1843 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hershspizza.com/
- Phone: (443) 438-4948
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
On Fridays and Saturdays, reservations are accepted for our upstairs dining room. Bar area is walk-in only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: In our second-story dining room, with it's beautiful murals on exposed brick, we have the flexibility to host up to 65 guests for anything from holiday parties to business events to rehearsal dinners. The downstairs bar, with its vintage vibe and great music, accommodates up to 45 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Hershkovitz 4434384948x
A word from Hersh's
Hersh's celebrates the foods of Italy and the craft of the American bartender. Our menu of fresh, ingredient-driven dishes includes rustic Italian small plates and award-winning housemade pasta, as well as Neapolitan pizza featuring housemade mozzarella and sausage. Our booze program focuses on vintage cocktails, craft brews and spirits and a tightly-edited wine list offering varietals you won't see every day. Come hungry, come thirsty and come often!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Hersh's - Best Restaurants in Federal Hill ›
Hersh's reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (46)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (18)romantic (15)special occasion (14)great for brunch (12)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (3)Show More
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014Food is very good and innovative. We ate at the bar and had several appetizers , the pizza and an entrée. All were very good . Service was fast even at the bar. It appears to be small place so reservations are recomended . The drinks were good and we thought that the prices were fair in view of the quality. The only small complaint is parking is difficult although they are having valet soon. Without it, parking is not for the faint of heart or weak of flesh. Young crowd and low keySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Hersh's is our neighborhood go-to. I love their wood fired pizza and unique cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pumpkinJulesDined on 11/15/2014Get the roasted pumpkin. May have been the best thing I have eaten...ever. Also the fume & fuco pizza was delicious as always. The waitress was very friendly and helpful when we had questions. It was a bit cold and a little too dark so I rated the ambiance 4/5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmdDined on 11/6/2014Food and servers/bartender great! Only complaint manager/host did not greet us when we walked in or acknowledge us when we left we said thank you on way out and he said nothingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThatldoDined on 11/1/2014good neighborhood restaurant with ok food and service.Special Features:
- Kale pizza, who knew!!JaymDined on 11/1/20146 of us went to Hersh's for the first time to celebrate a birthday. We were seated upstairs where there is not much atmosphere but we could carry on a conversation. We were happy sitting upstairs and being able to hear each other. We shared several pizzas. My favorite was the kale pistachio pizza. All pizzas were wonderfully light with a thin crust. We also tried the maple pumpkin appetizer. This is the perfect blend of sweet with a kick of jalapeno. Truly and unexpectedly delicious. Their fries were also fabulous. It was not that crowded on a Saturday night but parking is challenging in the area. I loved the food and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We haven't been here in a while and the fall menu items were amazing!! This resturant has something for everyone! Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014Great additions to menu from incredibly talented chef! Allie steered us to tasty choices & provided excellent service. Sorry to learn that bartender, Abby, left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Been a faithful weekly hersh goer for 3 years now. Food is unlike anywhere in Baltimore. Great date spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love HershsBmorehungryDined on 10/11/2014Time and time again my favorite spot! Consistently awesome food and service always looking forward to trying the newest seasonal menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinneroutVIPDined on 10/6/2014We arrived a half hour before happy hour ended, so our server made sure we got in on the specials, and they were special indeed! Great drinks for a great price... two beers for $5 for my husband and a specialty cocktail for $5 for me. We had the arancinni and the grilled shrimp to start and they were both great. The pizzas were even better and I appreciate the ability to change a suggested pizza up a little bit without being told "NO CHANGES" like at another pizza spot in town. Service all around was fantastic, from fresh silverware for each course to a fresh napkin when I dropped mine at the end of the meal... I was impressed to see touches like that at a casual spot. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Just okay pizzafoodieDined on 10/6/2014First time there after being suggested by a friend. We were looking for great pizza but were disappointed. It was just okay but not great. The happy hour beer was good though.
- So-soMichaelVIPDined on 10/5/2014A friend highly recommended Hersh's to me so I thought i would give it a try. We visited on a Sunday evening in October. My friend and I were given a seat right next to the front door so every time the door opened we got a blast of cold air. The appetizer (wood fired calamari and shrimp) was excellent. My friend and I ordered a pizza to share. The outside crust was overdone and the middle wasn't cooked through. And, the pizza at Hersh's isn't cut. I've never heard of such a thing! So here we are sawing and hacking at this pizza with our table knives -- weird! My friend also ordered a half size pasta dish which he said was very good. So, in conclusion my first experience of HErsh's was so-so.Special Features:
- nice but noisysilo2Dined on 10/3/2014we were seated by the door, not the best spot. the waitress, Michelle, was great. the pizza choices needed translation but were very good. I would recommend this place but not if you want a quiet night out.Special Features:
- One of the best in the areaFedhillliv2eatVIPDined on 9/26/2014Always a reliable neighborhood restaurant for a twist on italian cuisineSpecial Features:
- TastySpeakeasyVIPDined on 9/22/2014I dined here with my boyfriend and we both were very pleased with the food, atmosphere, and service! The place is beautiful and the food is delicious. We had the tomato salad to start and the focaccia croutons were a nice addition. The pizza is always done right here. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/15/2014I've been to Hersh's twice now, and been extremely pleased both times. Their pizza is outstanding, but their seasonal apps and salads shouldn't be missed either. Definitely tends to be crowded, make a res.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pizza at its bestbaltimoreraeVIPDined on 9/14/2014Some of the best pizza in town (and I spent years of my life in new Haven where pizza is a fine art). I am less impressed with the rest of the menu but why bother to fight a good thing -- eat pizza in all of its glory and enjoy enjoy enjoy.......Special Features:
- Always stellar!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2014Food choices/preparation/taste consistently excellent! Abbie always serves a new creative craft cocktail that expands my palette.Special Features:
- Constantly improvingFedhillliv2eatVIPDined on 9/12/2014It is one of two wonderful restaurants for adults in the Federal Hill area. Food and drinks are superbSpecial Features:
- my favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Amazing pizza. Amazing service. Amazing Everything. I love trying new menu items each time I come. The menu is ALWAYS changing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeBethDined on 9/8/2014Lots just well made delicious food. Only iffy thing is the wine list. It's a small selection which is fine, and good choices (no bad wine in the bunch) but they charge too much a glass for what you are getting. For the price they should offer more unique or finer, or they should lower the price. But the food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowPJD7Dined on 8/25/2014I had heard good things about Hersh's from friends and was not disappointed. Great tasting, innovative appetizers, pizzas and entrees. Wait staff was attentive and friendly. Great vibe. Only complaint is that parking can be a challenge.Special Features:
- chrisVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our server was fabulous. First time sitting outside here and really enjoyed it until the sun came out. Food excellant as always!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingYesILoveFoodDined on 8/23/2014Awesome food, so fresh and delicious...great cocktails and outstanding service...the only issue .. Parking..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsSophia621VIPDined on 8/21/2014Whether I'm having a full-on dinner (always with at least one pasta and one pizza involved!), or just a quick bite of the small plated and a glass of wine, Hersh's is always great. They keep the small plates menu fresh and seasonal, and the meatballs are some of the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Night OutFlicksVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have been to Hersh's a fews times and always have had great experiences. Sunday night was no exception. We took friends who had never been there and had a wonderful evening. The server recommended wine & entrees, all of which were excellent. We will definitely be returning to Hersh's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014There is no way I would recommend your restaurant as the parking is deplorable, the menu is not what is listed on the website. There are many more things that could be on the menu that were not there. The pizza was pathetic--the crust was not done but was burnt. It was very limp when you picked it up. I had to use a knife and fork to eat it. The food is overpriced and over rated. I would not go there again, and definitely not recommend it to any one--not even an enemy. Not a very good experience on the part of the owners at all.
- Yum!Georgey306Dined on 8/7/2014Tasty and interesting pizzas. Wait staff was super friendly and helpful as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014Yum! Met girl friends here for a catch up dinner! We had a great time! Pizza was delicious and beers on tap were different and refreshing!Special Features:
- Amazing again!SZ1215Dined on 7/27/2014We have been to Hersh's several times, but on this visit we brought friends who had never been. We loved our dinner as usual and our friends were sold on it too! The menu items are always inventive and seasonal. If you go to Hersh's and don't try the Fumo e Fuoco wood fired pizza (adding the lamb sausage of course) you are missing out on life! It is our favorite menu item - so good, smoky, cheesy, yum! Our server was so nice and helpful, and very knowledgable about the menu. Thanks Hersh's, we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The following 222 reviews are from the Hersh's reviews archive.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014This was a great find, and the food was excellent. The service was fairly good, and my only complaint was the air conditioning was too cold. If they could adjust the temperature, this would be a favourite hang out.Special Features:
- Great foodFedhillliv2eatVIPDined on 7/19/2014As always we had a special meal. Burrata appetizer and pizza were both super but the grilled shrimp and polenta was outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Great place. Great food and NO TV--yay!! Dining outside was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gemaDined on 7/2/2014Great pizza as expected but all food is excellent and inventive.Special Features:
- Great time at Hersch'sSteveVIPDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I loved the food. The wines are carefully selected and affordable. Service was exceptional. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Really enjoyed our dinner on Father's Day! Great char on the pizza!! Wonderful mushroom/pesto appetizer! Attentive, friendly service. Will definitely return for pizza. Similar to Birrotecca, though food is better, esp. pizza.Special Features:
- What's not to like?cherieireneVIPDined on 6/15/2014LOVE this place. Food is crazy good and very inventive. I always order too much, think I'll take home and never have any left. The pizzas are the best...real classy, fun fresh ingredient pizza. Love the staff. They are always so welcoming and friendly and very knowledgeable about their offerings. Cocktails are top notch and they have great beer choices. Since parking can be tough love that they teamed with Uber to pay your fare one way. Very smart move.Special Features:
- Best Pizza in BaltimoremswenderVIPDined on 6/14/2014Hersh's has the best, most authentic Neapolitan Pizza in Baltimore. the crust is the perfect combination of chewiness and crispiness. The small plates are not be missed. The cocktails are divine. I never regret going here, but I do regret no going here!Special Features:
- Love Hersh's!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014Consistently amazing food, atmosphere and service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.