Hi Life Restaurant
3380 Holcomb Bridge Road
Norcross, GA 30092Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Hi Life Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiliferestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7704090101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Dontrell S. Ham
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Hi Life is providing catering for guests in the Norcross vicinity with a wide array of services to make every party and event a success. Our caterers and culinary specialists are available seven days a week to assist you in selecting a menu that will fit your taste and catering budget. You'll find our catering menu and packages are perfect for any occasion. We in collaborating with you to develop your perfect menu. Large parties are also able to dine within our restaurant with personalized menus or buyouts may be available for even larger groups.
A word from Hi Life Restaurant
Hi life is Norcross’ favorite for upscale casual dining. For over ten years Hi Life has graced the North Atlanta food scene. Conveniently located just ten minutes from Buckhead and Brookhaven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hi Life Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- RockyDined on 8/1/2014Just wanted to let you know that when we arrived at the restaurant they did not have our reservation from Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmoshpere and Great FoodNorcrossJJDined on 7/24/2014We had dinner at Hi Life during restaurant week. The food was great and the restaurant week price was a great value. We've eaten at Hi Life previously and we've never been disappointed. The bar area is a great place to have a cocktail and grab an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014We went for Gwinnett Restaurant week and this was our favorite place. The outside looked a bit run down but inside was clean and open. Great food, great service. The expresso mousse was especially delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinner for fourLuv10sDined on 7/21/2014I had met two friends at restaurant the week before Gwinnett Restaurant week and had a fun dinner and decided I would take a friend and her husband for her birthday and three course dinner for $21.21. We had a lovely evening and food options were perfect since we had one of everything offered. It was so nice that the other couple took 4 of their grandchildren two nights later. I have never been disappointed at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice surprise!Live2eatVIPDined on 6/28/2014Very good food! And our waitress was the most charming on the planet! We had lobster ravioli which was yummy and oh so rich. Also, seared scallops with wasabi mashed taters and tempura green beans which were heavenly. And, half priced wine on a Sat. night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGAKluvs2eatDined on 6/7/2014I have been dining at Hi Life for years and I keep going back because the food and the service are absolutely top notch. Don't be put off by the location. The scallop dish (served whith wasabi whipped potatoes and tempura battered green beans) is one of the best in Atlanta. The steaks are extremely delicious as well. Go see for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want to go backBrianTheMasterVIPDined on 5/31/2014I really don't understand why no one goes here. I noticed two things that might be why: the location and the sign(or lack of). The location is stuffed away in a dark shopping center. I don't understand why the HI LIFE sign was off? I made the area very unattractive and a little scary. Across the street the restaurants were packed, but HI LIFE...the girlfriend and I were the only ones eating. The food, drinks, and service were great. The servings are heavy so you will have lunch for the next day. On Saturday they offer half priced wine. Overall I would go back for the food and drinks, but not until they fix the HI LIFE sign...I need to feel safe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the Hi Life Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great food,service needs some workluv2bloomDined on 4/30/2014Food was great but service is not the best.wait staff is friendly but not attentive they don't check back enough,tables had no salt or pepper on them or sugar, and waiting for wait staff to bring some was horrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for a casual restaurantKarenVIPDined on 3/28/2014We stumbled on this location while in Norcross GA for a couple of days (it was very close the the Hilton where we were staying). I had asked the front desk to recommend a place we could go for a late dinner and to watch the NCAA Tournament. I had worked in the restaurant business for many years so am somewhat critical on all levels. I found the restaurant very comfortable and the server welcoming and helfpul. The food was the biggest surprise....excellent Caesar Salad, and the Lobster Ravioli was one of the best I've ever had. The wine list was a little weak. I only say that becuase the food was so good, it begs for better (and more reasonably priced) wines. I'd definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- Fantastic - 5 starsjonmaguire22Dined on 3/22/2014So this may not be the best location - tucked in a strip mall in Peachtree Corners. It may not have all the flare of driving down to buckhead - but if you are anywhere close to this restaurant you have got to try it. The food was fantastic. You don't get the stuffy service or stuffy people at other restaurants of this caliber - so it's a great place without the attitude. From start to finish I could not have asked for a better place for our 11th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Driving past for years finally wentBryanDined on 2/27/2014I've lived in Norcross/Berkeley Lake area for years and I've driven past Hi Life countless times. Finally decided to give it a try and it was well worth it! It was a slow night but the service was great and the food was fantastic. Truly a neighborhood gem and highly recommended!Special Features:
- One of my local favoritesebgwinVIPDined on 2/15/2014I always enjoy this restaurant. The atmosphere is elegant without being stuffy and the food .... is OUTSTANDING. Everything is designed to make the meal feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home Run.SteveWernerDined on 1/4/2014Was looking for a nice, romantic venue with low crowds and a reasonable drive. Open Table was most helpful and led me to this gem. The service was wonderful; they knew beforehand it was our anniversary and treated us very special and gave us the space we desired. The food (Grouper, Salmon) melted in our mouth and the cheesecake was awesome. We badly needed an escape and time together...and Hi Life delivered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night HideawayTarHeelPopDined on 9/14/2013Hi Life was highly recommended by my housemate and did not disappoint. My date and I thoroughly enjoyed the food, the Saturday wine special, the attentive service and the quiet ambiance. We wanted a restaurant where our conversation could flow and not be overwhelmed by the din of a rush hour eatery. The crab cake appetizer impressed a (gorgeous) foodie from Maryland! The sea bass and scallops entrees were superb. Melanie provided great service -- thank you! The Hi Life was start of the best date night in 40 years! G, you will always have my heart! RSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet place on weekendsLesismoreVIPDined on 6/21/2013I had been to this restaurant once, over six years ago, and decided to give it another try. I liked the quiet, unbusy atmosphere, unlike most places on a Friday night. Apparently they do most of their business week nights. I found he food competent, but it wasn't that special. The bread was very salty, and the desserts just ok. I think the prices are a bit high for the value, but I would consider another visit.Special Features:
- Inconsistent at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2013We went to Hi-Life with the intent of trying it out as a rehearsal dinner venue. I must say that overall, we were disappointed. The steak was served not only over well done but charred. The fish was also poorly prepared and, as a result, she decided that the rehearsal dinner would not be held at this venue. I have to say that my wife's and my dinner were just fine. We will probably give Hi-Life a second try but they are certainly out of the running for a rehearsal dinner. With a tab of over $200 (with drinks), I didn't see the value. Pros: Nice ambiance for a restaurant in a strip shopping center. Cons: Service was slow even though the place was not crowded. Food was poorly prepared for half the party.
- Hi Life was so enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/19/2013We had a wonderful dinner. Our server was very knowledgeable. We talked about like Pinot Noir, but wasn't sure which to choose. She brought 2 samples for me to try Both were very good, but one went with my fish choice better. My husband chose the other to go with his steak. We enjoyed the carpaccio as an appetizer. It was little overdressed, but still good.We were presented with strawberry-orange sorbet as a palate cleanser before the entrees. I had the sea bass, my husband had the chimichurri steak. both were very good, the rice side lacked salt, but the meals were still delicious. We ended with ginger cheesecake - so good.Special Features:
- The preparation of the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013The preparation of the food leaves a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- Although the food here isWahoo73VIPDined on 10/23/2012Although the food here is well-prepared, service was just OK and considering the overall experience, I thought dinner was slightly over-priced.
- The scary rhing is the servedRoswellGuyDined on 9/22/2012The scary rhing is the served 4 tables including us on Saturday night between 7-10the pm.Special Features:
- A little pricey but reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2012A little pricey but really good food and creative, great vegetables!Special Features:
- Just excellent. Had not beenWinemanVIPDined on 7/20/2012Just excellent. Had not been there in years and now cannot wait to go back. Waitress (Jessica?) was special.Special Features:
- We had never been to Hi LifeTonyVIPDined on 7/14/2012We had never been to Hi Life even though we have lived in Norcross for a couple of years. It is in a nondescript strip mall and from the outside it is pretty ugly. The inside is nice although it looks pretty dated. The wonton appetizer was good and very different. We both had fish (sea bass and scallops) and they were good and very well presented. The prices were a little high but it was a good dinner. We were one of the only tables that were filled in the restaurant which is too bad.Special Features:
- Great Place for a Special NightebgwinVIPDined on 6/7/2012Stylish and inviting. We loved our meal. The pace was very leisurely - so don't go in a rush... but you'll want to savor every bite of your delicious meal. My friend started with a spicy Gazpacho - which was excellent and anice kick to it. Then he had the Jambalaya which was very good and filling. I had the lobster ravioli - with big chunks of delicious lobster and a very rich sauce. Be sure and save room for dessert - our white chocolate blond brownie a la mode was likely the best dessert we had in a very long time. Well worth the calories. We'll be back.Special Features:
- great restaurant, fulfilledOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2012great restaurant, fulfilled our request for a quite corner. Service and food was excellentSpecial Features:
- This chef and staff know whatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012This chef and staff know what they're doing! Well designed food and presentation, plenty to satisfy, made to special order. Helpful attention to special diet needs. A REAL treat and wonderful change in the restaurant world of "get 'em in, get 'em out." We've been coming here for 10 years plus.....will continue for the next 10.Special Features:
- We have never had a bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012We have never had a bad experience at Hi Life. It's always good and we have been many times for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- passOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/17/2012The service was terrible. It wasn't the waitress, the kitchen couldn't get the food out timely and the place was no where near full. We sat for over an hour waiting for our meal. We had a 7:15 reservation and they were already out of that night's special. We will not go back.
- ...always a great choice...greatcanuckDined on 2/14/2012...always a great choice...great food, great service!Special Features:
- Went for Valentine's Day.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Went for Valentine's Day. Selected from the special menu. My husband's filet was perfect. My duck came out a perfect medium however the food was cool. Plate went back, plate came back with warm food but the duck was now well done. Probably us used a microwave to warm it. Would give them another chance.Special Features:
- Dontrel runs an outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/11/2012Dontrel runs an outstanding restaurant with many unique and exceptional entrees.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experience - Hi-LifeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011I found this gem through Open Table on New Year's Eve. My husband and I wanted a very special dining experience to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary and the coming of the New Year. The service was excellent with the exception of the delay in receiving our entrees. The food was over the top... Filet Mignon was perfectly prepared. The Lobster Ravioli was outrageously delicious (I highly recommend it) and the house Cabernet was wonderful!! We have already recommended Hi-Life to several of our friends. Thank you Open Table!!Special Features:
- Food is very good and reasonablyRegularDinerVIPDined on 11/11/2011Food is very good and reasonably priced. Not sure why they do not do a better weekend business, but it is worth it for the food. Service depends on which server you get.
- What a great surprise!scandiaDined on 7/12/2011While visitng Atlanta, we used Open Table to find the restaurant and diner reviews to make our final choice. Great food, nice presentation and a lovely restaurant. We recommended it to our collegues.Special Features:
- 3rd time back after a longOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/16/20113rd time back after a long hiatus. Really like their variety of food choices and quality of everything is really good. We had variety of appetizers, salad and all of got one of their seafood dishes. Everything was great. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Food was good. It was Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Food was good. It was Valentine's Day so it was busy. We were put in the middle of the floor with people practically sitting on top of us so that was disappointing. Normally, I have a good experience at this restaurant, but I wouldn't recommend it for Valentine's Day unless you make reservations VERY early and pick your seating.Special Features:
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011this was our fourth visit to Hi Life and it did not disappoint. The food as always was extraordinary, beautifully prepared and presented. The server was a joy and could appear on Leno with his quips! We highly recommend your visit to HiLife in Norcross.Special Features:
- Atmosphere and Service Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/9/2011Atmosphere and Service Excellent. Food Good but not the best, but they have great Margaritas,Special Features:
- Great food, fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/4/2011This restaurant consistently serves up a very delicious meal. The presentation of the meal is also very nice. A great place for a quiet dinner while the prices are very reasonable. And the service is very attentive as well as fun. We have eaten here at least a half dozen times in the past few months and never have a bad meal or experience.Special Features:
- Disappointing Visitgood4uVIPDined on 1/21/2011We visited the Hi Life restaurant on a Friday night at 7:00. We have visited this restaurant before and it has been one of our favorites. This particular night, however, we were disappointed by the quality of our food. All the dishes we ordered were very bland and not well prepared (the table beside us also had to send food back to be redone). In addition 2 of our favorites were either removed from the menu (wedge salad) or in the menu but unavailable. We certainly eill go back to try again - hoping for a return to quality.