2927 N. Henderson
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
Knox / Henderson
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hibiscusdallas.com/
- Phone: 2148272927x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Graham Dodds
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hibiscus
Long recognized as one of Dallas' premier upscale restaurants, Hibiscus offers a relaxed and social dining experience free of pretense and full of mirth and genuine hospitality. Under Executive Chef Graham Dodds, the contemporary American fare at Hibiscus honors premium ingredients, market freshness and rustic sensibility in a way that satisfies hearty eaters and cerebral diners alike. The beverage program features a well-chosen and reasonably-priced American wine list and an original cocktail menu. Hibiscus is located in a beautiful, historic building in the heart of the thriving North Henderson Avenue dining and entertainment district and comfortably accommodates private events of up to 70 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Hibiscus - Best Restaurants in Knox / Henderson ›
Hibiscus reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)fit for foodies (142)romantic (98)neighborhood gem (92)good for groups (72)hot spot (63)notable wine list (60)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014In every way - dinner, wine, service, atmosphere! It was a perfect choice!Special Features:
- seniorVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is the first time we have eaten at Hibiscus since the chef and menu change. Some of the old favorites were missing and many entrees had unusual preparation. The portions seemed smaller. The service was excellent as usual as was the high noise level.Special Features:
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014I needed to view the event space for an upcoming holiday party and decided to combine the visit with a birthday dinner while we were there. We were not disappointed. The food was on point, and the service was exactly what you always want at an upscale restaurant of this caliber but don't always get. I would easily recommend Hibiscus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Casual urban atmosphere...from jeans and cool shirt to hip dresses-great food! ....will go back.Special Features:
- Great food and drinkstanDined on 10/10/2014We've been there twice, one year apart, and the food and drink quality and experience was as good the second time as the first. We had four people the first time, and six the second, and we all had different things, and, to a person, thought this was some of the best they've had. However, this is not an inexpensive place, so be prepared for a pricey dinner, even though it was worth it.Special Features:
- No Lunchbag Letdown HereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014Start to finish, our meal was simply outstanding. The menu made you want to try something that you have never tried before. Hibiscus has never let me down. Great service, great portions, great presentation and incredible tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go thereCraver52Dined on 10/6/2014Great service, the team is extremely knowledgable and friendly. You will enjoy the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Good and classy food.but if you are also looking for quantity then this would not be the place.Great place for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014I went to Hibiscus in a group of six. The wine list and menu is fun and eclectic. However, the service was exceptionally slow and, when my paella finally arrived, the fish on top was so dry I didn't eat it. Thus, I ate a very expensive bowl of rice. The waiter charged us for the bottle of champagne we'd already paid for at the bar. We split the bill; however, one in our party was also charged the total amount of the bill. Hibiscus was more work than fun. I won't be back.
- DisappointedTdinesdallasDined on 10/4/2014We have been loyal fans of Hibiscus for years. It was our got-to restaurant for any celebration, however, I doubt we will return with all of the changes to the menu. They have taken off the menu everything that they were known for: crab dip appetizer, wedge salad, tomato mozzarella salad, mac n cheese, and most importantly the chocolate cake! We were very sad and disappointed and left our party of 9 all staring at the menu trying to figure out what to order.... the pate or oxtail...ugh!
