2927 N. Henderson
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
Knox / Henderson
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hibiscusdallas.com/
- Phone: 2148272927x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Graham Dodds
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hibiscus
Long recognized as one of Dallas' premier upscale restaurants, Hibiscus offers a relaxed and social dining experience free of pretense and full of mirth and genuine hospitality. Under Executive Chef Graham Dodds, the contemporary American fare at Hibiscus honors premium ingredients, market freshness and rustic sensibility in a way that satisfies hearty eaters and cerebral diners alike. The beverage program features a well-chosen and reasonably-priced American wine list and an original cocktail menu. Hibiscus is located in a beautiful, historic building in the heart of the thriving North Henderson Avenue dining and entertainment district and comfortably accommodates private events of up to 70 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hibiscus - Best Restaurants in Knox / Henderson ›
Hibiscus reviews from OpenTable diners
264 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (182)fit for foodies (166)romantic (129)neighborhood gem (103)notable wine list (73)good for groups (71)hot spot (58)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- HibiscusOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The overall service was slow and our server seemed to be overwhelmed (unsure if this was only the case this evening due to others who may have not shown up for their shift or if this would be an every night ordeal). The fact that we were looking around for the server the whole night detracted from the dinner. We also went there specifically for the mac and cheese and crab dip, only to find out the items were no longer on the menu (which was printed on paper as it seems to change frequently). Seems like the restaurant is trying to compete with the restaurants that constantly change their menu, and that is fine, just not what was expected from Hibiscus based on the previous times we had eaten there.Special Features:
- return to Hibiscus not greatHappyBellyVIPDined on 8/27/2014dinner portions were much smaller than on previous visits and the menu (specific to the month of August) was limited
- Great placeFudeDudeDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful cocktails, interesting innovative recipes, excellent preparation and great service. Certainly on the pricey side, but you definately get what you pay for. I would highly recommend this to all foodies and cocktail aficionados. Truly a unique Dallas gem.Special Features:
- First time great experienceTasteTestDined on 8/25/2014This was our first time to Hibiscus and it was definitely not our last! We started with the goat cheese bruschetta with peaches, a great blend of flavors. The steaks, rib eye and sirloin with bone in, were cooked to perfection, seasoned well and tender. The gruyere potatoes and elote sides were a perfect size and complement to the dinner. Finish it off with the apple oat tart and the chocolate fudge pie(this perhaps was not quite as creamy as expected but still had wonderful flavor) and it was quite a meal. The wine list was impressive and the pre-dinner drinks great! Top it off with outstanding service and a beautiful inviting atmosphere, it made for a very enjoyable meal. Well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Rated & Over PricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Booked this through open table, it was on the extended restaurant week email. When we got there, SURPRISE, even though it was listed with others who were participating in restaurant week and reservations were made as such, they were not. We were given menus, which looked as a regular menu. I asked if it was menu was for restaurant week. The hostess informed me they were not participating in the extended time frames and that if I look under their name it said they were not. I did go back and look, and sure enough, on the third page in very small letters it gave the dates they were participating. My fault for thinking that since they were on the email on open table listing the extended restaurant week, they would be participating.
- Hibiscus dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere was nice and service was very good. Ingredients come from within a 4 hour radius of the restaurant. The food very good, great taste. Portions were not very large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value isn't hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014It's been a few years since we've visited Hibiscus. The prices have gone up a lot and serving sizes have gone down. We split a $56 ribeye and my half was all fat and gristle. The octopus appetizer was $14 and had just a few tidbits of octopus surrounded by melon. For two of us the tab was $150, with one appetizer, one entrée, and 4 drinks. Not worth, will not be back again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014My 2nd visit @ Hibiscus was very disappointing compared to the first. The pork special was slices of what I presumed to be pork tenders. They were fat & grisly. The 2 other pork dishes, sausage & something else, was OK
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014For me, this restaurant is a miss. I loved the Jaded Mule cocktail. But overall, expensive, very small portions, food good but not memorable. Been there twice but would not go out of my way to go back again. Sorry Hibiscus...
- KathrynDined on 8/22/2014Second time yo eat here and the food was delicious as the first!Special Features:
- OK, but disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We were there for restaurant week (but found it was discontinued a week earlier than other participating restaurants). The entrees were good but not consistent with previous visits. Salads and sides were forgettable. Good service -- overall, just not worth the price. Seems a great choice for folks from suburbs on special occasion night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014Server was attentive and knowledgeable. Order of mashed potatoes didn't arrive with meal but were comped. The pork porterhouse was to die for!Special Features:
- Excellent Meal+FoodieInTrainingDined on 8/16/2014We went to Hibiscus for dinner during Restaurant Week. We were not disappointed. The food was outstanding! The scallops melted in my mouth and the mushrooms had a wonderfully earthy flavor. The tenderloin was cooked perfectly and was also delicious. We chose the Mac & Cheese and Potato Puree for our sides. They were amazing! I could eat a side of that mac & cheese as a meal! The service was spot on as well. Our table was ready when arrived and our server was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Our meal was served at a good pace, everything came out hot and as ordered.Special Features:
- Restaurant week tryDateNightDined on 8/16/2014Went there for restaurant week. I don't think the food was worth the price. I could tell they cut corners to accommodate the value. The regular menu is very expensive. I would only recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe not during restaurant weekdessertfirstDined on 8/16/2014We dined on Saturday night (during restaurant week). Maybe restaurant week skews things...dont know. Place was packed, service was good, drinks were slow from the bar (but really good). Lambs ribs were not my thing, bibb salad forgettable, friends got the fig salad said it needed more flavor, entrees my friends got chicken (good), husband got the scallops (really good, not great), me and one other person got steaks. Mine was underdone, his was overdone. The wait staff/management made them both right and brought us fresh sides which I thought was nice, but my husband and friend were done before we got ours. Bummer. Dessert was yum, I mean there is nothing wrong with that butterfinger pie! However I remember it being better. Just okay.Special Features:
- Not a place for restaurant week:(WarrantyVoiderDined on 8/16/2014This is our second year to go to Hibiscus for restaurant week. We had a party of five and the very nice waiter explained we would split 3 apps, get our own entrée, split 3 sides and split 3 desserts. This is family style. I guess Hibiscus has a different definition of family style than other restaurants serving such. Family style would generally indicate enough for everyone. Anyway, we left hungry and wanting for a bit more than splitting 3 items sized for an infant and 4 of his closest buddies. My recommendation; just head over to Pappas Steakhouse next time and get your monies worth. You won't be stopping for a snack at IHOP on the way home. Next.......Special Features:
- Foodies uniteBuckDined on 8/16/2014Was really disappointed with the way food was served and flavor. Last time I was there with a date the food was awesome. This time I felt short changed. A salad for one to share? Dinners are very small especially the scallops. What ever was served with them was just s smear on the plate and was tasteless. The scallops where over cooks. Chicken was great, the mushrooms excellent, the mashed peas tasted like baby food. My dates comment was that dessert (ice box pie) was the biggest thing served. The mac n cheese was disappointing since was one of the best a couple years back. Take a tip from Mercer's mac n cheese. I drive 12 miles just to have their mac n cheese. Was really disappointed. Feel like you lost your passion.Special Features:
- Always ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Even during restaurant week when things can be sporadic, Hibiscus delivers. Amazing food, wonderful service. Couldn't ask for more!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Erika MontejoFeedmysoulDined on 8/16/2014Went there during Restaurant week. I read about horror stories people experienced during restaurant week and had even considered cancelling . Well I am glad I didnt cancel . First of all service was amazing , food was to die for and ambience was just like in the movies . I had the best date night ever and would come back a million times . Hope they never change!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good, Almost GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014For the most part, we really enjoyed our evening. They're so close to being a truly great restaurant. Most of the food was fantastic (especially the heirloom tomato soup), but a couple things were just...fine (goat milk ricotta bruschetta, mac and cheese, potato salad with my brook trout). Our cocktails were good, but our wines were pretty forgettable. Service was mostly good though a bit inattentive -- not what it should be for "fine dining". For example, before we realized what was happening, they removed my husband's half-full cocktail to bring out wine for dinner. It's mainly frustrating to see a restaurant come close to being great but fall short. Not sure if I would make the 30 minute drive into Dallas for a return trip to Hibiscus.
- chicchic5VIPDined on 8/16/2014My lamb rib appetizer was delicious, but large enough to be an entree. I had 3 tasty scallops as my entree and my spouse had a filet of beef that had a rather weird taste. My butterfinger ice cream pie desert was okay, but my spouse's Chocolate Tart was tasty, but dry. It good had used a topping such as ice cream or whipped cream.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014For the price, I expected a far more stellar meal. The food was good, but certainly not worth the price tag. Staff was attentive and helpful.
- HungryDined on 8/16/2014Was called the same day to confirm our reservation and I asked if we could come a little later she said come 30 min later. once we got there they said that our reservation was not changed To the 30 min later and they will see what they could do. So we sat at the bar for 25 min and they never said anything to us until they called us for our table. Our waiter was awful never checked on us and he got the order wrong. All the food and ambiance was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lived up to hypeIheartfoodDined on 8/15/2014This is one of those restaurants you hear about. Well, I finally gave it a try during restaurant week. Of all three places I've tried, this was my fav! My only issue is that the soft drinks come in a SMALL bottle and there are no refills. I have no problem with this, but our waitress could have let me know when I ordered so I could have reconsidered as I expected refills. Other than that, the food was fantastic! The lamb ribs are the best lamb I've had in my entire life...and I eat a lot of lamb! I will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Steaks were phenominal and the Mac N Cheese was awesome! The service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014One of the best steaks I have had with great flavor in every bite. Most of the staff was great but our server seemed a little on edge(possibly it being due to restaurant week. The food over came over thing though and can't wait to go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!ThrilledDinerDined on 8/15/2014I came to Hibiscus for Restaurant Week and was thrilled with the wonderful food offerings. The lamb ribs were a gem; the scallops wonderful; and the icebox pie delectable. The wait staff thoughtfully brought steaming cloths during and after the ribs. The timing between the courses was good; the only thing I had to ask for was a knife to enjoy the Oreo cookie crust of the delicious ice cream pie. Fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week FindbreevhDined on 8/14/2014This was our first time to Hibiscus. The lamb ribs appetizer alone was worth the drive from Plano! I could have eaten 2 more plates of that dish. My steak was perfectly cooked and perfectly seasoned. The drinks (so I'm told) were delicious, and the chocolate tart...well...there was none left over - let's just say that.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!MichelleDined on 8/14/2014Fast becoming one of my FAVORITE restaurants! The food and staff are amazing!!!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekBrunchDined on 8/14/2014I was a little disappointed. I have been here in the past and was excited to come back. Brought guests. Did not think mac and cheese was as good as in the past. Also dessert was not as good. I would rather they charge $45 during restaurant week and have a better menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ExperienceLuv2dineDined on 8/14/2014Hibiscus food was delicious but skimpy on the servings per person. My complaint was that the appetizer had to be shared between two people. Although Hibiscus was nice and food good. It's not enough for me to go back.Special Features:
- HibiscusLadiesLeisurelyLunchVIPDined on 8/14/2014Outstanding all around. Frank was the best waiter Ihave ever had. He was attentive and had a great sense of humor.Special Features:
- Great placeBillDined on 8/14/2014Went to Hibiscus on a Thursday night for Restaurant Week. Great food and service. Had scallops, which were perfectly cooked. Excellent wine list. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and servicetastyeatsDined on 8/14/2014The service was prompt, warm and inviting, as was the ambience. The food was good, but not exceptional. Our scallops with corn pudding main dish had a grain of sand here and there, and the combination of the sweetness of the scallops combined with the sweetness of the corn wasn't the best composition. The burrata was delicious, and the icebox pie was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent goodLuv2eatDined on 8/13/2014We went for restaurant week and had to wait a few minutes for our table because the place was packed but it was worth the wait. The good was incredible. We definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit - but not lastTXDLMDined on 8/13/2014Great food and excellent service! Our group of 6 enjoyed everything about the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hibiscus ReviewfirsttimerestaurantweekerDined on 8/13/2014Food was okay, not as great as expected especially for the price point. Waitress was kind but not very attentive.Special Features:
- Never disappointing.....garyemVIPDined on 8/13/2014The food is outstanding!! We enjoyed the Restaurant Week menu on this visit - Lamb Ribs, Tenderloins, Mac & Cheese, Icebox Pie - and these would be my recommendations. We did order the Toybox Tomato Salad from the regular menu, and it wasn't up to their usual standards - we were definitely shorted on the blue cheese. But I think Restaurant Week is a bit overwhelming for the kitchen staff, and we did not voice any type of complaint. We highly recommend this restaurant. One of our absolute favorites.Special Features:
- We loved it! 10 starsKRT14Dined on 8/12/2014We loved the environment, food, service. We are still raving and spreading the word. It will be a regular stop for our dining pleasure. Like I said....we give it a 10 star rating :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outrageous!JoelleDined on 8/12/2014I was impressed by everything from the burrata appetizer, to the scallops entree all the way to the delicious butterfinger ice cream cake dessert. The service was impeccable and the ambience was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.