HG SPLY CO
2008 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
HG SPLY CO
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hgsplyco.com/
- Phone: 4693340895
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Niekrasz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music on our scenic roof top Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings
A word from HG SPLY CO
Inspired by the "back to basics"mentality of cooking, we envisioned a spot not defined by trend, but by truth. Simple clean food, classic drinks, and humble hospitality!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
HG SPLY CO - Best Restaurants in Greenville Avenue ›
HG SPLY CO reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (112)neighborhood gem (89)hot spot (87)great for outdoor dining (60)vibrant bar scene (60)good for groups (50)great for lunch (38)scenic view (33)special occasion (29)great for brunch (20)late-night find (12)romantic (11)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Loved it!micher99VIPDined on 10/14/2014Our server, Naomi (I think), was absolutely wonderful. The sunset toast was a treat. The food was really great and tasted even better knowing that it was derived from local farmers and grass fed ranchers. I had the Bison Ribs and Brussels Sprouts. They were both excellent. Parking is a bear. Need to get valet as an option.Special Features:
- MissyDined on 10/13/2014The food is delicious and the atmosphere is fun. I love the pairing of ingredients be it an acoholic beverage, nachoes, entres or dessert your tastebuds will be overjoyed! Great job HG Supply Co.! I will return many times!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paleo pleaserTulsaTasterDined on 10/10/2014The food is fit for Paleo diets and is extremely creative and delicious. The service is fast and friendly. The only drawback for me is the restaurant is excessively loud and noisy.Special Features:
- Looking forward to a return visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Moscow Mule with Kombucha was better than any other I've had with ginger beer. The build your own bowl is a great way to order. I had the grilled flat iron steak, medium rare, with brussels sprouts and sweet potato hash and red wine demi sauce. The steak was perfectly cooked, and the veggies were delicious. You must make reservations, unless you want to stand outside for a while and watch the people with reservations walk right in. My only critique--it was crazy loud inside; almost too loud to carry on a conversation. I told them we were celebrating a birthday when I made the reservations, and after our meal, they brought a flourless chocolate cake with a scoop of ice cream to the b'day boy. It, too, was wonderful! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and Flavorful!YLOilyFoodieDined on 10/8/2014My recent and first time visit to HG SPLY CO was fabulous! I was there for a celebratory lunch for a business team member. The atmosphere was pretty lively and loud upon arrival, but once we began our in depth conversation, it seemed to be less noticeable. Our waiter was Jody, and he was tremendous. He was quite friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu, company concept and mission. Our glasses never emptied which is an example of the excellent service that we received. There were many tempting selections, but I chose to create my own bowl of Seared Ahi Tuna with sauteed mushrooms and quinoa pilaf. I added a farm fresh fried egg on top. Delicious! The food was mouthwatering and extremely flavorful. **Highly recommend HG SPLY!Special Features:
- Was great but a little noisyMserna0601Dined on 10/7/2014My wife and I had a birthday dinner there, don't get me wrong this place is outstanding and this wasn't our first time to go here; but it was a little more nosier than the last couple times. If this is was the outcome of our free market economy than so be it and props too H&G for their great success! I am looking forward to going back when the weather is a little cooler and eating on the roof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for dietksimsjrDined on 10/1/2014I've been on a Paleo kick and this restaurant had done of the best paleo friendly meals I've eaten in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful serviceIheartdiningoutVIPDined on 9/27/2014I visited hg sply as an out of towner with high expectations. My friend and I ordered a bottle of wine and a salad to start. They didn't have the bottle listed on the menu so we went with a suggestion from our waiter. We then ordered the ribs about 10 minutes after ordering our salads. We got busy chatting and drinking wine and an hour goes by without receiving our ribs. The waiter only stopped by maybe once or twice in this time frame. We called him over to ask about the ribs and "he forgot to put them in." He offered to give us another glass of wine on the house to make up for his forgetfulness. I would have much rather had a quick meal or our bottle comped. He didn't even tell the manager, so we never got a real apology. Frustrating!!Special Features:
- Loved it!Brooks15Dined on 9/23/2014The atmosphere was great. The food was fantastic. Wait staff we fun and awesome. The manager did a Sunset toast....never had seen it before. Very cool. I would go back in a heartbeat and take friends with me.Special Features:
- Love the atomspherelovetohavefunDined on 9/19/2014We chose this place from a friends recommendation as well as yelp reviews and I am glad we did! Great mix of patrons, young and old, people all very friendly, great service and the food was perfect! Gotta love the roof top bar overlooking the hustle and bustle of the the other restuarants below. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATKateDined on 9/18/2014Food, service, ambiance... HG was fantastic. Waiters were knowledgeable about the menu and attentive to the table. They did a sundown toast (Monday-Friday) which really made customers feel appreciated. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- great food and service!ACLathamDined on 9/14/2014not sure who our server was but she was great-very attentive and even took a beer back that my step dad didn't like. This was our second time in within a month and didn't disappoint! My venison was cooked perfectly and everyones meal was great. keep up the good work! Thanks CarterSpecial Features:
- Food/Yes - Parking/NoJaniceGVIPDined on 9/14/2014First time to dine at HG Supply. We tried the burger, the PBLT, and the duck confit. Everything was great except the pork belly. I realize pork belly is a fatty cut of meat, but this was pretty much all fat. Very disappointing. Cocktail menu was filled with interesting and tasty drinks. Major disappointment was the lack of parking. The restaurant needs to partner with other restaurants to offer valet or a lot. It is not worth it to me to return to the restaurant and have to deal with finding somewhere to park.Special Features:
- Try the BowlAMC75201VIPDined on 9/11/2014I heard a lot about this place from a friend and made a reservation weeks in advance. It is a farm to table / organic type of place. Which was definitely a draw. The decor and staff are very friendly and attentive, however, the food was a bit disappointing on the favor. I had the steak bowl and it was VERY BLAND. My dining companion had the TexMex bowl and she asked for the salt and pepper to help spice it up. Overall, it was just OK.Special Features:
- Fantastic food & cocktails!ddiazVIPDined on 9/5/2014The service was fantastic, our waiter, Guillermo, made wonderful suggestions for both food and drink. The place was busy the entire time we were there, and the rooftop patio was amazing. We will definitely be returning with a reservation for the patio with a big group of friends next time. Only is that done on open table or do we call HG??? I'll find out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014At 6pm the restaurant was too loud to be able to talk.Special Features:
- Fun Healthy FareOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere, even if a little loud, and healthy offerings. Service was very good and waitstaff knowledgeable about the craft beers on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?EMZSDined on 8/27/2014When we moved to Dallas almost a year ago, this was our favorite spot, and stayed that way for months. It's affordable and elegant food, healthy, etc. We went there again this week and the meat was overcooked and tasteless. Wine tasted like it had been open for a while, and it was as loud as a club.Special Features:
- Delicious and NurtritiousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014We had an early dinner on a Monday evening and got right in. Service was prompt and courteous and the food innovative and delicious! Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014Can't say enough about HG Sply. You must check it out. Food was delicious. Paleo/Clean friendly choices. We shared the chicken taco appetizer and Kale salad. Both were delicious and huge portions ! The bowls were fantastic - can't wait to go back and have a build your own bowl next time around. Eat dinner downstairs but don't miss the chance to go up to the rooftop for a drink in the evening. Views of downtown are beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Palio diet menu!!NygirlintxDined on 8/24/2014We've been here 3x and all 3 were fantastic. The food is fresh, local and yummy. Great drinks and fresh juices perfect for lunch or brunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy then HOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We had a late reservation and the restaurant was still hopping. It was exciting and my entire group of foodies sat down anticipating a good meal. Talking became difficult as the noise level was extreme. The service from our waiter was just so-so as he was hustling to meet the demands of all his table. We ordered and got 3 different appetizers and we were encouraged and excited about our meal selections. Then this happened: the restuarant manager opened the big garage door windows in front. The restaurant immediately became overheated with the 90+ degree weather and humidity and all the people. By the time our entres arrived, we were soaked with sweat. Our feelings about our meals were defintiely affected by this.Special Features:
- First trip to HGACLathamDined on 8/22/2014Great service overall from tarantino. my venison was a bit on the rare side so I asked for a quick refire and it came back perfect. the nachos were amazing and my wife's beet and green apple salad with the addition of a chicken breast was also very tasty. was a bit close quarters seating wise and also a little loud for a 615 reservation but nice to see a local place doing well. cool paleo friendly, locally sourced menu was a big draw for me. good beer selection and great cocktails to boot!! would definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- Delicious food that's healthy, too!rebeckiDined on 8/18/2014I was looking for a restaurant in Dallas that serves clean food options as I've just recently changed my diet. HG came highly recommended from a friend of mine and I was not disappointed! I had a "make your own" bowl and I can't wait to go back again and try some more options. This is a great find in a newly revitalized part of town.Special Features:
- Always solidmjpoloVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been here 4-5 times and always have a good meal. Competent, efficient service and quality food. Our kids love it and always want to go. Can be a bit difficult to get in but worth the trip. It is really nice to see Lower Greenville doing well again.Special Features:
- Perfectly Paleo!go2gonzDined on 8/16/2014Everything we had was delicious! The coffee crusted rib-eye was by far the BEST rib-eye I had ever tasted and cooked to perfection! The cesar kale salad with chickpea croutons was perfect! I will definitely make the drive back to Dallas for this place!Special Features:
- Fun night out!SuzyqDined on 8/15/2014Food was really great. Windy Farms chicken was a standout as was the tuna. Our server, Glen, was exceptional and especially for recommending the chocolate cake dessert. Love the energy of this restaurant but a bit difficult to have conversation as it was very loud. Still, we would go back for the food...and Glen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Good food but disappointing with the squatters on the rooftop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at HGDeloptdDined on 8/13/2014First time to Hg and I will be back. Loved the free toast at sunset . Had the tuna entree done perfect . If you get the chance order the pork appetizer great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benny was kind of a bummerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014My first time and had the Hunter's Benny (version of eggs benedict). I liked the concept however I found the dish was overall under-seasoned (needed salt - and I'm not one of those people that always adds salt to my food (just if the chef failed to)). I also found the soft bread off-putting - it should have been toasted or somehting. Anyway, there were lots of great sounding dishes on the menu and I plan to go back. Atmosphere and service was great!Special Features:
- Uncomfortable seatingQueenieDined on 8/9/2014For a restaurant that features fairly high end dishes, especially on the dinner menu, it amazes me management would think anyone would want to sit at a 6 top on uncomfortable, backless bar stools to enjoy a meal. This is what one expects from a fast food restaurant. We did not mind the bar table so much, but the backless stools ruined the meal. It also annoyed me that the hostess completely ignored our request for a more comfortable table while immediately separating wall/booth tables, which had just been vacated by a larger party, to seat parties of 4 and another of 2. We skipped drinks from the bar entirely because of the uncomfortable seating...we just wanted to eat our meal and leave. Excellent food over-shadowed by poor seating.Special Features:
- Healthy, delicious, funDodgeBallDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I needed a restaurant at which we could find Whole30 Program-approved food. When searching "Paleo" online, HG Sply Co came up. Their menu looked great, so we thought we'd give it a shot. The food was absolutely delectable! It is amazing how delicious HEALTHY food is! No preservatives, additives, sulfite, etc. Real food prepared beautifully. He service was also great - we told him about our diet and he knew which items we could and couldn't have. They also have tea and a fruity non-alcoholic drink we could have on the diet. Around 6:45 they had a sunset toast! I have never been to a restaurant/bar where they give everyone of age a drink for free and have a community toast. It was fun and created a very friendly atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Loved this place. I definitely would return to try more dishes. had a food coma at the end. Brussel Sprouts, sweetpotato hash and the rest of the dishes were amazing, And nothing describes the kettlebell- what a dessert. make sure to ask for it. Will definitely be back here again.Special Features:
- Great foodHadBetterVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great food choices & good service. It's very loud so hard to talk. They do a sunset toast with everyone in the restaurant when the sun goes down so that is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe LunchYogamaryDined on 8/3/2014Loved the idea of HG SPLY but our evening was not what we had anticipated. We had reservations (requesting not to be seated by the kitchen) and we shared the wall with the "clean up station" where glasses, plates, etc were shattered, thrown, etc.and the view of the door leading into the kitchen. Expect intimate seating as you will be able to enjoy (?) the conversation of the table next to you. My wine was served in a glass with lipstick stains around the rim. On the positive side, the salad (greens and grains) was excellent. I would return for lunch just for that. Ahi was so-so, rib-eye was good.Special Features:
- Always goodGonzaloVIPDined on 8/3/2014Good food, good scene, good atmosphere and great drinks.Special Features:
- Loved every bit of itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I had been looking forward to trying this place for quite sometime and it did not disappoint. Brandt was our waitor and was extremely helpful. The food was everything I wanted and more! The delmonico was very tasty and the cocktails were refreshing flavors (I.e. Peach, cucumber based). The bar on the roof was also something to right home about. Having all those same cocktails but in frozen form. I felt like I was on vacation. Loved every bit of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very good, but not outstandingseniorVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food as always is good, not outstanding. The service is friendly and prompt, but the noise level makes it difficult to hold an across the table conversation.Special Features:
- Date night or ladies nightKeepinupwthejonesDined on 7/20/2014The menu was not to long and had great choices of good quality food that you feel good about eating. It'd be great if you have a friend who is on paleo diet or something similar. It was a little higher priced but the quality and taste of the food makes it easy to pay for. Had the cochinitos nachos and the burger bowl and it was so delicious! Will recommend to others and return again. Only down side was finding parking but is the case pretty much anywhere in the Greenville area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjessigDined on 7/13/2014I have been to HG Supply a few times now and I have never been disappointed. The food is great, the staff is knowledgeable. The only thing I don't like it the tables are so close together and its a bit loud so its not a great spot for date night. But that won't keep me away. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.