- Great farm to table foodIrodugyDined on 9/27/2014Great farm to table food! If you ware looking for a foodie location in Dallas this is the place. I would highly recommend a visit.Special Features:
- Steady As She Goesluv2dineVIPDined on 9/26/2014Hibiscus remains one of the best dining experiences in Dallas. New Chef, New Menu, great food. Wonderful place for a special evening with your wife or significant other; or celebrate a special event. The food and new menu was outstanding. Great Wine List. Still has great steaks and sea food choices, along with new menu options. Among the best restaurants in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hibiscus cravingsfoodloverVIPDined on 9/25/2014If you want to experience great food, service, and atmosphere look no more. The food rivals some of the best around. The steak was cooked perfectly with so much flavor and the seasonal sides were so good we ordered a second round. I would eat here every night if I couldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2014Hibiscus is one of our all time favorite restaurants. We have celebrated many special occasions there. This time, although still very good, it just missed its usual perfection. I felt as if everything was just a little tired.we will certainly return, but I hope some fine tuning takes place.Special Features:
- Pricey nightjspdallasDined on 9/20/2014We shared two entrees for four people. But we had drinks, sides and dessert. Over $300. Strip was overcooked; nothing special. Paella was excellent. I would go back for that. Service was exceptional. Music was distracting and too loud for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hibiscus: exquisite balance!lunchbunchVIPDined on 9/20/2014Ambiance intensifying the anticipation; service enriching the experience; with flavors arousing palate: an evening of harmony and balance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!dallas12345Dined on 9/13/2014We dined here recently and had a great dinner. Pork porterhouse was absolutely fantastic. Wagyu Oxtail was also delicious. For dessert we had the Ice box pie which was amazing. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food, drinks disappointing.k123VIPDined on 9/13/2014The paella was excellent. The bibb lettuce salad was delightful. The mixed drinks were less than stellar. The mojitos were from a mix. The Pimms Cup was different and not the great drink that I had at Hibiscus previously. The ice cream pie dessert was fabulous. We will return but order wine next time.Special Features:
- StaciDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed everything about it! Great place to go....Special Features:
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent food and exceptional service! Our group had a great night at Hibiscus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingUpsellDined on 9/13/2014I've been coming to Hibiscus for years. I love their ever changing menu and their specials but I have to say I was really disappointed in their quality of food this last visit. It was not terrible just not accustomed to their quality. The server recommend their Bone in Rib-eye, we had two. The meat did not have the taste of other high end steak houses. The chicken was really dry and while the open faced ravioli was great the Goat Ricotta Bruschetta was missing something, a little dry. The deserts were a life savior along with the spectacular service. I wan to say i want to come back but I've seen bad reviews lately.Special Features:
- Good stuffJustinVIPDined on 9/12/2014As usual, Hibiscus is a solid dinner spot. For some reason we keep forgetting about it, but every time we go, it is amazing. Love with the bar scene has turned into. Sophisticated drinks and solid patrons who appreciate a good cocktail.Special Features:
- Food Good. Service not so much.tjs6677VIPDined on 9/12/2014Despite having a reservation we were seated 30 minutes late and in a horrible booth at the front of the restaurant complete with a view of the football game on tv. We asked to be reseated and were moved to the back of the restaurant (much better). The service was slow and the crowd was mainly late-30-somethings who left the kids with the sitter for the night. While the food was good, I wouldn't call it memorable. Probably wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- AmazingCrazykzDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 27th year anniversary at Hibiscus. I made a reservation online and they remembered each of my requests and honored us well. The service was amazing and the food was extremely tasty. Pricey of course, but well worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- Just okayRossDined on 9/10/2014Steak was cold, over cooked and over seasoned with salt. I'm 25 y/o and I'm saying it's over seasoned. That's saying a lot. Everything else was just okay for how expensive it is. $180 with tip for 2.Special Features:
- Dining DelightReinhardVIPDined on 9/8/2014This was our first time to return to Hibuscus, since Chef Graham took over the kitchen...Can we say WOW! We've followed his culinary journey from Bolsa, to 214 and now our new "go to" place, Hibiscus. Every item was savory, perfectly prepared, beautifully (and creatively) presented. Our servers were professional, well versed in food and wine and pleasant (there when we needed attention but never hovering). Ample selection of wines a various price points and styles. Superb!Special Features:
- WAITER ROCKED -- FOOD NOT SO MUCHBigDgastronomicDined on 9/6/2014The Bar Tenders are great and our Waiter was fantastic!!! If we had only ordered the Carrot Ginger Soup, this review would be FIVE STARS -- After the soup we ordered the fried lamb ribs [more like fried cardboard chips], I was looking forward to picking up a lamb rib that was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside -- Crispy on the outside, check check check -- you couldn't cut the lamb ribs into individual ribs because the meat literally crumbled on the plate -- I was hoping this was just a poor starter choice -- um, NO!! Insert four letter word -- SALT -- Graham you need to hide the salt from your line staff, salt is easy to add but you can't remove it -- The wine list is nice, although the mark up is really ridiculous!Special Features:
- No Big DealPgp56Dined on 9/5/2014The food sounds better than it tastes. For the quality, the food is greatly over priced. Doubt I will return.
- Hibiscus1234Dined on 8/30/2014The overall service was slow and our server seemed to be overwhelmed (unsure if this was only the case this evening due to others who may have not shown up for their shift or if this would be an every night ordeal). The fact that we were looking around for the server the whole night detracted from the dinner. We also went there specifically for the mac and cheese and crab dip, only to find out the items were no longer on the menu (which was printed on paper as it seems to change frequently). Seems like the restaurant is trying to compete with the restaurants that constantly change their menu, and that is fine, just not what was expected from Hibiscus based on the previous times we had eaten there.Special Features:
- Losing touch with customersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014Hibiscus has been consistently taking fan favorites off the menu. When we discussed this with the manager, they were arrogant and did not really care. It is obvious that the chef is in too control of the menu. Sometimes it is better to do a basic food really well rather than putting crazy stuff on the menu.
- return to Hibiscus not greatHappyBellyVIPDined on 8/27/2014dinner portions were much smaller than on previous visits and the menu (specific to the month of August) was limited
- Great placeFudeDudeDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful cocktails, interesting innovative recipes, excellent preparation and great service. Certainly on the pricey side, but you definately get what you pay for. I would highly recommend this to all foodies and cocktail aficionados. Truly a unique Dallas gem.Special Features:
- First time great experienceTasteTestDined on 8/25/2014This was our first time to Hibiscus and it was definitely not our last! We started with the goat cheese bruschetta with peaches, a great blend of flavors. The steaks, rib eye and sirloin with bone in, were cooked to perfection, seasoned well and tender. The gruyere potatoes and elote sides were a perfect size and complement to the dinner. Finish it off with the apple oat tart and the chocolate fudge pie(this perhaps was not quite as creamy as expected but still had wonderful flavor) and it was quite a meal. The wine list was impressive and the pre-dinner drinks great! Top it off with outstanding service and a beautiful inviting atmosphere, it made for a very enjoyable meal. Well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Rated & Over PricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Booked this through open table, it was on the extended restaurant week email. When we got there, SURPRISE, even though it was listed with others who were participating in restaurant week and reservations were made as such, they were not. We were given menus, which looked as a regular menu. I asked if it was menu was for restaurant week. The hostess informed me they were not participating in the extended time frames and that if I look under their name it said they were not. I did go back and look, and sure enough, on the third page in very small letters it gave the dates they were participating. My fault for thinking that since they were on the email on open table listing the extended restaurant week, they would be participating.
- Hibiscus dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere was nice and service was very good. Ingredients come from within a 4 hour radius of the restaurant. The food very good, great taste. Portions were not very large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value isn't hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014It's been a few years since we've visited Hibiscus. The prices have gone up a lot and serving sizes have gone down. We split a $56 ribeye and my half was all fat and gristle. The octopus appetizer was $14 and had just a few tidbits of octopus surrounded by melon. For two of us the tab was $150, with one appetizer, one entrée, and 4 drinks. Not worth, will not be back again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014My 2nd visit @ Hibiscus was very disappointing compared to the first. The pork special was slices of what I presumed to be pork tenders. They were fat & grisly. The 2 other pork dishes, sausage & something else, was OK
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014For me, this restaurant is a miss. I loved the Jaded Mule cocktail. But overall, expensive, very small portions, food good but not memorable. Been there twice but would not go out of my way to go back again. Sorry Hibiscus...
- KathrynDined on 8/22/2014Second time yo eat here and the food was delicious as the first!Special Features:
- OK, but disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We were there for restaurant week (but found it was discontinued a week earlier than other participating restaurants). The entrees were good but not consistent with previous visits. Salads and sides were forgettable. Good service -- overall, just not worth the price. Seems a great choice for folks from suburbs on special occasion night.Special Features: