23 Ocean Lane
Hilton Head, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hhprime.com/
- Phone: 8433418058
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Khal Rabadi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Listen to live entertainment throughout the year featuring renowned island entertainers
A word from hh prime
Just steps from the ocean, this sensory dining experience boasts the spectacular culinary flare the Island has been waiting for. With the highest quality USDA Prime Grade beef selections, the freshest seafood and pasta dishes along with decadent dessert creations, the hh prime menu is top of mind for Island residents and visitors alike. From the classic New York strip to a Prime aged Chicago Style Bone-in Ribeye to the savory Filet Mignon, hh prime boasts the best steaks for even the most traveled connoisseur. For a lighter fare, enjoy our fine selection of the Island's freshest seafood. hh prime features an impressive open show kitchen with grand interior and exterior fireplaces, dinner hour music, and a wine room. This two-story restaurant presents a new intimate dining experience both inside and out where everyone can enjoy a vacation ambiance while they dine and relax at hh prime.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
hh prime reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)romantic (8)fit for foodies (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)good for groups (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Worth searching outLisaGBDined on 8/16/2014This was my second visit in two years. Definitely not your typical hotel restaurant. In fact, this time I was staying at a different hotel and went to hhprime because of my previous great experience. Food, service and atmosphere are all terrific. My husband and I had a lovely romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food for an average placeLargeDined on 8/9/2014From the reviews I was expecting an outstanding steakhouse experience, but this feel short. I had a very difficult time understand our waitress throughout the evening which ended very awkwardly when she delievered our check before asking if we watned dessert. Another server came over to run the CC when we informed her that we wanted to see the dessert menu, the rest of the evening our waitiress did not come back over. The first dish we ordered at 730pm was the sweet potatoe raviloi, we were informed that they just ran out... Who runs out of a dish at 730pm on a Saturday at a half full resturant? The rest of the food was eh, calamari was very greasy, crapcake bland, salmon with skin with the hilight being the filet which was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedvisitorfrompaDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I ate one night while staying in Hilton Head. Both ordered the same meal but got two totally different quality steaks. Wife's was excellent. Mine was thinner, tough and had a lot of inedible trim. Could not ask for better service, but meal was a disappointment.
- DisappointedDrLesleyDined on 8/2/2014We chose this place for our 39th wedding anniversary, it was not the special occasion we had hoped for. I had requested a window seat, the staff were originally going to place us at an awful table near the door. They did however offer us a complementary drink when I refused whilst they prepared another table. The menu was basic and not as we had previously seen on line. This was " casual dining" people wandered through the restaurant in beach clothes and the tables lacked cloths. The staff were excellent although our waitress misinterpreted our request to have a starter as a main course, ( we did not correct her). They also provided us with free dessert with happy anniversary written on the plate, a nice touch. The food however was awfulSpecial Features:
- Great bday dinnerHHvacationerDined on 7/27/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday based on positive online reviews for HH Prime. We were not disappointed! Steak was the best I've had in a long time, and the sea food was all fresh and perfectly cooked. Our waitress was friendly and helpful, and they even comped my bf's dessert (instead of bringing out a stock birthday dessert). Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good hotel/resort diningMarkVIPDined on 7/22/2014Food and service was very good. I have found resort restaurants are hit miss, but hh was surprisingly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicehiltonheadfanDined on 7/11/2014Breakfast bar was good, a bit expensive for the quality. Outdoor service was slow, indoor service was fine. Dinner food was excellent! No complaints with our dinners nor the service. We ate dinners here twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average steak houseChrisVIPDined on 7/1/2014If you're looking for a Ruth Chris or other higher end steak house, this isn't the place in my opinion. 3 of 4 of us ordered Filet Mignon and when we got the plate, everything looked good, but the steaks were overcooked and very dry. I ordered medium rare and it was also dry. Great place for kids, and very elegant decor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed our dinner. The setting looking out toward the ocean was very pleasant. The chef was very accommodating and tried to please us. We had a delicious salad which was very fresh and food was well cooked. Some of the food such as grits with the shrimp were too spicy for me but the dish was good overall. The mussels with bowtie marinara was also too spicy even though we asked for it to be mild.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!!!DebbieDined on 5/8/2014Everything was wonderful!! The good was great, the service was outstanding and the atmosphere was lovely!! A great find in Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 163 reviews are from the hh prime reviews archive.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2014Head great steak and crab cakes. Family friendly, but for what is supposed to be a limitless more upscale environment... Was a little too casual. I know HHI has a casual dress code but barely covered swimsuits and folks wearing things that look like they just came from the gym? They should still require people to dress nice casual as it spoiled the environment. Frankly I was a bit worried, but the food was ver good. Service was on the slow side and for the prices the service should match the food... Seemed woefully understaffed.Special Features:
- Best outdoor dinning in Hilton HeadMikeVIPDined on 4/4/2014The food is spot on. Wonderful she crab soup! The outdoor dinning is awesome. A must try when in Hilton Head Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was slow andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2014The restaurant was slow and that may have impacted service but the service was slow and inattentive - friendly but nothing special; the atmosphere would have been better had they tried to sit people in closer proximity to each other on a slow nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findHiltonheadfanDined on 3/8/2014We have eaten here twice, once on each yearly vacation. We seem to remember the food being fantastic last year, and though it was great again, it was a small notch down. Still very good - but not amazing like the first time. Hubby had the filet and I had the vegetarian pasta. The Cesar salad was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for hotel restaurantSerendipitylaneDined on 3/1/2014The food is excellent and the service is very good. I do not enjoy having diner with another couple, where people noisy people enter and exit the dining room from outside, beer in