2700 Lyndale Ave. S
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.heydayeats.com/
- Phone: 6122009369x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 5:00 PM
Open for Brunch 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Saturdays and Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jim Christiansen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dinning room available. Seats up to twelve people.
- Private Party Contact: Keri Jacobson 6122009369x
A word from Heyday
Heyday is a casual restaurant with inspired cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Heyday - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Heyday reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (190)neighborhood gem (129)special occasion (74)hot spot (62)notable wine list (52)romantic (37)good for groups (34)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (26)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Loved it!mplstravelersVIPDined on 10/22/2014Took my best friend for her bday dinner, and we absolutely loved it! Service was impeccable by Lex, the chef is creative and every dish was a delctabble treat, and the ambience was perfect for a nice weeknight evening out in the neighborhood. I highly suggest it for something different!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Share and like it612WhereAreYouVIPDined on 10/21/2014If you can get a group of people, share and enjoy. Lots of dishes are worth splitting and sharing, and while the menu is now broken out into 'course, ' which makes life much easier, it is just best to order a bunch, sit back, be happy, and eat it all. No bad dishes during my last visit... Each dish had tons of flavor and was portioned perfectly for 2 to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite new restaurantZiggystarrDined on 10/16/2014Out of all the new restaurants popping up this is one I'll definitely frequent and recommend to others. The food and service has been consistently great. When I'm in the mood for hip and trendy this is definitely where I'll go! My least favorite part are the desserts. If you like complicated they might be your thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's a misfit herekateDined on 10/16/2014The chef and kitchen crew are turning out intriguing dishes that require time and thoughtful reflection, yet the owners seem to want a noisy, hoppin' bar scene with service so fast that diners cannot enjoy and talk about what they are experiencing. What a shame. It was so noisy that we all had sore throats when we got home, from shouting at each other across the table. Not a fun evening, in spite of the kitchen's creativity.Special Features:
- Great food for sharing and tasting!dogmomDined on 10/15/2014Small plates for sharing and tasting, so much fun! Unique flavor combinations I wouldn't have thought of. The three of us really enjoyed it! Server was wonderful and full of suggestions. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014I thought it was expensive for what I ate. I especially did not care for the desserts. Others in my party may feel differently.Special Features:
- Goat BellyanneDined on 10/11/2014Better than bacon, oh my word!!!I will remember this meal for a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitKookieDined on 10/10/2014Our server forgot two of the entres we ordered and only came to our table again to enquire about our desert choice " how embarresing" he said , we ordered a desert !
- Really interesting, delicious foodVenturingOutDined on 10/5/2014Drawn by the reviews of the cuisine, we were not disappointed. Warm, inviting space. Food lived up to expectations. Only gripe was that our server was either tired (it was a Sunday night) or just downright surly (we seemingly violated her code by asking too many questions about the dishes). Other than our collective irritation about her attitude (how about: Great! Welcome! Let me answer your questions, and what can I do for you?), excellent dining and would go back.Special Features:
- Fun and yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014Tasty food. The mackerel with avocado sticks out and the unique banana,parsley dessert was fabulous!Special Features:
- Solid food; service unevenKelliDined on 10/5/2014Was there for Sunday brunch. Food amongst the group was tasty but some of the hot food arrived at the table cold. The food came quickly but getting refills of water and coffee were a challenge even though the place was not full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork,pork,porkDozoDined on 10/4/2014If you are not a pork eater, there are few choices on the menu. However, I like the medium plate aspect. My husband stopped for sliders on the way home.
- Great ambiance and decorOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2014Great ambiance and decor. I don't call myself a "foodie", but am close. Food was a little too "foodie" for me. I will try anything and love to try out new menus, but it was hard to find something on the menu that I was eager to try. It was especially hard in our larger group that included picky eaters. The melon/squash salad was awesome, rabit was unique. Desserts were trying to be a little too unique and left something to be desired. Fun to try once, not sure I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Went with a party of six, which was great since we ordered many of the dishes and passed them. Beautifully prepared and excellent taste in dish after dish. Highlights included clams (we wanted a box to bring the broth home!), mackerel, chicken liver tart, seasonal salad with radish and deserts (all :) ).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Minneapolis Restaurant!MplsFoodieDined on 9/27/2014This place is an underrated gem. I think this may be the best restaurant right now in Minneapolis. Excellent food, drinks, service, decor -- overall a great experience. The fact we were able to get an 8:00 reservation on a Saturday night with only two day advance notice is crazy. There should be lines out the door. I love the semi-small plates that allow you to share and try a few things. The clams and pork in a sherry broth are a must.Special Features:
- Intriguing flavor combinationsFoodiesx2Dined on 9/27/2014Our party of four dined at Heyday on a Saturday night. It was bustling, and the slightly smokey air perfumed with the scent of rosemary. The menu consists of small plates ranging from very light tastes to medium. There are no entrees. Every dish was delicious, especially the Chicken Liver Tart and the Cod. We told our server we were going to the theater, so he should have been watching the pacing, but we lost him for a good 20 minutes. By then it was too late to order coffee, dessert or a cheese plate. Some of us were not full, so this was quite disappointing.Special Features:
- Great BrunchSes535VIPDined on 9/27/2014We went for brunch - 3 adults, one baby and the staff was very accomodating. Enjoyed their gin version of the bloody mary.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch hotspottsmn13Dined on 9/27/2014Uptown's newest Lyndale Ave gem is now serving brunch on the weekends, and it was worth the wait! Arrived shortly after 11am last Sunday. Had no trouble finding parking behind the restaurant, and we were seated immediately. Our waitstaff was outstanding and the kitchen was very fast. Our food arrived less than 20 min after we had ordered. The biscuits and gravy were delicious, as was the pecan-encrusted thick-cut bacon and grits. I did think the bloody mary was exceptionally spicy (lots of garlic!) for my taste, but YMMV. I will most certainly be back, and have no problem recommending this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/25/2014Outstanding meal. Well above our expectations. Everything was excellent, especially the goat and squab. Smaller portion sizes allowed us to try more things, which is always our preference.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth ItOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014They setting inside is very neat and modern along with great service. However, the price of the food does not compare to what quality of it. The portions are rather small, which was explained. Despite the small portions, paying $10-$16 for cold, flavorless food was extremely disappointing. Everything seemed to be served cold without any sort of flavor on the food that made the impression of "oh my god this is so good?". We originally went because the paper gave it a great review. However, I would never eat here again and would recommend other restaurants before eating here.Special Features:
- DisappointedIsabel1Dined on 9/23/2014Service on our last visit was superb, this time could not get a glass of water. Plates were explained and with spaced delivery, this time, everything was served at the same time, no explanation. Imagine 5 plates on the table!!!
- Fit for foodies... but only foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/22/2014The food quality was good and I love the decor - but unless you are very willing to experiment with new things - not much on the menu. I went with a group and a couple of people like things a bit more traditional and weren't willing to try goat or lamb tongue. There was a good fish entree - which was well done. There aren't small plates any longer which I believe they had when they first opened - maybe it would be better if they mixed up some of their more unique dishes along with some small plates of more traditional (but exceptional) menu items. There also isn't much that you would want to order at the bar to have with a nice glass of wine. Not sure we will be back - despite the quality of the food.Special Features:
- A Nice StartFoodieGurlVIPDined on 9/20/2014Although not as polished as La Belle Vie or as atmospheric as Sea Change, the offerings at Heyday were adventurous and interesting. I wouldn't say all of the attempts were successful, but overall the food was good. We went with a group of six. Everyone was satisfied with the entire meal except for myself and another friend, we both ordered the malt-grilled rib eye and neither of us liked it. I also thought the elder flower mousse was too much on the peaches and cream, which was otherwise very good. All other items were great. The one other complaint is that entree choices are too adventurous. How about a little less adventure and just focus on preparation. Good choice, though when you want a well-prepared, affordable and upscale meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014The kitchen was very very slow. Dinner was at least an hour and 45.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal!lithelisaDined on 9/19/2014My friends and I tried a number of plates and were extremely happy with all of them (the goat special of the day, goat belly, was the lone exception. It was OK but not up to the standard of the other things we tried). Our waiter and other staff were charming, knowledgeable and attentive. The only minor negatives were less than comfortable chairs and poor lighting just by our table (we mentioned the lighting and the staff person said they were aware and were working on finding just the right fixture).Special Features:
- PerfectSusanVIPDined on 9/18/2014Every dish is notable. Service is great. Kitchen very accommodating regarding did allergies/sensitivities. Nice decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Whole PackageSingingtomVIPDined on 9/16/2014This was my second visit. The small course approach is a wonderful one that allows you to taste a number of the chef's amazing creations. The cocktail list is inventive and fun. The wine list is excellent. The mixture of flavors and textures in the chicken liver tart, with its pickled and roasted vegetables is mind-boggling. The lamb tartare is exquisite. How many restaurants have a "goat of the day" option??? It was superb. There was no letdown for the desserts. The service has been outstanding both visits, with excellent suggestions for courses as well as wine pairings. It is attentive, yet not intrusive and remarkably well informed and helpful. I highly recommend, if you love adventurous and delicious food, that you try Heyday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDineOutAlwaysVIPDined on 9/14/2014Excellent food. Creative dishes that were so wonderful!Special Features:
- Skip itMPLSdinerDined on 9/13/2014Friendly, but very slow service. Food was mediocre at best.
- Delightful Discovery.MyDineDined on 9/13/2014Delighted by the dinner, drinks, and decor. I will be back to try the brunch menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything great except....PlymouthRocksVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a very pleasant time at Heyday. The small plates were very tasty..enjoyed five, and the service was attentive. The only drawback,and for us an issue, was that the seating is very uncomfortable. I know it works as part of the overall aesthetics but the old (old) schoold wood chairs were very uncomfortable which impacted our dining experience. Style over comfort is not good for a 1 1/2 hour sitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best new spot in Uptown!UptownAdvocateDined on 9/12/2014Everything about this place is amazing! The food was phenomenal, the service was top notch, the ambiance was soft and very inviting. I can't wait to return and try more of the great cuisine!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful new restaurantKcchrisDined on 9/12/2014Hey Day is a warm, unpretentious, and inviting restaurant. The food is FANTASTIC- Fresh, seasonal, farm to table. The menu embraces and celebrates the season, from appetizer to dessert. My entree of roasted black cod was beautifully seasoned on a bed of fresh sweet corn, elderberry capers and mushrooms. My daughters grilled quail was flavorful and moist. The service was friendly, attentive and knowledgable. It was a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.ElmoDined on 9/12/2014This was my second time eating at Heyday so I had a chance to sample new items. Everything was great - wonderful tastes and pretty presentations. Really liked the Bison.Special Features:
- Wanted MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014I have a food allergy and asked if I could substitute the side dish for something else. I was told no, not because they don't allow substitutions, which I understand, but because it would take away the integrity of the dish. A dish, we ordered as entree, for was switched half way through the rush, as they ran out, and the kitchen did not communicate that to our server. Who was a surprised as we were when it was dropped off at our table. The GM was fabulous and spoke to us right away. The space is beautiful, I feel like I was there on a very off night.
- All around great experience!DS10Dined on 9/9/2014Very good food, gorgeous building and decor, great service. Very much enjoyed our meal. Would recommend to anyone looking for a high quality meal. Only downside was that our table was the only one without a light fixture above it and we had a hard time seeing our food.Special Features:
- Farmhouse chicTastyseekerVIPDined on 9/9/2014This was my second visit to Heyday and now I have had many items on the summer menu. All very well executed. Great place for sharing. Excellent wine list. Service from Ryan was top notch-he was knowledgable and coursed out our dinner well. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was the lack of happy hour during the week. Our group arrived early and would have liked a happy hour pre dinner cocktail.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food isn't very accessiblefanclanDined on 9/9/2014I love the Heyday space and enjoyed having a glass of wine and an appetizer there a few months back. This time, I went with a fellow food lover for dinner and it wasn't what we'd hoped. The food is just over-dressed - too many ingredients and trying too hard. It was hard to order based on the menu description and the food didn't wow us, after all that pretense. I live in the neighborhood so I hope Heyday can settle down and try to relate to those of us with discerning and appreciate tastes but who are looking for real food. It's missing the mark.Special Features:
- Memorable mealotterloopDined on 9/7/2014Heydey's menu offers delicious, innovatively prepared food at reasonable prices. We enjoyed four courses of amazing for under $100.00. The melon and squash salad was sublime, paired with crunchy pistachios for a delightfully salty kick. The clams were teamed with pulled pork in a tasty broth, with hearty brown bread for mopping up. The quail was the only downside. It is a tiny bird, and although it arrived perfectly roasted, I had to fight to get any meat off the small bones. I love the small plates idea for a restaurant because it allowed us to share and taste many of the menu items, and each was artfully presented with an eye to maximizing appeal, both visually and flavorfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014This is an amazing place! Great look and feel, great service, great food, great experience! If you want a relaxed and romantic night out. This is it. Order the squash and melon salad to start, and the peaches and cream to end. Whatever you choose to do in the middle will be amazing also, but those are necessities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.