1745 San Pablo Ave
Oakland, CA 94612Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hibiscusoak.com/
- Phone: 5104442626
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: T-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: Su 4:00pm-8:00pm
Brunch: Sa-Su 10:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Michael Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our talented kitchen has many catering options to offer. We are happy to provide custom menus and work with specific dietary needs. Please contact us at the restaurant.
A word from Hibiscus
We offer organic and sustainable California cuisine with both Creole and classic French influencesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hibiscus reviews from OpenTable diners
- Made a reservation throughEatingmywaythroughlifeVIPDined on 8/12/2012Made a reservation through open table. When we arrived at the restaurant they were holding a private party and were not open for regular customers. They were not apologetic or even concerned about the inconvenience. Interestingly, a waitress/hostess told me she had just shown up for work and was unaware herself that were not going to be open for business that evening. She seemed displeased as well.
- Food was sub-par, it tookOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2012Food was sub-par, it took close to an hour to get our entrees, our corn bread (for the table) came after we'd all finished, no wine list a they has merlot and Chardonnay only, need I go on?
- Instrumental rap songs reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012Instrumental rap songs really set the mood. Good vibes all around and delicious food. My parents were very impressed.Special Features:
- Not a home I want to go toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2012"If this is home cooking, I don't want to come to your house." One of the worst meals I have had. Grits, a no brainer, and a staple, had the consistency of cottage cheese. No spice on any of the food. Fried chicken and meatloaf were extremely overdone. Wine list was "red, 'sav blanc' and Chardonnay" -- $6 per glass / $25 per bottle and one brand "Bogle" I have had better wine on a Southwest Airlines flight. I give the restaurant two weeks if they don't get a new chef and new management quick.
- Service was slow. However,JanButlerVIPDined on 7/6/2012Service was slow. However, everyone was very friendly - they gave us a free dessert for our long wait. Food was good - we had the fried chicken - a little too salty but moist. The two way duck was good with a nice side of green beans in a tasty sauce. The meatloaf was tasteless. However it came with good mashed potatoes. I was not "wowed" by anything so I don't think I will go back.