hand, and voices disturbing. This is not a place for a romantic or intimate dinner. You can not even enjoy a quiet conversation among friends. MANY other restaurants on H.H.I. that are comparable or better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeness!LanckyDined on 2/21/2014Everything about our dining experience was outstanding! Loved it!lSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strawberry Balsamic Glazed GouperOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014The fireplace and live guitarist (playing James Taylor, Jimmy Buffet, and other soft folk rock on a 12 string acoustic) were great, but the food was even better. I enjoyed greatly the Strawberry Balsamic Glazed Gouper, creamy red beet and feta cous cous, stewed strawberries and beets with wilted spinach. A great meal and a great place. We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at ChristmascheycatDined on 12/25/2013Great place for a special Christmas dinner. Been there to eat on one other occasion and b both times the service was fantastic and the for was really good. Great filet and shrimp and grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favourite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2013One of my favourite restaurants anywhere. Have only been here twice, we live in Toronto so and we don't get here often, but the food is always great. The best New York strip steak ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service but that's itJonoVIPDined on 10/25/2013They messed up 3/4 of our steaks and the bill was exorbitant. We are frequent fine diners, but this was outrageous. Manager and server were outstanding, but you don't spend that kind of money to have so much trouble with the food. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Fine Dining on Hilton Head Is.DinerDined on 9/6/2013We always enjoy this fine dining steakhouse. It has never disappointed us. HH Prime is always a special evening, they make it so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average but goodSherriDined on 8/10/2013Nice restaurant and the food is good. Think it's a little overpriced for just a good steak. I was hoping for a great steak.Special Features:
- Food vs PricekalvenDined on 8/2/2013Food was very good albeit small, unadorned portions. Too expensive for multiple visits - very special occasions only. Upper level a/c not good -- much too hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2013Be sure to order your steak much rarer than actually want it
- This was our first time atTweakieVIPDined on 6/30/2013This was our first time at hh prime and I will definitely go back. The restaurant is very attractive--I think it was recently redone. Our waiter,Sean, was wonderful and our meals --I had shrimp and my husband a crabcake --were outstanding. Don't be put off by the fact it is in the Omni Hotel--this restaurant is terrific--some of the best food I've had in the 25 years I've been coming to HHI!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HH Prime is PRIME...MikeVIPDined on 5/30/2013This is NOT your hotel restaurant...it is a great place for those who love food, great wine and WONDERFUL outdoor seaside dinning! I woul say this is one of the top 5 places in Hilton Head Island to eat and the views are awesome. Even if you are not staying at the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort this restaurant is open to you. We go there eveytime we are in HHI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere elsehhdineDined on 4/12/2013Overpriced tourist trap. Too many other great choices on Hilton Head to waste your money here.Special Features:
- Happy EndingrascDined on 4/4/2013I was pleasantly surprised by the food at HhPrime. When we first arrived in the restaurant, I was disappointed that it wasn't fancier. For the price, I was shocked that so many families had children in the restaurant, especially at 9 p.m. So this restaurant is certainly not good for a romantic meal. The menu selection also struck me as limited. But once our friendly waiter brought our meal, my attitude changed. The wine was excellent and everything we ate was spectacular. Here is what we learned the next night: the bar across the hall, XO, can serve the same delicious HhPrime menu (minus the children sitting nearby!). Problem solved!Special Features:
- It is an "ok" steak restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013It is an "ok" steak restaurant by no neans an upscale place. Waiter forgot to bring a salad. We regularly go to hilton head and will noy be going back to hhprime
- It was terrible no one toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013It was terrible no one to greet for over five minutes when someone finally he wasn't professional he was rude and didn't even apologize.(Tall guy with a accent)service was poor and it wasn't even busy. Will not be back and won't recommend anyone.Special Features:
- The food is good here, thiscycloneVIPDined on 3/5/2013The food is good here, this time was not quite as good as before. I think they were a bit heavy on the butter on several items. Still the food is good. Steaks are always high quality.Special Features:
- Our table was not ready...weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2013Our table was not ready...we passed several empty tables as they took us to the bar to wait. When we were eventually seated, we got water and rolls. PERIOD! No one showed up to wait on us. After 20 minutes...we left. Will not go back.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Visited for valentines day and was disappointed with the main course. The she-crab soup was good.Special Features:
- As always HH Prime rises toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013As always HH Prime rises to the occasion for providing one of the best meals with the best service on the island. The staff is always helpful and very attentive.Special Features:
- I guess because so much constructioOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013I guess because so much construction was going on it was not as nice looking as it should be. The restaurant looked shabby. It needs a facelift.
- Restaurant Week MenuIslandDuxVIPDined on 1/25/2013Normally too expensive for us but enjoyed the special restaurant week menu. Very good value three course meal
- Best steakhouse (and more)DinerDined on 1/25/2013Best steakhouse (and more) on Hilton Head Island!!! This is a local version on par with Ruth's Chris in a modern decor on the ocean. The chef was outstanding from appetizers to deserts. The immaculate center open kitchen is a show. This will be a repeat restaurant!!!Special Features:
- there was a very large partyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/4/2013there was a very large party - a convention I think that made the experience not so great. The food was fine.
- We went on Thanksgiving -OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/22/2012We went on Thanksgiving - so, it was probably just short-staffed for the holiday, which explained the slower service. But the cesar salad was nothing special - especially for a high-priced steakhouse. The steak was great - but a good steak is getting easier to come by... we will go someplace else next time.
- Though we've been going toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2012Though we've been going to HH for years, we didn't even realize this restaaunt was at the Omni Hotel. Everything was wonderful, service ambience, and food! I highly reccomend people to try it even if they are not staying at the resort and/or are local residents. We are part time residents of the island and will return in the near future.Special Features: