant week Prime was behind in seating reservations. When we got to our table the waiter was way behind and very much made up for his tardiness by bringing us and extra side and dessert. We were happily chatting with each other and didn't even expect for him to go out of his way, because he did I totally would recommend Prime! The food was also tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsFoodie1VIPDined on 2/26/2014We chose Prime since it was close to the theater and they had one of the best menus during Restaurant Week. We had low expectations but were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious, perfectly presented and prepared, and the service was outstanding. While the exterior gives the appearance of being a "hole in the wall" and the interior is a bit dated, the food is well worth it. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steak and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/26/2014The actual steak was good. Sides of mashed potatoes and Au gratin were very plain. Too expensive for the quality and what you get.
- OKNatasha81Dined on 2/26/2014It was ok; not bad, nor great. Service was good, staff friendly. Food was mediocre: side portions were small (I also like my broccoli cooked a bit more, but I'm not dinging them for that because that's a more personal preference). Two of my guests had the 8oz buffalo filet and one was about half the size of the other. It was fine, just nothing special.Special Features:
- Awesome!LoriDined on 2/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Everything was wonderful. The ambiance, the service and the food tasted awesome. We talked about it all the next day and how we would go back again and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was a little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2014I was a little disappointed in the service. Yes I know it is restaurant week and the nature of that does interfere with your dining experience but still that quality of restaurant service should be good. First, our server spilled some wine on the table. Not a big deal but when my boyfriend has to tell him to tilt his wrist when pouring wine that is a little much. Then I had to ask 3 times for bread after it. Finally, my boyfriend's entree came and it was the wrong entree. He ordered the filet and I ordered filet mignon and lobster tail. They dropped the same two entrees. When I informed the server he didn't apologize but basically implied that's what he ordered. My boyfriend is allergic to shell fish so clearly not what he ordered.Special Features:
- Great steaks! Lovely service!waterchicaDined on 2/25/2014The food was spot on and the server was excellent at her job. She was very attentive. One of the best filets I have eaten!Special Features:
- Nice but dated35anniversaryDined on 2/25/2014A very nice restaurant but very dated. The ceiling tiles were water stained and some look like they would fall. The restrooms were very worn. It makes me wonder what condition the kitchen was in. Not what I thought an upscale restaurant should be.