HG SPLY CO
2008 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
HG SPLY CO
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hgsplyco.com/
- Phone: 4693340895
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Niekrasz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music on our scenic roof top Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings
A word from HG SPLY CO
Inspired by the "back to basics"mentality of cooking, we envisioned a spot not defined by trend, but by truth. Simple clean food, classic drinks, and humble hospitality!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
HG SPLY CO - Best Restaurants in Greenville Avenue ›
HG SPLY CO reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (127)neighborhood gem (103)hot spot (102)vibrant bar scene (71)great for outdoor dining (65)good for groups (53)scenic view (44)great for lunch (43)special occasion (34)great for brunch (29)late-night find (22)romantic (18)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (6)Show More
- Try the BowlAMC75201VIPDined on 9/11/2014I heard a lot about this place from a friend and made a reservation weeks in advance. It is a farm to table / organic type of place. Which was definitely a draw. The decor and staff are very friendly and attentive, however, the food was a bit disappointing on the favor. I had the steak bowl and it was VERY BLAND. My dining companion had the TexMex bowl and she asked for the salt and pepper to help spice it up. Overall, it was just OK.Special Features:
- Fantastic food & cocktails!ddiazVIPDined on 9/5/2014The service was fantastic, our waiter, Guillermo, made wonderful suggestions for both food and drink. The place was busy the entire time we were there, and the rooftop patio was amazing. We will definitely be returning with a reservation for the patio with a big group of friends next time. Only is that done on open table or do we call HG??? I'll find out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014At 6pm the restaurant was too loud to be able to talk.Special Features:
- Fun Healthy FareOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere, even if a little loud, and healthy offerings. Service was very good and waitstaff knowledgeable about the craft beers on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?EMZSDined on 8/27/2014When we moved to Dallas almost a year ago, this was our favorite spot, and stayed that way for months. It's affordable and elegant food, healthy, etc. We went there again this week and the meat was overcooked and tasteless. Wine tasted like it had been open for a while, and it was as loud as a club.Special Features:
- Delicious and NurtritiousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014We had an early dinner on a Monday evening and got right in. Service was prompt and courteous and the food innovative and delicious! Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014Can't say enough about HG Sply. You must check it out. Food was delicious. Paleo/Clean friendly choices. We shared the chicken taco appetizer and Kale salad. Both were delicious and huge portions ! The bowls were fantastic - can't wait to go back and have a build your own bowl next time around. Eat dinner downstairs but don't miss the chance to go up to the rooftop for a drink in the evening. Views of downtown are beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Palio diet menu!!NygirlintxDined on 8/24/2014We've been here 3x and all 3 were fantastic. The food is fresh, local and yummy. Great drinks and fresh juices perfect for lunch or brunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy then HOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We had a late reservation and the restaurant was still hopping. It was exciting and my entire group of foodies sat down anticipating a good meal. Talking became difficult as the noise level was extreme. The service from our waiter was just so-so as he was hustling to meet the demands of all his table. We ordered and got 3 different appetizers and we were encouraged and excited about our meal selections. Then this happened: the restuarant manager opened the big garage door windows in front. The restaurant immediately became overheated with the 90+ degree weather and humidity and all the people. By the time our entres arrived, we were soaked with sweat. Our feelings about our meals were defintiely affected by this.Special Features:
- First trip to HGACLathamDined on 8/22/2014Great service overall from tarantino. my venison was a bit on the rare side so I asked for a quick refire and it came back perfect. the nachos were amazing and my wife's beet and green apple salad with the addition of a chicken breast was also very tasty. was a bit close quarters seating wise and also a little loud for a 615 reservation but nice to see a local place doing well. cool paleo friendly, locally sourced menu was a big draw for me. good beer selection and great cocktails to boot!! would definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- Delicious food that's healthy, too!rebeckiDined on 8/18/2014I was looking for a restaurant in Dallas that serves clean food options as I've just recently changed my diet. HG came highly recommended from a friend of mine and I was not disappointed! I had a "make your own" bowl and I can't wait to go back again and try some more options. This is a great find in a newly revitalized part of town.Special Features:
- Always solidmjpoloVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been here 4-5 times and always have a good meal. Competent, efficient service and quality food. Our kids love it and always want to go. Can be a bit difficult to get in but worth the trip. It is really nice to see Lower Greenville doing well again.Special Features:
- Perfectly Paleo!go2gonzDined on 8/16/2014Everything we had was delicious! The coffee crusted rib-eye was by far the BEST rib-eye I had ever tasted and cooked to perfection! The cesar kale salad with chickpea croutons was perfect! I will definitely make the drive back to Dallas for this place!Special Features:
- Fun night out!SuzyqDined on 8/15/2014Food was really great. Windy Farms chicken was a standout as was the tuna. Our server, Glen, was exceptional and especially for recommending the chocolate cake dessert. Love the energy of this restaurant but a bit difficult to have conversation as it was very loud. Still, we would go back for the food...and Glen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Good food but disappointing with the squatters on the rooftop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at HGDeloptdDined on 8/13/2014First time to Hg and I will be back. Loved the free toast at sunset . Had the tuna entree done perfect . If you get the chance order the pork appetizer great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benny was kind of a bummerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014My first time and had the Hunter's Benny (version of eggs benedict). I liked the concept however I found the dish was overall under-seasoned (needed salt - and I'm not one of those people that always adds salt to my food (just if the chef failed to)). I also found the soft bread off-putting - it should have been toasted or somehting. Anyway, there were lots of great sounding dishes on the menu and I plan to go back. Atmosphere and service was great!Special Features:
- Uncomfortable seatingQueenieDined on 8/9/2014For a restaurant that features fairly high end dishes, especially on the dinner menu, it amazes me management would think anyone would want to sit at a 6 top on uncomfortable, backless bar stools to enjoy a meal. This is what one expects from a fast food restaurant. We did not mind the bar table so much, but the backless stools ruined the meal. It also annoyed me that the hostess completely ignored our request for a more comfortable table while immediately separating wall/booth tables, which had just been vacated by a larger party, to seat parties of 4 and another of 2. We skipped drinks from the bar entirely because of the uncomfortable seating...we just wanted to eat our meal and leave. Excellent food over-shadowed by poor seating.Special Features:
- Healthy, delicious, funDodgeBallDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I needed a restaurant at which we could find Whole30 Program-approved food. When searching "Paleo" online, HG Sply Co came up. Their menu looked great, so we thought we'd give it a shot. The food was absolutely delectable! It is amazing how delicious HEALTHY food is! No preservatives, additives, sulfite, etc. Real food prepared beautifully. He service was also great - we told him about our diet and he knew which items we could and couldn't have. They also have tea and a fruity non-alcoholic drink we could have on the diet. Around 6:45 they had a sunset toast! I have never been to a restaurant/bar where they give everyone of age a drink for free and have a community toast. It was fun and created a very friendly atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Loved this place. I definitely would return to try more dishes. had a food coma at the end. Brussel Sprouts, sweetpotato hash and the rest of the dishes were amazing, And nothing describes the kettlebell- what a dessert. make sure to ask for it. Will definitely be back here again.Special Features:
- Great foodHadBetterVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great food choices & good service. It's very loud so hard to talk. They do a sunset toast with everyone in the restaurant when the sun goes down so that is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe LunchYogamaryDined on 8/3/2014Loved the idea of HG SPLY but our evening was not what we had anticipated. We had reservations (requesting not to be seated by the kitchen) and we shared the wall with the "clean up station" where glasses, plates, etc were shattered, thrown, etc.and the view of the door leading into the kitchen. Expect intimate seating as you will be able to enjoy (?) the conversation of the table next to you. My wine was served in a glass with lipstick stains around the rim. On the positive side, the salad (greens and grains) was excellent. I would return for lunch just for that. Ahi was so-so, rib-eye was good.Special Features:
- Always goodGonzaloVIPDined on 8/3/2014Good food, good scene, good atmosphere and great drinks.Special Features:
- Loved every bit of itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I had been looking forward to trying this place for quite sometime and it did not disappoint. Brandt was our waitor and was extremely helpful. The food was everything I wanted and more! The delmonico was very tasty and the cocktails were refreshing flavors (I.e. Peach, cucumber based). The bar on the roof was also something to right home about. Having all those same cocktails but in frozen form. I felt like I was on vacation. Loved every bit of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very good, but not outstandingseniorVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food as always is good, not outstanding. The service is friendly and prompt, but the noise level makes it difficult to hold an across the table conversation.Special Features:
- Date night or ladies nightKeepinupwthejonesDined on 7/20/2014The menu was not to long and had great choices of good quality food that you feel good about eating. It'd be great if you have a friend who is on paleo diet or something similar. It was a little higher priced but the quality and taste of the food makes it easy to pay for. Had the cochinitos nachos and the burger bowl and it was so delicious! Will recommend to others and return again. Only down side was finding parking but is the case pretty much anywhere in the Greenville area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjessigDined on 7/13/2014I have been to HG Supply a few times now and I have never been disappointed. The food is great, the staff is knowledgeable. The only thing I don't like it the tables are so close together and its a bit loud so its not a great spot for date night. But that won't keep me away. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrendyrpucketDined on 7/13/2014Our server, Julia, was amazing. She was attentive, friendly and very efficient. She was very concerned (without me saying a thing) that the bartender failed to give me a lime twist (which is a pet peeve of mine) so attention to detail was excellent. The food was average. Perhaps service in bowls is not my thing. We had a hard time getting a reservation, which made me want to try it, but I have to conclude it is not the food that makes it special and since we're not in the younger crowd and consider ourselves "foodies", we will most likely not go back. We eat in nice restaurants almost every night and have a very good idea of what we consider above average food. Though they pride themselves on locally grown fare, little of it was healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all around badMrJAHDined on 7/13/2014Been there twice now and still not impressed. The second time the waiter, out right didn't know their menu and told my vegetarian wife her food was meat free. Forgetting that pulled is indeed meat.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/13/2014A friend and I were traveling to Dallas from Chicago. We stayed near DFW and quickly realized we needed to get into the city to find Chicago-quality food. And. We. Did. HG SPLY CO is innovative and amazing. They use local ingredients with a Tex-Mex twist. Everything was super fresh and awesomely balanced. Friendly, polished service. Excellent cocktails, trendy interior. We got brunch--a BLT with an egg on it and the Tex-Mex bowl. Both were delicious!Special Features:
- New favlove2brunchDined on 7/12/2014One of my new favorite restaurants! The lunch shanks are awesome!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and paleoJoyceDined on 7/11/2014Waitress was great and gave us a bit of background of the restaurant. Good was great. Most, if not all, of the meat is locally produced within Texas or Oklahoma. The food had lots of flavor and was pretty filling. And not all that expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeliDined on 7/8/2014Everything is worth trying. I got the brick chicken and I ate every last bit and it was perfectly portioned. A little loud but that's just because of the brick walls and slightly close space. The space is closed in but with plenty of room. YUM. It was packed on a Tuesday evening. So that's telling you it's worth trying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best servicecassianovaDined on 7/6/2014By far the friendliest and most attentive staff. Food is high quality and prepared fast. It always surprises me how quickly I get my food even on a Friday night on the roof. Rarely do I go anywhere else to meet friends or business associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014solid food, edgy farmer industrial decor, a local favorite for sure.Special Features:
- Always a solid choicermoedeVIPDined on 7/1/2014HG SPLY CO never ceases to amaze - great good, stellar drink list and amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot and humidHashtagFoodDined on 6/28/2014Received a table at the very back of the restaurant and sweated all night. There were three other tables closer to the front but we didn't get seated there. Food was great just wish we'd gotten a better table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paleo Comfort FoodSteveDined on 6/28/2014While not my first time to HG SPLY, it is always great to come back. They demonstrate that if you are on a Paleo type diet, that food can still be very flavorful. I had the Buffalo Ribs and while ample and resembling a dish Fred Flintstone would be proud of, the meat was a bit tough (cut, not prep) and not as meaty as I would have otherwise preferred. However, the rest of the selection at the table was expertly prepared and tasted wonderful. Highly recommend the sweet potato hash. I ended with a Paleo cookie with dairy-free ice cream and it was excellent. If you are not on a Paleo diet, please still go, because you will be impressed with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!CulinaryJunkieDined on 6/26/2014The food here is perfect for paleo nuts such as myself! The portions are huge and and the ingredients are fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Health kick dreamJamOnItDined on 6/25/2014HG sply has a great vibe and even better good. The locally grown veggies and home grown meats collide together for a flavor sensation! I would recommend this local spot to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.