2700 Lyndale Ave. S
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.heydayeats.com/
- Phone: (612) 200-9369
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 5:00 PM
Open for Brunch 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Saturdays and Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jim Christiansen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dinning room available. Seats up to twelve people.
- Private Party Contact: Keri Jacobson 6122009369x
A word from Heyday
Heyday is a casual restaurant with inspired cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Heyday - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Heyday reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (212)neighborhood gem (138)special occasion (75)hot spot (72)notable wine list (49)good for groups (40)romantic (38)vibrant bar scene (33)great for brunch (33)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great place for a dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2014This was a great restaurant with an ambitious menu, that might be a little adventurous for some (as it was for one of our guests), but perfect for us. The goose liver tart was a star, and the duck was cooked perfectly. Those two small plates did not leave room for dessert. Although the waitress was able to knowledgeably describe the food, she was slow to offer those explanations; and it led to a bit of confusion about what was being ordered. The "lamb" for example was actually lamb tongue, sou vided, and it was delicious, but the waitress seemed to be uncomfortable telling us it was tongue, and seemed ambivilent about the dish itself. This was a perfect place to go with friends that you really want to talk to; the noise level allowed conversation, and the menu encourages sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyFriendsmeetupDined on 11/23/2014Delicious food. Great decor and atmosphere. But expensive, so it's probably more of an occasional treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wish4betterwish4betterDined on 11/23/2014Very good brunch although limited selection & very small portions for the price. As noisy as most restaurants these days where you have to yell at each other in order to have a conversation. Service was excellent! The carmel roll was about the best I've ever had & they served it as a birthday gift which, places like Third Bird, don't even consider doing for customers. It was a great touch! Also, while not on the drink menu, the bartender made us an outstanding micalada!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New uptown favoriteMandJDined on 11/22/2014This is a great spot. Nice room, noise level wasn't bad at the early hour we dined. Food is creative and well prepared. Probably not for the steak and potatoes crowd, but if you like different choices, well prepared, you will like this. Our server was very professional and attentive, and there exactly when needed. Our son is a chef, and we want to bring him here. He'll be impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little too exotic for our tastes.SueJSDined on 11/20/2014We have been to this restaurant twice. On both occasions we thought that there are too many more exotic items with not enough more conventional choices. I won't eat rabbit or lamb tongue. They may be OK, but not for me and the menu provides a limited set of other choices. Our service was very slow the second time and we had a concert that evening. So this is not a good choice if you can't linger over your food. They grill their meats very rare and I would prefer a little more done. That being said, their salad items are wonderful. However we probably won't return.Special Features:
- Great Inventive Food!MinneapolisMaryDined on 11/19/2014Great food! Enjoyed the celery root, rabbit (cute touch with carrots), and steak. Our server was very helpful with the wine and menu. The coffee could have been stronger and they should have had half and half and not milk. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Food ExperiencekwrightDined on 11/17/2014Great place to go if you are looking for a good experience with unique dishes and carefully crafted flavors. The staff is very helpful in ciphering through the menu. Highlights included the celery root, apples and Chamabert salad as well as the potatoes with brown sugar crumble. To top it off the cocktails were great additions at only $9 a pop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014We went for Sunday Brunch. The portions were very small but the food was incredible. Fortunately the entree' prices allowed us to order an extra entree' to try for the table. I highly recommend ordering an extra to expand the tastings....yummm. If you love Bloody Mary's, theirs is made with gin. The tomato mix was thin and bland and the spices could not bring it back to life. Order the fresh mimosa instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That. Dessert.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Everything was outstanding, but the 'Fifty Shades of Hay' was amazing. AMAZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodnwineDined on 11/13/2014I thought the food was very tasty. The portions are small. Our party had the beef tartare and the chicken liver tart as starters, they were both very good. I had the malt-grilled pork ribeye and it was superb. The portion could have been larger. One of my friends had the rabbit royale. He said the flavors were great but the portion was really small. You didn't get much rabbit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date SpotDragonSteelDined on 11/10/2014The restaurant is beautifully decorated with natural wood, high vaulted ceilings, and the perfect amount of color to make the space feel open yet cozy at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Night comes Smashing HaltshellygirlVIPDined on 11/10/2014Our family had been very eager to experience Heyday. Everything was perfect, being greeted by the attentive bar staff & hostess. Loved our table with great views of the kitchen & staff..ready to create magic for us all. OUr server was very knowledgable regarding the menu. The kitchen staff spoiled us with various dishes, " complements of the kitchen". Interiors were very refreshing (loved the chandeliers). All in all ..perfect birthday celebration..until we got to the onsite parking lot. Window smashed…items stolen from our daughters boyfriends car. Staff was helpful with us contacting the police..just be cautious when you park in the lot..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad service!EgraceDined on 11/9/2014We ate here for brunch and loved the food! There is a disparity in portions from dish to dish, and the service was bad. We sat at our table for 2.5 hours with few coffee refils.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014The food was great, but it's not the best food that I have had at this price point in the Minneapolis. We had the Beef Tartare for our first course, which was excellent. For our main course we had the trout, the pork ribeye and split the vegetables. The pork was served rare and was delectable, I really enjoyed it. The trout was the star of the meal, it had a very nice smokey flavor and was served with roe. The vegetables were served in a delicious herb-butter sauce, but were a little under cooked for our preference. We felt that the service left something to be desired and the drinks were a little over priced, but overall we had a great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeydayTattooedSuburbanDadDined on 11/7/2014Food was delicious, portions a little spare, but I am a hard-working, hard-eating omnivore used to cleaning up my wife's plate and being a little underfilled. Steak tartare was delicious and satisfying. root vegetable appetizer had a savory sauce that was going underappreciated until asked for bread to sop it up with. I would have licked that plate, but the bread got everything. The chicken liver tart was creamy and crisp, and the pork ribeye was fattydelicious. The server was polite, friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Interesting Food - Poor ServiceeasyEaterDined on 11/7/2014Beautifully presented, mostly delicious food presented by an uninterested and detached staff. Food this good should be backed up by quality service that is prompt and attentive. Our experience was far from what I would expect of a restaurant of Heyday's supposed caliber.Special Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2014Great food and service at Heyday!! We stayed for a long time drinking our wine and eating our delicous food. The roasted vegetables and steak were fresh and full of flavor!! Wine list was a little spendy but the wine was very good!Special Features:
- Amazing CreationsTundradudeDined on 11/5/2014This was the highlight of our 2014 dining experiences. The food was so creative and such good flavor combinations. We had four people and we all tried different items on menu and all of it was just exquisite. The presentation was amazing and different plates for different foods and the décor was really nice and warm inside. The kitchen is open which is nice so you know they are working hard to provide best food in fastest amount of time. We ordered goat (amazing), lamb (the highlight), blue mussels really good and very different, grilled veggies, chicken liver tart (amazing). It was all really good and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Perfection.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Service from Emalie was spot on, punctual and gracious. The malt grilled pork rib-eye was one of the most amazing cuts of meat I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved itloves2eatVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great find! Eclectic decor of rough hewn wood beams and crystal chandeliers will work for soecsul occasion too. The service and food were Devine. Inspired chef combinations of flavors and textures. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to Uptiwn dining...karenDined on 10/30/2014Ambitious, but low key. Sauces are great. You can eat big or small here and the fuss is minimal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get Ready For FunmazzmanDined on 10/30/2014One of the funniest dining experiences in the city. Food was delicious and unique. Service top notch. Ambiance a party. A must to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, pricey wineChrisKDined on 10/27/2014Our first time. We had awesome service and great food, but we were disappointed in the wine list. We found it pricey with the wine we ordered not to our liking (both chardonnays and pinot noirs).Special Features:
- Yummy!KLDNDined on 10/26/2014Loved everything we tried. Especially notable --- the chilled blue mussels!Special Features:
- Too many Santas, not enough elvesalwayslookingDined on 10/25/2014Heard great things, took a shot. Wife and I went for dinner Saturday 10/25. cool space and you can see right into the kitchen-which I like. overall, a relatively small space to have so many people working the floor. Also; server, hostess, manager, runners--everyone's in street clothes so its hard to tell who's who. Everyone was very helpful and friendly though. I think it led to our first course not appearing and then one of our main showing up without the other. I think everyone that worked in the place, outside of the chefs came by and said hello, brought food or wine, or apologized. The food was good, trout and steak, salad were prepared well and both mains arrived hot to the table. The beef tartare was superb--I just wanted it before the trout came out. menu is kind of limited, check it before you go.Special Features:
- Adventurous and sophisticatedMinneapolisDinerVIPDined on 10/25/2014Unique blending of flavors, tastes, and textures. Recommend getting many small plates and sharing. Excellent and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fineTuertoDined on 10/24/2014Just fine. Food was good but small quantity. We ordered red wine but it was rosé and it was warm. Desserts were pretentious and frankly dissapointing. It was too cold inside. It will take a while for me to visit Heyday again
- 2nd visit to heydayTleviVIPDined on 10/24/2014We loved the ambiance and the pork ribeye so much the first time we had to go back. This time was still a nice experience and the trout was out of this world. I thought the cheese course was a little odd though, the cheese was literally grated over what seemed like honey-soaked Wonder bread. Hard to enjoy the cheese when it is frayed like that and white bread is just so doughy. Strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative foodBarbDined on 10/24/2014Beautiful, artistic presentation of creative food. I enjoy watching the cooks in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Very Hip RestaurantLesDDined on 10/23/2014You feel like your in Chicago or Brooklyn. Food is very good. Creative, good portions, seasoned nicely.. The do vegetable very well. Roasted, burnt, raw, seasoned with sauces. The rabbit royals did seem too rich, and a little haute cuisine. Fabulous unusual desserts. Especially like the Almond cake. Wines are great. Issac at the bar knows his stuff.Special Features:
- Loved it!mplstravelersVIPDined on 10/22/2014Took my best friend for her bday dinner, and we absolutely loved it! Service was impeccable by Lex, the chef is creative and every dish was a delctabble treat, and the ambience was perfect for a nice weeknight evening out in the neighborhood. I highly suggest it for something different!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Share and like it612WhereAreYouVIPDined on 10/21/2014If you can get a group of people, share and enjoy. Lots of dishes are worth splitting and sharing, and while the menu is now broken out into 'course, ' which makes life much easier, it is just best to order a bunch, sit back, be happy, and eat it all. No bad dishes during my last visit... Each dish had tons of flavor and was portioned perfectly for 2 to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite new restaurantZiggystarrDined on 10/16/2014Out of all the new restaurants popping up this is one I'll definitely frequent and recommend to others. The food and service has been consistently great. When I'm in the mood for hip and trendy this is definitely where I'll go! My least favorite part are the desserts. If you like complicated they might be your thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's a misfit herekateDined on 10/16/2014The chef and kitchen crew are turning out intriguing dishes that require time and thoughtful reflection, yet the owners seem to want a noisy, hoppin' bar scene with service so fast that diners cannot enjoy and talk about what they are experiencing. What a shame. It was so noisy that we all had sore throats when we got home, from shouting at each other across the table. Not a fun evening, in spite of the kitchen's creativity.Special Features:
- Great food for sharing and tasting!dogmomDined on 10/15/2014Small plates for sharing and tasting, so much fun! Unique flavor combinations I wouldn't have thought of. The three of us really enjoyed it! Server was wonderful and full of suggestions. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014I thought it was expensive for what I ate. I especially did not care for the desserts. Others in my party may feel differently.Special Features:
- Goat BellyanneDined on 10/11/2014Better than bacon, oh my word!!!I will remember this meal for a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitKookieDined on 10/10/2014Our server forgot two of the entres we ordered and only came to our table again to enquire about our desert choice " how embarresing" he said , we ordered a desert !
- Really interesting, delicious foodVenturingOutDined on 10/5/2014Drawn by the reviews of the cuisine, we were not disappointed. Warm, inviting space. Food lived up to expectations. Only gripe was that our server was either tired (it was a Sunday night) or just downright surly (we seemingly violated her code by asking too many questions about the dishes). Other than our collective irritation about her attitude (how about: Great! Welcome! Let me answer your questions, and what can I do for you?), excellent dining and would go back.Special Features:
- Fun and yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014Tasty food. The mackerel with avocado sticks out and the unique banana,parsley dessert was fabulous!Special Features: